PDA

View Full Version : Good Things about Mark Cuban

rugbythug
05-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Gotta say the guy has great timing. Getting out of companies when they are at their peak. He also brought excitement to the Mavericks. Kind of like Don King of the NBA.

crush17
05-13-2009, 12:35 PM
hey, really, really good job on this thread.
keep going, you're doing great!!

Crushaholic
05-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I know some of you Nuggets fans don't like him, but he is quite a character...

rugbythug
05-13-2009, 12:37 PM
He is kinda young looking as owners go.

BroncoMan4ever
05-13-2009, 12:48 PM
i wish the MLB would let him get involved in baseball. I wish he would buy the Rockies, the ****ing Monforts are some of the ****tiest owners in all of sports.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 12:50 PM
He provides hope to all nerds who were humiliated on the basketball court, football field, etc. He is living proof that if you suck at sports delve into computers and business. Then buy those punks and act like you belong.

ElwayMD
05-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I wish he would take ownership of the woeful Pittsburgh Pirates since he has ties to the Pittsburgh area. Maybe then they wouldn't be the AAA club for the Red Sox and Yankees.

DomCasual
05-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't think he's a bad guy, as anti-christs go.

bronco militia
05-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Bob thinks he's a swell guy

DomCasual
05-13-2009, 01:03 PM
I'd say he was one of the more likable douchebags I've seen in several days.

azbroncfan
05-13-2009, 01:07 PM
He provides hope to all nerds who were humiliated on the basketball court, football field, etc. He is living proof that if you suck at sports delve into computers and business. Then buy those punks and act like you belong.

You have to admit he is a hell of a great business man though.

BroncoLifer
05-13-2009, 01:09 PM
In 2003, Cuban established the Fallen Patriot Fund, which provides financial support to the families of soldiers KIA or seriously wounded in Iraq. For some time back then, he personally matched all contributions made by the public. I figured it was a good place to give since the amount would be doubled.

So, yeah, that's a good thing he did and if I saw him tonight I would thank him for doing it.

p.s. I have no idea whether or not this fund is still active or if he is still involved with it. Basketball-wise, I don't like him.

DomCasual
As far as I know, he's never molested any children.

That's something, right?

Man-Goblin
I generally don't have a problem with him and actually think he's a pretty brilliant guy. But he did handle the fan situation fan situation for game 4 very poorly.

OBF1
05-13-2009, 01:11 PM
He is the NBA version of Daniel Snyder....but more involved.

DomCasual
05-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I generally don't have a problem with him and actually think he's a pretty brilliant guy. But he did handle the fan situation fan situation for game 4 very poorly.

Honestly, once you scrape through the thick layer of scum that seems to adhere to him, he's probably got parts of his heart that haven't turned rotten.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 01:14 PM
You have to admit he is a hell of a great business man though.

Yep he is that. Like I said he was great in person but everytime I see him on TV he is a douche.

Smiling Assassin27
05-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Three words: Immature Wank Hole Media Whore Par Excelence...

rugbythug
05-13-2009, 01:18 PM
He is open about his Agenda. You know like conquering the world and such.

Bob's your Information Minister
05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
If I were rich, I'd be Mark Cuban. Only better looking.

05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Honestly, once you scrape through the thick layer of scum that seems to adhere to him, he's probably got parts of his heart that haven't turned rotten.

At least he's not a materialistic drunkard.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/zapparulez/Bronco%20Pics%20Elway%20Era/patbowlenfurcoat.jpg?t=1242246008

Man-Goblin
05-13-2009, 01:20 PM

Yes, and if **** smelled like chocolate ice cream it might be more pleasant to be around. But it would still be ****.

rugbythug

It is a proven Fact that People who welch on bets have no chance at being rich.

DomCasual

Well, there you go.

Maybe he does molest children.

05-13-2009, 01:23 PM
I actually think the thing I admire most about Mark is his style. Or complete lack thereof. I can't recall seeing him in a suit.

http://deadspin.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/09/mark-cuban5.jpg

http://mburkert.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/cuban3.jpg

http://tophatal1.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/mark-cuban-owner-of-the-dallas-mavericks.jpg

http://willhicks.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/mark-cuban1.jpg

http://www.customersarealways.com/uploads/Mark%20Cuban.jpg

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/buzzerbeater/cubandairyqueen.jpg

05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
What other owner would do this? Do you think Clark Hunt would be caught dead giving Dwayne Bowe or Matt Cassel a piggyback ride? Can you picture Bob Kraft letting Tom Brady saddle up?

Mark Cuban is one of the world's greatest human beings, period.

http://www.theunticket.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/cuban.jpg

DHallblows
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
That's one of the gayest pictures I've ever seen...

azbroncfan
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM

Kind of hard to even be considered middle class when you live in parents basement with no job or life outside of football internet forums.

05-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Heat rises, you know. Even if I were rich I'd live in a basement mansion.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-13-2009, 01:33 PM
He's not a bad dude. He just does some dumb **** at times. So do I, but I'm not a billionaire in the public's view.

Rabb
05-13-2009, 01:36 PM
That's one of the gayest pictures I've ever seen...

my god yes

DomCasual
05-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Mark Cuban is one of the world's greatest human beings, period.

Clayton Wendler - cruising through life without a male role model, since 1981.

bronco610
05-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I used to like Cuban but since some of you are quoting bob (I have him on ignore), and he likes cuban I have just changed my opinion of him. There is nothing on this earth I want to have in common with that piece of s***.

05-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Clayton Wendler - cruising through life without a male role model, since 1981.

Luke Skywalker doesn't count?

ZONA
05-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Great Post...............................

NOT

Mark Cuban? Geez man, what's next from you? A random post about why dinosaurs went extinct?

duh, um, I like Mark Cuban, he's a good guy and uh, um, he knows when to sell a business.

Classic insight there bro. Classic.

Kid A
05-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Eh, the idea of the owner sitting with the fans, wearing a t-shirt, actively involved is cool. He's such an over the top attention whore most the time, though, that he ultimately detracts from his team. I'll grant him, the NBA reffing situation needs an overhaul, but he seems more interested in making a scene every game as opposed to working for a solution. Plus, yelling at opposing players' mothers? Just unacceptable for a team owner, no matter how emotional the moment was.

If he could learn to act like someone even half his age he'd be one of the coolest owners is sports.

rugbythug
05-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Great Post...............................

NOT

Mark Cuban? Geez man, what's next from you? A random post about why dinosaurs went extinct?

duh, um, I like Mark Cuban, he's a good guy and uh, um, he knows when to sell a business.

Classic insight there bro. Classic.

sar⋅casm
  /ˈsɑrkęzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Thanks for the Not though. I am going to go put on my TAZ T-shirt and dance to DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

Hogan11
05-13-2009, 02:09 PM
I wish he would take ownership of the woeful Pittsburgh Pirates since he has ties to the Pittsburgh area. Maybe then they wouldn't be the AAA club for the Red Sox and Yankees.

I remember when there was talk of this, but the current ownership rebuffed his offers....I have mixed feelings about that. I thought he put in a bid for the Cubs? Must be MLB rejected him. Too bad too, they wouldn't have if he wasn't such an over the top ass.

ElwayMD
05-13-2009, 02:18 PM
I remember when there was talk of this, but the current ownership rebuffed his offers....I have mixed feelings about that. I thought he put in a bid for the Cubs? Must be MLB rejected him. Too bad too, they wouldn't have if he wasn't such an over the top ass.

Yeah I remember the rumors flying a few years back and I think he was also listed among the names of people who were going to come in a buy the Pens. I just want the Pirates to be competitive again and be able to keep their talent. With all the talent they have traded away they could have a playoff contending team.

Hogan11
05-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah I remember the rumors flying a few years back and I think he was also listed among the names of people who were going to come in a buy the Pens. I just want the Pirates to be competitive again and be able to keep their talent. With all the talent they have traded away they could have a playoff contending team.

Expos syndrome. Signing the young talent to long term contracts (ie. the Cleveland Indian plan) is the only way to beat it past one of those "lightning in a bottle" years. Keep the faith, they cannot suck forever...I know the latest losing streak says otherwise but there is talent there and I really don't think they're all that far away from contending.

footstepsfrom#27
05-13-2009, 02:29 PM
He looks a bit like this guy...

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/2084/hermie.jpg

Hogan11
05-13-2009, 02:29 PM
He looks a bit like this guy...

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/2084/hermie.jpg

John Kerry?

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 02:34 PM
http://www.theunticket.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/cuban.jpg

You know what the hardest part of taking this picture was?

telling your parents your gay!

Man-Goblin
05-13-2009, 02:38 PM
You know what the hardest part of taking this picture was?

telling your parents your gay!

Sometimes, they just know.

http://www.nba.com/media/allaccess/draft_fashion_nash96.jpg

(Gratuitous posting of my favorite Steve Nash photo)

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 02:40 PM
I love how they gave the little guy a miniball!

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-13-2009, 02:52 PM
You guys are way behind the times on this. We've been hearing this crap from Spurs fans for years now. We're pretty much immune to it by now.

rugbythug
05-13-2009, 02:56 PM
You guys are way behind the times on this. We've been hearing this crap from Spurs fans for years now. We're pretty much immune to it by now.

Spurs Fans can talk to you the way Broncos Fans talked to the Chiefs ten years ago.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 02:58 PM

Congratulation now two teams have at one point or another made you their bitch. I hear Cuban likes being dominated....... :wiggle: :P

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Congratulation now two teams have at one point or another made you their b****. I hear Cuban likes being dominated....... :wiggle: :P

The Spurs? Really? They're not much of a threat any longer. They're also some of the most insecure and difficult fans to deal with in any sport. Anti-Mavs/Spurs craptalking is an art between our 2 fanbases. Anything coming from the Nuggets-side of things is pretty tame in comparison. They'll need to build a bit more of a body of work to be up there with the Spurs, though. One year and a single playoff matchup isn't much to go on.

UberBroncoMan
05-13-2009, 03:14 PM
The Spurs? Really? They're not much of a threat any longer. They're also some of the most insecure and difficult fans to deal with in any sport. Anti-Mavs/Spurs craptalking is an art between our 2 fanbases. Anything coming from the Nuggets-side of things is pretty tame in comparison. They'll need to build a bit more of a body of work to be up there with the Spurs, though. One year and a single playoff matchup isn't much to go on.

We have more reason to hate the Spurs as well anyway. Hell I hate them (especially Ginobli "I'm going to do a back flip dive when someone pokes me").

FADERPROOF
05-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Gotta say the guy has great timing. Getting out of companies when they are at their peak. He also brought excitement to the Mavericks. Kind of like Don King of the NBA.

how drunk are you?

DomCasual
05-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Luke Skywalker doesn't count?

Dirk Diggler, too.

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 03:29 PM

LOL I know brother! Just giving you crap. Spurs fans line the fences down at San Antonio airport when they fly home after playoff wins. I don't mean 4 or 5 fans I am talking thousands!

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-13-2009, 03:47 PM
LOL I know brother! Just giving you crap. Spurs fans line the fences down at San Antonio airport when they fly home after playoff wins. I don't mean 4 or 5 fans I am talking thousands!

I'm not afraid of you.

Pat Bowlen
05-13-2009, 04:29 PM
He's not a bad dude. He just does some dumb **** at times. So do I, but I'm not a billionaire in the public's view.
So you feel my pain?

Bronx33
05-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Goes after old ladies like a bitch he needs to march his happy a$$ up to a private suite and stay away like alllllll the other owners in the NBA.

loborugger
05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Good things about Mark Cuban.

1. He doesnt live in my neighborhood.

2. He doesnt own the team I root for.

3. He isnt my employer.

4. He doesnt sit next to me at sporting events.

5. He isnt married to my sister or my daughter.

6. Any time he talks, I have an option to turn off the TV, radio, etc.

Sorry, I am running outta good attributes here.

footstepsfrom#27
05-13-2009, 06:43 PM
So you feel my pain?
About like Edgar Kaiser does.

watermock
05-13-2009, 06:53 PM
He was smart enought to ride the internet bubble and get out alive and got involved in 1080HDTV now.

He got emotional and has apologized. He's a colorful figure that is a fan as well as an owner.

The Nuggies will put him out of his misery in a few hours.

SouthStndJunkie
05-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Cuban is ok in my book.

He is a lot more interesting than the typical stick in the mud 60 or 70 something year old owner.