PDA

View Full Version : How Big is your TV - Holy BeJeebus!

cmhargrove
05-23-2009, 10:00 AM
The Cowboys unveiled their new video board in the billion dollar Jones-mahall this week. After all the talk, here it is...

Just a reminder, this 1080p screen stretches from toe 20 yard line to the 20 yard line. Anyone want a $40 million dollar TV?

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dallasnews/hp/index.html?nvid=364036

Punisher
05-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Holy ****!

BABronco
05-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Holy ****!

You took the words right out of my mouth.

footstepsfrom#27
05-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Well you know how technology is...by next month it'll only be $20 million. ;D

ak1971
05-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Well you know how technology is...by next month it'll only be $20 million. ;D

should be able to pick one up at the Circuit City liquidation

boltaneer
05-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Hopefully they built that stadium much stronger than their practice facilities. If that thing falls, game over.

Los Broncos
05-23-2009, 11:25 AM
The unit in my room is 34 inches, not even close.

slyinky
05-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Hopefully they built that stadium much stronger than their practice facilities. If that thing falls, game over.
In that case, hopefully they build one in San Diego too. :~ohyah!:

footstepsfrom#27
05-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Jones must be over compensating for something small...certainly it's not his ego.

elsid13
05-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Does anyone think that only 90 feet from the floor isn't high enough?

BroncosinDC
05-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Does anyone think that only 90 feet from the floor isn't high enough?

I think if someone punts the ball into it, it will be one of the most entertaining things of the season. I'll offer a $1 Million bounty on the screen.

footstepsfrom#27
05-23-2009, 01:37 PM
I think if someone punts the ball into it, it will be one of the most entertaining things of the season. I'll offer a $1 Million bounty on the screen.
Think BB Gun. :wiggle:

DomCasual
05-23-2009, 01:45 PM
http://pelletbbguns.com/images/3040%20folding%20slingshot.jpg

lazarus4444
05-23-2009, 02:58 PM
^^lmao at the sling shot!

ak1971
05-23-2009, 02:59 PM
The unit in my room is 34 inches, not even close.

do we always have to end up talking about someones unit

Spider
05-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Shipping that thing must have been a severe pain the ass .......They had to have assembled there at the stadium , but the parts have to be huge and fragile ........

Sodak
05-23-2009, 03:23 PM
The screen is cool, but too big. I like the replays at the stadium.

But, if I wanted to watch TV i'd stay at home. My 61" looks bigger if you sit real close....

Hulamau
05-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Tjesus, no one at the stadium is ever gonna what the game on the field!

They'll be lip-reading the opposing QB on every play!

Sodak
05-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Too big, too close to the ground.

DeuceOfClub
05-23-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm sure most of you will have a bigger TV if you only have to pay for half of it.
(And probably will get a large rebate as soon as you sell your house naming rights, if you can)

Broncoman13
05-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Hmmm, I wonder how bad of a "tanning burn" the people below that screen are going to get???

Los Broncos
05-23-2009, 06:03 PM
do we always have to end up talking about someones unit

Haha, after the fact I really thought about, it just doesn't sound right Hilarious!

Kid A
05-23-2009, 06:11 PM
That would be sweet for replays, but I have to wonder if that wouldn't be somewhat distracting during the actual play. You'll have the 20 million light screen blasting the play in your face (on a 1-2 second delay) while you try to make out what's happening on the actual field.

Probably not a big deal, but I'm not sure there is a precedent for 1) a screen that big or 2) a football stadium with the video board hovering over the field as opposed to being above the endzone seating. The UT Longhorns have a massive screen, but it isn't in your line of vision if you actually watch the field.

BroncoBuff
05-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Me and Dortoh have the same TV ... a 46" Samsung.

At least Jerry Jones can keep his ego on this side of Ted Turner's. Turner named his latest stadium after himself.

boltaneer
05-23-2009, 06:23 PM
That would be sweet for replays, but I have to wonder if that wouldn't be somewhat distracting during the actual play. You'll have the 20 million light screen blasting the play in your face (on a 1-2 second delay) while you try to make out what's happening on the actual field.

Probably not a big deal, but I'm not sure there is a precedent for 1) a screen that big or 2) a football stadium with the video board hovering over the field as opposed to being above the endzone seating. The UT Longhorns have a massive screen, but it isn't in your line of vision if you actually watch the field.

I agree with a lot of the comments above. It looks like it would be very distracting and too tempting to look at instead of the game. In that case, why not just stay home, save a crapload of money and watch it on a nice HDTV?

And one of the first things that crossed my mind when watching that video was that, it sure does look too low for punts. Maybe it was a deceptive angle on that video? Surely, they have to be aware of something like this.

Bob's your Information Minister
05-23-2009, 06:26 PM
This reminds me a little of the Tower of Babel.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Play Madden with that stupid GD static overlay scoreboard for a few hours on it.

Arkie
05-23-2009, 09:17 PM
The endzone plazas will be badass!

One of the more dramatic features at the new stadium will be the end zone plazas, where arriving fans will be met by ground-breaking retractable end zone doors. That's right, not only will the stadium have a retractable roof, but also the world’s largest retractable doors. The broad openings where fans can gain entrance into the stadium will allow them to see what's going on inside the stadium from the expansive outdoor plazas.

Each end zone door will consist of a five-leaf, clear retractable opening measuring 120-feet high and 180 feet wide. The 38-foot panels take only 18 minutes to open or close. By using clear glass for the door panels, spectators experience panoramic vistas from within, and the operability provides air circulation during game-day and non-game-day events.

The plaza and end zone areas will be a place for fans to congregate and socialize before, during and after the games. The experience begins outside the glass retractable doors in the plaza area, where corporate tents and an outdoor tailgating area will be located. Fans will then pass through the retractable glass doors to enter the end zone area inside the stadium, where the field comes into view below them.

The end zone area will allow for seating flexibility ranging from standing-room only to seating, depending on the specific needs for each event. This area features media boards and monitors and will have a festival atmosphere so fans in this area will have a first-class tailgating-style experience.

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/