PDA

View Full Version : OT - Home phone

Los Broncos
05-12-2009, 04:31 PM
This may sound stupid but, I use my cell when I am out and about which is pre-paid.

When I'm at home I use MagicJack to talk over my IP.

My cordless home phone has a ticking sound when I'm on it.

Anyone know of a good phone that will work well without any bull****?

Thanks, and **** Hotrod! :~ohyah!:

slyinky
05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
I usually go on Amazon.com and look for the best costumer reviewed products when trying to decide things like this.

There's one for $25 with good reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1242172503/ref=sr_nr_n_0?ie=UTF8&rs=172606&sort=reviewrank&keywords=cordless%20phone&bbn=172606&rnid=172606&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A!493964%2Ck%3Acordless%20phone %2Cn%3A172574%2Cn%3A172606%2Cn%3A172614

GreatBronco16
05-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, dump magic jack.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-12-2009, 07:04 PM
What is this "home phone" device you speak of?

Doggcow
05-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Ive never owned a home phone.

broncosteven
05-12-2009, 08:11 PM
This may sound stupid but, I use my cell when I am out and about which is pre-paid.

When I'm at home I use MagicJack to talk over my IP.

My cordless home phone has a ticking sound when I'm on it.

Anyone know of a good phone that will work well without any bull****?

Thanks, and **** Hotrod! :~ohyah!:

I am guessing it is a combo of the Magicjack and the speed of your IP service.

What are you connecting to Internet with?

DBroncos4life
05-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Isn't that a Cell phone that is plugged into the wall while at home?

Moreno Knows Best
05-12-2009, 08:32 PM
There's no need to have a traditional home phone.

And L-O-L @ pre paid phones. Step your game up.

PaintballCLE
05-12-2009, 08:35 PM
any cordless phone that is DECT 6.0 its interference/noise free

Los Broncos
05-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah, dump magic jack.

Other than a little static its pretty good.

Just have it for calling family long distant.

Los Broncos
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM
I am guessing it is a combo of the Magicjack and the speed of your IP service.

What are you connecting to Internet with?

Cable modem, I assume its a combo of the phone and connection.

I'll try a different phone to see how it works.

Los Broncos
05-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Isn't that a Cell phone that is plugged into the wall while at home?

No, just plug the device into any USB, installs the program and pulg any phone line into it.

Los Broncos
05-12-2009, 10:16 PM

I feel ya here, but I have had that cell for 5 years, I buy a thousand minutes and it last a good six months.

MJ was a gift anyways so why not use it.

BroncosinDC
05-13-2009, 12:34 AM
With my AT&T rollover minutes....I'm good for like 10 years on the least amount of minutes plan. I call my parents a couple times a month....on the weekend, other than that business is a different thing and I have unlimited texts, how can I ever talk for 450 mins a month, before 9PM?

baja
05-13-2009, 05:03 AM
Vonage, the only phone you ever need.

Beantown Bronco
05-13-2009, 07:12 AM

Directv disagrees.

Why? I pay less than $10 a month for mine. LOL at all the people that pay close to $100 a month for something with which they probably only use about 10% of the functions regularly.

loborugger
05-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Directv disagrees.

I have DirectTV & no home phone. No problems. I just order the PPV over the internet.

bfoflcommish
05-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Directv disagrees.

Why? I pay less than $10 a month for mine. LOL at all the people that pay close to $100 a month for something with which they probably only use about 10% of the functions regularly.

i havent had a home phone in over 10 years and directv same amount of time. you do NOT need a home phone what so ever. in fact with all the new upgrades and what not i can now order ppv through remote and receiver, dont even have to go online anymore.

Beantown Bronco
05-13-2009, 08:09 AM
I have DirectTV & no home phone. No problems. I just order the PPV over the internet.

i havent had a home phone in over 10 years and directv same amount of time. you do NOT need a home phone what so ever. in fact with all the new upgrades and what not i can now order ppv through remote and receiver, dont even have to go online anymore.

I'm not talking about PPV. I'm talking about the daily phone calls the "older" boxes required for daily upgrades, etc. If you weren't hooked up to a phone line, you wouldn't get the upgrades.

Drunk Monkey
05-13-2009, 09:43 AM

Agree, I also have it on my laptop and use it to call the US from China when I travel. Same as a local call.

broncosteven
05-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Directv disagrees.

I am thinking of switching to Prepaid. Only prob is they give you a new simm card and new # and my wife doesn't want to relearn a new #.

For the amount of calls I make paying $60 a month is a joke. I can put down $100 for a year and reup at any time with prepaid. And still use Txt and data.

Los Broncos
05-13-2009, 12:06 PM

MJ is the same deal, but Vonage is great too.

boltaneer
05-13-2009, 01:23 PM
I am thinking of switching to Prepaid. Only prob is they give you a new simm card and new # and my wife doesn't want to relearn a new #.

For the amount of calls I make paying $60 a month is a joke. I can put down $100 for a year and reup at any time with prepaid. And still use Txt and data.

I also do not use my cell phone enough to warrant the crazy monthly fees so I switched to a pre-paid phone. I went through T-Mobile and you can choose any phone you want, their prepaid ones or their regular ones. (If you choose one of their regular phones, then you'll have to pay the non-contract price for it, which can be expensive but you'll still save a lot of money in the long run). They even told me I could use my existing phone (even from a competitor) but I couldn't since I had a Sprint phone and Sprint does not use simm cards. But they allowed me to keep my existing number.

I'm very happy so far. I got to pick out a phone I liked and got rid of my huge monthly bill (I'm also doing the $100/year option).

PABEASPERGY
10-24-2009, 06:08 PM
an the Stall Phone company touch where your phone is if bigh chief calls it ?
I identify they can when the phone is turned on....

Bit what wde if the Battery is Abrupt or the Phone is turned off?

Like djsclose my phone is turned inaccurate and unfeeling somewhere and I attend it, during that identify can the room phone circdle indoaction the idxentify to wheer my cubicle phone puissance be?

Bronco Warrior
10-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey I'm trying to upgrade from a corded rotary phone, any ideas? I will miss Hazel Mae on the switchboard though if I upgrade!

NYBronco
10-24-2009, 06:28 PM

Like djsclose my phone is turned inaccurate and unfeeling somewhere and I attend it, during that identify can the room phone circdle indoaction the idxentify to wheer my cubicle phone puissance be?

Say what???

PaintballCLE
10-24-2009, 07:53 PM

:kiddingme:kiddingme:kiddingme:kiddingme:kiddingme :kiddingme:kiddingme