PDA

View Full Version : Mike Florio Playoffs KC Yes Denver No

Bronco Rob
05-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Mike Florio

"Six teams that could crash playoff party in '09"

Last year, I tried to predict six playoff teams from 2007 that wouldn't make it back in 2008; six non-playoff teams from 2007 that would replace them; and six non-playoff teams that would remain non-playoff teams in 2008.

Since my success rate was roughly equivalent to the turnover rate of playoff teams from one year to the next, I figure it makes sense to try it again.

Chiefs

Last year, a claim that the Dolphins or Falcons would reverse their disastrous fortunes and make it to the playoffs would have been met with instructions to submit to reasonable-cause drug testing.

This year, everyone is looking for the next team to make the same stunning turnaround.

The candidates are the Lions, who won zero games in 2008, and the Chiefs, who actually have won fewer games over the past two seasons that the Lions.

But the Chiefs were competitive in more than a few of their games last season, and they've added the man who nearly carried the Pats to the playoffs in the absence of Tom Brady.

Besides, K.C. plays in a wide-open division, where a .500 record was good enough to get to the playoffs last season.

So my (Delaware) money is on the Chiefs.

Which likely means the Lions will be the team to make a Fins/Falcons-style turnaround.

for the rest...........

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=549179

OH WAIT...IT GETS BETTER!

Mike Florio

Six NFL teams that could be home again for the playoffs

Now that I've listed six 2008 playoff teams that won't get back to the postseason in 2009 and six non-playoff teams that will take their places, common sense and a copy of the league's lineup of teams will permit a list of the other 14 non-playoff teams to be generated fairly easily.

But this is a three-part series. So I've got to emphasize six of those non-playoff teams from 2008 that will remain non-playoff teams in 2009. Otherwise, it'll throw the whole thing off.

So here's six who didn't make it last year and whom some might think will make it back, but I don't.

2. Denver Broncos

The good news for the Broncos is they play in a bad division.

The bad news for the Broncos is they're a lot worse than they were in 2008.

Weeks after the fact, the decision to trade quarterback Jay Cutler remains vexing. Regardless of whether coach Josh McDaniels decided he preferred Matt Cassel or whether McDaniels simply didn't want Cutler or whether Cutler simply didn't want McDaniels, a team should not be giving up a young franchise quarterback for any amount of draft picks or players.

So now the job falls to Kyle Orton, who couldn't do much of anything on a Bears team that had an excellent defense. He'll likely have an even harder time on a team with a mediocre defense.

But, hey, at least they have more tailbacks than former Broncos tailback Travis Henry has kids.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=550099

Doggcow
05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
lol, yeah, the Lions are going to make the playoffs. What a tard.

KCStud
05-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Well now that KC has a legit QB, I could see it happening with how weak this division is

Bronco Rob
05-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Well now that KC has a legit QB, I could see it happening with how weak this division is

Legit?

Give Tyler Thigpen : Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabbar Gaffney, Ben Watson and that O-line filled with pro bowlers he'd be "legit" I guess....

ROFL!

Bob's your Information Minister
05-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Bronco Rob, you are the ultimate homer.

telluride
05-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm not going to get into an extended rant about how dumb Florio is, and in fact I love that the Broncos are being dismissed by pretty much everyone.

I do, however, think that the team will improve on last year's record simply as a result of better and more effective coaching. For the past 5 years or so, Shanny had been a very mediocre coach -- one which the players had grown tired of. He was predictable, often distracted, and often unprepared in games. He was coaching like a man in his 50s who had little left to prove and who had other concerns in his life (giant houses and all). Now swap that out with a first-time coach in his 30s, who will be working 24 hours a day, who has a massive chip on his shoulder and outsized motivation, and who has shown both creativity on the field and a pretty intense focus off of it. I think we're going to be just fine, actually.

SureShot
05-19-2009, 07:05 PM
"But, hey, at least they have more tailbacks than former Broncos tailback Travis Henry has kids."

LOL!

KCStud
05-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Legit?

Give Tyler Thigpen : Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabbar Gaffney, Ben Watson and that O-line filled with pro bowlers he'd be "legit" I guess....

ROFL!

That offensive line helped give up 48 sacks(31st in NFL) after giving up only 21 the year before. They also had no real RB to help the running game. In fact, there were only 3 times last season when a Patriots RB had over 100 yards rushing in a game. It was so bad that they signed Lamont Jordan.
And I hate to burst your bubble, but Gaffney really isn't that good. He blew multiple opportunities and had only 2 TD's when teams put their best DB's on Moss and Welker and Watson is an average at best TE.

To say Cassel was successful because of his surrounding talent is stupid.

Doggcow
05-19-2009, 07:18 PM
That offensive line helped give up 48 sacks(31st in NFL) after giving up only 21 the year before. They also had no real RB to help the running game. In fact, there were only 3 times last season when a Patriots RB had over 100 yards rushing in a game. It was so bad that they signed Lamont Jordan.
And I hate to burst your bubble, but Gaffney really isn't that good. He blew multiple opportunities and had only 2 TD's when teams put their best DB's on Moss and Welker and Watson is an average at best TE.

If there were the same guys on the Oline and they gave up that many more sacks with a DIFFERENT QB, I wouldn't be looking at the Oline.

KCStud
05-19-2009, 07:38 PM
If there were the same guys on the Oline and they gave up that many more sacks with a DIFFERENT QB, I wouldn't be looking at the Oline.

Valid argument but I doubt Cassel was responsible for giving up 2X as many sacks. This same offensive line got Brady hurt against the worst pass rushing team in NFL history. Let's not forget that.

McDman
05-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Here is my opinion, for5give me I'm drunk. I think overall we are a better team. Our safeties are ten times better and I believe our D-line is too.

Yet I can see our record being worse bc our strength of schedule.

Irish Stout
05-19-2009, 07:47 PM
just keep underestimating. The Broncos have always been an underdog team. When the primary NFL media outlets are against us we seem to do fairly well.

BroncoMan4ever
05-19-2009, 07:58 PM

everyone aside from the Raiders has a legit shot in the AFC West.

Inkana7
05-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Valid argument but I doubt Cassel was responsible for giving up 2X as many sacks. This same offensive line got Brady hurt against the worst pass rushing team in NFL history. Let's not forget that.

The only variable was the QB. Or are you really that dumb?

GreatBronco16
05-19-2009, 08:08 PM

Oh heaven forbid if the Oline lets a Dlineman crawl his way and dive on the QBs knee.

DenverBrit
05-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Too many changes and TC hasn't started.
So how would Florio....or anyone else know how these teams will stack up?

Inkana7
05-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Oh heaven forbid if the Oline lets a Dlineman crawl his way and dive on the QBs knee.

It wasn't even the line. It was a safety blitz, the RB picked him up but Pollard didn't quit and lunged at Brady.

GreatBronco16
05-19-2009, 08:24 PM
It wasn't even the line. It was a safety blitz, the RB picked him up but Pollard didn't quit and lunged at Brady.

Even more pathetic of an excuse for KC Dud.

KCStud
05-19-2009, 08:27 PM
The only variable was the QB. Or are you really that dumb?

Yes Inkana Cassel was responsible for 27 more sacks than the year before. Are you sure you aren't that dumb? Hilarious!

cutthemdown
05-19-2009, 08:51 PM
I think SD plays better this yr, doesn't blow a ton of games early, and wins division with a 10-6 or 11-5 record.

Broncos/Chiefs/Raiders will have to fight it out for the wildcard in possible.

I know we said same thing last yr about chargers, but now that people see them as underachievers I think they will play better. Chargers stink when everyone picks them for Superbowl.

cutthemdown
05-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes Inkana Cassel was responsible for 27 more sacks than the year before. Are you sure you aren't that dumb? Hilarious!

Cassel I think will find it tougher in KC, but no doubt he is better then Croyle and Thigpen. You can tell that just from watching the 3 throw a few balls. Cassel more accurate then either of them.

He doesn't avoid sacks really well though. Sliding in the pocket to buy time is something Cassel got better at as last yr progressed.

I think for KC the key will be if the oline continues to improve, Bowe gets more consistent, and they find a replacement for gonzo.

One thing I think losing gonzo will do to chiefs is create a void in leadership in the receiving corps. Leaders as high in stature as Gonzo create a void when they leave and it often takes a yr for the offense to adjust.

All those big chain moving catches will have to be done by someone else now. Bowe will have to step up.

Hercules Rockefeller
05-19-2009, 09:10 PM

Your D gave up all of 8 less points than Denver last year, and LJ and Bowe **might** be the only guys on your offense that would have started in New England. Try again.

DenverBrit
05-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes Inkana Cassel was responsible for 27 more sacks than the year before.

KC has so much more talent than NE, Cassel will hardly get touched.

SoCalBronco
05-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Both teams are going to be crap this year.

NFLBRONCO
05-19-2009, 09:44 PM
If he said no playoffs for us because our DL and loss of QB as well as turnover I'd go fair enough. In some spots we are BETTER then last year. RB S CB alot better LB we are better but, need another addition OL WR TE we are solid. We need more help no doubt but, to say what he did I disagree. Our record could be worse because poor DL and crappy QB play but, our overall team made improvements at least thats something.

rovolution
05-19-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm not going to get into an extended rant about how dumb Florio is, and in fact I love that the Broncos are being dismissed by pretty much everyone.

I do, however, think that the team will improve on last year's record simply as a result of better and more effective coaching. For the past 5 years or so, Shanny had been a very mediocre coach -- one which the players had grown tired of. He was predictable, often distracted, and often unprepared in games. He was coaching like a man in his 50s who had little left to prove and who had other concerns in his life (giant houses and all). Now swap that out with a first-time coach in his 30s, who will be working 24 hours a day, who has a massive chip on his shoulder and outsized motivation, and who has shown both creativity on the field and a pretty intense focus off of it. I think we're going to be just fine, actually.

this tool is still taking pot shots at shanny? even when hes been gone for 5 months now?

DBroncos4life
05-19-2009, 09:51 PM

To call a guy that started one year after high school legit is stupid.

BroncoMan4ever
05-19-2009, 10:16 PM
I think SD plays better this yr, doesn't blow a ton of games early, and wins division with a 10-6 or 11-5 record.

Broncos/Chiefs/Raiders will have to fight it out for the wildcard in possible.

I know we said same thing last yr about chargers, but now that people see them as underachievers I think they will play better. Chargers stink when everyone picks them for Superbowl.

i think SD time has passed. they may win the division by default of the rest of the West being really ****ty and in rebuilding mode, but they aren't going to blow the rest of the division away.

as far as i am concerned there is no real guaranteed team in the West this year.

boltaneer
05-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Chiefs? Playoffs this year?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laughs, Florio! They'll be lucky to not finish in the cellar again this season.

KCStud
05-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Chiefs? Playoffs this year?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the laughs, Florio! They'll be lucky to not finish in the cellar again this season.

Probably not, but one thing we can expect from the Chargers is to crumble. Chargers have big holes just like the rest of the division.

Kaylore
05-19-2009, 10:50 PM
"A lot" worse? A down grade at QB, though maybe not in terms of production with the running game and a better redzone QB. How anyone seeing our defense last year and looking at our team now with the signings and coaches on defense can say we're "a lot worse," I don't know. You want to argue our schedule or the fallout from scheme transition, fine. But that our whole team is "a lot worse" now?
Both teams are going to be crap this year.
Holy crap you're actually not scared of the Chiefs for once!:haw!:

SoCalBronco
05-19-2009, 10:54 PM

The Chiefs will be 12-4 and will rape and pillage all in their path.

/that was for Khan

;D

NFLBRONCO
05-20-2009, 12:07 AM
"A lot" worse? A down grade at QB, though maybe not in terms of production with the running game and a better redzone QB. How anyone seeing our defense last year and looking at our team now with the signings and coaches on defense can say we're "a lot worse," I don't know. You want to argue our schedule or the fallout from scheme transition, fine. But that our whole team is "a lot worse" now?

No doubt

DL QB and Schedule our my biggest concerns going into 09. Do we need more on D of course but, if this staff can actually teach and develop players we won't be bad very long. I always thought teaching pushing players was a weakness in Shanny's era.

RubberDuckie24
05-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Probably not, but one thing we can expect from the Chargers is to crumble. Chargers have big holes just like the rest of the division.

Umm... not really. Chargers are arguably the most stacked team in the league when it comes down to it's roster. The only thing I can think of is possibly a hole or two on their O-line and their safeties. And those "big holes" arn't anything like the ones in the rest of the division.

However, last time i checked Norv is still their head coach, so no worries about them being a serious contender for the Superbowl !Booya!

fdf
05-20-2009, 12:39 AM
"But, hey, at least they have more tailbacks than former Broncos tailback Travis Henry has kids."

LOL!

Is that even possible? You can only have 53 players on your roster.

Hulamau
05-20-2009, 12:46 AM

Yep!

boltaneer
05-20-2009, 01:03 AM

Where are the holes? RubberDuckie is correct. RT and safety are possible concerns still but that's really about it and Kevin Ellison could be a late round steal at safety. Burnett should be an upgrade over Wilhelm/Dobbins (I don't see how it couldn't be). The return of Merriman and English is an upgrade x 1000 over Tucker and Applewhite.

Rivera did a phenomenal job taking over in mid season but let's see what he can do with the defense with a full off season to get them ready.

And yes, the only problem is that Norv is still here. Though I hate to say that he's slowly growing on me.

400HZ
05-20-2009, 04:28 AM

http://www.leisurelasvegas.net/forum/images/smilies/emot-jerkbag.gif

400HZ
05-20-2009, 04:42 AM
Where are the holes? RubberDuckie is correct. RT and safety are possible concerns still but that's really about it and Kevin Ellison could be a late round steal at safety. Burnett should be an upgrade over Wilhelm/Dobbins (I don't see how it couldn't be). The return of Merriman and English is an upgrade x 1000 over Tucker and Applewhite.

Rivera did a phenomenal job taking over in mid season but let's see what he can do with the defense with a full off season to get them ready.

And yes, the only problem is that Norv is still here. Though I hate to say that he's slowly growing on me.

I'm not going to bank on any of the rookies even though this was by far my favorite draft class of the past few years. San Diego's biggest problem by far last year was getting off the field on 3rd down and Shawne Merriman is a proven factor in those situations. Most people legitimately expect Ron Rivera to be more effective than Cottrell was, too.

On offense I think the Chargers will benefit by more of a willingness to get runningbacks other than Tomlinson the ball. Also, the weakess link on the offensive line was removed.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-20-2009, 05:53 AM
Mike Florio good writer? Salient insight? No.

nickademus
05-20-2009, 06:54 AM

To believe that Moss and Welker didnt have anything to do with Cassel's sucess is stupid and in KC his line is swiss cheese his D sucks he has 1 decent reciever and no safety valve @ TE. I think you guys would have been better off with thigpen. but by all means waste that $ on a system QB.

colonelbeef
05-20-2009, 07:23 AM
this tool is still taking pot shots at shanny? even when hes been gone for 5 months now?

haha yep, going to learn the hard way

kdissette
05-20-2009, 08:11 AM
actually its sad, but true

Cool Breeze
05-20-2009, 09:18 AM
This guy is a fag and even looks like one.
I chuckle when anyone lends him credence.

KCStud
05-20-2009, 11:47 AM

Your OT's were very suspect last season. Hell you gave up 5 sacks to KC in 2 games. KC had 10 sacks on you last year. What does that say?
I love Larry English and hate it that you guys got him, but that doesn't help your safeties. Weddle is ok, but other than that you guys are in trouble back there. LT is also declining and Sproles is not an every down back.

I think you will find that your OL will still be ver suspect and pressure will be put on Rivers consistently.

boltaneer
05-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Your OT's were very suspect last season. Hell you gave up 5 sacks to KC in 2 games. KC had 10 sacks on you last year. What does that say?
I love Larry English and hate it that you guys got him, but that doesn't help your safeties. Weddle is ok, but other than that you guys are in trouble back there. LT is also declining and Sproles is not an every down back.

I don't think you know enough about the Charger's o-line to be making statements like this.

I don't like Clary at RT and he's not a favorite among the fans but apparently they see something in him that the fans don't because they have yet to try to upgrade that situation. He's not a total scrub though. He has shown flashes. And no one knows for sure if it was all on Clary or if Goff was the big reason the right side of the line struggled. They both played poorly last year. Forney should be an upgrade over Goff. He was a very solid guard in Atlanta and they also have Vasquez to now groom behind Forney. If it comes down to it, they have L.J. Shelton who could take over for Clary (and I thought he should have last season). I thought he played well when having to fill in for McNeill early last season.

The beginning of the season was rough because Hardwick and McNeill were both out with injuries. Newberry pretty much stunk filling in for Hardwick and that's why he was shown the door. McNeill was able to bounce back and play pretty well for the most part. Hardwick gutted it out but I think he came back to early. Getting those guys back healthy this year will have a big impact as they're both capable of playing at a very high level and have demonstrated so in the past.

You can't forget about Dielman as well. Dielman, Hardwick and McNeill all have played at a Pro-Bowl level. The reason for optimisim this season is because they're healthier this time around. If Forney can play at the level he did in Atlanta, this o-line has the potential to be one of the best in the league.

I think you will find that your OL will still be ver suspect and pressure will be put on Rivers consistently.

This is a funny comment.

If you didn't notice last season, Rivers was under pressure constantly and he was arguably was the best QB in the league last year.

400HZ
05-20-2009, 12:28 PM

Rivers took a crap offensive line and crap run game and turned it into the second highest scoring offense in the league. Bitch about the individual pieces all you want, they got it done. The Chefs inherited the Chargers weakest link on offense anyways, so I don't know why you're pounding your chest. The question for the Chargers this year is whether or not Rivera and Merriman can get the defense to play at the level they were at in 2007.

gyldenlove
05-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Rivers took a crap offensive line and crap run game and turned it into the second highest scoring offense in the league. b**** about the individual pieces all you want, they got it done. The Chefs inherited the Chargers weakest link on offense anyways, so I don't know why you're pounding your chest. The question for the Chargers this year is whether or not Rivera and Merriman can get the defense to play at the level they were at in 2007.

You have a runningback who is not with the team, a running back who is old and coming off a severe injury and a fullback who can't even be called a poor mans Peyton Hillis. I love that offense, hell aside from TE and QB, your offense is worse than ours.

Bronx33
05-20-2009, 01:54 PM

That will stop fairly soon.

400HZ
05-20-2009, 02:14 PM
You have a runningback who is not with the team, a running back who is old and coming off a severe injury and a fullback who can't even be called a poor mans Peyton Hillis. I love that offense, hell aside from TE and QB, your offense is worse than ours.

Second most points in the league. You can wack off about individual pieces all you want, but overall your offense was middle of the road in the one stat that mattered. And now you have Kyle Orton. :)

FYI Sproles is back in camp.

kamakazi_kal
05-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Second most points in the league. You can wack off about individual pieces all you want, but overall your offense was middle of the road in the one stat that mattered. And now you have Kyle Orton. :)

I now hate you ......

TheChamp24
05-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't expect us to be good, but I fail to see how the Broncos are a lot worse than last year. Our defense was just horri-bad last year and it was disgraceful to watch. The way I see it, it CAN'T be that bad, can it? No, it won't be a whole lot better, but it can't be the one that gave up 30+ points nearly every week.
Still, nearly all football fans and media think Denver will be one of the 10 worst teams in the league next year.

boltaneer
05-20-2009, 02:58 PM
That will stop fairly soon.

Heh. I wonder why I still like Marty more. He definitely had more charisma I suppose. Norv is as exciting to listen to as Al Gore. :flower:

But you can say what you want about Norv inheriting Marty's team but he has had far more success in the playoffs. As long as he keeps getting the team into the post season and winning (just win a couple of more in a row will ya?) I can't hate the man.

Bronx33
05-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Heh. I wonder why I still like Marty more. He definitely had more charisma I suppose. Norv is as exciting to listen to as Al Gore. :flower:

But you can say what you want about Norv inheriting Marty's team but he has had far more success in the playoffs. As long as he keeps getting the team into the post season and winning (just win a couple of more in a row will ya?) I can't hate the man.

All i know is hes still riding martys team.

boltaneer
05-20-2009, 03:05 PM
All i know is hes still riding martys team.

All I know is that he's winning in the post season while Marty did his best Cleveland and KC impersonations here.

Bronx33
05-20-2009, 03:19 PM
All I know is that he's winning in the post season while Marty did his best Cleveland and KC impersonations here.

Marty got f**** over his time in the sun was coming only norv took his spot and it f**** you out of a championship.

boltaneer
05-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Marty got ***** over his time in the sun was coming only norv took his spot and it ***** you out of a championship.

Marty's track record says otherwise but you can believe what you want if it makes you feel better. :flower:

And once again, I'm a huge Marty fan but I'm also a realist.

Bronx33
05-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Marty's track record says otherwise but you can believe what you want if it makes you feel better. :flower:

And once again, I'm a huge Marty fan but I'm also a realist.

Nice deflection...:-*

boltaneer
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Nice deflection...:-*

It's not a deflection. In all seriousness, Marty's track record speaks for itself. Sad but true.

2KBack
05-20-2009, 04:14 PM
It's not a deflection. In all seriousness, Marty's track record speaks for itself. Sad but true.

I hope you don't put too much stock in track records with Norv Turner at HC

boltaneer
05-20-2009, 04:23 PM
I hope you don't put too much stock in track records with Norv Turner at HC

Well, so far it's better than Marty's...

JJJ
05-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Denver and KC surprise early but fade in the second half of the season. Both hover around the .500 mark by year end. The Oakland ass beatings start on the first Monday night with a 6 or 7 sack effort by the Bolts and they never really recover. 4 to 5 wins for the Fade.

SD goes as far as injuries allow which is somewhere in the middle of the playoffs if this season is like the last few. If they can have more than 2 of their 4 superstars (Rivers, LT, Gates, Merriman) injury free during the playoffs they have a shot at the show.

I think this year they stay healthy for the playoffs and at least we can judge whether this team ever had the nut sacks to get to the big game.

Unless Rivera can work some miracles I think their defense simply isn't good enough now to get off the field in big games and get it done.

Bronco Rob
05-22-2009, 01:41 PM

Yeah....cuz Dwayne Bowe & Marty Booker are gonna make Cassel forget Moss, Welker, Gaffeny and Watson........:rofl:

Cassel is going to be on his back more than Jenna at the bunnyranch...

good grief...

Punisher
05-22-2009, 01:59 PM
The good news for the Broncos is they play in a bad division.

I'm going to send a bunch of hate mail to this guy when we make it to the playoffs this year

Punisher
05-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by 400HZ http://orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2421698#post2421698)

Oh no! Not Him! B-Dawk is going to turn that little a$$hole into dust

KCStud
05-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah....cuz Dwayne Bowe & Marty Booker are gonna make Cassel forget Moss, Welker, Gaffeny and Watson........:rofl:

Cassel is going to be on his back more than Jenna at the bunnyranch...

good grief...

LMAO Watson and Gaffney are scrubs

Inkana7
05-23-2009, 05:08 AM

And those Moss and Welker guys?

KCStud, master of the pick and choose.

KCStud
05-23-2009, 09:51 AM
And those Moss and Welker guys?

KCStud, master of the pick and choose.

And where did I say Moss and Welker didn't help Cassel? Inkana, you might wanna sit this one out. :rofl:

Bronco Rob
05-23-2009, 03:32 PM
LMAO Bowe and Booker are scrubs

Couldn't agree more..

:thumbs:

Hercules Rockefeller
05-23-2009, 03:38 PM

Who would start for KC

boltaneer
05-23-2009, 05:36 PM
I'll say it again: My prediction is that Mr. System QB will be riding the pine by the end of the year. Welcome back, Mr. Thigpen!

Bob's your Information Minister
05-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Has a less accurate quarterback ever replaced a more accurate one?

Florida_Bronco
05-23-2009, 06:01 PM

You should quit talking about football. It's clear you lack even the most fundamental knowledge of the game.

KCStud
05-23-2009, 09:01 PM
You should quit talking about football. It's clear you lack even the most fundamental knowledge of the game.

Forgive me almighty poster with the best knowledge of football :rofl:

Watson and Gaffney are scrubs. You don't think so? Provide some proof to back up your claim..

Florida_Bronco
05-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Forgive me almighty poster with the best knowledge of football :rofl:

Watson and Gaffney are scrubs. You don't think so? Provide some proof to back up your claim..

:kiddingme

You mean besides being picked in the 1st and 2nd rounds and starting consistently their entire careers while putting up good production?

KCStud
05-23-2009, 11:01 PM
:kiddingme

You mean besides being picked in the 1st and 2nd rounds and starting consistently their entire careers while putting up good production?

Good production? Gaffney had one above average year and that was when the Patriots were the best offense ever. Other than that Gaffney is good for 1 to 2 TD's a season and about 500 yards receiving at best along with drops.
Watson is an average at best TE. He got a lot of TD's in the best offense ever just like Gaffney.
The Patriots just added a TE for a reason..

Florida_Bronco
05-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Good production? Gaffney had one above average year and that was when the Patriots were the best offense ever. Other than that Gaffney is good for 1 to 2 TD's a season and about 500 yards receiving at best along with drops.
Watson is an average at best TE. He got a lot of TD's in the best offense ever just like Gaffney.
The Patriots just added a TE for a reason..

Seriously, why do you do this to yourself? You would have saved alot more face if you just said "you know what, I'm wrong."

KCStud
05-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Seriously, why do you do this to yourself? You would have saved alot more face if you just said "you know what, I'm wrong."

Homer on Florida Bronco....homer on. Keep those homer glasses on Ha!

http://product.images.fansedge.com/31-16/31-16357-P.jpg

Florida_Bronco
05-23-2009, 11:35 PM

It's not even worth debating with you. You take such idiotic stances they couldn't possibly be defended.

KCStud
05-24-2009, 12:00 AM
It's not even worth debating with you. You take such idiotic stances they couldn't possibly be defended.

How about making a valid point next time you try to prove something..

Florida_Bronco
05-24-2009, 12:25 AM
How about making a valid point next time you try to prove something.. What's the point? You're so entrenched in your stupidity that any attempts at logical discussion are futile. Seriously, what else can you say to a kid who refers to players like Gaffney and Watson as "scrubs" ???

Face it. Like Bobo, you are nothing more than a toy we kick around for our own amusement. Your functionality on this forum ceases once we get bored with you.

ZachKC
05-24-2009, 01:40 AM
Could be wrong but...

I think the Broncos generally got worse...the Orton for Cutler switcharoo is a quite a gap and I am not sure the Broncos improved some their weakness on the defensive line. There are some good players on the Broncos. I think McDaniels was a good hire but the way this whole transition went was pretty rough. Don't see a whole lot of improvement early on.

I think Kansas City generally got better. Don't think it will be as much of an improvement as I would like but the QB position will be stronger and I think the defensive scheme will allow some players to do some good things with the strengths they have. Not convinced we improved enough on either side of the line of scrimmage to make overwhelming improvement.

Last year, a Broncos team that IMO was better than this upcoming team will be split the season series with literally one of the worst teams in the history of Kansas City football. I don't see someone thinking that the Chiefs are closer in their journey to being a better team than the Broncos being wildly off base.

KCStud
05-24-2009, 01:51 AM
What's the point? You're so entrenched in your stupidity that any attempts at logical discussion are futile. Seriously, what else can you say to a kid who refers to players like Gaffney and Watson as "scrubs" ???

Face it. Like Bobo, you are nothing more than a toy we kick around for our own amusement. Your functionality on this forum ceases once we get bored with you.

What do you do? Find proof to support your claim. This board is full of homerism. From posts about Cutler being overrated (after this board was sucking him off for 3 years) to threads about Orton being an upgrade.
At least KC fans admitted that Herm was a horrible coach who ruined the team for the most part.
The Broncos have been a below average team since Elway hung it up.
The Broncos are going downhill, like it or not. You thinking that Gaffney is not a scrub says something too. Gaffney has proven over his career to be a #3 WR at best

KCStud
05-24-2009, 01:55 AM
I think the Broncos generally got worse....

Prepared to get blasted because that kinda talk is simply unacceptable on this board! :thumbs:

Zach, I, along with most of the NFL, feel the Broncos have become a much worse team than last season due to Cutler leaving and no additions to the weakest part of the team (defensive line), but here the Broncos are always better than everybody. Their 1 playoff win this decade says so! :rofl:

ZachKC
05-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Prepared to get blasted because that kinda talk is simply unacceptable on this board! :thumbs:
Part of the game no worries.

FB isn't a bad guy but he would probably better off spending more time actually talking about football instead of going on and on about who is worthy to have football opinions and beating his chest about his supposed knowledge. It would be exhausting having to spend that much time trying to convince people of your value on a message board. I couldn't imagine. At some point you have to feel sorry for the guy.

Zach, I, along with most of the NFL, feel the Broncos have become a much worse team than last season due to Cutler leaving and no additions to the weakest part of the team (defensive line), but here the Broncos are always better than everybody. Their 1 playoff win this decade says so! :rofl:

Much worse? Doubtful, in the short term maybe. I don't think it will be a steep decline but in the very short term it doesn't look like good times for the Broncos.

Florida_Bronco
05-24-2009, 02:23 AM
What do you do? Find proof to support your claim. Ok...

You thinking that Gaffney is not a scrub says something too. Gaffney has proven over his career to be a #3 WR at best You have just proven your own statements wrong. Thank you for saving me the trouble.

The rest of your post is pure garbage and not even worth replying to.

ZachKC
05-24-2009, 02:27 AM
not even worth replying to.

http://petersonstory.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/confused-full.jpg

Florida_Bronco
05-24-2009, 02:28 AM
FB isn't a bad guy but he would probably better off spending more time actually talking about football instead of going on and on about who is worthy to have football opinions and beating his chest about his supposed knowledge. And again I ask, what is the point? There are plenty of people here like SheepStud that have proven they lack even the most rudimentary understanding of the game. At some point, it becomes fruitless to play their games and continue is such tiring debate with them.

It would be exhausting having to spend that much time trying to convince people of your value on a message board. I couldn't imagine. At some point you have to feel sorry for the guy. This quote is nothing short of ironic considering it comes from a poster who's behavior on this board I find similar to a wealthy snob who is forced to mingle with the commoners.

Florida_Bronco
05-24-2009, 02:30 AM
http://petersonstory.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/confused-full.jpg

Excellent job. That is exactly the facial expression I had when SheepStud went off on that wild and unrelated tangent.

Guess those photography skills are paying off after all.

ZachKC
05-24-2009, 02:31 AM
And again I ask, what is the point? There are plenty of people here like SheepStud that have proven they lack even the most rudimentary understanding of the game. At some point, it becomes fruitless to play their games and continue is such tiring debate with them.

This quote is nothing short of ironic considering it comes from a poster who's behavior on this board I find similar to a wealthy snob who is forced to mingle with the commoners.

Just trying to make it clear to those of you following at home. These paragraphs were posted right on top of each other.

ZachKC
05-24-2009, 02:32 AM
Excellent job. That is exactly the facial expression I had when SheepStud went off on that wild and unrelated tangent.

Guess those photography skills are paying off after all.

I don't see the big problem. I figure you two kind of have a good thing going. He gets to go back and forth with another poster with his takes and you get to put yourself up on the cross for (allegedly) posting about football.

Seems like everyone is getting what they want out of it.

Florida_Bronco
05-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Just trying to make in plain to those of you following at home. These paragraphs were posted right on top of each other.

Again, excellent work Zach. You've managed to nearly duplicate a post made just a few minutes prior. I'm sure all the little commoners here will appreciate that, however next time could you make the extra effort and place them in large, colorful font? We might miss it if the text is plain, you know?

Florida_Bronco
05-24-2009, 02:37 AM
I don't see the big problem. I figure you two kind of have a good thing going. He gets to go back and forth with another poster with his takes and you get to put yourself up on the cross for (allegedly) posting about football.

Seems like everyone is getting what they want out of it.

You might want to pick up your closest dictionary and re-examine the definition of "martyr" and then come back to edit this post.

ZachKC
05-24-2009, 02:39 AM
FB died for your sins so YOU could make mock drafts!

Florida_Bronco
05-24-2009, 02:40 AM
FB died for your sins so YOU could make mock drafts!

**** that. Every man for themselves.

ZachKC
05-24-2009, 02:42 AM
**** that. Every man for themselves.

Do you have a moment of silence for Wabbit before you login to OM?

Florida_Bronco
05-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Do you have a moment of silence for Wabbit before you login to OM?

Nope. He is alive and well and I occasionally exchange PM's with him. He's a great guy. Too bad he's chosen not to post in the open anymore, but I understand his reasons.

And with that, I leave you tonight. Got a busy day ahead of me and need some sleep.

Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 08:48 AM
How about making a valid point next time you try to prove something..

Valid Points : The Chefs have gone 6-26 the last two seasons.

Jared Allen had more sacks than the ENTIRE chefs defense.

KC hasn't won a playoff game in 16 seasons.

KC gave up the 34th over-all pick in the 2009 draft & 15 million dollars for a career back up QB.

The only decent offensive lineman left in KC wants to be traded.

Larry Johnson is a salarycap Albatross.

"The Chiefs have Bowe, Mark Bradley and Engram as their top three receivers. Bowe caught 86 passes and scored seven touchdowns last season but has room for growth. He was maddeningly inconsistent, dropping several passes."

I could go on and on but ya get the idea...I hope.

Bronx33
05-24-2009, 09:00 AM

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3766/blindfoldsfull.jpg
Don't forget yours....

KCStud
05-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Valid Points : The Chefs have gone 6-26 the last two seasons.

Jared Allen had more sacks than the ENTIRE chefs defense.

KC hasn't won a playoff game in 16 seasons.

KC gave up the 34th over-all pick in the 2009 draft & 15 million dollars for a career back up QB.

The only decent offensive lineman left in KC wants to be traded.

Larry Johnson is a salarycap Albatross.

"The Chiefs have Bowe, Mark Bradley and Engram as their top three receivers. Bowe caught 86 passes and scored seven touchdowns last season but has room for growth. He was maddeningly inconsistent, dropping several passes."

I could go on and on but ya get the idea...I hope.

I can accept and admit that my team has been nothing special this entire decade. Can you do the same for your team?

Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 12:40 PM
I can accept and admit that my team has been nothing since January 12, 1970.

:welcome:

ZachKC
05-24-2009, 01:16 PM
:welcome:

So the Broncos did nothing till the mid 90's?

Harsh.

Orange Blood
05-24-2009, 01:21 PM

Harsh.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3800/imagepreview.jpg (http://img200.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imagepreview.jpg)

Bronco Rob
05-24-2009, 01:26 PM

Harsh.

Since the chefs made it to the Superbowl The Broncos have...

Played in 8 AFC Championship games

Went to 6 Superbowls

and won 17 postseason games....

KC...won a whopping 3 whole playoff games in 40 years..

CONGRATS!

Bronx33
05-24-2009, 01:36 PM

Went to 6 Superbowls

CONGRATS!

Hmmmm if i had to point out anything that could define harsh it would be this.

KCStud
05-24-2009, 01:42 PM

Went to 6 Superbowls

CONGRATS!

Funny how you make fun of KC's history of nothingness after 1970, but yet you forget that the Broncos organization was nothing but misery and embarrassment until the late 90's.

Bronx33
05-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Funny how you make fun of KC's history of nothingness after 1970, but yet you forget that the Broncos organization was nothing but misery and embarrassment until the late 90's.

Then the broncos turned the ship around, sadly ( you are still building a ship and the rudder has been on backorder for 40 years) so quit trying to paint a turd pink it always was a turd and still is a turd until proven otherwise.

KCStud
05-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Then the broncos turned the ship around, sadly ( you are still building a ship and the rudder has been on backorder for 40 years) so quit trying to paint a turd pink it always was a turd and still is a turd until proven otherwise.

And then that ship went to crap again in the 21 century LOL

Sacked by Croel
05-24-2009, 02:07 PM

You still don't have **** on us.

In the 21st century....

Denver Broncos

85-59
4 Playoff Appearances
1 AFC Title Game
6 Winning Seasons
8 .500 or better seasons
1 Losing Season

Kansas City Queefs

66-78
2 Playoff Appearances
3 Winning Seasons
4 .500 or better seasons
4 Losing Seasons

Bronx33
05-24-2009, 02:15 PM

Keep polishing that turd.

KCStud
05-24-2009, 02:18 PM
You still don't have **** on us.

In the 21st century....

Denver Broncos

85-59
4 Playoff Appearances
1 AFC Title Game
6 Winning Seasons
8 .500 or better seasons
1 Losing Season

Kansas City Queefs

66-78
2 Playoff Appearances
3 Winning Seasons
4 .500 or better seasons
4 Losing Seasons

LMAO if you wanna brag about 1 playoff win and several beatings than go right ahead. I'm not puffing my chest about my team the last decade. But continue..

Punisher
05-24-2009, 02:40 PM

Harsh.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/47/Love_story.jpg/200px-Love_story.jpg
The last time KC won the Super Bowl this Movie made the most Money at the Box Office :~ohyah!: :~ohyah!:

KCStud
05-24-2009, 02:46 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/47/Love_story.jpg/200px-Love_story.jpg
The last time KC won the Super Bowl this Movie made the most Money at the Box Office :~ohyah!: :~ohyah!:

Bottomline..

KC hasn't won SB in about 40 years
It took Denver about 30 years to finally win a SB

Punisher
05-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Bottomline..

KC hasn't won SB in about 40 years
It took Denver about 30 years to finally win a SB

Holy Smokes!!!

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/Elway.jpg