PDA

View Full Version : Your Wife and Children are being held captive.....

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 03:22 PM
...in a secret location. You and you alone are responsible for finding their location and releasing them. As luck would have it you have found an uncooperative member of the faction holding your beloved. You have the operative in custody. There is a time limit of 48 hours until your wife and children are murdered. How would you extract the information from the operative of the secret location?

Mr.Meanie
05-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Jak Bauer style, no doubt

TailgateNut
05-26-2009, 03:23 PM
...in a secret location. You and you alone are responsible for finding their location and releasing them. As luck would have it you have found an uncooperative member of the faction holding your beloved. You have the operative in custody. There is a time limit of 48 hours until your wife and children are murdered. How would you extract the information from the operative of the secret location?

None ya! I don't live by the letter of the law!;)

Mr.Meanie
05-26-2009, 03:24 PM
and then I would keep yelling "WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME" and look world-weary and sad at the decisions I am forced to make.

Hotrod
05-26-2009, 03:25 PM
I'd see if we could strike a bargin and the terrorists can keep the wife.

LordHelmchen
05-26-2009, 03:28 PM
thank the guy and then collect the insurance?

Popps
05-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Waterboarding! YAY!!

Popps
05-26-2009, 03:30 PM
and then I would keep yelling "WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME" and look world-weary and sad at the decisions I am forced to make.

:rofl:

Meck77
05-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Is this wife worthy of the boob mojo thread?

SonOfLe-loLang
05-26-2009, 03:31 PM
What your emotions tell you to do and what actually works are two different things.

theAPAOps5
05-26-2009, 03:32 PM
When I become in international spy for a double top secret organization to fight espionage and have a cover as an insurance salesman I will answer the question.

oubronco
05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
tie a rope to his yingyang and tie the other end to the back of the a truck

theAPAOps5
05-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Truth serum

ElwayMD
05-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Make him listen to Lady GaGa for about 20 minutes. I'll have all sorts of information out of him.

Hotrod
05-26-2009, 03:42 PM
we should work on figuring out how that jedi mind trick stuff works.

Spider
05-26-2009, 03:43 PM
I'd see if we could strike a bargin and the terrorists can keep the wife.

i can live with this plan :D

Spider
05-26-2009, 03:44 PM
very simple , I cut off fingers and toes until he tells me where they are

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 03:46 PM

This is what I would do as well. I would use a reciprocating saw....and goggles.

watermock
05-26-2009, 03:47 PM
I'd sell him a fiat.

Then give hin 10 million of fiat fed notes.

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 03:47 PM
What your emotions tell you to do and what actually works are two different things.

What would you do?

no-pseudo-fan
05-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Chinese Water Torture + the repeated playing of Afternoon Delight.

If that doesn't work after a few hours, I start cutting off ears and drenching him with gasoline.

BroncosinDC
05-26-2009, 03:51 PM
But my mistress is safe, right?

Get Drunk, Bang Mistress.

SureShot
05-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Sounds like a cheap divorce.

Meck77
05-26-2009, 03:55 PM

You sound like Dick Cheney. I thought you were an Obama guy?

ak1971
05-26-2009, 03:56 PM
jumper cables to his balls...then cut one of his nuts off and feed it to him

Spider
05-26-2009, 03:57 PM
You sound like Dick Cheney. I thought you were an Obama guy?

I am an Obama guy , but not one to ****ed with when it comes to his kids .....

Bronx33
05-26-2009, 04:02 PM
To get info i do whatever means are nessesary i have zero problem bitch slapping douchbags that have the info.

slyinky
05-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Garcia Bronco is being held captive.....

...in a secret location. I and I alone am responsible for finding his location and releasing him. As luck would have it I have found an uncooperative member of the faction holding him. I have the operative in custody. There is a time limit of 48 hours until he is murdered. How would I extract the information from the operative of the secret location?

Tea, anyone?

Raidersbane
05-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I'd go with the Robot Chicken set up on him with My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite and Barney in a continuous loop.....

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 04:27 PM
The point of the hypothetical is to see were people will go when pushed to the limit. Would you torture the individual? Would you try to bribe them provided they could be bribed? Would you let them go free? Obvioulsy the success rate depends on the captive operative, but it's interesting to see the answers. It was also interesting to see that some would not answer the question.

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 04:28 PM

...in a secret location. I and I alone am responsible for finding his location and releasing him. As luck would have it I have found an uncooperative member of the faction holding him. I have the operative in custody. There is a time limit of 48 hours until he is murdered. How would I extract the information from the operative of the secret location?

Tea, anyone?

\What would you do based on the OP?

Gcver2ver3
05-26-2009, 04:29 PM
i'd make them watch our defense from last year...

brother love
05-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Torture for sure.

Maybe start with some fire ants on the the testicles, slowly burn areas of their body and have them watch chiefs games till they give me the info I want.

bombquixote
05-26-2009, 04:32 PM
So what's your point? Is this hypothetical scenario, which will never happen to anyone, ever, supposed to convince me of the efficacy of torture? Or just supposed to show me that I'm emotionally capable of considering it?

Spider
05-26-2009, 04:32 PM

if it is GB being held ? I am b**** slapping the guy for them being lazy and only taking 1 pain the ass when we have BarryR Broncofan7 I hate a job that is half done

Hotrod
05-26-2009, 04:37 PM
http://www.toppun.com/Coffee-Mugs/War_-_What_Would_Jesus_Do_small.jpg

http://tallteacher.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/funny-jesus.jpg

Orange_Beard
05-26-2009, 04:37 PM
What would Jesus do?

watermock
05-26-2009, 04:38 PM
i'd put a battery to his balls.

slyinky
05-26-2009, 04:39 PM
\What would you do based on the OP?
Before I answer, what exactly is the point that you are trying to make with this hypothetical?

watermock
05-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Jesus would see if he could walk on water.

Hotrod
05-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Jesus would see if he could walk on water.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3808/jesuswaterpolout1.gif

slyinky
05-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Let me ask you a hypothetical, Garcia Bronco. Let's say that your child needs a life saving operation that costs 1 million dollars. You don't have the money but you know of a way to steal that amount without being caught. Do you do it?

SonOfLe-loLang
05-26-2009, 04:45 PM
What would you do?

I honestly have zero clue.

Pony Boy
05-26-2009, 04:52 PM
i'd put a battery to his balls.

Yes Sir

watermock
05-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Let me ask you a hypothetical, Garcia Bronco. Let's say that your child needs a life saving operation that costs 1 million dollars. You don't have the money but you know of a way to steal that amount without being caught. Do you do it?

The proper question is, KNOWING you would be caught would you do it.

I would.

Mr.Meanie
05-26-2009, 04:58 PM
As long as we're doing hilariously impossible hypotheticals:

You are stranded in a rowboat in the middle of an ocean with 2 other people - a toddler and an adult male in a coma he may or may not ever recover from. The boat is sinking, and it needs about 40lbs tossed overboard to keep from sinking. Who do you toss overboard? (yourself isn't an option, for obvious reasons)

Spider
05-26-2009, 05:01 PM

You are stranded in a rowboat in the middle of an ocean with 2 other people - a toddler and an adult male in a coma he may or may not ever recover from. The boat is sinking, and it needs about 40lbs tossed overboard to keep from sinking. Who do you toss overboard? (yourself isn't an option, for obvious reasons)

the adult ......... i would keep the kid as long as I could

watermock
05-26-2009, 05:03 PM

Obvious, toss the toddler overboard, wait till he floats back up and use him AS A LIFE PRESERVER for the guy in a coma.

RU an idiot?

slyinky
05-26-2009, 05:32 PM
The proper question is, KNOWING you would be caught would you do it.

I would.
I stated it as getting away with it for a reason. It makes it a simple decision. Who wouldn't do it? But just because you would do it doesn't make it right. It is not something that should be lawful. The same with torture.

Bronco Rob
05-26-2009, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdVvAyvEOD4

Pseudofool
05-26-2009, 05:53 PM
What I would do pressed, and what I would want my gov't to do when pressed are far, far different things. And they should be. Gov'ts should never act out of emotion.

If we take this scenario further, if torturing the individual will get you the information you need, but it will also cause the secret-holder's people to seek revenge on one of your neighbors' family, would you still use torture ?
<iframe src="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?lookitup&term=it&xcrop=//div#content&css=div#subnav1,div#footer%7Bdisplay:none%7D" style="border: 1px solid black; width: 672px; height: 100%; top: 0px; right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: fixed; background-color: white; z-index: 1000; display: none;" id="ResultBox1"></iframe>

spdirty
05-26-2009, 06:17 PM
What I would do pressed, and what I would want my gov't to do when pressed are far, far different things. And they should be. Gov'ts should never act out of emotion.

If we take this scenario further, if torturing the individual will get you the information you need, but it will also cause the secret-holder's people to seek revenge on one of your neighbors' family, would you still use torture ?
<iframe src="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?lookitup&term=it&xcrop=//div#content&css=div#subnav1,div#footer%7Bdisplay:none%7D" style="border: 1px solid black; width: 672px; height: 100%; top: 0px; right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; position: fixed; background-color: white; z-index: 1000; display: none;" id="ResultBox1"></iframe>

yes, my kids are my life. Id do anything for them including die or kill for them. Either of my kids go, I would turn suicidal.

The people we are dealing with are ****ing scumbags anyway and Id warn em, they are cool people and would understand, they have guns and when the evildoers try to seek revenge on them if given the opportunity Id help them.

But any organization takes my kids even if I get them back unharmed Id want to finish the job and kill every ****ing one of them who had anything to do with it anyway.

OBF1
05-26-2009, 06:27 PM
I sure would not do anything that is considered against the law.... I would not like to be called a dirty, douchebag policeman that gets off on doing things that would make me above the law.

TGN...... you peace officer you

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Before I answer, what exactly is the point that you are trying to make with this hypothetical?

It's a moral conundrum. Nothing more.

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 06:54 PM
I honestly have zero clue.

A semi-valid answer. Just because you answer here it doesn't mean that's exactly what you would do.

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 06:56 PM

I would prefer my actions would be more overt as opposed to sneaking around. However, I would do it in just about a heartbeat. The true measure of person is certainly what they would do when no one was looking.

OABB
05-26-2009, 07:00 PM
I would obviously reason with them. I would tell them that violence is wrong, give them a copy of "The Secret", and explain to them how they are merely a caveman bully who should open their eyes up to a better, more peaceful female ran world of ice cream and puppy dogs.

as long as they aren't a caveman, they will understand and help me.

sakuraba
05-26-2009, 07:00 PM
you are assuming that said captive operative has the info as to the location of your loved ones. Otherwise torture is not reliable and needs to be backed up with other intel. Then there is the sticky wicket of extracting the loved ones.

sakuraba
05-26-2009, 07:01 PM
well if it was a matriarchy none of this would happen in the first place......yeah that's it

sakuraba
05-26-2009, 07:02 PM
it would be rainbow skies and chocolate streams and we would all stand hand in hand and sing the coca cola song

bowtown
05-26-2009, 07:04 PM
i'd make them watch our defense from last year...

You sick, sick bastard. There is torture and then there is pure evil.

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 07:05 PM

I think the best action is to use torture as a last resort. It's not off the table. However you are pressed for time. How long can you try to bargain with the captive operative?

I agree with your statement that government should show little emotion. But are they pressed for time? If we are talking about a pontential terrorist attack, how much time do they have? Who knows?

By adding the neighbor, that really twists it doesn't it? You have some number of people that really just live in the house on your street that could be murdered. I think I would not torture the captive operative. Maybe. But I don't have kids. If I had kids I would probably put the screws to them.

Spider
05-26-2009, 07:06 PM
LOL macho guys ............

sakuraba
05-26-2009, 07:07 PM
torture is fun and all, a good way to get certain feelings out, but it is not a reliable source of information. someone being tortured will tell you anything you want.

OABB
05-26-2009, 07:09 PM
torture is fun and all, a good way to get certain feelings out, but it is not a reliable source of information. someone being tortured will tell you anything you want.

That's why you need to keep them tied up until you get back from checking what they say....

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 07:10 PM

That's the other aspect. How good will the information be? But you don't have to torture the guy at first. You could offer several things. You do have some leverage. Money or freedom come to mind.

sakuraba
05-26-2009, 07:13 PM
another question is what if you had the guy that tortured and killed your loved ones? would you kill him quickly? or torture and kill him?

NYBronco
05-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Identify the terrorists, find their families and do unto others.

OABB
05-26-2009, 07:16 PM
another question is what if you had the guy that tortured and killed your loved ones? would you kill him quickly? or torture and kill him?

Again, I(being a mature and evolved male) would merely ask him why he did something so horrible. We would make tea and sit and talk like old friends. After a while he would apologize and explain that it was his insecurities and macho cavemen needs that led him to such a violent and immature path.

We would hug and watch Sex and the City together.

sakuraba
05-26-2009, 07:19 PM
the problem with avenging that is that one cannot undo that which was done. that is the most disturbing part, the part that is hard to live with. it's easy enough to torture and kill but to live with knowing your loved ones were tortured and killed that is the challenge. unless of course we were in a matriarchial society where everything would be great.

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 07:50 PM

If my loved ones are gone then there is no point to even dealing with the captive operative. It's time for the FBI.

sakuraba
05-26-2009, 08:39 PM
you would walk away from the person who made you children and wife scream ? the person who put them through hell and then killed them?

spdirty
05-26-2009, 08:49 PM
you would walk away from the person who made you children and wife scream ? the person who put them through hell and then killed them?

I'd probably be in such a screwed up mental state, probably kill him as slowly and painfully as possible, then once he's dead take a gun and shoot myself in the head so I could follow the sob and continue to torture his sorry ass in hell.

Hogan11
05-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Take some tips from Marv

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5zgg3WCiWk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5zgg3WCiWk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

listopencil
05-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Have you ever seen "Man On Fire" with Denzel Washington?

Garcia Bronco
05-26-2009, 09:54 PM

It won't bring them back.

Taco John
05-26-2009, 10:17 PM

LOL ROFL! Ha!

CHANGSTER
05-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Have you ever seen "Man On Fire" with Denzel Washington?

Cut off some fingers and cauterize the wounds with a car cigarette lighter. Gotta keep em conscious.

Not a bad idea. I think I remember it working in the movie.

Xenos
05-26-2009, 11:47 PM
The point of the hypothetical is to see were people will go when pushed to the limit. Would you torture the individual? Would you try to bribe them provided they could be bribed? Would you let them go free? Obviously the success rate depends on the captive operative, but it's interesting to see the answers. It was also interesting to see that some would not answer the question.
The problem with the ticking time bomb scenario is that it's unrealistic. It only exists in the world of 24. Your hypothesis depends too greatly on us being able to know for certain that this person is the one that holds the key information, which is not true in the real world.

When it comes to dealing with terrorists, you end up causing more problems with torture. If someone is tortured they'll more likely to tell you anything just to make the pain stop. You then end up wasting time and money following fruitless leads. Not to mention the fact that you give an organization like Al Queda fuel to use to recruit more members.

Dudeskey
05-27-2009, 12:13 AM
I think of that scene in Man on Fire where Denzel Washington's interrogating one of the crooked cops that had a hand in kidnapping a girl. Every time he doesn't "answer truthfully" Denzel cuts one of the guy's fingers off then burns the bloody stub... <object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OySjsTm6q9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Houshyamama
05-27-2009, 01:06 AM
http://www.toppun.com/Coffee-Mugs/War_-_What_Would_Jesus_Do_small.jpg

http://blog.mrfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/laughing-jesus.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
05-27-2009, 01:49 AM
i pull out a knife and begin chopping toes and fingers off one by one, and if that doesn't work i move on to every man's favorite apendage. a sharp blade inching toward any dude's fun zone is going to have him giving me any info i need.

BroncoMan4ever
05-27-2009, 01:52 AM

the coma guy no doubt. only the strong survive and it is their duty to protect the young and women.

BroncoMan4ever
05-27-2009, 01:55 AM
yes, my kids are my life. Id do anything for them including die or kill for them. Either of my kids go, I would turn suicidal.

The people we are dealing with are ****ing scumbags anyway and Id warn em, they are cool people and would understand, they have guns and when the evildoers try to seek revenge on them if given the opportunity Id help them.

But any organization takes my kids even if I get them back unharmed Id want to finish the job and kill every ****ing one of them who had anything to do with it anyway.

i am with you completely. i am a calm peaceful person, but if anyone ****s with any of my family, i will go completely nuts and **** some **** up.

there would be no limits to the things i would do to a person who did harm to my family.

to answer the initial question, i would torture the hell out of the guy for the info i need, and when he gave it to me, i would kill the guy Frank Castle style.

and not only would the person who messed with my family get his, but also his entire family, and anyone he knows or loves also follow his ass straight to hell.

Archer81
05-27-2009, 01:55 AM
Waterboard him. But before that I would make sure he gets no sleep and put a few bugs in the room with him. Bitch is gonna talk.

:Broncos:

Archer81
05-27-2009, 01:57 AM
I think of that scene in Man on Fire where Denzel Washington's interrogating one of the crooked cops that had a hand in kidnapping a girl. Every time he doesn't "answer truthfully" Denzel cuts one of the guy's fingers off then burns the bloody stub... <object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OySjsTm6q9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Read the book. Main character is white and he is in Italy.

:Broncos:

BroncoMan4ever
05-27-2009, 02:03 AM
If my loved ones are gone then there is no point to even dealing with the captive operative. It's time for the FBI.

your insane man. eye for an eye. i would round up his family and chop each menber to pieces right in front of the dirtbag that killed my family, and when he had nothing to live for, let him live.

or kill them all in front of him and then torture him slowly for days until he finally dies.

either way, payback will be a bitch

TDmvp
05-27-2009, 02:06 AM

We would start the day with sandpaper funnels and a rubbing alcohol and salt enema .

Followed by seeing how many cigarettes it would take to burn someones penis completely off to a stump .

I'm betting by the 2nd pack of cigs they talk ...

Those two I thought of why thinking of proper punishment for pedophiles.

The one from film i think would work well is the big rat on their chest under a metal bucket that we heat with a torch .

orinjkrush
05-27-2009, 05:48 AM
the lawful way would be to turn him over to the police and then wait nervously as the criminal justice system works.

anything else is vigilantism and probably illegal.

probability of getting wife back: 0%

alkemical
05-27-2009, 06:30 AM

drugs and booze...what else?

TailgateNut
05-27-2009, 07:24 AM
I sure would not do anything that is considered against the law.... I would not like to be called a dirty, douchebag policeman that gets off on doing things that would make me above the law.

TGN...... you peace officer you

Isn't that Piece Officer?

oubronco
05-27-2009, 07:31 AM

the Hey Mickey song in Spanish was pretty funny

Beantown Bronco
05-27-2009, 07:53 AM

What is it they want from you? Ransom?

If so, set up the exchange and pull a Keyser Sze. Nobody will ever mess with you again.

Garcia Bronco
05-27-2009, 08:01 AM
The problem with the ticking time bomb scenario is that it's unrealistic. It only exists in the world of 24. Your hypothesis depends too greatly on us being able to know for certain that this person is the one that holds the key information, which is not true in the real world.

When it comes to dealing with terrorists, you end up causing more problems with torture. If someone is tortured they'll more likely to tell you anything just to make the pain stop. You then end up wasting time and money following fruitless leads. Not to mention the fact that you give an organization like Al Queda fuel to use to recruit more members.

Not only is it realistic, but it reveals something about ourselves. We all have a boiling point. Most people here went straight for the throat. I think you over simplify ones need for self preservation. You are also translating this to the larger scope issue of global terrorism. What might be effective in this small scale senario might not be proper in a large scale senario.

That One Guy
05-27-2009, 09:02 AM
The first thing to consider is why do people give false info under torture? The reprieve from the torture while you investigate the lead. So you communicate clearly that two things are going to happen. First, the torture is not going to end when he talks. It might become intermitent but the longer it takes to confirm the information, the longer he gets tortured. Ideally, put the guy in the back of a cargo van and have him direct you to the location. A compadre could drive while you continue to torture in the back and continue extracting additional details. It's not just the anticipation of ending the pain immediately, it's the anticipation of ending it at all that they will seek. If it's accepted that it's gonna go on for a while but there is an end in sight, it could be just as effective.

Secondly, ensure that they know they wont die. When the fight or flight survival mechanism fails, the next response could be to simply accept fate and go out like a warrior. Everyone breaks down eventually though and by not allowing them to see any light at the end of the tunnel until they cooperate, the fate will be much, much worse than death.

The problem with this scenario in a global environment is there's absolutely no way to immediately confirm or deny the validity of what the person is telling you. They can "cooperate" and then recover while you're on a wild goose chase. They might get it worse when you discover their lie but in the interim, they will be safe. Also, if they know death is in the equation either way, they'll be less likely to cooperate. The only incentive they have to even consider cooperation is if they think you might be convinced to let them live. There's plenty of anti-interrogation techniques that one can use to postpone things but insisting on urgency in every step of the way will invalidate those techniques.