PDA

View Full Version : Some people are just out there man!

ZONA
05-24-2009, 11:09 PM
I was talking with this guy at work the other day and he told me something very very strange. We argue back and forth alot about politics (he is as die hard right as you can get, while I lean left) but we also talk about a bunch of other stuff. We got to talking about technology in space and how we could never achieve light speed and all that stuff. Then he threw his haymaker. He told me that all the technology we have is from aliens. In his own words after I said WTF, he goes

"oh yeah, were do you think Fiber Optics came from? There's nobody on this planet who could think of that. All this stuff is from alien technology. I really believe we have capture aliens and their technology from Roswell".

That right there got me thinking about this one thing I heard from a dude in high school. He actually thinks we (humans) are farmed. This was in 1987, long before The Matrix came out. He thinks humans are farmed here on Earth and thousands each year are abducted and taken to begin farms on new planets.

You hear about people that think this way but when you actually come across one who is telling you this face to face with all sincerity, it kinda gives you the creeps. You realize, there are some pretty weird people out there.

Conklin
05-24-2009, 11:12 PM
your the one that is mis-informed. I have had an alien encounter and can testify to their existence. Their purpose, however, remains a mystery.

ZONA
05-24-2009, 11:18 PM
your the one that is mis-informed. I have had an alien encounter and can testify to their existence. Their purpose, however, remains a mystery.

Are you a Republican? Just askin

What was your so called experience?

Jason7730
05-24-2009, 11:40 PM
So what high school did you go too, AZ?

ZONA
05-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out there. If anybody has had "an experience" with aliens, I don't discount them. An experience can be in somebody's mind and they can actually believe it's 100% real, even though it is not. There have been studies on the human brain and once the brain is in a certain state, it can actually create an experience to a person that seems more real then life itself, but actually it's not real.

Aliens, as most people describe them, are living matter, made of living tissue, most of the time they have eyes, mouths, limbs, etc.

Here's what's wrong this whole picture. Let's assume these aliens are very advanced in their technology compared to ours. Okay, we'll give them that. But even though we (humans) are not advanced enough for long space travel, we do know for a fact that it's almost impossible to do. Some scientists argue that it's not possible at all.

We've searched the skies for our closest neighbors and discovered many many galaxies. All those galaxies have a central star, thus keeping those planets in orbit, creating a galaxy. In all of those galaxies, you have a very small zone that a planet must be in to sustain life. If it's too close to the star, it's too hot for life, if it's too far away, it's too cold for life. Actually, a planet even has to be of a certain size to sustain life. And lastly, it actually has to spin on an axis, such as earth does. Of all the closest galaxies, only a few of them have planets in this so called "life zone" and those planets were on the very edges of those zones, unlike earth, which sits right smack in the middle of this "life zone". The spin is important, it's how gravity is created. If it spins too fast, life could not flourish, it would stay in pretty much a single celled state. If it doesn't spin fast enough, there would be no gravity. You could say, within hundreds of close by studied galaxies featuring many many planets, only earth really has all those ingredients to support life.

Okay, I go into all that to suggest, if Aliens did exist, they certainly had to come a long long long long way to get here. In fact, probably hundreds if not thousands of light years away. Nothing is faster then light speed and that is a known fact. I don't care what kind of advanced technology you can imagine, but light speed is impossible to create in a so called "flying object". No other objects in space fly at light speed so it's easy to understand that nothing but light can actually travel at that speed. So let's just say they can travel at 1/3 of light speed, which is still hauling ass. What kind of artificial gravity system would be needed..........one that is virtually impossible to manufacture. Then you have subatomic particles that go through anything. What about the life span of these aliens. Do they just hop on a ship from thousands of light years away, knowing their journey here would take maybe a million years? I doubt even aliens live a million years.

Just understand, when you say you believe in Aliens, you are saying that they basically defy the laws of physics. That's a bit far fetched in my book. I'd believe there was a bigfoot before I believed aliens from a planet far far away were here at earth.

TheReverend
05-24-2009, 11:46 PM
I was talking with this guy at work the other day and he told me something very very strange. We argue back and forth alot about politics (he is as die hard right as you can get, while I lean left) but we also talk about a bunch of other stuff. We got to talking about technology in space and how we could never achieve light speed and all that stuff. Then he threw his haymaker. He told me that all the technology we have is from aliens. In his own words after I said WTF, he goes

"oh yeah, were do you think Fiber Optics came from? There's nobody on this planet who could think of that. All this stuff is from alien technology. I really believe we have capture aliens and their technology from Roswell".

That's from a History Channel special. They just re-ran it a couple nights ago at 2 am. Some retired Army Officer claimed he ran the reverse engineering of the Roswell crash and used it to invent

Fiber Optics
Kevlar
Lasers
and a few other things

Then they debunked it step by step. They had the DuPont woman who actually invented Kevlar, and spent the majority of her life doing it, along with the other tech inventions, and basically showed step by step how it's bull****. On top of that, it's insulting to human ingenuity.

Not saying aliens don't exist or aren't here, because that subject fascinates the hell out of me. But as for their technology... none of those examples apply.

Jason7730
05-24-2009, 11:55 PM
You have to change ' light time ' as opposed to ' light speed '. The theory is you can change time.

ZONA
05-24-2009, 11:57 PM
That's from a History Channel special. They just re-ran it a couple nights ago at 2 am. Some retired Army Officer claimed he ran the reverse engineering of the Roswell crash and used it to invent

Fiber Optics
Kevlar
Lasers
and a few other things

Then they debunked it step by step. They had the DuPont woman who actually invented Kevlar, and spent the majority of her life doing it, along with the other tech inventions, and basically showed step by step how it's bull****. On top of that, it's insulting to human ingenuity.

Not saying aliens don't exist or aren't here, because that subject fascinates the hell out of me. But as for their technology... none of those examples apply.

Yeah, this guy at my work is big on the conspiracy stuff. Some of those things all go together.

I don't suggest there is not life out there somewhere either. The universe is a pretty damn big place. But, we are advanced enough to know certain things. If an alien society did exist, most certainly they are not very close to us at all. We've studied the closest galaxies and to a large extent the scientific community agrees on much of what I stated above. You ask yourself, how do they know this stuff. You'd be surprised if you turned on the science channel once in awhile and see the tools and programs they have that help them understand these things. It's all explained in great detail. In particular, the show that I watched which described how unique our planet is, and why it's able to support life. I never knew there was a so called "life zone". Then they go into all these things that explain why 99% of the planets in all of these galaxies could not support life, you understand why. Even single celled organisms could not live on most of these planets. And the very very few planets they feel could, they don't have ALL the optimal features that support life to the extent earth does. It really gives you a neat understanding just how unique our planet really is. I mean, it's right smack in the middle of a "life zone" and no other planets even within thousands of light years away, are in a life zone. Only a few are on the borders of a life zone and those don't even have axis spin, so they have no gravity. Pretty cool stuff.

TheReverend
05-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah, this guy at my work is big on the conspiracy stuff. Some of those things all go together.

I don't suggest there is not life out there somewhere either. The universe is a pretty damn big place. But, we are advanced enough to know certain things. If an alien society did exist, most certainly they are not very close to us at all. We've studied the closest galaxies and to a large extent the scientific community agrees on much of what I stated above. You ask yourself, how do they know this stuff. You'd be surprised if you turned on the science channel once in awhile and see the tools and programs they have that help them understand these things. It's all explained in great detail. In particular, the show that I watched which described how unique our planet is, and why it's able to support life. I never knew there was a so called "life zone". Then they go into all these things that explain why 99% of the planets in all of these galaxies could not support life, you understand why. Even single celled organisms could not live on most of these planets. And the very very few planets they feel could, they don't have ALL the optimal features that support life to the extent earth does. It really gives you a neat understanding just how unique our planet really is. I mean, it's right smack in the middle of a "life zone" and no other planets even within thousands of light years away, are in a life zone. Only a few are on the borders of a life zone and those don't even have axis spin, so they have no gravity. Pretty cool stuff.

I don't think it's nearly as rare as you do, and yeah, I've read all the same. Even a "requirement" for a Jupiter to have it's gravity pull asteroids before they reset our evolutionary development, etc.

I discount very little as "impossible", but reverse engineering a supposed crash, when there's decades worth of actual study and development into the actual invention of these things, IS just silly.

ZONA
05-25-2009, 12:08 AM
You have to change ' light time ' as opposed to ' light speed '. The theory is you can change time.

I've watched many shows on that also and those theories only say that you can change time based on one thing, another dimension. And I would believe aliens could have a thriving city on Mars before I would believe in multiple dimensions of space. Even the hardest core scientist struggles with that. Even Hawkins suggests he has no idea of how that would even be possible. So far, the "string" theory is the closest anybody could come up with but it's filled with so many flaws, it's not funny".

http://www.jyi.org/features/ft.php?id=496

slyinky
05-25-2009, 12:20 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBK0SYGKa2A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBK0SYGKa2A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ZONA
05-25-2009, 12:39 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBK0SYGKa2A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tBK0SYGKa2A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seen that one several times. Basically they are saying Aliens would have to collapse space itself to to achieve space travel from that far away. So now we've gone from them being able to fly super fast to collapsing space (which means, as that guy stated, everything within that space, stars, blackholes, planets, nebulas, etc.). I don't think most people realize just what kind of energy it would take to collapse space, and large chunks of it at that. Can you imagine what it would take to just make our solar system and thousands around it, just vanish? And, as they also suggest, you never know what the outcome would be if you could do it. What other forces could be generated if you did that? It would be like rolling the a set of 50K dice and expecting them all to come up with the number 6. And if they could do that stuff, would they just come by to spy on us or watch us? Who's to say they wouldn't have already squashed other civilizations on accident by collapsing space on there way here? Do you see?

But one thing you do realize, even though nothing is ever impossible so they say, you realize how close to impossible it really is, for Aliens to travel through far reaches of space. The odds are so against it that it's not even funny. The odds are much much higher that people who swear the truth to have had an encounter, that it was their own mind creating that experience.

slyinky
05-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Seen that one several times. Basically they are saying Aliens would have to collapse space itself to to achieve space travel from that far away. So now we've gone from them being able to fly super fast to collapsing space (which means, as that guy stated, everything within that space, stars, blackholes, planets, nebulas, etc.). I don't think most people realize just what kind of energy it would take to collapse space, and large chunks of it at that. Can you imagine what it would take to just make our solar system and thousands around it, just vanish? And, as they also suggest, you never know what the outcome would be if you could do it. What other forces could be generated if you did that? It would be like rolling the a set of 50K dice and expecting them all to come up with the number 6. And if they could do that stuff, would they just come by to spy on us or watch us? Who's to say they wouldn't have already squashed other civilizations on accident by collapsing space on there way here? Do you see?

But one thing you do realize, even though nothing is ever impossible so they say, you realize how close to impossible it really is, for Aliens to travel through far reaches of space. The odds are so against it that it's not even funny. The odds are much much higher that people who swear the truth to have had an encounter, that it was their own mind creating that experience.

Just for the record I've neither seen, nor do I believe that Earth has been visited by, aliens. I was just posting a video on theoretic possibilities in regards to space travel. But, to think that it is impossible is short sighted IMO. Just look at things that 20, 50 or 100 years ago were thought impossible but are now a reality. Now consider an alien civilization 1 million years more advanced than ours. Their technological capabilities would be inconceivable to us. As was stated at the end of the video, we lead but a primitive existence in relation to the 3 type civilization model.

footstepsfrom#27
05-25-2009, 01:27 AM
You hear about people that think this way but when you actually come across one who is telling you this face to face with all sincerity, it kinda gives you the creeps. You realize, there are some pretty weird people out there.
I usually use the worm hole to pay a visit home. ;D

LordHelmchen
05-25-2009, 01:44 AM
Here's what's wrong this whole picture. Let's assume these aliens are very advanced in their technology compared to ours. Okay, we'll give them that. But even though we (humans) are not advanced enough for long space travel, we do know for a fact that it's almost impossible to do. Some scientists argue that it's not possible at all.

We've searched the skies for our closest neighbors and discovered many many galaxies. All those galaxies have a central star, thus keeping those planets in orbit, creating a galaxy. In all of those galaxies, you have a very small zone that a planet must be in to sustain life. If it's too close to the star, it's too hot for life, if it's too far away, it's too cold for life. Actually, a planet even has to be of a certain size to sustain life. And lastly, it actually has to spin on an axis, such as earth does. Of all the closest galaxies, only a few of them have planets in this so called "life zone" and those planets were on the very edges of those zones, unlike earth, which sits right smack in the middle of this "life zone". The spin is important, it's how gravity is created. If it spins too fast, life could not flourish, it would stay in pretty much a single celled state. If it doesn't spin fast enough, there would be no gravity. You could say, within hundreds of close by studied galaxies featuring many many planets, only earth really has all those ingredients to support life.

I think you are confusing solar/planetary systems and galaxies ;)

Hulamau
05-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Are you a Republican?

Just askin What was your so called experience?

:rofl:

BroncoMan4ever
05-25-2009, 02:22 AM
how is that guy so out there in your thinking. look at the universe, ever expanding millions of galaxies with millions of other planets, and it is weird to think earth is the only planet with life?

there is a lot of strange **** in the world, and while i am not as paranoid as some of the people discussed in this thread, i do believe in alien beings, and the possibility of abduction.

basically i keep an open mind. too many stories and accounts of people who have supposedly had interaction with aliens to just disregard it all.

gyldenlove
05-25-2009, 06:59 AM

Nobody could think of a see-through wire? I can see how that is a big leap of faith.

Broncos4tw
05-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Roswell imo, most certainly happened. That is, whatever they found was not from around here. There is a ton of evidence to suggest this is the case. Could we have back-engineered stuff from this crash? Possibly. But I'd guess it would take a lot longer to do so than people think.

Colonel Corso's book talks all about it, but I think he is a fraud and a liar.

If you want the real-deal about Roswell, read Crash at Corona. This was written by Stanton Friedman, who is imo, the most solid ufo researcher out there. He is a nuclear physicist who has worked at the top companies, working on many secret projects, and does NOT believe just any ufo story that rolls along. He approaches it analytically, and carefully. He is the one who "discovered" Roswell from witnesses he talked to, and spent 10 years researching it, and finally wrote a book about it.

If you read that book, you may well change your mind about Roswell, and then in turn, about ufos in general.

Conklin
05-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Are you a Republican? Just askin

What was your so called experience?

i've had no experience, i was just yankin your chain to get an extra reaction outta ya

Kaylore
05-25-2009, 08:44 AM
I love that people think aliens would travel all the way here to steal our cow testicles and stick prods in our butts. I also love that they are so powerful and capable of doing what they want with us they feel the need to hide and that the government doesn't want us to know because...us knowing would be really bad...for some reason.

JCMElway
05-25-2009, 08:44 AM
That's it Conk, I'm voting you out next round.

TheReverend
05-25-2009, 08:45 AM
I love that people think aliens would travel all the way here to steal our cow testicles and stick prods in our butts. I also love that they are so powerful and capable of doing what they want with us they feel the need to hide and that the government doesn't want us to know because...us knowing would be really bad...for some reason.

Maybe it's a reality show and they just have awesome senses of humor

Spider
05-25-2009, 08:48 AM
I have been to Roswell several times , something did crash there ....But if Aliens were real what would that do to our religious structure ?

Jason in LA
05-25-2009, 09:08 AM

At some point we may have the capabilities to fly to some far off planet that has life. If that ever becomes possible, I'm pretty sure NASA would send up a scientist who would abduct a living being from that way off planet, and have that scientist stick a prod up its butt. What else are they going to do?

I'm just saying.... ;D

gyldenlove
05-25-2009, 09:10 AM

This is pretty much my sentiment too. If you have the technology to build a small craft that traverse interstellar space while supporting life, then why the hell did you...

1. Crash at Roswell, if they have come this far you would think they would know how to keep the damn thing flying.

2. Just take some of our best and brightest and interrogate them or hack into our databases. There is no need to do anal probing, unless they come from a planet that is pandemic with colon cancer.

3. Not invade and make us slaves or have friendly first contact.

4. Not send a rescue vehicle, like the Interstellar AAA.

TheReverend
05-25-2009, 09:37 AM
This is pretty much my sentiment too. If you have the technology to build a small craft that traverse interstellar space while supporting life, then why the hell did you...

1. Crash at Roswell, if they have come this far you would think they would know how to keep the damn thing flying.

2. Just take some of our best and brightest and interrogate them or hack into our databases. There is no need to do anal probing, unless they come from a planet that is pandemic with colon cancer.

Agree with all of your points, but just for fun:

1. I still trip when I walk sometimes.

2. Usually the anal probing abductions come from the most credible of rednecks...

3. May have happened.

4. I'm not driving to Wisconsin just because a friends truck broke down.

hades
05-25-2009, 09:46 AM
This one time, at band camp....

Archer81
05-25-2009, 09:46 AM
No, of course mankind cant figure out fiberoptics or stealth or create fusion...we MUST have stolen it from crashed flying saucers...

:Broncos:

TheReverend
05-25-2009, 09:47 AM
No, of course mankind cant figure out fiberoptics or stealth or create fusion...we MUST have stolen it from crashed flying saucers...

I think people who are too stupid to actually understand the concepts behind these things are the ones that buy into stuff like this so easily.

Archer81
05-25-2009, 09:57 AM
I think people who are too stupid to actually understand the concepts behind these things are the ones that buy into stuff like this so easily.

True. Do aliens exist? Maybe. I dont know and more then that I dont give a ****. Why would they come here? We have problems with white, black, brown and yellow, if they are purple they are ****ED.

TheReverend
05-25-2009, 10:00 AM
True. Do aliens exist? Maybe. I dont know and more then that I dont give a ****. Why would they come here? We have problems with white, black, brown and yellow, if they are purple they are ****ED.

Expansion, raw materials, simply exploration, a sense of benevolence/malevolence... There's probably a thousand reasons they would come here. There question is do they even exist and if so, have they?

Archer81
05-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Expansion, raw materials, simply exploration, a sense of benevolence/malevolence... There's probably a thousand reasons they would come here. There question is do they even exist and if so, have they?

Or maybe when Mars died some martians settled here, others went to alpha centuari, and our long lost brothers have come to take us home...

bombquixote
05-25-2009, 10:12 AM

These aliens, we'll know them by their chest implants, glam rock hair and Spanish accents. Hide your daughters.

Spider
05-25-2009, 10:12 AM
do you think they have truckers on Alpha Centuari ?

Gort
05-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Childs: I just cannot believe any of this voodoo bull****.
Palmer: Childs, it happens all the time, man. They're falling out of the sky like flies. Government knows all about it, right, Mac?
Childs: You believe any of this voodoo bull****, Blair?
Palmer: Childs, Childs... Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America. I mean, they taught the Incas everything they know.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouZkkIsLiNg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouZkkIsLiNg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DBroncos4life
05-25-2009, 10:48 AM

Even if they are that much more advanced why would it be so hard to believe a being human or non human couldn't have something go wrong and they crash. Roswell isn't even the first crash landing. They have reports of crashes back to 1897 in Texas. Then there are the others in other countries.

gyldenlove
05-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Agree with all of your points, but just for fun:

1. I still trip when I walk sometimes.

2. Usually the anal probing abductions come from the most credible of rednecks...

3. May have happened.

4. I'm not driving to Wisconsin just because a friends truck broke down.

1. But you don't walk to another star system, and I am sure they didn't bring alcohol on an interstellar mission, that is just asking for problems.

2. Good point, I guess anal probing could just be for the heck of it, I would do it.

3. I doubt it.

4. I am sure AAA would drive to Wisconsin if your friends truck broke down. After all we do send people in to recover bodies after military actions.

OABB
05-25-2009, 10:58 AM
My uncle always said anal probings were for science too....

TheReverend
05-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Even if they are that much more advanced why would it be so hard to believe a being human or non human couldn't have something go wrong and they crash. Roswell isn't even the first crash landing. They have reports of crashes back to 1897 in Texas. Then there are the others in other countries.

There's an awesome episode of UFO Hunters called Alien Relics (think it's available free on demand, check it out), where some dude found a piece of a crash in 1885 or something, and they had the metal alloy analyzed and it came out be a perfect blend of aluminum, iron, silver, and some other metals to be perfectly super conductive. It's a better alloy than we even use to this day.

Really interesting show.

TheReverend
05-25-2009, 11:03 AM
1. But you don't walk to another star system, and I am sure they didn't bring alcohol on an interstellar mission, that is just asking for problems.

2. Good point, I guess anal probing could just be for the heck of it, I would do it.

3. I doubt it.

4. I am sure AAA would drive to Wisconsin if your friends truck broke down. After all we do send people in to recover bodies after military actions.

Personally, I think all of the UFO sightings are advanced projects from military complex.

There was a crash in Kecksburg PA a longgggggg time ago. People said the craft was bell shaped with symbols all over the bottom of it.

Interestingly enough, the Nazis were trying to make space-craft and had one called "the bell", that even had strange symbols on the bottom of it. The german scientist that built it received amnesty by the US after the war and was actually the head of NASA when this "bell shaped" craft crashed in Kecksburg.

Who knows what the hell they're up to. And, of course, Nazi scientists did credit remote contact with aliens for their advanced technology.

Really, it's just a strange world.

DBroncos4life
05-25-2009, 11:16 AM
There's an awesome episode of UFO Hunters called Alien Relics (think it's available free on demand, check it out), where some dude found a piece of a crash in 1885 or something, and they had the metal alloy analyzed and it came out be a perfect blend of aluminum, iron, silver, and some other metals to be perfectly super conductive. It's a better alloy than we even use to this day.

Really interesting show.

There is a pretty good one about a ship that crashed somewhere on the east coast and how if you cut down the trees the growth rings around the time of the crash are all messed up in every tree around that area. The craft was radioactive. I know this crash was before Roswell. Alien or not whatever crashed was years ahead of its time.

gyldenlove
05-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Personally, I think all of the UFO sightings are advanced projects from military complex.

There was a crash in Kecksburg PA a longgggggg time ago. People said the craft was bell shaped with symbols all over the bottom of it.

Interestingly enough, the Nazis were trying to make space-craft and had one called "the bell", that even had strange symbols on the bottom of it. The german scientist that built it received amnesty by the US after the war and was actually the head of NASA when this "bell shaped" craft crashed in Kecksburg.

Who knows what the hell they're up to. And, of course, Nazi scientists did credit remote contact with aliens for their advanced technology.

Really, it's just a strange world.

I agree there, a lot of the more substantial sightings can be attributed to experimental crafts.

There are so many phenomena that can looks suspecious from the ground because it is almost impossible to gauge size, speed and distance when looking into the sky. The sightings made by pilots in the air are harder to explain, and some sightings are just very tricky to get around.

STBumpkin
05-25-2009, 05:13 PM
And lastly, it actually has to spin on an axis, such as earth does. Of all the closest galaxies, only a few of them have planets in this so called "life zone" and those planets were on the very edges of those zones, unlike earth, which sits right smack in the middle of this "life zone". The spin is important, it's how gravity is created. If it spins too fast, life could not flourish, it would stay in pretty much a single celled state. If it doesn't spin fast enough, there would be no gravity. You could say, within hundreds of close by studied galaxies featuring many many planets, only earth really has all those ingredients to support life.

Physics Fail
Gravity is not caused by spinning. Gravity is caused by mass. Everything with mass exerts a gravitational pull, including you. The reason a planet is assumed to need to spin, is because that is what creates days. If it doesn't spin, the 'day' side gets too hot and the 'night' side gets too cold. So long as it has an atmosphere though, the jet stream/coriolis effect would help to even out the temperature differential (though the night and day sides would still be pretty different temperature wise). So about this rant, but I thougt this needed correction.

Bob's your Information Minister
05-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Ancient Astronauts give me pause.

I'm reading an interesting book right now called "Gods of Eden" that theorizes that extraterrestrials have been engineering conflict on earth for centuries to keep mankind occupied...blinded to the truth...

Paladin
05-25-2009, 05:23 PM

Got married, huh?

Aliens can move faster around the universe because they know where the worm holes are.........

There are, indeed, a lot of "funny" people out there.....

Kid A
05-25-2009, 05:34 PM

That goes back all the way to some people explaining the Egyptian pyramids were built my extraterrestrials. It isn't immediately obvious to their small minds how humans could have done it, so they jump to one of the least likely answers possible. It kind of that inner arrogance: if my human mind can't grasp how it was done, no human mind could! Plus it provides a simple answer to inventions with long, complicated histories.

Kid A
05-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Ancient Astronauts give me pause.

I'm reading an interesting book right now called "Gods of Eden" that theorizes that extraterrestrials have been engineering conflict on earth for centuries to keep mankind occupied...blinded to the truth...

I think we humans can manage that pretty well on our own without any assistance. It's what we do best.

05-25-2009, 05:49 PM
I think we humans can manage that pretty well on our own without any assistance. It's what we do best.

Yeah, but, ever wonder why?

Every wonder why suddenly the human race started speaking different languages at Babel? Split us up pretty good...

ZONA
05-25-2009, 06:03 PM
This is the "life zone" I was refering to above. I greatly believe this to be a very important reason why I think it takes the "IDEAL" planet to sustain "Complex or Advanced Life", not just some single celled organisms that can live under extreme conditions.

The habitable zone (HZ) in astronomy is a region of space where stellar conditions are favorable for life as it is found on Earth. There are two regions that must be favorable, one within a planetary system and the other within the galaxy. Planets and moons in these regions are the likeliest candidates to be habitable and thus capable of bearing extraterrestrial life similar to our own.

The habitable zone is not to be confused with the planetary habitability. While planetary habitability deals solely with the planetary conditions required to maintain carbon-based life, the habitable zone deals with the stellar conditions required to maintain carbon-based life, and these two factors are not meant to be juxtaposed.

Astronomers believe that life is most likely to form within the circumstellar habitable zone (CHZ) within a solar system, and the galactic habitable zone (GHZ) of the larger galaxy (though research on the latter point remains in its infancy). The HZ may also be referred to as the "life zone", "Comfort Zone", "Green Belt" or "Goldilocks Zone" (because it's neither too hot nor too cold, but "just right").

In our own solar system, the CHZ is thought to extend from a distance of 0.95 to 1.37 astronomical units.

Gliese 581 d, the outermost of the four planets of the red dwarf star Gliese 581 (approximately 20 light years distance from Earth), appears to be the best example which has been found so far of an extrasolar planet which orbits in the theoretical habitable zone of space surrounding its star.[1]

Circumstellar habitable zone

A range of theoretical habitable zones with stars of different mass (our solar system at center). Not to scale.

Within a planetary system, it is believed a planet must lie within the habitable zone in order to sustain life. The circumstellar habitable zone (or ecosphere) is a notional spherical shell of space surrounding stars where the surface temperatures of any planets present might maintain liquid water. Liquid water is believed to be vital for life because of its role as the solvent needed for biochemical reactions. Water was chosen as the desirable solvent for life because it is the solvent for carbon-based life, or life on Earth.

The distance from a star where this can take place is assumed to be centered where the star's brightness is equal to that of the Sun at 1 AU. It can be calculated from star size and luminosity. The CHZ of a particular star is "centered" on a distance determined by the equation:

d_{AU} = \sqrt {L_{star}/L_{sun}}

where

d_{AU} \, is the mean radius of the HZ in astronomical units,
L_{star} \, is the bolometric luminosity of the star, and
L_{sun} \, is the bolometric luminosity of the Sun.

The inner and outer edges of the zone are assumed to be at 95% and 137% of this distance, respectively.

For example, a star with 25% the luminosity of the Sun will have a CHZ centered at about 0.50 AU and a star twice the Sun's luminosity will have a CHZ centered at about 1.4 AU. This is a consequence of the inverse square law of luminous intensity. The "center" of the HZ is defined as the distance that an exoplanet would have to be from its parent star to receive the right amount of energy from the star to maintain liquid water.

Galactic habitable zone

The location of a planetary system within a galaxy must also be favorable to the development of life, and this has led to the concept of a galactic habitable zone (GHZ),[2] although the concept has recently been challenged.[3]

To harbor life, a system must be close enough to the galactic center that a sufficiently high level of heavy elements exist to favor the formation of rocky, or terrestrial, planets, which are needed to support life (see: planetary habitability). Heavier elements also need to be present, as they are the basis of the complex molecules of life. While any specific example of a heavier element may not be necessary for all life, heavier elements in general become increasingly necessary for complex life on Earth (both as complex molecules and as sources of energy)[4]. It's assumed they would also be necessary for simpler and especially more complex life on other planets.

On the other hand, the planetary system must be far enough from the galactic center that it would not be affected by dangerous high-frequency radiation, which would cause damage and harmful alterations to the DNA of any carbon-based life. Also, most of the stars in the galactic center are old, unstable, dying stars, meaning that few or no stars form in the galactic center[5][citation needed]. Because terrestrial planets form from the same types of nebulae as stars, it can be reasoned that if stars cannot form in the galactic center, then terrestrial planets cannot, either.

In our galaxy (the Milky Way), the GHZ is currently believed to be a slowly expanding region approximately 25,000 light years (8 kiloparsecs) from the galactic core, containing stars roughly 4 billion to 8 billion years old. Other galaxies differ in their compositions, and may have a larger or smaller GHZ – or none at all (see: elliptical galaxy).

Carbon-based life

Although astronomers are often criticized for assuming that all life is like life on Earth, or carbon-based life, and that all life has the same needs as carbon-based life, there is no other type of life of which humans have so precise an understanding. While astronomers understand this, there are 100 billion stars in the galaxy[6] and it would take millennia to image every star for planets, and even longer if scientists tried to send a radio signal to every planet in every extrasolar system. So by assuming that extraterrestrial life is carbon-based, scientists who are in SETI can greatly narrow down the number of star systems in which they believe life is plausible.

http://www.ipod.org.uk/reality/reality_habitable_zone.gif

Hotwheelz
05-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah, but, ever wonder why?

Every wonder why suddenly the human race started speaking different languages at Babel? Split us up pretty good...

Ever wonder why you are retarded?

Broncos4tw
05-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Probes and stealing cow testicles? I guess if you buy into the tabloids. The reality is that they first appeared around the time of our first nuclear tests. In fact, Roswell was very close to the first test site, and it was not long after the first test that Roswell occurred. They've also been sighted over many military installations / nuclear missile sights. They have been said to disable missiles, and even disrupt test flights of missiles (both of those events being reported by multiple military personnel).

What would WE do if we visited another planet? Well akin to Star Trek, I'd imagine we'd have a non-involvement policy (although, Kirk never did really adhere to that, but the later Captains did ;D ). I'd guess if they were at the cusp of developing technologies that would allow them to get out of their galactic back yard so to speak, that we'd indeed monitor their war tendencies, weapons systems, and our ability to disable, disarm, or destroy them, in case the need arose. I'd guess we'd do a lot of observations, take samples as we could, and so on.

So, pretty much what UFO visitors are reported to have been doing on our planet.

As far as it being military: No, I don't think so. Many sightings are of crafts that are so large, yet silent, I can't fathom we could produce them. And they are seen, sometimes for hours, over major cities. For example, a huge triangular craft seen from county to county in Illinois, early in the morning. It was reported to the police (they had the recording... they were laughing and amused), until a police finally saw it. They tracked it for hours across several counties. It was seen by four different police stations, and many civilians as well. Now, if we had technology this amazing, would be flying it over major cities? I don't think so. There is a reason test planes are flown in the middle of the desert, protected by huge zones of military owned land.

Bob White's object was pretty amazing. Saw it fall from a UFO he saw in fact, here in Colorado (near Grand Junction). It has been analyzed for many years by several reputable institutions. Most in the science community (until recently) have always considered speaking out about ufos as if they were real, could well be career suicide. Not so much any longer. Two scientists (a materials specialist and a physicist I believe) gave a report that it had pretty much a 0% chance of occurring naturally (it was manufactured), and that we don't have any processes known to man to make this object. It had other odd properties as well. For example, the hotel they were staying in enroute to taking it to a lab, for 3 nights, killed the lock on the electronic safe. They had to drill into it 3 days in a row. Left on dental-type film, it created marks via magentics or some-such. It's a really baffling object.

oubronco
05-26-2009, 02:37 PM

I would guess to give you that hairdo

bronclvr
05-26-2009, 02:58 PM
we'll know them by their chest implants

wait........Chest Implants? I need to see the pictures......stat!

Bronx33
05-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Aliens also brought us ( smores )

TheReverend
05-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Probes and stealing cow testicles? I guess if you buy into the tabloids. The reality is that they first appeared around the time of our first nuclear tests. In fact, Roswell was very close to the first test site, and it was not long after the first test that Roswell occurred. They've also been sighted over many military installations / nuclear missile sights. They have been said to disable missiles, and even disrupt test flights of missiles (both of those events being reported by multiple military personnel).

What would WE do if we visited another planet? Well akin to Star Trek, I'd imagine we'd have a non-involvement policy (although, Kirk never did really adhere to that, but the later Captains did ;D ). I'd guess if they were at the cusp of developing technologies that would allow them to get out of their galactic back yard so to speak, that we'd indeed monitor their war tendencies, weapons systems, and our ability to disable, disarm, or destroy them, in case the need arose. I'd guess we'd do a lot of observations, take samples as we could, and so on.

So, pretty much what UFO visitors are reported to have been doing on our planet.

As far as it being military: No, I don't think so. Many sightings are of crafts that are so large, yet silent, I can't fathom we could produce them. And they are seen, sometimes for hours, over major cities. For example, a huge triangular craft seen from county to county in Illinois, early in the morning. It was reported to the police (they had the recording... they were laughing and amused), until a police finally saw it. They tracked it for hours across several counties. It was seen by four different police stations, and many civilians as well. Now, if we had technology this amazing, would be flying it over major cities? I don't think so. There is a reason test planes are flown in the middle of the desert, protected by huge zones of military owned land.

Check sat images of new Area 51 hangar... HUGE. Speculated the giant triangle UFOs are precisely what's inside

Bob White's object was pretty amazing. Saw it fall from a UFO he saw in fact, here in Colorado (near Grand Junction). It has been analyzed for many years by several reputable institutions. Most in the science community (until recently) have always considered speaking out about ufos as if they were real, could well be career suicide. Not so much any longer. Two scientists (a materials specialist and a physicist I believe) gave a report that it had pretty much a 0% chance of occurring naturally (it was manufactured), and that we don't have any processes known to man to make this object. It had other odd properties as well. For example, the hotel they were staying in enroute to taking it to a lab, for 3 nights, killed the lock on the electronic safe. They had to drill into it 3 days in a row. Left on dental-type film, it created marks via magentics or some-such. It's a really baffling object.

This is the same object I mentioned earlier in thread.

Thinking you watch UFO hunters too? All of this has been covered in that show, and it all does add up to being advanced man-made technology. Though some things are certainly questionable.

bombquixote
05-26-2009, 04:27 PM
wait........Chest Implants? I need to see the pictures......stat!

Contrary to speculation that Montalbán used a prosthetic chest, no artificial devices were added to Montalbán's muscular physique. -WIKIPEDIA

My bad. He's all natural!

05-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Oh that's garbage. Shatner confirmed those were fake pecs in his book.

bombquixote
05-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Oh that's garbage. Shatner confirmed those were fake pecs in his book.

Shatner was just jealous.

05-26-2009, 04:35 PM
There are PICTURES of Montalban having his fake pecs touched up.

Also, as for my book...there's a lot of very intriguing stuff about Jesus "virgin" birth and how it could easily have been artificial insemination by aliens. Especially when you consider the Apocrypha (a portion of the bible deleted at the Council of Nicea) and it's references to how Mary was created (also a "virgin" birth).

And the book of Revelation...hoo boy, in my mind there's no question John got hopped up on space drugs by some ETs wearing white jumpsuits and gold boots.

bombquixote
05-26-2009, 08:04 PM

Riiiiiight. Next you'll tell me his hair wasn't real either.

ZONA
05-26-2009, 08:57 PM
The reality is that they first appeared around the time of our first nuclear tests. The reality is that there is no proof they have appeared so until you come up with something concrete, I wouldn't use that word reality.

What would WE do if we visited another planet? I'd guess if they were at the cusp of developing technologies that would allow them to get out of their galactic back yard so to speak, that we'd indeed monitor their war tendencies, weapons systems, and our ability to disable, disarm, or destroy them, in case the need arose.
Really? That would be like us keeping on eye on the chimps just to make sure whatever new clubs they are making are not going to be dangerous to mankind. Gimme a break already. If they were so advanced to alter space, collapse stars and entire galaxies, or create their own worm holes and travel millions of lights years in a short period of time, you really think they are fretting over some scud missile's?

Many sightings are of crafts that are so large, yet silent, I can't fathom we could produce them. That's okay, there are still people who can't fathom that we have actually been to the moon.

Bronx33
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Ever wonder why you are retarded?

Nothing slows down bob..

OABB
05-26-2009, 10:38 PM

Also, as for my book...there's a lot of very intriguing stuff about Jesus "virgin" birth and how it could easily have been artificial insemination by aliens. Especially when you consider the Apocrypha (a portion of the bible deleted at the Council of Nicea) and it's references to how Mary was created (also a "virgin" birth).

And the book of Revelation...hoo boy, in my mind there's no question John got hopped up on space drugs by some ETs wearing white jumpsuits and gold boots.

you are just hoping there is a cool kind of virgin....

sorry, ****hole, it's still fat, obnoxious a-holes that rag on dying peple that never get laid.