PDA

View Full Version : Corey Lichtenstieger, or should we call him eagle eye?

cutthemdown
05-16-2009, 03:05 AM
http://www.prweb.com/releases/lasik-denver/broncos-lichtensteiger/prweb2423634.htm

Denver, CO (PRWEB) May 16, 2009 -- William L. Hines, MD, trusted Lasik surgeon in Denver, Colorado and eye doctor for the Denver Broncos, has recently performed Lasik on Cory Lichtensteiger, the up and coming Denver Broncos' offensive lineman. His uncorrected vision has improved to 20/15 without glasses or contact lenses from 20/400 without correction prior to the Lasik Surgery.

It's not much news but it's better then talking about whether or not Ghostbusters is bad for kids!!!!!!!

BroncoBuff
05-16-2009, 03:11 AM
I want Lasik pretty badly ... but then my close-up vision would be screwed.

When I wear contacts, I have to carry around reading glasses. I'd rather wear glasses and pull them up to read. It's more convenient.

Kory's young enough he won't need reading glasses for awhile though.

watermock
05-16-2009, 04:40 AM
I need reading glasses, it's a biatch reading fine print intentionally made so.

Drek
05-16-2009, 06:30 AM

When I wear contacts, I have to carry around reading glasses. I'd rather wear glasses and pull them up to read. It's more convenient.

they make bi-focal contact lenses now. Its an interesting trick in that they basically give you one lens for distance and one lens for reading, you put one in each eye and for about 90% of the population your brain will make the correction on its own.

I work with a guy who has them, he says they're the best thing in the world, just as long as he's not closing one eye.

BabyTO
05-16-2009, 07:07 AM
That autographed picture of him must be worth millions.

BroncoBuff
05-16-2009, 08:12 AM
they make bi-focal contact lenses now. Its an interesting trick in that they basically give you one lens for distance and one lens for reading, you put one in each eye and for about 90% of the population your brain will make the correction on its own.

I work with a guy who has them, he says they're the best thing in the world, just as long as he's not closing one eye.

Awesome, thanks ... I'll check them out immediamente.

footstepsfrom#27
05-16-2009, 09:40 AM

I'm fortunate to have 20/20. I talked to an opthomologist one time who told me some pretty bad stuff about Lasik. One thing you should consider...you can go blind...rare but it happens. Also...because the eye like the rest of the body changes over time, you have to do it more than once if you want to maintain the results.

Food for thought...

Inkana7
05-16-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm lucky. I've got 20/10 vision. No lie. But I'm pretty young so that shouldn't last long.

fdf
05-16-2009, 02:19 PM
I need reading glasses, it's a biatch reading fine print intentionally made so.

I have a 9 year old who is constantly shoving comic books at me to have me share in a particularly good part. I can't read most of them without my glasses. Comic books have, I guess, passed me by. It's nice though that he still wants me to see stuff. That's gonna end here in the next few years, I suspect.

Drek
05-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Awesome, thanks ... I'll check them out immediamente.

I believe they use a similar technique to now achieve bi-focal surgical correction as well (not sure if they use the lasik method exactly or some new variation).

Its got a few drawbacks though, primarily that the bi-focal correction can potentially hinder your depth perception. It isn't supposed to be a big inconvenience for most people, but I know one of the guys I work with was looking into it and he's not allowed to have the procedure because he's a heavy equipment operator.

azbroncfan
05-17-2009, 07:31 AM
I had PRK surgery done last year because I wasn't a good Lasik candidate and couldn't be happier. I see 20/15 now and better than I ever did with contacts or glasses. My dry eye also went away which is great. If it's good enough for Tiger Woods it's good enough for me too.