PDA

View Full Version : I didnt get to see the Game last night

Spider
05-22-2009, 11:14 AM
But going through the stats ( I know Stats lie ) seems like mello out played Kobe ..... Is Carmello that good ?

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 11:16 AM
The info you seek just might be in here.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79699

bombay
05-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Faceguarding is a wildly successful tactic against Kobe.

Just ask Shane Battier and Carmelo.

kamakazi_kal
05-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Denver did get a critical Non-call on JR in the lane at that last tip off though

Hotrod
05-22-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm rooting for the nuggets but no Mello is not as good as Kobe

I think it is the supporting cast that makes it appear that way at times.

Kobe nailed 2 3's with mello inside of his shorts. It was insane

Spider
05-22-2009, 11:19 AM
The info you seek just might be in here.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79699

I am not wading through all of that to find if people think Mello is better then Kobe ......... If you cant answer the question thats fine

Spider
05-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Denver did get a critical Non-call on JR in the lane at that last tip off though

JR ?

Bronx33
05-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I am not wading through all of that to find if people think Mello is better then Kobe ......... If you cant answer the question thats fine

lazy ****

bombay
05-22-2009, 11:21 AM

Kobe nailed 2 3's with mello inside of his shorts. It was insane

I don't think that's true anymore. He's Kobe's equal as a scorer, and is a better rebounder and a worse defender, although his defense is improving by leaps and bounds.

Spider
05-22-2009, 11:22 AM

Kobe nailed 2 3's with mello inside of his shorts. It was insane mello in his shorts ? ..........Nevermind

Spider
05-22-2009, 11:23 AM
lazy ****

;D yeah

bronco610
05-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Hey Spider welcome back !!!! Bout ****ing time.:~ohyah!:

Spider
05-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey Spider welcome back !!!! Bout ****ing time.:~ohyah!:

;D during my time away , I watched a cartoon called the Penguins of Madagascar ........ I like those guys ......

OBF1
05-22-2009, 11:29 AM
I don't think that's true anymore. He's Kobe's equal as a scorer, and is a better rebounder and a worse defender, although his defense is improving by leaps and bounds.

Watch the way both Kobe and Mello are covered by the other team. Mello gets a ton of 1 on 1, where as Kobe gets a double or more when he is driving the lane. Right now Denver's defense is doing alot better job then the Lakers.

To answer your question, Only a homer nugget fan thinks that Mello is as good as Kobe. It is still LaBron and Kobe, followed by Wade as the best players in the NBA talks go, after that there is a large number of other players behind them... Dwight Howard, Carmello Anthony, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett types.

Rock Chalk
05-22-2009, 11:30 AM
The Penguins rock Spider.

My daughter loves them and, admittedly, so do I. Kowalski cracks me up.

bronco610
05-22-2009, 11:30 AM
;D during my time away , I watched a cartoon called the Penguins of Madagascar ........ I like those guys ......

Well as long as you were doing something constuctive.........oh, wait, you watched cartoons? You shoulkd be fined 20,000 popsts !!!! :clown:

Hotrod
05-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Watch the way both Kobe and Mello are covered by the other team. Mello gets a ton of 1 on 1, where as Kobe gets a double or more when he is driving the lane. Right now Denver's defense is doing alot better job then the Lakers.

To answer your question, Only a homer nugget fan thinks that Mello is as good as Kobe. It is still LaBron and Kobe, followed by Wade as the best players in the NBA talks go, after that there is a large number of other players behind them... Dwight Howard, Carmello Anthony, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett types.

As a nuggets fan I pretty much agree with you here. I do however think the gap between the top 3 and mello has shrunk this season.

Tombstone RJ
05-22-2009, 11:38 AM
As a nuggets fan I pretty much agree with you here. I do however think the gap between the top 3 and mello has shrunk this season.

Mello has got to prove his meddle in the playoffs and so far, so good.

Spider
05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
The Penguins rock Spider.

My daughter loves them and, admittedly, so do I. Kowalski cracks me up.

;D Ricco ........

Spider
05-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Well as long as you were doing something constuctive.........oh, wait, you watched cartoons? You shoulkd be fined 20,000 popsts !!!! :clown:

;D the Penguins are so funny ......

Kid A
05-22-2009, 11:42 AM

No, he's not. Twice in the fourth quarter Kobe hit crucial 3-pointers with Melo in his face. He is still an unreal talent and you expect every shot he takes to go in.

That said, Melo is playing almost at the same level right now. Maybe not as dangerous as Kobe overall, but he is taking over games when he needs to and is borderline indefensible at times. This playoff series could be where we see him take the step from "very good" to "great." He may not be in Kobe or LeBron territory, but he is proving himself worthy of going head-to-head with them.

Man-Goblin
05-22-2009, 11:43 AM

Not that it wasn't a missed call, but the Lakers won that tip.

DomCasual
05-22-2009, 11:55 AM

Right! Because the last thing Spider has time for is to waste time on the OrangeMane! ::)

Spider
05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Right! Because the last thing Spider has time for is to waste time on the OrangeMane! ::)
thats right

gunns
05-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Don't care. Don't particularly like the Nuggets, but am loving the game they are taking to the Lakers. Doesn't matter who's better, matters who wins.

Rabb
05-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Not that it wasn't a missed call, but the Lakers won that tip.

me and a guy at work debated this, my take is you won the tip...hold the ball and it is a non issue

Eli_Cash
05-22-2009, 01:39 PM
The Lakers are the last team that should get upset over a missed call.