PDA

View Full Version : WTF are we doing in Afganistan?

watermock
05-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Jesus...

60,000 viet vets have commteds suicide.

Imagine hat's next with all the cripples and PtsD and health care for all the unemployed. Desert War Syndrome...
agent orange, DPU...

All my neices are going into health care, bless their hearts.

Never get into a land war in aisia. Even the game Risk teaches that.

SureShot
05-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Whats Beezer up to these days?

watermock
05-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Whats Beezer up to these days?

http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/mongo.png

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

GreatBronco16
05-25-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/mongo.png

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

So you and the cat are still getting down like that huh? Yep, you're back alright.Hilarious!

azbroncfan
05-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Keep away from the peanut butter please.

watermock
05-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Amazing how I bother to make a perfect analogy and you manage idiocty.

watermock
05-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Keep away from the peanut butter please.

Lisiopril made me allergic to peanut butter. And that isn't what almost killed me. Giving me an IV push of Pheneghan which reversed the vascular constriction of Epidephrin did.

I'm very much still crippled.

broncocalijohn
05-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Lisiopril made me allergic to peanut butter. And that isn't what almost killed me. Giving me an IV push of Pheneghan which reversed the vascular constriction of Epidephrin did.

In the head? How is the progress going? Your question to Afghanistan is if we worry about what happens later, we will fail regardless. Vietnam was a unpopular war and that could be part of the problem. Afghanistan is a just war and is backed by the majority of our nation unlike what Iraq has brought us. Mock, better to keep those other topics of conspiracy where McGoofy resides and that is the War room.

watermock
05-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Afghanistan is a just war and is backed by the majority of our nation unlike what Iraq has brought us.

Really? Did Afghanistan raid the second largest oilfield and then threaten the largest?

We are in no postion to delegate our cleptocracy at this point.

Idiot. Did you know Brezinski and some pawns put the Taliban in power in the first place.

Sorry, you have no clue what's really going on.

You think The Shiites ar going to stay subodinate after we leave?

Both are Wars we cannot win, because they are MUSLIM.

BroncoMan4ever
05-26-2009, 12:58 AM
Really? Did Afghanistan raid the second largest oilfield and then threaten the largest?

Idiot. Did you know Brezinski and some pawns put the Taliban in power in the first place.

i agree. no matter what happens wile our troops are over there, the minute they leave in the following months, the Middle East will fall back into the piece of **** it always has been.

all we are doing is putting our men and women in uniform into harms way for a winless cause.

HEAV
05-26-2009, 05:48 AM
aisia?

Sometimes you try too hard to be your former gimmick... It's 2009 move on and be a regular poster, the Mock of a the past was side show freak that TJ used to keep people interested in the Mane.

Now the Mane has enough content and doesn't need the circus.

SpringStein
05-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Greetings from Kabul! I arrived a week ago and will be returning in a couple of days. Not much beauty here as a result of the past 30 years, but I've found many warm, friendly people.

broncofan7
05-26-2009, 07:53 AM

Phenergan is given for nausea/vomitting and sometimes used as an inducing agent for sedation as well and lisinopril can cause dysgeusia (loss of taste perception or a persistent salty taste) but does not cause an allergy to peanut butter. just sayin'

TailgateNut
05-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Phenergan is given for nausea/vomitting and sometimes used as an inducing agent for sedation as well and lisinopril can cause dysgeusia (loss of taste perception or a persistent salty taste) but does not cause an allergy to peanut butter. just sayin'

Watermock would've been ok if he had'nt put a whole damn jar of peanut butter on one slice of bread.:spit:

watermock
05-26-2009, 10:22 AM
lisinopril can cause dysgeusia (loss of taste perception or a persistent salty taste) but does not cause an allergy to peanut butter. just sayin'

I allready had a food allergy to shellfish, lobster, shrimp. All BP medines have potential for allergic reaction, particuliarly food allergys.

Phenghan reverses the vascular constriction of epinephrin. (adrenaline).

Meck77
05-26-2009, 10:23 AM
When I visited my family in Ukraine they told me stories of the Russian army rounding up thousands Ukraine men to fight in Afghanistan to fight on their behalf. None of them returned. The Russians couldn't manage a war in their own backyard. Are we better fighters than them? I guess time will tell. Obviously modern warfare is much different these days.

Mock as far as your critics go. **** em. Just glad your crazy ass it still alive.

watermock
05-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Were going to fight an army constructed by Brezinski and the globalists/CIA.

Hey, since the soviets collapsed, had to come up with something, right?

vancejohnson82
05-26-2009, 10:37 AM
I am not going to try and be pro or anti this "war" but it is pretty obvious what we are doing there....

We are building a permanent infrastructure there that will be conducive to setting up permanent US military bases used to further our advances into the Middle East.....it isn't a war anymore, as much as it is a strategic placement for our military bases

watermock
05-26-2009, 10:56 AM
So much for getting off the oil nippple, we fight the war, and then still pay for the oil....what a deal.

Then we can make an invisible tax too, both sales, excise, and carbon. 3 taxes.

Paid with the blood of youth for the global elite. disgusting.

broncocalijohn
05-26-2009, 01:10 PM

looks like Mock is friends with McGaffney. Since his return, he is full of conspiracy theorist bs. The peanut butter fiasco got his brain cells scrambled. Afghanistan wasnt a start by getting oil out of it (of course), but to stop the Taliban. Seems they are still around and powering into Pakistan. Yes, get us out so they can come back and create havoc in the whole region. Good grief Mock. Old mock was a pain but not so disturbing to possibly others.

DeusExManning
05-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Where is this statistic coming from, is this in the last 10 years, does this include Iraq, is this in the last year. That sounds like a lot and I would question it.

DeusExManning
05-26-2009, 02:33 PM

Shh! Be careful or the illuminati bilderberg globalists will send you to a FEMA death camp

JJJ
05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Where is this statistic coming from, is this in the last 10 years, does this include Iraq, is this in the last year. That sounds like a lot and I would question it.

I would agree. I thnk this is a BS statistic.

Normal suicide rates are around 12.5 per 100,000.

With 3.4m Vietnam vets this is saying Vietnam Vet rate is 1764 per 100,000 or 150 times the normal rate. Statistically that seems very hard to believe.

But with some people thinking we are in Afghanistan for oil I guess there is no shortage of vivid imaginations around here.

Bronx33
05-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Afghanistan has a very real potential to turn unto a cess pool of religious fanatics ( these douchebags want to take over the world) and will do anything to obtain this goal do we really want to leave it alone and let it grow/fester? we can't let them get a foothold or we will have to deal with a much larger problem that will be twice as hard to remove/kill.

watermock
05-26-2009, 03:19 PM
looks like Mock is friends with McGaffney. Since his return, he is full of conspiracy theorist bs. The peanut butter fiasco got his brain cells scrambled. Afghanistan wasnt a start by getting oil out of it (of course), but to stop the Taliban. Seems they are still around and powering into Pakistan. Yes, get us out so they can come back and create havoc in the whole region. Good grief Mock. Old mock was a pain but not so disturbing to possibly others.

The Taliban was created by the CIA/Brezinski to neutralize the soviet occupation.

Putin is nervous becuse we are encircling russia, or trying.

These things WILL happen soon.

As far as Packistan goes, so far we still have control over the nukes.

I don't even consider your insults improper, just ignorant.

JJJ
05-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Suicide Rates Double for Male Veterans

Male veterans are twice as likely to commit suicide as their civilian counterparts, according to a recent study by health researchers at Portland State University and Oregon Health & Science University. The findings are published in the July issue of the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health.

Well there goes that 60k statistic out the window.

Interesting link. http://www.ndqsa.com/suicide.html

STBumpkin
05-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Jesus...

60,000 viet vets have commteds suicide.

Imagine hat's next with all the cripples and PtsD and health care for all the unemployed. Desert War Syndrome...
agent orange, DPU...

All my neices are going into health care, bless their hearts.

Never get into a land war in aisia. Even the game Risk teaches that.

Before I go off, what prompted this rant?

mhgaffney
05-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Bronx33 sounds disturbingly like the so called patriots who told us -- back in 1970 -- that to save Viet Nam we had to bomb it back into the stone age.

I wonder how many of you Bronco fans are old enough to remember?

In fact - Afghanistan was a SUFI stronghold - for centuries. Sufism is a moderate strain of Islam known for mysticism and tolerance -- that is -- until the good old US of A conspired in the late 1970s to arm the most extreme Islamic elements -- for the purpose of luring the Soviets into a trap...

The plan "worked."

Unfortunately, decades of subsequent war transformed Afghanistan into a failed state. The Taliban replaced Sufism.

But something happened in the 1990s. China emerged as a global economic powerhouse -- replacing the USSR as the main perceived threat. Of course, this was a new threat of our own making -- given the decision by the US power elite -- the banksters -- to offshore jobs to China and get rich on the backs of cheap Chinese labor. In the process -- they put millions of Americans out of work.

And so the US power elite -- once again engineered a war -- this time against so called terrorism. A phony war.

The strategy was to occupy central Asia in order to prevent China from getting its hands on the oil and gas in this region -- to try to contain Chinese economic power.

But you can't tell that to the American people. Tell them anything but the truth.

How ironic! Now we are in the same trap we originally set for the Russkies.

MHG

Atlas
05-26-2009, 06:57 PM

You are right and right.... Iraq will turn into a civil war as soon as we leave...thank you GW.

Hopefully, Pakistan will keep up its offensive on the Taliban. The VETS that returned and brought the war home with them are the silent untold story.

JJJ
05-26-2009, 10:34 PM
You are right and right.... Iraq will turn into a civil war as soon as we leave...thank you GW.

Hopefully, Pakistan will keep up its offensive on the Taliban. The VETS that returned and brought the war home with them are the silent untold story.

That is why we shouldn't leave. Like other past areas of conflict, Germany, Korea, Vietnam you fight to win in the first place and then leave a presence once you are gone to preserve the peace and and influence the future direction of the region. Obviously in the third case there is a clear example of not following that strategy. We seemingly learned the lesson in Gulf 1 with a quick committed military victory and a significant presence left in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia to ensure the peace.

If you are forced to fight Muslim extremism for the next 100 years, and we likely are, what is the rush to extracate ourselves from what is now starting to become a relative safe haven for our troops (Iraq) and the clear conflict line in Afghanistan.

Whenever we have followed the drumbeats of full retreat banged on by "the world is safer if just do nothing" crowd we have failed miserably. (See Rwanda and Sudan for examples of how well doing nothing works)

Of all the conflicts of the past 100 years Vietnam is our one clear failure militarily and from a perspective of social change. Lets not rush to repeat it especially when we have the upper hand from a military perspective at this point.

chawknz
05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Well, we're in there because the Bush Administration wasn't able to devote the resources needed to win the fight there, instead electing to get into an unnecessary war in Iraq.