PDA

View Full Version : Harrison's Pitbull bites his own 2 year old...

Popps
05-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Great week for this douche bag, huh?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11776701

PITTSBURGH -- A pit bull owned by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison bit his 2-year-old son in the thigh, but the boy is expected to recover though he remained hospitalized Friday, the player's agent said.

Harrison's agent, William Parise, told the Associated Press that James III was bitten after his mother let the dog out of its pen Thursday afternoon. Parise wouldn't identify the woman, but said she and Harrison's massage therapist also were hurt trying to help his son. The massage therapist needed three stitches, Parise said.

Parise said Harrison was not home at the time, but was nearby and alerted after the dog attacked. Parise has not spoken to the boy's doctors, but Harrison told the agent his son likely will be hospitalized another day or two.

Parise said the boy's injuries were "serious but certainly not life-threatening. I think any time a child is injured and requires hospitalization, it's a serious thing. I know James was very concerned about his son."

HEAV
05-22-2009, 08:17 PM
footstepsfrom#27
05-22-2009, 08:17 PM
I know James was very concerned about his son"
I think the only reason he's concerned is because it's his son...

Is there a pix of this "massage therapist" that his GF sicked the Pitt on? ;D

Popps
05-22-2009, 08:28 PM
I think the only reason he's concerned is because it's his son...

Is there a pix of this "massage therapist" that his GF sicked the Pitt on? ;D

ROFL!

Yea, is that what they call it now days?

Popps
05-22-2009, 08:29 PM
For real, though... glad the little one is O.K..

I hope this dumb-**** loses the dog, or the police take it away.

\

Hint that you shouldn't have an animal around kids: You have to keep it in a cage.

Kid A
05-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Maybe if it had bitten Harrison, but a child getting seriously hurt is just sad for everyone. Dumb on Harrison's part to have that animal anywhere near a 2-yr old, but I wouldn't wish this kind of thing on any man or his family.

watermock
05-22-2009, 09:37 PM
idiot

Spider
05-22-2009, 09:50 PM
sorry but if that was my son and my dog ........... Dog would be dead ... I dont tolerate that

BABronco
05-22-2009, 09:58 PM
\
Hint that you shouldn't have an animal around kids: You have to keep it in a cage.

lol bs! you just have to have the animal well trained. I grew up around dogs all my life. Been bit twice. Once by my buddies dog and once by my shepherd when i was like 3. It was my fault she was locked in the bathroom with her puppies and i just wanted to play with them at night. She just nipped my face. I had 5 shepherds at any given moment from 1-16.

spdirty
05-22-2009, 10:23 PM
I would never allow a pit bull to be around my kids. Hell there is a Japanese Mastiff at our storage unit and he once showed his teeth when my boy was on my shoulders, I bout killed him just for doing that.

Don't know, pit bull defenders might come out, but I have never felt comfortable around those dogs myself, nevertheless so much as 50 feet from either of my boys.

dbfan4life
05-22-2009, 10:28 PM
There are just some breeds of dogs that I will never trust. Pit bull, Rotty's to name two. That's why I got me a couple of dumb mutts!

Spider
05-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I would never allow a pit bull to be around my kids. Hell there is a Japanese Mastiff at our storage unit and he once showed his teeth when my boy was on my shoulders, I bout killed him just for doing that.

Don't know, pit bull defenders might come out, but I have never felt comfortable around those dogs myself, nevertheless so much as 50 feet from either of my boys.

only parents understand ......... Our babies mean more to us then anything else , if anything is acting hostile twords them , we become a killing machine .....
it just take a split second , we go from nurturing loving people to mad dog killers ........

spdirty
05-22-2009, 10:58 PM
only parents understand ......... Our babies mean more to us then anything else , if anything is acting hostile twords them , we become a killing machine .....
it just take a split second , we go from nurturing loving people to mad dog killers ........

Pray every night to keep em safe, watch em close when they get daring and want to climb shlt, never trust a big animal around em. Maybe I get overprotective, but all it takes is a nightmare or a vision of something terrible and I have to check on em to make sure they are OK.

Harrison, just don't know what he was thinking, but I hope he learns from this obviously traumatic experience. He screwed up, he knows he screwed up, Ive screwed up myself. Dodged a major bullet since his son seems to be OK once out of the hospital. But my kids will never be in that kind of situation. I do want a dog, but they are still too young to know not to screw with one when you aren't suppose to, so that idea will have to wait a year or 2.

TDmvp
05-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Considering my Grandma was basically killed by a pit my cousin brought into her house I think people who keep those dogs are complete morons and if it attacks and kills or maims someone it should be just as if you used a deadly weapon ...

she allowed him to move in and then he gets a pit and refused to get rid of it if it ment taking it to a pound , the week he finally found someone to take the dog it attacks her...

I personally think she or someone in my family should have called the cops when he refused to remove it ... Or just waited for him to leave and take the dog and do whatever with it ... But people are to nice ... She died a few months after this happened from complications.

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060423/NEWS/204230391/1001/NEWS01
http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=OS&Date=20060423&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=204230391&Ref=AR&Profile=1001&MaxW=600&border=0

She was hard of hearing , and my aunt had to yell sometimes for her to hear and my aunt had yelled something a second time , and my grandma yelled back I HEAR YOU (how people who can't hear often yell cause they don't know how loud they are talking) and the pit thought they was fighting and attacked them ... after being complete normal the whole time it was there.
Grandma had just wanted it gone cause it was a Pit and she was scared of it and what all she had heard on tv ....

I guess those rumors are more then just rumors ...

I have had animals all my life . Raised Norwegian Elkhounds at one point and love all animals ...
But having a dog that can kill you or someone else at a drop of a hat is wrong and should be banned or regulated ... and if you mess up and YOUR dog maims someone it should be as if YOU did it ... and charged as such .
YOU made the decision to have the animal ...

spdirty
05-22-2009, 11:16 PM
couldnt agree more TD. And sorry to hear about your loss.

Rausch 2.0
05-22-2009, 11:17 PM
I've seen two Pit's turn on their owners. Once the owner's kid, the other the owner himself.

No reason, no abuse, just did.

Perhaps bad breeding, I don't know, but I don't trust the ****ers...

TDmvp
05-22-2009, 11:19 PM
I've seen two Pit's turn on their owners. Once the owner's kid, the other the owner himself.

No reason, no abuse, just did.

Perhaps bad breeding, I don't know, but I don't trust the ****ers...

/agree ....

And it can happen with any animal ... But it's something else when the animal can kick your @$$ and maybe kill you ...

Popps
05-23-2009, 12:48 AM
/agree ....

And it can happen with any animal ... But it's something else when the animal can kick your @$$ and maybe kill you ...

Agree, and sorry to hear that story, man.

TDmvp
05-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Agree, and sorry to hear that story, man.

thx man ...

Yea it was rough ...

You don't know if you should be mad or sad ...

Don't know if I should hate my 1st cousin , or feel sorry for him for having to live with that...

Totally Fed up ...

Broncos_OTM
05-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Hurry Everyone call for the final soloution on pitbulls. really truely some of you all are idiots.

Never leave your kids alone around animals ... but to never have them around them is stupid. its called socialiation.

Get your Animals Fixed. especialy if you have no intention of breeding.

Popps
05-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Never leave your kids alone around animals ... but to never have them around them is stupid. its called socialiation..

Sounds like the animal got out of its "cage" somehow.
Weird, I've never heard of a beagle needing to be caged around children.

Then again, an improperly socialized beagle is unlikely to rip a kid's face off... or just plain old kill them.

watermock
05-23-2009, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM
Never leave your kids alone around animals ... but to never have them around them is stupid. its called socialiation..

No, it's called stupid. There is a eason they are generally prohibited in reidential areas.

Just taking on the risk of liability should be enough.

Also, people don't know how these animals might behave absent their masters. How often do you hear "He wouldn't do that around me!" Well, guess what, the dog isn't always going to be around you, and can escape, particliarly if motivated to do so.

Cats are 10 times smarter anyway.

'flame away, I could care less. If I had a farm, I'd have a dog, but it wouldn't be a pitbull or Mastiff or German Sheapard.

cutthemdown
05-23-2009, 02:42 AM
No, it's called stupid. There is a eason they are generally prohibited in reidential areas.

Just taking on the risk of liability should be enough.

Also, people don't know how these animals might behave absent their masters. How often do you hear "He wouldn't do that around me!" Well, guess what, the dog isn't always going to be around you, and can escape, particliarly if motivated to do so.

Cats are 10 times smarter anyway.

'flame away, I could care less. If I had a farm, I'd have a dog, but it wouldn't be a pitbull or Mastiff or German Sheapard.

Ever see a seeing eye cat? Or a drug sniffing cat? Ever see a marine go into a mine field to clear mines with an explosive sniffing cat?

Dogs and cats score about the same on problem solving experiments, and in memory type experiments.

I think in many ways they probably are about the same, but the dog IMO wins out because of their ability to do things that cats just can't do.

Now if the cats scored higher on problem solving and memory drills then maybe you could say cats just don't want to search for drugs etc. But the reality is dogs have way more to offer man then does the cat.

What's more important to man, the dog or the cat? I say for sure the dog.

By the way my Jindo could and would happily eat your cats.

MMMMMMM she loves a good cat.

watermock
05-23-2009, 03:11 AM
So what? The conversation was about danger.

I could bring in a big cat and eat a mastiff. so what?

cutthemdown
05-23-2009, 03:57 AM
So what? The conversation was about danger.

I could bring in a big cat and eat a mastiff. so what?

Meh you said cat's are smarter, I said they weren't. For you to focus on me making a flippant comment about my Jindo eating your cat shows what a tard you can be.

watermock
05-23-2009, 04:33 AM
You asshole. **** your jimbo or whaterver it's called.

watermock
05-23-2009, 04:34 AM
BTW, cat's ARE smarter.

cutthemdown
05-23-2009, 05:19 AM
Like I said dogs perform a valuable service to the world. Cats not so much.

Jindo's are amazing animals. The fact you don't know what breed is just an illustration of your ignorance.

The most clean, dignified, loyal, brave dogs on the planet.

My jindo is 10 yrs old and still plucks cats, possums, birds whatever with ease. They have cat like agility and speed and fear no other animal.

She loves cats best of all though. She's looking at me right now, like she knows I'm talking about her.......uh...she says your kitty would taste nummy!!!!

cutthemdown
05-23-2009, 05:20 AM
Name one thing besides companionship that a cat can do for man mock.

The only one I can think of is chasing rodents.

rastaman
05-23-2009, 05:28 AM
Great week for this douche bag, huh?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11776701

PITTSBURGH -- A pit bull owned by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison bit his 2-year-old son in the thigh, but the boy is expected to recover though he remained hospitalized Friday, the player's agent said.

Harrison's agent, William Parise, told the Associated Press that James III was bitten after his mother let the dog out of its pen Thursday afternoon. Parise wouldn't identify the woman, but said she and Harrison's massage therapist also were hurt trying to help his son. The massage therapist needed three stitches, Parise said.

Parise said Harrison was not home at the time, but was nearby and alerted after the dog attacked. Parise has not spoken to the boy's doctors, but Harrison told the agent his son likely will be hospitalized another day or two.

Parise said the boy's injuries were "serious but certainly not life-threatening. I think any time a child is injured and requires hospitalization, it's a serious thing. I know James was very concerned about his son."

Gee Whiz Popps, kids are bitten by dogs every year! Whats the big deal. You are only targeting Harrison b/c he's an NFL athlete.

Simply put.......Responsible parents/owners dogs bite children all the time.

Los Broncos
05-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Why in the hell would you have a dog like around a child?

Why not just buy an ape to have around the house.

Spider
05-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Meh you said cat's are smarter, I said they weren't. For you to focus on me making a flippant comment about my Jindo eating your cat shows what a tard you can be.

I seen 2 Rotties go down vs a Mountain Lion in Coal Creek Canton Colorado ( off of Highway 72) well i didnt actually see the fight , just the after math ...I was dating a fat chick that lived up there ......
;D One time I was living in Platteville Colorado , off of highway 66 , my Home had a few rattle snakes in it , grab a pair of welders gloves , threw them wild ass farm cats in there .. and I saw only 1 dead rattler , no dead cats ;D
you get a cat the same size as a dog , the dog is toast .........

footstepsfrom#27
05-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Name one thing besides companionship that a cat can do for man mock.

The only one I can think of is chasing rodents.
How 'bout this? http://video.yahoo.com/network/100284668?v=5102912&l=3774740

Rohirrim
05-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Pits should be exterminated.

BABronco
05-23-2009, 09:01 AM

:spit:

BABronco
05-23-2009, 09:02 AM
The best dog we ever had was a rot shepherd mix.

kupesdad
05-23-2009, 10:00 AM
The best dog we ever had was a rot shepherd mix.

Labradors are responsible for more attacks than any other breed

Popps
05-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Gee Whiz Popps, kids are bitten by dogs every year! Whats the big deal. You are only targeting Harrison b/c he's an NFL athlete.

Simply put.......Responsible parents/owners dogs bite children all the time.

"Targeting?"

Did I write the article?

Tell you what, a "responsible" pet owner wouldn't have an animal that needed to be in a ****ing cage around a two year old.

He's an idiot, as are most people... and idiots can't handle wild animals, which is basically what you call it when it needs to be kept caged.

The end result? The innocent 2 year old is lucky to be alive, has been traumatized and will spend several days in the hospital.

Rohirrim
05-23-2009, 10:15 AM

#1. There are probably more labs than any other breed out there.

#2. A "bite" is not the same as a pit bull "attack." Cocker Spaniels probably bite more than any other dog. What they won't do rip off chunks of flesh until you're dead or not let go of a kill bite unless you saw off their head. Pit Bulls were bred for one purpose: To fight to the death. The breed should be exterminated.

Los Broncos
05-23-2009, 10:16 AM
"Targeting?"

Did I write the article?

Tell you what, a "responsible" pet owner wouldn't have an animal that needed to be in a ****ing cage around a two year old.

He's an idiot, as are most people... and idiots can't handle wild animals, which is basically what you call it when it needs to be kept caged.

The end result? The innocent 2 year old is lucky to be alive, has been traumatized and will spend several days in the hospital.

And the people who think having an ape or whatever are pretty stupid.

There are 6 times stronger than a man and would crush you like an apple.

~Crash~
05-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Pits should be exterminated .

horse **** people that abuse animal should be exterminated very few bites are not from abuse in that kids are cruel to dogs or owners teaching bad habits that cannot be untaught . All dogs will bite with bad habits the diffence is pits leave bad things behind that is the difference not the breed . all dogs are the same to that point , of biting but I can see a point that people just dont get dog's so I can see not owning a pit as a family dog . the reason is simple you are going to have kids bring kids home and like I said kids are cruel and sooner or later a kid is going to do something stoopid and get bit.

Bronx33
05-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Why do these guys continue to think it's soooooooo cool to have pitbulls and 9 times out of 10 have no clue how to treat or handle these types of dogs it's a owner labito dog nothing more.

cutthemdown
05-23-2009, 10:45 AM

Yeah I did mention cats are funny.

kupesdad
05-23-2009, 10:50 AM
#1. There are probably more labs than any other breed out there.

#2. A "bite" is not the same as a pit bull "attack." Cocker Spaniels probably bite more than any other dog. What they won't do rip off chunks of flesh until you're dead or not let go of a kill bite unless you saw off their head. Pit Bulls were bred for one purpose: To fight to the death. The breed should be exterminated.

You could be right about the number of labs vs pits. I still think it's the owner's responsibility to control and train their animal. Not exterminate a whole breed because of a few idiots. I have 3 dogs of different breeds and as much as I love them if they ever went after someone they would have to go.

Popps
05-23-2009, 10:57 AM
horse **** people that abuse animal should be exterminated very few bites are not from abuse in that kids are cruel to dogs or owners teaching bad habits that cannot be untaught . All dogs will bite with bad habits the diffence is pits leave bad things behind that is the difference not the breed . .

:rofl:

Yea, I read a lot about abused Irish Setters attacking and killing their own owners.

Great point.

Popps
05-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Why do these guys continue to think it's soooooooo cool to have pitbulls and 9 times out of 10 have no clue how to treat or handle these types of dogs it's a owner labito dog nothing more.

Again, if we have a known set of circumstances...

-Most people are idiots

The logic behind giving those idiots a loaded weapon like a Pit Bull is anyone's guess.

Spider
05-23-2009, 11:40 AM
horse **** people that abuse animal should be exterminated very few bites are not from abuse in that kids are cruel to dogs or owners teaching bad habits that cannot be untaught . All dogs will bite with bad habits the diffence is pits leave bad things behind that is the difference not the breed . all dogs are the same to that point , of biting but I can see a point that people just dont get dog's so I can see not owning a pit as a family dog . the reason is simple you are going to have kids bring kids home and like I said kids are cruel and sooner or later a kid is going to do something stoopid and get bit.

My Dog Half Collie half Chow , has never as much shown his teeth to my kids ...But he wouldnt hesitate 1 second to bite someone or another animal for getting to close to my kids ............I wouldnt trade that dog for a pure bred ......

cutthemdown
05-23-2009, 01:37 PM
I've been around some great pit bulls. It's all how they are raised. You just can't play rough with them, reward aggressive behavior, or leave them to themselves with no attention.

Also Pit Bulls are working dogs. if you don't have the energy and time to work your dog everyday, wear it out every day, give it a job to do everyday then you should not own a pit.

Pit Bulls will pull sleds like you won't believe.

Most of the problems with pit bulls is that the owners of them are stupid, lazy, and make every mistake in the book when it comes to Alpha, dominant, aggressive, powerful dog breeds.

Also Pit Bulls just not right do for things like dog parks. They are too much the pack leader and will stop at nothing to be the top dog. Dogs like that best left to having their own yard, own master, with an organized pecking order with any other animals from a very young age.

Exterminate pit bulls no. But I would support more restrictions on them.

People should have to prove they know what needs a pit bull has, they should only be behind tall fences so they can't get out, and maybe make owning one a higher fee for licensing.

cutthemdown
05-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Maybe a state could raise the price of registering a pit or any dog for that matter, then use the extra money in a fund for kids that get bit by dogs. Anything but killing a dog whose only problem is an owner that didn't take care of it.

Spider
05-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Maybe a state could raise the price of registering a pit or any dog for that matter, then use the extra money in a fund for kids that get bit by dogs. Anything but killing a dog whose only problem is an owner that didn't take care of it.

well the problem is , the people already showed irresponsibility , cant count on them to register a Vicious dog ......

Willynowei
05-23-2009, 02:52 PM
lol bs! you just have to have the animal well trained. I grew up around dogs all my life. Been bit twice. Once by my buddies dog and once by my shepherd when i was like 3. It was my fault she was locked in the bathroom with her puppies and i just wanted to play with them at night. She just nipped my face. I had 5 shepherds at any given moment from 1-16.

ur fault? you were three. This doesn't defeat the fact that you shouldn't leave a potentially lethal animal around little kids no matter how well trained they are.

cutthemdown
05-23-2009, 06:20 PM
well the problem is , the people already showed irresponsibility , cant count on them to register a Vicious dog ......

Well with every law we as a society feel is needed comes the responsibility to pay for enforcement. You simply make a law then start busting people. People said same thing about seat belt laws, but now people catching on and wearing them. WHy? enough tickets have been passed out so people are wising up.

It would take many yrs of management and enforcement to control the pit bull population. You start at the breeders, make tough penalties for people who don't follow rules.

But if we start killing pit bulls we IMO start a dangerous precedent. As soon as people are still attacked by other breeds they will target the next problem animal.

Also you say people would just not register dog, well what makes you think they would be giving them up for extermination any easier? They would hide them in backyards, not walk them etc, just like they would to avoid being caught with no registration.

Spider
05-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Well with every law we as a society feel is needed comes the responsibility to pay for enforcement. You simply make a law then start busting people. People said same thing about seat belt laws, but now people catching on and wearing them. WHy? enough tickets have been passed out so people are wising up.

It would take many yrs of management and enforcement to control the pit bull population. You start at the breeders, make tough penalties for people who don't follow rules.

But if we start killing pit bulls we IMO start a dangerous precedent. As soon as people are still attacked by other breeds they will target the next problem animal.

Also you say people would just not register dog, well what makes you think they would be giving them up for extermination any easier? They would hide them in backyards, not walk them etc, just like they would to avoid being caught with no registration.

I am not for killing the animal , unless it attacks ....... My Dad had a pit ,my Son Cody used to drag him around by the tongue ........Dog never once thought of snapping or growling , but not everyone is a pet owner like my Dad , pits are damn good dogs but they need special attention to raise , this will sound cruel , but as soon as the dog is old enough , you have to kick his ass and kick it good , establish Alpha dominance , let that dog know you run things ..........

Spider
05-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Just like when you start new job at a construction site/or the patch , you got to beat down the first mother ****er who gets into your grill ........ establish who you are , let people know they dance with you , they had better bring a lunch

Popps
05-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Just like when you start new job at a construction site/or the patch , you got to beat down the first mother ****er who gets into your grill ........ establish who you are , let people know they dance with you , they had better bring a lunch

You need to write some sort of redneck handbook and sell it on Amazon, dude.

Seriously, you're a wealth of knowledge and you should be profiting.

cutthemdown
05-23-2009, 06:48 PM
I agree spider unless you really want to deal raising an animal that is an alpha type animal, you shouldn't.

In my experience its back yard pit bulls that become a problem. Dogs who get lots of attention and training almost never a problem.

watermock
05-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Spider the Redneck Rapper.

It works 4 me.

Spider
05-23-2009, 06:50 PM
You need to write some sort of redneck handbook and sell it on Amazon, dude.

Seriously, you're a wealth of knowledge and you should be profiting.

LOL you forget this is spider , crowned several times over as the worst speller ever on the mane ? ;D

Spider
05-23-2009, 06:51 PM
I agree spider unless you really want to deal raising an animal that is an alpha type animal, you shouldn't.

In my experience its back yard pit bulls that become a problem. Dogs who get lots of attention and training almost never a problem.
Yeah dogs are a pack animal , they follow the leader ......

Popps
05-23-2009, 06:59 PM
LOL you forget this is spider , crowned several times over as the worst speller ever on the mane ? ;D

That's what editors are for. You just need to script an outline.

Get started. Here are a few potential ideas for chapters...

-Truck-stop etiquette. (Dealing with cooks, etc.)
-How to kick your dog's ass without overdoing it.
-Creating an army of children
-Making friends on the internet
-Police: the do's and dont's.
-Music - Loving Nickelback doesn't make you gay
-Truck choices - Rainbow=No-go.

I'm sure we can think of more.

Working title?

You guessed it.... "Going for the Throat: Spider's guide to redneck perfection."

Spider
05-23-2009, 07:15 PM

Working title?

You guessed it.... "Going for the Throat: Spider's guide to redneck perfection."

LOL

azbroncfan
05-24-2009, 09:06 AM

This always gets mentioned and of course they probably do since labs are the most popular breed and there are more of them owned than any.

loborugger
05-24-2009, 11:38 AM

Working title?

Excellent, excellent. Mostly all encompassing. However, there has to be a chapter - at least one - on how to deal with bosses and supervisors. Maybe another one dealing with co-workers.

Spider
05-24-2009, 11:45 AM
the one dont I cant stress enough is .......... When the trooper walks up to your door do not roll down your window and say.......... This had better be important cause i am in a real hurry ............the other is .......... Man you must have been doing over 120 mph to catch up with me cause I was walking the dog big time ........

Cito Pelon
05-24-2009, 12:00 PM

My neighbor had a pitbull, he was cool as a puppy, my full-grown Lab used to fool around with him a lot when he was a puppy, ya know they'd wrestle a little bit, play fighting. That pitbull puppy got more aggressive as he became an adult. Came to the point I would keep the two apart. The Pitbull got off the leash when he was barely a year old and attacked a Huskie just walking down the street, minding his own business with a couple young girls. The Huskie wasn't all that scared and fought back. But the pitbull was not provoked at all. He just attacked, didn't go there to sniff and say hello, he attacked.

Pitbulls can be very volatile, you have to watch them very carefully. I don't blame localities for just flat out banning them.

WABronco
05-24-2009, 01:31 PM
I dont understand why anyone would even want to own one, other than the obvious reason of "just for looks"...

They aren't even real "dogs"!! They fun to hang out with? No. Fun to play with? No. Cute? No. Able to socialize with other dogs? No. Waddling balls of muscle with a real ****ty personality. Sounds like a hell of a dog.

kappys
05-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Rather than killing off all the pits another perhaps more humane option would be to sterilize them. Allow existing owners to keep their dogs provided they aren't violent. In 10 - 20 years the problem would vanish.

That said I am dogsitting my buddy's pit - sweetest damn dog i've ever seen in my life. I can't imagine her attacking anyone - in fact she's been bitten by another dog and ran away. Taht said I won't let her around my young nephew because she is certainly a very powerful animal and if you could actually provoke her would do damage

cutthemdown
05-24-2009, 03:30 PM
My neighbor had a pitbull, he was cool as a puppy, my full-grown Lab used to fool around with him a lot when he was a puppy, ya know they'd wrestle a little bit, play fighting. That pitbull puppy got more aggressive as he became an adult. Came to the point I would keep the two apart. The Pitbull got off the leash when he was barely a year old and attacked a Huskie just walking down the street, minding his own business with a couple young girls. The Huskie wasn't all that scared and fought back. But the pitbull was not provoked at all. He just attacked, didn't go there to sniff and say hello, he attacked.

Pitbulls can be very volatile, you have to watch them very carefully. I don't blame localities for just flat out banning them.

I guess because I worked for a dog trainer when I was a kid I have a different perspective. I watched this guy train dogs from personal service and guard dog duties.

Just a question did your neighbor make the pit bull do work? not just walk the dog but actually wear it out every day, work it every day, make it pull things, make it run long distances? Because if you don't do that with a pit bull you often get a mean dog.

I can't stress enough what a chore it is to raise a Pit properly. It's like having a sports car that is really fast. You better be ready for the power or you will crash and burn.

It is a known fact, however, that pits should not have access to other dogs and people just walking down the street.

IMO they need to be behind 10 foot fences.

Also in my experiences Huskies are more unpredictable then almost any other breed of dog. Huskies have attacked and bitten tons of people. In fact the law office I work for right now is defending a case where a half husky/lab mix bit a little girl in the face.

Huskies are great dogs, but also ones that IMO need to be worked every day.

Most people just lazy and have no business owning a dog. Most dogs need to be walked every day. The aggressive ones with abundant energy even more so.

A worn out dog if a calm dog. A well trained dog is a calm dog. A well trained, well adjusted dog, is a dog that isn't scared and won't just attack at it's first impulse.

Mostly dogs attack because they don't know any better, because the owner threw them in a backyard and left them there for too much of the time.