SACKS 26 12
FIELD GOALS 25/34 32/35
TOUCHDOWNS 42 50
(Rushing-Passing-Returns-Defensive) 15-25-0-2 26-20-2-2
TIME OF POSSESSION 28:43 31:16
TURNOVER RATIO -17

Ok, my 2 cents.

With credit given for a tough schedule

Offensive yards: Down for us, down for opponents. Basic thought on this will be from our offense point of view is that we will downgrade at QB somewhat but the young offense will be maturing more toward its prime.
Opponents will face a better secondary since the front 7 is a question at this time so the long freebies we were giving away should reduce dramatically. 3rd and long will give us some reason for hope for more stops.

Total Rushing Yards: Increase for both us and opponents. We will have a healthier RB situation with Moreno adding a chance at some star power. Opponents will be more enthused to run at us than throw due to the improved secondary and the newly installed and inexperienced front seven.

Total Passing Yards: Down for both us and opponents. We will not be the showtime offense from last year, nor will we need to be. The passes will be shorter ... there may be near as many but the throws will be in the shorter range with less home runs.
Opponents will prefer to run than throw at our secondary.

Sacks: Up for us, same for opponents. We will throw less and our line will remain awesome. Orton is less mobile than Cutler - wash. We will get to the QB more due to the creativity that can be applied from the 3-4 and the sacks will be coverage sacks gotten from 3rd and longs.

Time of possession: Up for us. Longer drives, slightly better defense.

Turnover ratio: Way better. Cutler gave a few away last year and our D has added a lot of personnel that are ballhawks.

Wins: About the same as last year. Tougher opponents, offense less points but owns more clock and a defense that will get a few more turnovers. Special teams will be improved.

Thoughts?

Rock Chalk
05-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Total Offense: Push
Passing: Down (Yay!)
Rushing: Up (Yay!)

Total Defense:
Passing: Down.
Rushing: Down.

Special Teams:
Return Yards For: Up.
Return Yards Against: Push (Im hoping we can improve in this area but our STs were so absolutely horrendous under shanahan I dont know that th eorganization will ever recover)

tsiguy96
05-25-2009, 07:49 PM
how can the defense really be worse than last year rockchalk?

i dont think its possible, yet you seem to think it will...

telluride
05-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Pretty much agree with prunch. We'll be more multi-dimensional. We'll also be smarter, tougher, and more focused. I say we win one or two more than last year.

Popps
05-25-2009, 08:14 PM
how can the defense really be worse than last year rockchalk?

i dont think its possible, yet you seem to think it will...

I think he meant allowed....