05-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Guess who's number one worst? :rofl:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/05/08/nfl.owners/index.html

BroncoBuff
05-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Al

footstepsfrom#27
05-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Lately for some reason when I poke fun of Alzheimiers Davis I strangely feel like the Autistic kid needling the Mongoloid.

Beantown Bronco
05-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Unreal that the Steelers were purchased for $2,500. Now they're worth over $1 billion. Nice investment.

Pats take 2nd with $175 million in 1994 and $1.3 billion just 15 years later.

I wish my 401(k) performed like that.

Doggcow
05-12-2009, 01:30 PM
LOL SF is owned by a vagina? Thats especially ironic for San francisco.

footstepsfrom#27
05-12-2009, 01:33 PM
LOL SF is owned by a vagina?
So are we: http://www.westword.com/2002-01-03/news/pat-s-big-fumble/1

colonelbeef
05-12-2009, 01:37 PM
a year ago Bowlen would have been on that list, the fiasco this offseason has really hurt his image league-wide

Mogulseeker
05-12-2009, 01:40 PM
...hard to argue with those assessments...

Bob's your Information Minister
05-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Clark Hunt is going to be on this list within five years.

He could have come up with 100 excuses to keep Carl and Herm this offseason. He slashed their throats swiftly and quietly and brought in the hottest GM candidate in years. Then he got the **** out of the way.

And he's only 43.

Did I mention he's poured in a ****load of his family's money on the new stadium?

colonelbeef
05-12-2009, 01:43 PM

He could have come up with 100 excuses to keep Carl and Herm this offseason. He slashed their throats swiftly and quietly and brought in the hottest GM candidate in years. Then he got the **** out of the way.

And he's only 43.

Did I mention he's poured in a ****load of his family's money on the new stadium?

I still think Parcells doesn't get enough credit for putting together that nucleus in New England

05-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow, who would want this face as an owner when you're 0-16?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_images/owners/william-clay-ford.jpg

Beantown Bronco
05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
So are we: http://www.westword.com/2002-01-03/news/pat-s-big-fumble/1

I honestly don't know how Bowlen still holds control of this team. Everything I've read about the original contract he signed with Kaiser and the right of first refusal language seems to go against him. He's clearly sold and made offers to sell shares of the team to his family and to non-family members.

Either Kaiser's lawyers really suck or the judge was bought. There's no way around it.

Flex Gunmetal
05-12-2009, 01:51 PM

And he's only 43.

Seriously? What is one reasonable excuse to keep either of those failures on in any capacity?

05-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Seriously? What is one reasonable excuse to keep either of those failures on in any capacity?

Rebuilding or injuries.

Or, he could have gone half-assed and kept Herm while firing Carl.

Flex Gunmetal
05-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Rebuilding or injuries.

Or, he could have gone half-assed and kept Herm while firing Carl.

Ok. So based on this you're willing to crown him a top 5 owner? Of course, because you prove to be an idiot every time you post anything.

footstepsfrom#27
05-12-2009, 02:21 PM
I honestly don't know how Bowlen still holds control of this team. Everything I've read about the original contract he signed with Kaiser and the right of first refusal language seems to go against him. He's clearly sold and made offers to sell shares of the team to his family and to non-family members.
Bowlen is not the majority owner. He owns roughly 30% of the team and his family already owns the rest through a series of corporations. His mother appears to own the majority of the stock while the other siblings own lesser shares, including his sister, but Pat is definitely only a minority equity partner.
Either Kaiser's lawyers really suck or the judge was bought. There's no way around it.
Kaiser lost in court because PB had smarter lawyers. The link I posted goes into it.

I read the entire legal brief. It's long and convoluted, makes use of half a dozen confusing points of intersection between law and contractural obligation...and even after reading and understanding the legal postiion...I came away with nearly the same viewpoint. Bowlen's legal team even hired a linguist to explain why the clear language of the agreement wasn't really saying what it says.

Brushing up on Pat's history has made me more, not less reluctant to trust anything he says.

OBF1
05-12-2009, 02:51 PM
And the faid also owns the LOWEST value of any of the teams mentioned. :thumbs:

Arkie
05-12-2009, 03:13 PM
I knew the Bengals were bad, but...
17 non-winning seasons in the past 18 years

LOL they really suck

BroncoBuff
05-12-2009, 03:16 PM

I agree.

But he won't beat out Al Davis for #1, no way ... the best you can hope is #2 :thumbs:

BroncoBuff
05-12-2009, 03:23 PM
LOL SF is owned by a vagina? Thats especially ironic for San francisco.

Kind of ... IIRC, about 10 years ago Eddie DeBartolo was convicted of some serious gambling and organized crime type crimes. So rather than be kicked out by the league, he gave the team to his wife (sister?).

He might still be calling some shots there, I dunno.

The MVPlaya
05-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Want to see ROI? Look at the Giants purchase price.

:rofl:

BroncoBuff
05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Want to see ROI? Look at the Giants purchase price.

:rofl:

Whoa ... that makes even Microsoft's IPO twenty years ago look bad :~ohyah!: