Mr.Meanie
05-27-2009, 01:10 PM
lol

Doggcow
05-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Lol

Irish Stout
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Since I could only vote for one, I went with soccer, which I dispise. I think golf is actually a sport, because it takes skill, athleticism and endurance to be good at it. However, it takes less endurance and does not have the defensive qualities to it that other sports (like soccer) have.

McDman
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Everyone hates on soccer but if you really watch it and know what is going on it rocks. It's no American football but it is great.

In fact there is a great game on right now on ESPN.

McDman
05-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Since I could only vote for one, I went with soccer, which I dispise. I think golf is actually a sport, because it takes skill, athleticism and endurance to be good at it. However, it takes less endurance and does not have the defensive qualities to it that other sports (like soccer) have.

I think people despise it because they are ignorant on how it is played. A good soccer goal is amazing to watch.

McDman
05-27-2009, 01:18 PM
I also don't know why soccer is even on here. It probably takes more athleticism to play soccer than football. No timeouts and you are constantly running and sprinting.

Hotrod
05-27-2009, 01:19 PM
I think people despise it because they are ignorant on how it is played. A good soccer goal is amazing to watch.

Maybe but if you blink you missed the only score of the freaking game. Soccer should be reserved for women and small children.

bombay
05-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Is muff diving a sport?

McDman
05-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Maybe but if you blink you missed the only score of the freaking game. Soccer should be reserved for women and small children.

Yeah it can get boring at times but a lot of games end in 3-2 type scores.

Hotrod
05-27-2009, 01:21 PM
I'd like to see soccer players pull this **** off

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Synchronized_swimming_-_Russian_team.jpg

McDman
05-27-2009, 01:22 PM
As gay as synchronized swimming is I bet t is hard as sh*t.

Maximus
05-27-2009, 01:23 PM
No timeouts and you are constantly running and sprinting.

I guess that qualifies "Kick The Rock" as a sport too! Kick Ball & Dodge Ball bring more excitement!

Flex Gunmetal
05-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Golf isn't a sport. It's a mildly athletically engaging activity.
Is tag a sport?

McDman
05-27-2009, 01:27 PM
I guess that qualifies "Kick The Rock" as a sport too! Kick Ball & Dodge Ball bring more excitement!

I'd be willing to bet 75% of the players in the NFL couldn't go out and run for 45 minutes straight with sprints mixed in the way soccer players have too.

Drek
05-27-2009, 01:30 PM
A sport is any athletic/physical competition that two or more individuals can engage in, compete, and ultimately determine a winner absent of a secondary judicial process.

In short, if someone has to tell you who did better, it isn't a sport.

Synchronized swimming, figure skating, ice dancing, and the like are NOT SPORTS. They're athletic events for sure, but there is no competition without a judge telling you who they think should've been the winner.

Boxing has judging, but is still a sport, because technically it can be played until you have a conclusive winner, it'd just significantly shorten careers (and lives).

NASCAR/Auto racing is a sport because it is a test of endurance and talent much like other sports. It doesn't seem like the most athletic, but it demands a level of given talent and physical exertion well within the bounds of sport, and a winner is quite easily found at the end of every event.

Bowling, darts, lawn darts, water polo, polo, croquette, etc.? All sports. They might be crappy sports, but they are athletic events with a set of rules that lead to a decisive winner.

Maximus
05-27-2009, 01:34 PM
I'd be willing to bet 75% of the players in the NFL couldn't go out and run for 45 minutes straight with sprints mixed in the way soccer players have too.

The misconception is that each soccer player is running constantly... not true... they have down time too Basketball and football players are put under more physical strain than Soccer players. If you say Australian Rules Football or Rugby I might agree. Soccer players are like Randy Moss during a running play!

Meck77
05-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Where is the competitive thread starting option? Dortoh did you lose your job or something dude?

Gcver2ver3
05-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Since I could only vote for one, I went with soccer, which I dispise.

actually you can vote for more than 1...

i voted for all of them...

i love the spirit of competition...

if you take it serious enough...call it a sport...more power to you...

HILife
05-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Everyone hates on soccer but if you really watch it and know what is going on it rocks. It's no American football but it is great.

In fact there is a great game on right now on ESPN.

Soccer is the international sport of choice. It's only disliked in the U.S., but everywhere else soccer may as well be the NFL. My brother and dad watch alot of soccer.

HILife
05-27-2009, 02:12 PM
The misconception is that each soccer player is running constantly... not true... they have down time too Basketball and football players are put under more physical strain than Soccer players. If you say Australian Rules Football or Rugby I might agree. Soccer players are like Randy Moss during a running play!

That's cold.

Garcia Bronco
05-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively

DenverBrit
05-27-2009, 02:18 PM
If there is air in the ball, it's a sport!

A ball without air is a pastime! ;D

Soccer is not only a sport, it dwarfs all others in fan base and tv viewing worldwide.

Rohirrim
05-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Is masturbation a sport?

DenverBrit
05-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Is masturbation a sport?

It's a pastime. No air in the ball(s). ;D

PRBronco
05-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Whatever happened to the "i hate you" options in your polls Mr. Rod?

Hotrod
05-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Whatever happened to the "i hate you" options in your polls Mr. Rod?

It was becoming wildly too popular

Rohirrim
05-27-2009, 02:38 PM
It's a pastime. No air in the ball(s). ;D

If it was a recognized sport, when I was a teenager I would have made the Olympic team. ;D

Garcia Bronco
05-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Is masturbation a sport?

No but a circle jerk would be.

Gcver2ver3
05-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Is masturbation a sport?

only if done competitively...

Hotrod
05-27-2009, 02:54 PM
only if done competitively...

Trust me you should never masterbate in anger.

Spider
05-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Soccer is for pussies

The Big E
The true champs, the true athletes of the uber competitive sport of synchronized swimming:

Gcver2ver3
Trust me you should never masterbate in anger.

sounds like someone is speaking from experience...:~ohyah!:

Rohirrim
05-27-2009, 03:08 PM
The true champs, the true athletes of the uber competitive sport of synchronized swimming:

That was one of the funniest skits I've ever seen.

Hotrod
05-27-2009, 03:10 PM
sounds like someone is speaking from experience...:~ohyah!:

she should have been wearing goggles or something. Not really my fault

ColoradoDarin
05-27-2009, 03:24 PM
no to golf and bowling, it can't be a sport when a few beers improve my performance.

Hotrod
05-27-2009, 03:30 PM
no to golf and bowling, it can't be a sport when a few beers improve my performance.

**** sex is out for me then as a sport

DenverBrit
05-27-2009, 03:50 PM
If it was a recognized sport, when I was a teenager I would have made the Olympic team. ;D

Gold medal? Ha!

Pick Six
05-27-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm voting for all options in these polls except the NBA thread. That's just HOW I ROLL...

Jason in LA
05-27-2009, 05:31 PM
They are all sports, but I consider golf and bowling non athletic sports. I'll lump in race car driving into the non athletic sport category too. They are sports that require a high level of skill and a low level of athletic ability, if any athletic ability at all. I don't consider walking the course or hitting the ball off the tee, or rolling a ball down a lane, as being athletic. If a person can sport a gut, and fail at pretty much any real athletic challenge, but still participate in their sport at a very high level, then they aren't athletes, they are just highly skilled at the sport that they play. And please don't use Tiger Woods as an example. He's only one guy out of many golfers, and I'd say that he's the exception. Most golfers aren't in the shape that he's in, and there have been golfers who are overweight and smoke who have beaten him. So being in great shape isn't really a deciding factor. You'll never see an overweight smoker cover Randy Moss, or be able to do much of anything on the basketball court, or be able to score against a top tennis player, or stay within 40 meters of a world class sprinter in the 100 meter dash, but he can beat Tiger if he has the skills.