PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Chicago Jay :-)

Hulamau
05-20-2009, 10:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8106e68f/Cutler-s-supporting-cast

Be careful what you wish for .,, you got yourself some 'stud' WR to throw too now :thumbs:

Any bets on Cutler repeating a 4500 yrd season any time soon???

~Crash~
05-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I bet it is safe to say Orton will not be passing 4,500 Yrd any time ever ...

Pick Six
05-20-2009, 10:58 PM

Orton now has better receivers and a better line to protect him...

cutthemdown
05-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah I saw that the WR were dropping everything in site towards the end. Funny though the guys on NFL network seem not to notice it, or care.

Cutler vaulted himself to star status through his antics of forcing the trade. He better perform. Basically every week all the media will be doing a how did Jay Cutler do segment. IMO Hester just isn't a WR. You can tell by how he runs his routes. He dips his hip to make his turns like a dback does, but wr can't telegraph with the lower body like that and excpect to get open.

Then from the way he looks Bennett seems like a bust, and he sounds stupid too boot.

BroncoMan4ever
05-20-2009, 11:01 PM

Orton will hit the 4000 yard mark, and at least 25TDs this season. mark my words. he is going to be a borderline pro bowler at the end of the year.

Cutler isn't going to hit 4000 and is probably going to have more INTs than TDs in Chicago.

~Crash~
05-20-2009, 11:11 PM

Ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!:wave:

~Crash~
05-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Orton will hit the 4000 yard mark, and at least 25TDs this season. mark my words. he is going to be a borderline pro bowler at the end of the year.

Cutler isn't going to hit 4000 and is probably going to have more INTs than TDs in Chicago.

jaded

BroncoMan4ever
05-20-2009, 11:37 PM
jaded

not at all. i just don't think Jay getting pummeled because the line can't give him time to find an open receiver, or with terrible receivers, i can't see any way that he still puts up numbers anywhere near what he did in Denver. Add in that he had i think something like 25 turnovers(18 INTs) with good receiving weapons, and a line that kept his uniform clean, and i can't see any way that number drops without a line or receiving weapons. his only real weapons are Forte and Olsen and those 2 are not going to keep his numbers where they were last season.

i truly feel Jay is in for a rude awakening in Chicago when he sees he had it made here in Denver and he whined and bitched his way out of a good situation with a good line and receiving weapons that he no longer has.

the dude is in for another dose of what he went through in college.

24champ
05-20-2009, 11:38 PM

puff puff pass it along please...

2KBack
05-20-2009, 11:52 PM

good, statistical seasons like that almost never result in a championship.

BroncoMan4ever
05-21-2009, 12:13 AM
puff puff pass it along please...

QB Rating - 89.4
Completions - 327
Attempts - 516
Passing Yards - 3693
TDs - 21
INTs - 11

Those are Matt Cassel's numbers from last season running the offense that McDaniels is installing here in Denver. Cassel had not started a game since high school, and yet was closing in on 4000 yards passing and over 20 TDs.

Orton has been a starter in the league, has experience on the pro level and is intelligent, and is now in McDaniels QB friendly offense

QB Rating - 79.6
Completions - 272
Attempts - 465
Passing Yards - 2972
TDs - 18
INTs - 12

those are his numbers from a team where Hester had the most receiving yards amongst his receivers, Forte led the team in catches and Olsen led the team in TD catches. he was right near 3000 yards, a 3-2 ration of TDs-INTs, playing behind a line that sucked with obviously terrible receiving options.

here in Denver our line will give him time to throw, and Marshall, Royal, Scheff, Stokley, Hillis, Graham, Gaffney, and Moreno are all at his disposal to throw to. i find it obvious that his numbers are going to skyrocket in Denver

footstepsfrom#27
05-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Yeah Cutler will probably fail so badly in Chicago he'll be out of the league in two years playing Canadian football, and that's if he's not lying in a diabetic coma or having checked into rehab. Then his family will abandon him, he'll lose all his money and be homeless living on the streets and staying in shelters. Besides...even if this doesn't happen, he only has maybe 13 years left in the league to win and it's unlikely Chicago will be able to find him another reciever during that time. Orton will beat Brady's record of Super Bowl MVP's by his 30th birthday.

footstepsfrom#27
05-21-2009, 12:18 AM
QB Rating - 89.4
Completions - 327
Attempts - 516
Passing Yards - 3693
TDs - 21
INTs - 11

Those are Matt Cassel's numbers from last season running the offense that McDaniels is installing here in Denver. Cassel had not started a game since high school, and yet was closing in on 4000 yards passing and over 20 TDs.

Orton has been a starter in the league, has experience on the pro level and is intelligent, and is now in McDaniels QB friendly offense

QB Rating - 79.6
Completions - 272
Attempts - 465
Passing Yards - 2972
TDs - 18
INTs - 12

those are his numbers from a team where Hester had the most receiving yards amongst his receivers, Forte led the team in catches and Olsen led the team in TD catches. he was right near 3000 yards, a 3-2 ration of TDs-INTs, playing behind a line that sucked with obviously terrible receiving options.

here in Denver our line will give him time to throw, and Marshall, Royal, Scheff, Stokley, Hillis, Graham, Gaffney, and Moreno are all at his disposal to throw to. i find it obvious that his numbers are going to skyrocket in Denver
Brian Griese and Rex Grossman are future HOFers.

BroncoMan4ever
05-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Brian Griese and Rex Grossman are future HOFers.

jesus christ man you are such a whiny bitch. are you still hurt that bad by your lover Jay not being around anymore?

if you would read and comprehend the majority of the posts on this site that you seem to bitch about you would see valid points, but you are just to worried about making your voice heard regardless of beoing right or wrong on the situation that you are becoming a troll in the mold of BOB.

now if you read my post, you would see that a good statistical season from Orton is not only not out of the question, but highly likely. he was capable of putting up decent numbers with nothing to throw to last season. now he has protection and legit offensive weapons and is in a very QB friendly offense that a career backup with no starts since high school was able to run and be a borderline pro bowler in.

Yeah Cutler will probably fail so badly in Chicago he'll be out of the league in two years playing Canadian football, and that's if he's not lying in a diabetic coma or having checked into rehab. Then his family will abandon him, he'll lose all his money and be homeless living on the streets and staying in shelters. Besides...even if this doesn't happen, he only has maybe 13 years left in the league to win and it's unlikely Chicago will be able to find him another reciever during that time. Orton will beat Brady's record of Super Bowl MVP's by his 30th birthday.

now on this post. nowhere have i said Cutler will be a failure in his career now that he is gone from Denver. i am simply pointing out that right now for the next season at least(unless Boldin is traded), he is in a situation with a terrible line, and no real receiving weapons, which are going to hamper his abilities on the field. now i am not saying that in 3 years or even in 2010 that he won't have weapons and a line and keep looking as good as he did last season, but for this season he is in a tough situation.

also, nowhere have i said that Orton is going to become a hall of famer, or is going to win us super bowls. i have simply said, in this offense, i predict he will match or better Jay's numbers from last season

TDmvp
05-21-2009, 12:32 AM

I bet Cutler throws for negative total yards this year and gets moved to safety .

footstepsfrom#27
05-21-2009, 12:38 AM
jesus christ man you are such a whiny b****. are you still hurt that bad by your lover Jay not being around anymore?

if you would read and comprehend the majority of the posts on this site that you seem to b**** about you would see valid points, but you are just to worried about making your voice heard regardless of beoing right or wrong on the situation that you are becoming a troll in the mold of BOB.

now if you read my post, you would see that a good statistical season from Orton is not only not out of the question, but highly likely. he was capable of putting up decent numbers with nothing to throw to last season. now he has protection and legit offensive weapons and is in a very QB friendly offense that a career backup with no starts since high school was able to run and be a borderline pro bowler in.

now on this post. nowhere have i said Cutler will be a failure in his career now that he is gone from Denver. i am simply pointing out that right now for the next season at least(unless Boldin is traded), he is in a situation with a terrible line, and no real receiving weapons, which are going to hamper his abilities on the field. now i am not saying that in 3 years or even in 2010 that he won't have weapons and a line and keep looking as good as he did last season, but for this season he is in a tough situation.

also, nowhere have i said that Orton is going to become a hall of famer, or is going to win us super bowls. i have simply said, in this offense, i predict he will match or better Jay's numbers from last season
It's almost 3:00 am...to late for me to worry about wasting energy on your weak ass logic. ;D

footstepsfrom#27
05-21-2009, 12:39 AM
I bet Cutler throws for negative total yards this year and gets moved to safety .
His mother will sue him for embarassing her with his bad haircut.

BroncoMan4ever
05-21-2009, 12:39 AM
It's almost 3:00 am...to late for me to worry about wasting energy on your weak ass logic. ;D

apparently it's not too late for you to bitch and moan though

Ratboy
05-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Seeing him in a Bears uni pisses me off.

footstepsfrom#27
05-21-2009, 12:45 AM
apparently it's not too late for you to b**** and moan though :kiss:

Hulamau
05-21-2009, 12:45 AM
QB Rating - 89.4
Completions - 327
Attempts - 516
Passing Yards - 3693
TDs - 21
INTs - 11

QB Rating - 79.6
Completions - 272
Attempts - 465
Passing Yards - 2972
TDs - 18
INTs - 12

I think people well be surprised by Orton here. He isn't going to be Another Elway rolling out and throwing 70 yard heaters, but with this team and system and now a real running game as well I suspect our offensive and scoring efficiency to go up versus last year .. and turnovers to go down. It may take half a year to get the system more or less well oiled and running on all cylinders.

And if we can get some serviceable play form the D-line combined with the obvious improvements elsewhere on defense it will be fun to watch all these prognosticators falling all over themselves to act like they saw it coming all along :-)

The problem is, most of these guys and commentators are into superficial 'sound bite' analysis. Its a slam dunk 'safe' way to go to look at Denver and see ... :

New 33yr old head coach and new coaches and system all around after a legend gets axed - Check

A new QB after 'pro bowl' 'franchise' guy with the big arm and the weeny personality pouts his way out of town - Check

More than 50% roster turnover including a boat load of new rookies - Check

Last two years sporting one of the worst defenses in the league, due to a handful of rotten egg players who cant tackle (and mostly gone now) and some terrible schizoid schemes and coaching - Check

Brutal schedule - Double Check ....

So its easy to see where these guys get their soundbite analysis from, makes perfect sense, right? ..... Until you start looking at the details and see what is really going on here.

When you really start comparing this roster to last years, over all there are significant improvements. I wont argue that Orton is better than Cutler, only that he is decent enough and will be able to play at his best here and his style of play happens to be very well suited for this system. I suspect he will surprise a lot of people before December is over.

The coaching staff and new philosophy is a big leap forward as well, it may take a while for it all to gel, but you gotta like the focus, discipline and emphasis on strength, power and attacking on both sides of the ball ... no more 10 yard cushions by DBs ... and no more Club Med off seasons and training camps!

And special teams should give us a lot better field position going both ways.

And all the low expectations is perfect! It gives some cover this year to make this transition and start serving large quantities of steaming hot crow by years end with a nice Chianti.

TDmvp
05-21-2009, 12:49 AM

Yea I know ... It sucks ...

It was so messed up today seeing him in orange and blue and being like , sigh if you didn't know any better he still looks like a bronco in those colors ...

The Broncs and Bears was my fav teams when i was real little and it became a one horse show with Denver being my fav... The Bears was always my fav nfc team tho so at least I got that to fall back on ...

But it doesn't soften it one bit really. Blows I just got his autograph for Xmas as well on a photo in broncs uni ... sigh ...

watermock
05-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Findng adequate WR's is easier than finding franchise QB's, escpecially when he can fire into tight areas. One thing Cutler does better than John early on is better touch on short passes. I expect Bennet to have a good year.

It's not like Da Bears are in he NFC East. Besides, who cares? I'm more worried what boneheaded move Mcdummy will make next.

Now that he's rearrainged the furniture in Shanny's office, things should quiet down for awile.

BroncoMan4ever
05-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Findng adequate WR's is easier than finding franchise QB's, escpecially when he can fire into tight areas. One thing Cutler does better than John early on is better touch on short passes. I expect Bennet to have a good year.

It's not like Da Bears are in he NFC East. Besides, who cares? I'm more worried what boneheaded move Mcdummy will make next.

Now that he's rearrainged the furniture in Shanny's office, things should quiet down for awile.

if it truly is that easy to find good receivers, why haven't the Bears had a receiver with over a 1000 yards in a season since 2002? why did it take us so long to find a worthy heir to Rod's receiving throne?

they have the QB, but unless Boldin is coming their way(seems doubtful, without a 1st next season) they don't have any receivers on their radar, and who knows how long it will take for them to find one.

Hulamau
05-21-2009, 01:07 AM

I expect Cutler will do fine over time. He'll have his adjustment period there with the 'crap for hands' WR corp and chewing a lot more cud and dirt from the less than stout protection he's likely to get.

It will be interesting to see if he remains happy with less of a role passing? If the Bears are winning ( which they damn well ought to this year with that pansy schedule!) that should cure a lot for him.

But I also think Cutler is unlikely to become the QB he could have here with McD in this system and these weapons.

Sure Cutler is a better physical talent than Orton, but the odds are that Cutler will take a much longer time , if he ever does, to reach his full potential in the Windy City famous as a wasteland for WRs and QBs, while Orton is very likely to realize his maximum potential here, whatever that proves to be.

Of the two guys, Id rather be in Orton's shoes (not the least reason of which he seems like an inherently good guy who doesn't have to work at it), whether of not this plays out ultimately in our advantage only time will tell.

The fact it is, no matter what Jay does in Chicago, its a shame we cant see what he really could have become here, with some real discipline and expert QB coaching. From the sounds of it he is pretty much running the show there already as well and has Ron Turner slobbering all over him ... not the best medicine for Cutler's skills and character development, on or off the field.

BroncoBuff
05-21-2009, 01:08 AM

This is realistic post ... mark my words. :oyvey:

watermock
05-21-2009, 01:20 AM
if it truly is that easy to find good receivers, why haven't the Bears had a receiver with over a 1000 yards in a season since 2002? why did it take us so long to find a worthy heir to Rod's receiving throne?

they have the QB, but unless Boldin is coming their way(seems doubtful, without a 1st next season) they don't have any receivers on their radar, and who knows how long it will take for them to find one.

Just because Shanny couldn't draft WR's worth a damn, doen't mean there are ofter hidden gems out there in the weeds. Like I stated earlier, in Chicago, cutting thru the wind and good hands are more important in the cold. Separaton is less important.

UberBroncoMan
05-21-2009, 03:25 AM
QB Rating - 89.4
Completions - 327
Attempts - 516
Passing Yards - 3693
TDs - 21
INTs - 11

QB Rating - 79.6
Completions - 272
Attempts - 465
Passing Yards - 2972
TDs - 18
INTs - 12

You forget to take into account what we're facing next year defensively... I think we are going against 6-7 of the top 10 defenses from last year.

colonelbeef
05-21-2009, 04:52 AM
LMAO, Say this with me Cutler haters so you don't feel so stupid during the rest of Jay Cutler's career-

Jay Cutler is a far superior player to Kyle Orton in every way imaginable, and he will go on to have a much better career whereas Orton will once again be 1 bad play from riding the bench like he has throughout his professional career.

Take off those orange sunglasses, good god.

bpc
05-21-2009, 04:55 AM
Is it witchhunt time again?

Positive stuff is coming out of Chicago about Cutler, GET EM'!

colonelbeef
05-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Is it witchhunt time again?

Positive stuff is coming out of Chicago about Cutler, GET EM'!

seriously, I would respect the opinion of the pro- mcdaniels crowd much more if they were to at least acknowledge the facts that Cutler was turning into a fantastic player and far better than Orton, then we could go on to have a serious discussion of the ramifications of the trade and what this team is capable of. When you start off a thought process with "Thank god we got Orton for Cutler, Cutler sucked and I hated his haircut" I immediately question your ability to understand football in even the most rudimentary way

bpc
05-21-2009, 05:20 AM
Completely correct.

The thing I love most though is how most have twisted the facts to make it look like Cutler started all this drama. I guess it's easier to cast him as the villain that way.

I see Jay playing very well in Chicago. Remember two years ago, the guy was throwing to an old relic like Brandon Stokely, along with Glen Martinez and kept the offense producing. I see the same thing happening with Chicago except they have better WR's than those two. They have some guys that are really going to benefit from playing with Jay. The fact that he's going to have a stud running game to boot is only going to enhance how affective he is.

But hey, we shouldn't ruin the hater party for anybody around this joint. People have their mind made up about how it went down, ORTON is the ultimate WINNER and Denver pulled the carpet from under the Bears feet.

Traveler
05-21-2009, 05:40 AM
The fact it is, no matter what Jay does in Chicago, its a shame we cant see what he really could have become here, with some real discipline and expert QB coaching.

Oh so true. It would have been nice to see what a physically talented QB could do in the NE type offense.

broncofan7
05-21-2009, 05:48 AM

Co-sign. It will be really hard to take when he makes the playoffs for the 1st time in his career in that OTHER orange & blue uniform........

TonyR
05-21-2009, 06:45 AM
I Remember two years ago, the guy was throwing to an old relic like Brandon Stokely, along with Glen Martinez and kept the offense producing.

No, I don't remember.
In 2006 our leading WR were Javon Walker (69-1084), Rod Smith (52-512), and Brandon Marshall (20-309). Stokley and Martinez weren't even on the team.
In 2007 our leading WR were Marshall (102-1325), Stokley (40-635), Scheffler (49-549), and Walker (26-287).

Come out of the cocoon. The alternate realities you Cutler lovers have created for yourselves are ridiculous.

kamakazi_kal
05-21-2009, 06:48 AM
LMAO, Say this with me Cutler haters so you don't feel so stupid during the rest of Jay Cutler's career-

Jay Cutler is a far superior player to Kyle Orton in every way imaginable, and he will go on to have a much better career whereas Orton will once again be 1 bad play from riding the bench like he has throughout his professional career.

Take off those orange sunglasses, good god.

DAMN IT .... I still can't believe freaking Orton is going to start for Denver.

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2009, 06:50 AM

Probably, but he'll most like achieve more than 10 wins in a season.

kamakazi_kal
05-21-2009, 06:52 AM
Probably, but he'll most like achieve more than 10 wins in a season.

sorry ...... he's not the long term awnser ..... he'll not get a fat contract at the end of this year. So, if he is going to win 10 games in a season it won't be in Denver.

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2009, 06:54 AM
Jay Cutler is a far superior player to Kyle Orton in every way imaginable,

LOL Where's the beef. Except Orton is a team player and Cutler is just a player. Jay Cutler broke up with you, get over it. :P

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2009, 06:56 AM
sorry ...... he's not the long term awnser ..... he'll not get a fat contract at the end of this year. So, if he is going to win 10 games in a season it won't be in Denver.

Wanna put your money where you mouth is on the success of the Broncos this year? I mean....do you want to bet against the Broncos?

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Completely correct.

The thing I love most though is how most have twisted the facts to make it look like Cutler started all this drama. I guess it's easier to cast him as the villain that way.

It is Cutler's fault that he's not here anymore.

Rashomon
05-21-2009, 06:58 AM
QB Rating - 89.4
Completions - 327
Attempts - 516
Passing Yards - 3693
TDs - 21
INTs - 11

QB Rating - 79.6
Completions - 272
Attempts - 465
Passing Yards - 2972
TDs - 18
INTs - 12

Don't forget, McDaniels originally wanted Cassel as his QB, not Orton, so it is not realistic to think that they are equal quarterbacks. Also, you make it sound like jumping your passing yards by 10% to get to 4000 is no big deal.

You dismiss Orton's numbers by blaming his teammates, but if you read the reports about Orton in Chicago last year, he was extremely immobile, could not escape from even one defender, Ron Turner took out just about everything deep in the playbook because Orton was incapable of making those plays, and Chicago faced a lot of 8 man fronts because no one feared Orton.

There is no doubt on paper that Denver has better receiving options, but it remains to be seen whether Orton can properly utilize them. New England was about a 50/50 run/pass team last year, and I would think that Denver will run even more than that to shorten the game and protect the defense. That will also lead to fewer passing yards. I don't see any way that Orton will pass for 4,000 yards this season, but he should pass 3,000 for the first time in his career.

kamakazi_kal
05-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Wanna put your money where you mouth is on the success of the Broncos this year? I mean....do you want to bet against the Broncos?

No.... I won't bet against Denver. That kind of makes it hard to root for them. I just don't think Orton is the awnser. I'm hoping Simms takes the job by week 4.

Beantown Bronco
05-21-2009, 07:28 AM
Don't forget, McDaniels originally wanted Cassel as his QB, not Orton, so it is not realistic to think that they are equal quarterbacks.

So, if you stick with your logic, then you must think that Cassel is a superior QB to Cutler.......since he "originally wanted Cassel as his QB, not Cutler".

Hulamau
05-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Don't forget, McDaniels originally wanted Cassel as his QB, not Orton, so it is not realistic to think that they are equal quarterbacks.

...read the reports about Orton in Chicago last year, he was extremely immobile, could not escape from even one defender, Ron Turner took out just about everything deep in the playbook because Orton was incapable of making those plays,[/B] and Chicago faced a lot of 8 man fronts because no one feared Orton.

... That will also lead to fewer passing yards. I don't see any way that Orton will pass for 4,000 yards this season, but he should pass 3,000 for the first time in his career.

Please, show me that 'brilliant' report out of Chicago where Turner took out all the long balls because Orton couldn't throw them and where he could escape from no one??? And please no message board crap from a snot nose 15 year old! ;)

You obviously didn't watch one Bears game last year, did you?

You're assumption that McD was after Cassel 'instead' of Orton is full of holes as well.

Orton may not be as mobile as Jay but he isn't a statue either, and often bought time in the pocket. And if Turner took any long balls out of the offense it was because he got burned letting Grossman throw into the bleachers time and again with no WR in sight!

Turner subscribes to the old adage "when you pass three things can happen and two of them are bad!"

McD didn't 'pursue' Cassel at all, he was offered Cassel PLUS some undefined package of picks for Cutler at which point he looked into what he could get in the TOTAL package and yet never took it to the next level .. meaning the deal wasn't good enough, up to the point NE traded him to KC!!

You have no frigging idea how many yards Orton will throw for this year and the only relevant things are:

Whats his Win/loss record?
His TD/INT ratio? And how many fumbles did he lose?
His TD percentage,
Overall completion percentage & completion percentage on 3rd down and in the red zone.

The rest is fluff.

Orton seems comfortable and reasonably accurate on balls up to 50 yards in the air , maybe a bit more. And I doubt McD has a lot of 70 yard in the air bombs in the play book to begin with. His not so exciting completion percentage was indeed deflated a good deal by the lack of time AND the very many drops of stone cold 'in the hands' passes his crappy WR corp gift wrapped for him.

Orton throws a crisper faster ball than Plummer did though the vast majority of his throws will be from 45 yards on in.

And saying McD was wanting Cassel over Orton has as much merit as saying he wanted Cassel more than Tom Brady or Payton Manning too, who ... like Orton .... were not even on the radar or up for discussion at the time the Cassel deal was floated to the Broncos! Its an irrelevant comparison.

Maybe he still would have chosen Cassel at first blush, can imagine that, if the option really had been Orton OR Cassel, but mostly because he knew him and had coached him up from his diapers at NE. Its clear that the more he watch Orton film when the trade was truly looming and he had to evaluate which teams to pull the trigger with, his discomfort over losing Jay lessened a lot.

And who cares how many yards he has unless you're all fantasy football? In 2004 Plummer had over 4,000yrds and threw 27 TD's but in similar ratio to Cutler in the same system had 20INTs and we went 10-6 and got thumped by Indy in the first playoff game.

The next year Plummer had 3,360 yards 18TDs but only 7-INTS, after Shanny puts the clamps on him, and went 13-3 and to the AFC championship game.

I can imagine if Shanny had stayed he would have worked hard with Cutler to reign in some of his more risky Wild Bill tendencies this year as well. But now in Chicago they are all blinded by the WOW factor and the sizzling ball as it sails by and will likely have tot learn the hard way too that moving up and down like a rocket between the 20s may sell tickets but not always = wins.

Total yards means very little if you cant translate it into wins.
Jay might throw for 4,000 yards in Chicago (seriously doubt it) and still toss 22 INTs if he doesn't get some disciplined coaching that he'll take to heart and if Jay doesn't seriously improve his TD to INT ratio, Chicago isnt going anywhere. No matter how many highlight reel passes he wows their fans with!

bpc
05-21-2009, 08:01 AM
No, I don't remember.
In 2006 our leading WR were Javon Walker (69-1084), Rod Smith (52-512), and Brandon Marshall (20-309). Stokley and Martinez weren't even on the team.
In 2007 our leading WR were Marshall (102-1325), Stokley (40-635), Scheffler (49-549), and Walker (26-287).

Come out of the cocoon. The alternate realities you Cutler lovers have created for yourselves are ridiculous.

Are you stupid? How many WR/TE injuries did Denver have in 2007? Walker, Scheffler, Stokely all missed time with injuries. Jay went on to have respectable numbers, 20 TD's vs. 14 INT with 3500 yds.

How healthy was Javon Walker two years ago for us? He played in what, two games in which he had an impact before going down with injury? Yeah, we had Brandon Marshall... who was getting double and triple covered because we didn't have anything else. Scheffler had an impact but like Javon, he too was always injured w/ hamstring injuries. Stokely had 40 catches for over 600 yds and 5 TD's. He too missed significant time with injuries because he was forced into a starters role.

Tell me in what organization Glen Martinez even has a roster spot? Nate Jackson? Chad Mustard?

Not only was the WR position terrible outside of Marshall, Graham and Scheffler, the OL was atrocious. Pears and Lepsis were probably the worst set of tackles in the league. Anybody remember the Detroit game where Cutler almost had his leg snapped? Most QB's under the duress he was would have just sat out a few games. Jay started the following week.

Jay played with some crap players and still thrived.

Keep going on with your smear campaign though. You're right. JAY SUCKED.

bpc
05-21-2009, 08:06 AM
It is Cutler's fault that he's not here anymore.

Maybe. If you could glimpse the future and you saw a car about to drive off a cliff, would you put yourself in it?

Bottom line is Denver has had an offseason from hell. They've hired a bunch of questionable people with no proven results. Bowlen seems like he's gone mad. The new head coach is a liar and a blowhard.

Honestly, if you don't want to associate with those types of people, I don't really see a problem with wanting to get out.

Since McDaniels greased the tracks by engaging in trying to get rid of Cutler, why even fight to stay.

We've gone over this. McDaniels fired the first shots. Jay just finished the deal by refusing to work with a bunch of novice idiots.

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Maybe. If you could glimpse the future and you saw a car about to drive off a cliff, would you put yourself in it?

Bottom line is Denver has had an offseason from hell. They've hired a bunch of questionable people with no proven results. Bowlen seems like he's gone mad. The new head coach is a liar and a blowhard.

Honestly, if you don't want to associate with those types of people, I don't really see a problem with wanting to get out.

Since McDaniels greased the tracks by engaging in trying to get rid of Cutler, why even fight to stay.

We've gone over this. McDaniels fired the first shots. Jay just finished the deal by refusing to work with a bunch of novice idiots.

Except the football team isn't a car driving off a cliff. McDaniels didn't try to get rid of Cutler and McDaniels didn't get rid of Cutler. The facts do not support your claim. Cutler didn't get his way and proceded to alienate is team in the process. He's an amazing on field talent, but he hasn't grown up yet. While it sucks that he wanted to move on, he did that of his own free will. McDaniels fire no shots at all. BB said he never recieved the Bucs proposed offer or he would have taken it. And the Bucs admited to the press they made the offer. Not the other way around.

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Jay played with some crap players and still thrived.

Marshall isn't a crap player. TS, for the exception of being injured often, is not a crap player. Javon Walker when he wanted to play was not a crap player. And Cutler has generally had an above average running game and o-line.

chadta
05-21-2009, 08:21 AM
did i miss something here ?

when did this become a jay cutler forum and not a broncos forum.

sure he may have had better physical talent, but hes not our quarterback anymore so let it go already

GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2009, 08:21 AM
No.... I won't bet against Denver. That kind of makes it hard to root for them. I just don't think Orton is the awnser. I'm hoping Simms takes the job by week 4.

I don't have a problem with Sims either, but this idea that QB with a good winning percentage is crap is misguided.

BroncoInSkinland
05-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Total yards means very little if you cant translate it into wins. Jay might throw for 4,000 yards in Chicago (seriously doubt it) and still toss 22 INTs if he doesn't get some disciplined coaching that he'll take to heart and if Jay doesn't seriously improve his TD to INT ratio, Chicago isnt going anywhere. No matter how many highlight reel passes he wows their fans with!

I've been trying to avoid the Cutler debate recently as there isn't a whole lot new being added, but here I have to disagree. If Cutler manages to push the Bears between the 20's, I think Forte will do an awful lot toward improving his red-zone efficiency. This is bad news for us as it drops our pick next year, but I don't think the red zone will be thier problem. If they do have issues it will be Jay not dealing well with pressure thanks to the drop in quality on his line, and his recieving corp dropping balls. The former I don't see as a big chance, I am pinning my hopes for a high draft pick on the latter.

broncofan7
05-21-2009, 08:33 AM
I hope Jay pulls a 'Walt Harris' and gets knocked out for the season--I was a huge backer of Jay's during his time in Denver and during the impasse, but now that his new team's success is directly tied to an asset that we own, I hope he doesn't play a down this year for CHI. An 0-16 record for CHI is my rooting interest but I fear a more than likely 11-5 season for them and pick in the mid 20's for us........

TheReverend
05-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Yeah I saw that the WR were dropping everything in site towards the end. Funny though the guys on NFL network seem not to notice it, or care.

Cutler vaulted himself to star status through his antics of forcing the trade. He better perform. Basically every week all the media will be doing a how did Jay Cutler do segment. IMO Hester just isn't a WR. You can tell by how he runs his routes. He dips his hip to make his turns like a dback does, but wr can't telegraph with the lower body like that and excpect to get open.

Then from the way he looks Bennett seems like a bust, and he sounds stupid too boot.

You realize they clipped specifically those parts to illustrate their talking point, right?

Don't look so bad here: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8106e63f/Cutler-takes-the-field

c_lazy_r
05-21-2009, 08:54 AM

Yea...Bowlen, McDaniels and the rest of the front office are "novice idiots" compared to the brilliant 26 year old JayCutler...

:oyvey:

kamakazi_kal
05-21-2009, 09:15 AM
I don't have a problem with Sims either, but this idea that QB with a good winning percentage is crap is misguided.

I watched him play last year and I just don't see why everyone is so enamored with him that's all. BTW, just like Cutler his win % means squat on a new team.

Cito Pelon
05-21-2009, 09:16 AM
I think Denver will do fine without Jay. He has some big flaws for a supposed 'franchise QB'. He's not some kind of rare talent that only comes along once in 20 years. He has his good points, has his bad points. There's a lot of current QB's in the League that can do just as well as Cutler, and Orton is one of them.

TheReverend
05-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Yea...Bowlen, McDaniels and the rest of the front office are "novice idiots" compared to the brilliant 26 year old JayCutler...

:oyvey:

He has an agent that's been around the block once or twice before, ya know...

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I think Denver will do fine without Jay. He has some big flaws for a supposed 'franchise QB'. He's not some kind of rare talent that only comes along once in 20 years. He has his good points, has his bad points. There's a lot of current QB's in the League that can do just as well as Cutler, and Orton is one of them.

His biggest negative is his type 1 diabetes. He won't have a long career because of it.

BroncoInSkinland
05-21-2009, 10:05 AM
His biggest negative is his type 1 diabetes. He won't have a long career because of it.

This is one of the few Cutler knocks I tend to agree with. My fiancee has type 1 diabetes and as such I am fairly familiar with it. It isn't the death sentence it used to be, although most people who are diagnosed with it will eventually die of complications related to the disease, it just takes much longer now. The real problem is that any injuries Jay suffers will likely take longer to heal. I think Jays career will be a few years shorter than the average QB as a result of the disease, but with consistant monitoring and treatment of his blood sugar levels it probably won't affect him in game too much.

DBroncos4life
05-21-2009, 10:22 AM
No, I don't remember.

I think he was talking about the 2007 season that would have been a couple years ago.

24champ
05-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Orton is just stopgap QB for the Broncos. He isn't the long term solution, and nobody knows exactly if it's either Orton or Simms on opening day.

Next years draft we will find the QBOTF for the Broncos.

Hulamau
05-21-2009, 10:28 AM
I've been trying to avoid the Cutler debate recently as there isn't a whole lot new being added, but here I have to disagree. If Cutler manages to push the Bears between the 20's, I think Forte will do an awful lot toward improving his red-zone efficiency. This is bad news for us as it drops our pick next year, but I don't think the red zone will be their problem. If they do have issues it will be Jay not dealing well with pressure thanks to the drop in quality on his line, and his receiving corp dropping balls. The former I don't see as a big chance, I am pinning my hopes for a high draft pick on the latter.

Most of Cutler's problem in the red zone in Chicago will likely be, in my view, trying to thread the needle in the end zone and at the goal line with those WR's and with only Forte and Olsen as decent receiving options. The RB &TE can help, but will be double-teamed down there immediately.

Actually though, with their insanely easy schedule I think the only way we get the better end of the draft pick is if Cutler gets injured early and misses a substantial part of the season. If we could swap schedules with them Id be FAR happier with Seattle having our pick.

I would have preferred we gave Seattle the bears pick, but I don't fault McD for still taking Alphonso and giving up out 1st next year for it.

Fonze is a clear solid first round talent with what looks to be rare ball-hawking skills and I think he's going to be a gem for us for a long time as he matures his considerable skill under the tutelage of Champ and Wolverine!

McD & Xanders had like a few minutes to make the deal and no time to bargain back and forth, so I understand it and perhaps it still turns out in our favor, stranger things have happened.

~Crash~
05-21-2009, 10:41 AM
not at all. i just don't think Jay getting pummeled because the line can't give him time to find an open receiver, or with terrible receivers, i can't see any way that he still puts up numbers anywhere near what he did in Denver. Add in that he had i think something like 25 turnovers(18 INTs) with good receiving weapons, and a line that kept his uniform clean, and i can't see any way that number drops without a line or receiving weapons. his only real weapons are Forte and Olsen and those 2 are not going to keep his numbers where they were last season.

i truly feel Jay is in for a rude awakening in Chicago when he sees he had it made here in Denver and he whined and b****ed his way out of a good situation with a good line and receiving weapons that he no longer has.

the dude is in for another dose of what he went through in college.

I bet you wanted us to draft the LT the bears did in last years draft....;) yes he did not play last year but I think he will this year .

c_lazy_r
05-21-2009, 10:48 AM
He has an agent that's been around the block once or twice before, ya know...

one that likes drama and headlines...

TonyR
05-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Are you stupid? How many WR/TE injuries did Denver have in 2007? Walker, Scheffler, Stokely all missed time with injuries. Jay went on to have respectable numbers, 20 TD's vs. 14 INT with 3500 yds.

Am I stupid?

You're a fraud. Here's the exact quote of yours I was commenting on:

I Remember two years ago, the guy was throwing to an old relic like Brandon Stokely, along with Glen Martinez and kept the offense producing.

You made it sound like Stoke and Martinez were Cutler's only options while conveniently leaving Marshall and Scheffler, among others, out of your "argument". Come on, at least pretend to keep it real. Martinez was the 7th leading receiver on the team.

You keep believing that Cutler is the second coming. We'll know for sure at the end of this season, right? Either that or the Cutler fanboys like yourself will come up with another litany of excuses...

azbroncfan
05-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Between that video and the sportscenter highlights outside of the TE in Chicago the bears suck at WR. Probably the worst in the league. They better get Plax. Olsen and Forte were the two top recievers last year and that doesn't bode well for Jay since he doesn't know how to check down and perfers to show off his arm and chuck it into double coverage. Did anyone see the typical Cutler deep ball on sportscenter this AM? It wasn't even close to the reciever.

~Crash~
05-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Completely correct.

I see Jay playing very well in Chicago. Remember two years ago, the guy was throwing to an old relic like Brandon Stokely, along with Glen Martinez and kept the offense producing. I see the same thing happening with Chicago except they have better WR's than those two. They have some guys that are really going to benefit from playing with Jay. The fact that he's going to have a stud running game to boot is only going to enhance how affective he is.

But hey, we shouldn't ruin the hater party for anybody around this joint. People have their mind made up about how it went down, ORTON is the ultimate WINNER and Denver pulled the carpet from under the Bears feet.

:thumbs:

~Crash~
05-21-2009, 11:19 AM
when is it you bet on who you think will win the SB ?

kamakazi_kal
05-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Didn't our boy wonder have trouble keeping this guy out of the starting lineup?

May 20, 2009 06:45 PM CDT
Grossman expects to be in NFL next season
The News
The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that Rex Grossman expects to be playing in the NFL next season. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, indicated that they are not considering any other leagues for next season.
Our View
Grossman has not been getting any looks from the NFL so far, but he and his agent seem confident he will be in the league next season. He may be better served going to the UFL, where he could be a starter and audition for a job that way. He has no fantasy value no matter where he goes.

www.fanball.com

rovolution
05-21-2009, 11:25 AM
lol front page pic on ESPNs NFL section

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0521/chicago_cutler_288.jpg

~Crash~
05-21-2009, 11:29 AM

lets make one of these for Orton ! but in

kamakazi_kal
05-21-2009, 11:30 AM

ha ha .... that's freakin horrible. Hair ain't nearly emo enough and he looks like his blood sugar maybe a tad low.

BroncoInSkinland
05-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Most of Cutler's problem in the red zone in Chicago will likely be, in my view, trying to thread the needle in the end zone and at the goal line with those WR's and with only Forte and Olsen as decent receiving options. The RB &TE can help, but will be double-teamed down there immediately. You could be right here, but I think the focus on Jay will take enough pressure off Forte to let him get it across the line on the ground. Simple difference of opinion here, we will just have to wait and see.

Actually though, with their insanely easy schedule I think the only way we get the better end of the draft pick is if Cutler gets injured early and misses a substantial part of the season. If we could swap schedules with them Id be FAR happier with Seattle having our pick. Swapping schedules would be nice, I doubt Chicago would do much better against SD x2, PIT, BAL, NE, IND, WAS, NYG, PHI, and DAL. I wish Josh had thought of the schedule when we were making the trade, but it is what it is. I do think Chicagos good defense + below average offense outweighs our great offense + attrocious defense, but only slightly. As far as Cutler getting injured, I am sure that you didn't intend that to be rooting for a player to get hurt, so I am not going to comment on it other than that.

I would have preferred we gave Seattle the bears pick, but I don't fault McD for still taking Alphonso and giving up out 1st next year for it. Agreed, Smith has huge potential and CB will be a position of great need within the next few years, good pick. I have never had a problem with this aside from it being an expensive option and thinking Brace could have been good for our line, but we have been through that one already as well.

Fonze is a clear solid first round talent with what looks to be rare ball-hawking skills and I think he's going to be a gem for us for a long time as he matures his considerable skill under the tutelage of Champ and Wolverine!Don't forget Davis here. I am not high on Andra's on field abilities, he has definately lost a step, but for veteran leadership he ranks right up with the two you mentioned. Granted he is a LB not a DB, but I would venture that he will add a few insights to all our young defensive players.

McD & Xanders had like a few minutes to make the deal and no time to bargain back and forth, so I understand it and perhaps it still turns out in our favor, stranger things have happened.

Solid take overall, I agree with you on several points and it would be awesome if it turns in our favor, though I seriously doubt it. I tend to give McDaniels a bye on the trade. There are many worse things than losing a few slots off a pick, even a first rounder, to get a guy you are impressed with. Really my point of contention is the Bears having problems in the red zone. I don't think they will, others including you, do. We will see, and I will continue to hope that I am wrong. Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time.

Bronco Yoda
05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Most of Cutler's problem in the red zone in Chicago will likely be, in my view, trying to thread the needle in the end zone and at the goal line with those WR's and with only Forte and Olsen as decent receiving options. The RB &TE can help, but will be double-teamed down there immediately.

Actually though, with their insanely easy schedule I think the only way we get the better end of the draft pick is if Cutler gets injured early and misses a substantial part of the season. If we could swap schedules with them Id be FAR happier with Seattle having our pick.

I would have preferred we gave Seattle the bears pick, but I don't fault McD for still taking Alphonso and giving up out 1st next year for it.

Fonze is a clear solid first round talent with what looks to be rare ball-hawking skills and I think he's going to be a gem for us for a long time as he matures his considerable skill under the tutelage of Champ and Wolverine!

Another solid take. You're not going to be well received at this kiddie card table however. The kiddos are still throwing cutler cake at each other while picking their noses with the sporks. Ha!

All Cutler lovers please relocate to a bears board nearest you. thank you :sunshine:

Cito Pelon
05-21-2009, 11:57 AM

The News
The Chicago Sun-Times is reporting that Rex Grossman expects to be playing in the NFL next season. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, indicated that they are not considering any other leagues for next season.
Our View
Grossman has not been getting any looks from the NFL so far, but he and his agent seem confident he will be in the league next season. He may be better served going to the UFL, where he could be a starter and audition for a job that way. He has no fantasy value no matter where he goes.

www.fanball.com

Orton didn't have a problem winning the starting job in 2008. Pay attention to reality, it makes one's posts much more efficacious.

kamakazi_kal
05-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Orton didn't have a problem winning the starting job in 2008. Pay attention to reality, it makes one's posts much more efficacious.

I was asking a question ............ thanks for the awnser .... smart as$

Tombstone RJ
05-21-2009, 12:31 PM

If he takes care of himself, this should not be a factor in his NFL career. But, over 30-40 years or so, then yes, it will effect him.

Hulamau
05-21-2009, 12:45 PM

The News
Our View

www.fanball.com

That was far more on Lovely and Turner having another love fest with what they thought was their strong arm fantasy boy. They hardly had a QB contest, it was Grossman's job to lose. Orton wasn't 'their' guy.

Below is a pix of Jay with his two new backup QB ....Brett Basenez and CSU's Calib Hanie! Sure, I bet he's gonna get a lot of help from these guys :-)

God almighty, if Cutler goes down we're getting the number 1 pick next year!

ON the Bears web site under Brett Basanez (2nd yr QB from Northwestern) Under his name is says:

"Bio and Experience ... Coming soon!" 8')

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
If he takes care of himself, this should not be a factor in his NFL career. But, over 30-40 years or so, then yes, it will effect him.

He could take care of himself and still be hindered by it. I think it's the best thing for us in the trade. Not that I want him to fail or anything like that, but it's just a possibilty.

Blueflame
05-21-2009, 01:06 PM
lets make one of these for Orton ! but in

We can't do that, ~Crash~. Broncos #18 (Tripucka's number) is one of the 3 retired numbers. Orton will be wearing #8.

BroncoMan4ever
05-21-2009, 01:14 PM
You forget to take into account what we're facing next year defensively... I think we are going against 6-7 of the top 10 defenses from last year.

people are putting entirely way too much stock into what the schedule looks like. the NFC East isn't a tough as people make it out to be.

the Giants are the cream of the crop in that division and their biggest strength their DL goes against our biggest strength our OL, so it becomes a wash. add in that they don't have anyone who can take Burress spot and duplicate his performance, it makes it a game Denver can win. Dallas, is a huge disappointment every year, Washington and Phily are off an on on a week to week basis. NE is a tough game, but McDaniels knows how to play them, and it will probably turn into a shootout of who has the ball last. SD is rough but we will split the series with them, their time has passed and they are not as dominant over the division as they used to be. KC and Oakland are the usual tough division games. 10-6 is not out of the question at all for this team

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are the only 2 teams on our schedule that i don't think we have a chance against.

BroncoMan4ever
05-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Don't forget, McDaniels originally wanted Cassel as his QB, not Orton, so it is not realistic to think that they are equal quarterbacks. Also, you make it sound like jumping your passing yards by 10% to get to 4000 is no big deal.

You dismiss Orton's numbers by blaming his teammates, but if you read the reports about Orton in Chicago last year, he was extremely immobile, could not escape from even one defender, Ron Turner took out just about everything deep in the playbook because Orton was incapable of making those plays, and Chicago faced a lot of 8 man fronts because no one feared Orton.

There is no doubt on paper that Denver has better receiving options, but it remains to be seen whether Orton can properly utilize them. New England was about a 50/50 run/pass team last year, and I would think that Denver will run even more than that to shorten the game and protect the defense. That will also lead to fewer passing yards. I don't see any way that Orton will pass for 4,000 yards this season, but he should pass 3,000 for the first time in his career.

I am not dismissing Orton's numbers simply because of a lack of weapons. but it is a legit reason that having terrible receivers, and no time to throw the ball that his numbers would drop.

McDaniels also was adament in making sure we got Orton along with picks in the Cutler trade, so he saw what kind of QB Orton was and wanted him, because he thinks he could turn him into this years Cassel.

add in, we have too many receiving weapons for McDaniels to just decide to run all game. we are going to be a balanced offense, with the run setting up the pass. and Orton is not completely immobile, like is said so often. he isn't going to scramble and run for positive yardage, but he knows how to slide and maneuver in the pocket to buy himself an extra second to get rid of the ball. in this offense, with our weapons and line i don't see any way he doesn't succeed.

BroncoMan4ever
05-21-2009, 01:32 PM
I bet you wanted us to draft the LT the bears did in last years draft....;) yes he did not play last year but I think he will this year .

so you're trying to turn a Jay Cutler debate into a pissing match about myself(and probably 75% of this board) wanting Chris Williams last season. Wow you are a moron.

to begin with, Clady was expected to be gone in the top 10, so i didn't even think about possibly getting him in the 1st place, so i was looking at guys who would be available, add in his terrible Wonderlic score and yes I thought Chris Williams would have been a good draft pick.

kamakazi_kal
05-21-2009, 01:32 PM
I am not dismissing Orton's numbers simply because of a lack of weapons. but it is a legit reason that having terrible receivers, and no time to throw the ball that his numbers would drop.

McDaniels also was adament in making sure we got Orton along with picks in the Cutler trade, so he saw what kind of QB Orton was and wanted him, because he thinks he could turn him into this years Cassel.

add in, we have too many receiving weapons for McDaniels to just decide to run all game. we are going to be a balanced offense, with the run setting up the pass. and Orton is not completely immobile, like is said so often. he isn't going to scramble and run for positive yardage, but he knows how to slide and maneuver in the pocket to buy himself an extra second to get rid of the ball. in this offense, with our weapons and line i don't see any way he doesn't succeed.

Or he just didn't want to enter the season with Simms and Hackney.

BroncoMan4ever
05-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Or he just didn't want to enter the season with Simms and Hackney.

since you seem so down on the team. how about a little bet? twenty bucks says Orton wins the starting job and has a really good season in Denver, and gets us to at least 9-7

kamakazi_kal
05-21-2009, 01:49 PM
since you seem so down on the team. how about a little bet? twenty bucks says Orton wins the starting job and has a really good season in Denver, and gets us to at least 9-7

I'm not going to bet against the Broncos. That would mean I'm not a Bronco fan .... and that's just not the case.

I'm just saying in that trade you have to get Orton. You get him cause you can't enter the season with just Simms and Hackney at QB (I do want simms to start though) You try to make it out like Mcd just gushes for Orton and if that's the case why not a more cap friendly extention?

Hell I can't even rembember if we had Simms on the roster before the trade went down. Let's face it take a look at the current FA at the QB position and the release of Hackney .... if you don't get some type of starting calibur QB were screwed. That's why I think Mcd was also flirting with the idea of trading for the guy from Buffalo.

Oh and I think if we make 9-7 it'll be on the legs of Moreno ....... Orton isn't going to win a game by himself and to credit any wins to just Orton is BS. Ask forte.

Beantown Bronco
05-21-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm not going to bet against the Broncos. That would mean I'm not a Bronco fan .... and that's just not the case.

I'm a Bronco fan, but if someone comes up to me and says that the Broncos will win the SB this year and he is willing to bet $ that they do, I'm taking that bet.

rastaman
05-21-2009, 02:02 PM
QB Rating - 89.4
Completions - 327
Attempts - 516
Passing Yards - 3693
TDs - 21
INTs - 11

QB Rating - 79.6
Completions - 272
Attempts - 465
Passing Yards - 2972
TDs - 18
INTs - 12

You mean Orton's numbers "SHOULD" SKY ROCKET.

DarkHorse30
05-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Bottom line is Denver has had an offseason from hell.

What have you been smoking? Why not look at our "horrible" offseason, and what we ****canned....

1) Shanahan's coaching/gameplanning. Can you say old and stale? The guy nearly Holmgren'd his way out of a HOF slot, if you ask me.

2) Slowick, best friend of Shanahan (presumably, right?), engineer of the worst defense that I can remember (and I have a reasonably long memory)

3) Cutler. Unless you count the titillation factor (making Elway-ites hard for another rocketarm), Cutler has not done anything for Denver. He threw his "friends" under the bus when he quit. That doesn't exactly sound like a "team"-mate, to me.....does it to you?

All in all, I would say Bowlen finally got sick enough to puke-away the flu.

footstepsfrom#27
05-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Tom Landry used to say it takes 5 years to truly develop a great quarterback. But would would he know eh?

oubronco
05-21-2009, 02:29 PM

and he still SUCKS

Punisher
05-21-2009, 02:30 PM
QB Rating - 89.4
Completions - 327
Attempts - 516
Passing Yards - 3693
TDs - 21
INTs - 11

QB Rating - 79.6
Completions - 272
Attempts - 465
Passing Yards - 2972
TDs - 18
INTs - 12

BroncoMan4ever Makes a good point here,even tho I think Orton isn't a Pro Bowl QB he might have a good year.If he hits 3,000 yards it won't shock me at all but if he hits 4,000 then McD is a genius.

But it all falls back on the D at the end of the day.IF we can stop teams from scoring 20 points a game i think we can make it back to the Playoff.

rastaman
05-21-2009, 02:36 PM
QB Rating - 89.4
Completions - 327
Attempts - 516
Passing Yards - 3693
TDs - 21
INTs - 11

QB Rating - 79.6
Completions - 272
Attempts - 465
Passing Yards - 2972
TDs - 18
INTs - 12

You mean Orton's numbers "SHOULD" SKY ROCKET. Orton now has the WR's but that isn't to say they will all mesh together and fire on all cylinders.

According to Bear fans Orton isn't a very good passing QB. Let's not forget that our WR's must stay healthy. Scheffler has got have some luck and get over the injury bug. Marshall has got to keep his head screwed on right, he's just one more misconduct away from facing some serious suspension time. Stockely is "Long-In-The Tooth" and has had injury problems as well.

We won't know until after the season is over what type of numbers Orton will put up. I'd say anywhere from 3100-3600 yards, 18-24 td's, and 12-17 interceptions. Not bad numbers in a rebuilding year and getting insync with his WR's.

Orton will have to make me into a believer.......I have my doubts. Orton will need to prove it on the field.

BroncoMan4ever
05-21-2009, 02:39 PM
BroncoMan4ever Makes a good point here,even tho I think Orton isn't a Pro Bowl QB he might have a good year.If he hits 3,000 yards it won't shock me at all but if he hits 4,000 then McD is a genius.

But it all falls back on the D at the end of the day.IF we can stop teams from scoring 20 points a game i think we can make it back to the Playoff.

i can't help but think that the defense dumping bad coaching and losing the dead weight players, and replacing them with character, hard working guys along with vocal veteran leaders like Dawkins and Andra that our defense will be better.

plus with a return to a good running game we can control the clock a little more and keep the defense off the field, and limit the points they allow.

i will be shocked if this team allows more than an average of 21 a game

Pick Six
05-21-2009, 02:40 PM
You mean Orton's numbers "SHOULD" SKY ROCKET. Orton now has the WR's but that isn't to say they will all mesh together and fire on all cylinders.

According to Bear fans Orton isn't a very good passing QB. Let's not forget that our WR's must stay healthy. Scheffler has got have some luck and get over the injury bug. Marshall has got to keep his head screwed on right, he's just one more misconduct away from facing some serious suspension time. Stockely is "Long-In-The Tooth" and has had injury problems as well.

We won't know until after the season is over what type of numbers Orton will put up. I'd say anywhere from 3100-3600 yards, 18-24 td's, and 12-17 interceptions. Not bad numbers in a rebuilding year and getting insync with his WR's.

Orton will have to make me into a believer.......I have my doubts. Orton will need to prove it on the field.

Season predictions are ALWAYS subject to change, due to the injury bug. If the receivers DO stay away from major injuries, Orton will be fine...

rastaman
05-21-2009, 02:45 PM

I'm just saying in that trade you have to get Orton. You get him cause you can't enter the season with just Simms and Hackney at QB (I do want simms to start though) You try to make it out like Mcd just gushes for Orton and if that's the case why not a more cap friendly extention?

Hell I can't even rembember if we had Simms on the roster before the trade went down. Let's face it take a look at the current FA at the QB position and the release of Hackney .... if you don't get some type of starting calibur QB were screwed. That's why I think Mcd was also flirting with the idea of trading for the guy from Buffalo.

Oh and I think if we make 9-7 it'll be on the legs of Moreno ....... Orton isn't going to win a game by himself and to credit any wins to just Orton is BS. Ask forte.

Good points. Orton will need to prove to himself, McD, and the fans that he is not a "Journeyman" QB in the NFL. Orton has a much better cast of Wr's now versus what he had with the Bears.

The table is perfectly set for Orton to prove everyone wrong.

Punisher
05-21-2009, 02:45 PM
I can't wait until week 3 of Pre-season I wonder what the crowd what do when Cutler comes out.I think All bronco fans are 60-40 on McD side now.

2KBack
05-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Tom Landry used to say it takes 5 years to truly develop a great quarterback. But would would he know eh?

well he did only really develop one...more than I did for sure, but still not a great sample size.

rastaman
05-21-2009, 03:04 PM
I hope Jay pulls a 'Walt Harris' and gets knocked out for the season--I was a huge backer of Jay's during his time in Denver and during the impasse, but now that his new team's success is directly tied to an asset that we own, I hope he doesn't play a down this year for CHI. An 0-16 record for CHI is my rooting interest but I fear a more than likely 11-5 season for them and pick in the mid 20's for us........

The only reason I'm hoping the Bears win 3-5 games is b/c this would be the best chance for the Bears offering Shanhan the job in 2010. Lovee Smith has already had 3 consecutive loosing seasons since guiding the Bears to the SB. Four consecutive loosing season greatly increases the chance of Shanahan and Cutler reuniting.

Also, as far as where we draft with the Bears number one pick, the draft isn't an exact science and players drafted 1-10 in the first round have been busts. Its very difficult predicting whether you can find an All Pro--HOF player just b/c you drafted that player in the top 5 or 10.

kamakazi_kal
05-21-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm a Bronco fan, but if someone comes up to me and says that the Broncos will win the SB this year and he is willing to bet $ that they do, I'm taking that bet.

Problem is at 9 - 7 that possible wildcard berth ...... I'm not going to root for us not to make the playoffs. Once the ball starts flying all this offseason BS is over with.

broncofan7
05-21-2009, 03:35 PM
The only reason I'm hoping the Bears win 3-5 games is b/c this would be the best chance for the Bears offering Shanhan the job in 2010. Lovee Smith has already had 3 consecutive loosing seasons since guiding the Bears to the SB. Four consecutive loosing season greatly increases the chance of Shanahan and Cutler reuniting.

Also, as far as where we draft with the Bears number one pick, the draft isn't an exact science and players drafted 1-10 in the first round have been busts. Its very difficult predicting whether you can find an All Pro--HOF player just b/c you drafted that player in the top 5 or 10.

I want Sam Bradford--so if we get the #1 pick--we can get our QBOTF.

watermock
05-21-2009, 03:51 PM
We gave up the chance of getting Bradford by trading our #1 in '10.

Of couse, it won't matter 'cause McDummy is grooming the next Tom B.

footstepsfrom#27
05-21-2009, 05:53 PM
well he did only really develop one...more than I did for sure, but still not a great sample size.
Don Meredith? Ring a bell?

footstepsfrom#27
05-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Would we take him though?

watermock
05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Would we take him though?

No. He won't be on Mcdummy's index card.

epicSocialism4tw
05-21-2009, 07:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8106e68f/Cutler-s-supporting-cast

Be careful what you wish for .,, you got yourself some 'stud' WR to throw too now :thumbs:

Any bets on Cutler repeating a 4500 yrd season any time soon???

Must people keep posting this crap?

Jay plays for the Bears now. Fawn over McD and shut the piehole. You got what you wanted.

Circle Orange
05-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Well, he's certainly fixed himself to a franchise known for developing qbs. I figure week eight he'll be a wreck...

Turner: "Jay, here's our offense. Hand off on first and second down..."
Cutler: "But coach..."
Turner: "On third down, throw a BOMB."
Cutler: "But that won't win in the NFL..."
Turner: "Sure it will! We squeezed a superbowl appearance out of this! Don't worry, we've got plenty of receivers!"
Cutler: "All I see is a return man that runs fly patterns, and slow third stringers."
Turner: "Now, be nice. These are your new teammates...you'll have a nice running game!"
Cutler: "But...Forte isn't an every down back!"
Turner: "SSSH...don't say that out loud!"
Cutler: "Even the tight end drops balls, for cripes sake."
Turner: (winks) "Yeah, but he sure can RUN, though!"

Lovie (facepalms) "JAY IS OUR QUARTERBACK..."

:clown:

2KBack
05-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Don Meredith? Ring a bell?

Calling him GREAT is a little much. I know it's a different era and all, but even back then it was nice to complete more than half your passes

rastaman
05-21-2009, 08:11 PM

Bradford will probably be the #1 pick which means the team that will be in the position to draft number 1 will qualify with 2-4 wins. I think its safe to say the Bears will win btwn 6-11 games this season.

rastaman
05-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Must people keep posting this crap?

Jay plays for the Bears now. Fawn over McD and shut the piehole. You got what you wanted.

Oh put a Cork In It!!!

You can be both Bronco and Bears Fan. Now should the Broncos and Bears meet in the SB one day.....then you should root for the Broncos.

Blind Tunnel Vision Team Loyalty is plain stupid IMHO!

footstepsfrom#27
05-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Calling him GREAT is a little much. I know it's a different era and all, but even back then it was nice to complete more than half your passes
Well 50.7 is more than half...more to the point, he was All Pro x 2 and NFL Player of the Year in 1966 so I'd say that's close enough.

Hulamau
05-22-2009, 11:29 PM

Why not see who wins the job before throwing Orton under the bus. Orton was damn good at Purdue running a spread offense and still without any where near the proportional and relative talent versus his competition as he will have here in Denver with this offensive line and many weapons.

And look more carefully at his first 7 or 8 games last year before that serious ankle injury that made him really immobile and with little power to throw from for most of the rest of the season, He threw 8 of his 12 INT's during that first 5 game stretch after the injury when he shouldn't have bee n playing at all with a 3rd degree high ankle sprain of that severity ... worst than a broken bone!

I'm sure you can find some of them on some torrent floating around. Orton was not only good in those games, he was really good, and hands down the MVP of the Bears ... and was even a hot topic on a lot of talk shows at the time ... I clearly remember Marino, Bob Costas and Chris Carter yacking Orton up as one to watch on NFL This Week about mid way through the season ( or whatever that show is named on HBO?)

In any event, he's not some incompetent boob, so why not at least wait until end of training camp to brand him a wash out here? If Simms wins the job outright, then all power to him... it will mean he deserved it, but who ever wins is going to have to earn it.

Plus, if you want to be precise about it NO ONE wins the game by themselves .. Just ask Terrell Davis and Mark Jackson.

Circle Orange
05-23-2009, 04:51 AM
Orton is just stopgap QB for the Broncos. He isn't the long term solution, and nobody knows exactly if it's either Orton or Simms on opening day.

Next years draft we will find the QBOTF for the Broncos.

It would be weird if Cutler were actually a stopgap in Chicago, and Orton takes on well in Denver. The NFL is a strange beast, which gives promises to no man.

I'm not an Orton fan necessarily, but I will say if anyone thinks he has a weak arm or can't get the ball upfield, they are clueless...there isn't any great 'dropoff in talent' because again, all people are babbling about is arm strength. Neither Orton nor Cutler runs a 4.5, last time I checked. The mute button is a wonderful thing. It lets you use your eyes and common sense. :sunshine:

cutthemdown
05-23-2009, 04:57 AM
I can't wait to see how it all works out.

DENVER BRONCOS FOOTBALL-SOAP OPERA FROM MEN.

Join us next week to find out what favorite player gets cut on......DOVE VALLEY BLUES!!!!