PDA

View Full Version : Diaz Infante will no longer call the games with Logan

DeusExManning
05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/dustysaunders/ci_12340511

I guess it sayonara for Diaz Infante, no word on who will replace him. I was never that into him anyway, I like Logan. We will see.

Man-Goblin
05-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, Scott Hastings now works for another network, so that is out. How about Bill Hanzlik or Kiki Vandeweghe? (Yes, I'm bitter that the 'Sports Zoo' was anouncing the games during the Super Bowl years).

Logan and D-I were ok from what I heard of them. And actually, Larry Zimmer with Logan doing the color was pretty good, before Zimmer went all Pat Summeral on us.

DeusExManning
05-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Larry Zimmer would be awesome. How about John Elway!!

ak1971
05-12-2009, 12:55 PM
good to hear the douchebag is looking for work

philiptr2
05-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Mark Schlereth might not be too bad.

John Lynch would be cool if he weren't signed to do TV for Fox.

coachmastermind
05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
I heard Mike Shanahan has nothing going on. ;)

DeusExManning
05-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I heard Mike Shanahan has nothing going on. ;)

I could just see it, "I really think you have to question Coach McDaniels on that play..."

SonOfLe-loLang
05-12-2009, 01:23 PM
I wonder if John Melander is lookin for work

HEAV
05-12-2009, 01:42 PM
New Broncos voice.

The economic downturn at Clear Channel Communications has cost David Diaz-Infante his part-time job as play-by- play broadcaster on Denver Broncos games, aired on KOA (850 AM).

Lee Larsen, president of local Clear Channel properties, reports that a full-time radio talent, to be announced soon, will be Dave Logan's partner.

So a full-time radio guy is cheaper than a part time Diaz-Infante?

theAPAOps5
05-12-2009, 01:44 PM
New Broncos voice.

The economic downturn at Clear Channel Communications has cost David Diaz-Infante his part-time job as play-by- play broadcaster on Denver Broncos games, aired on KOA (850 AM).

Lee Larsen, president of local Clear Channel properties, reports that a full-time radio talent, to be announced soon, will be Dave Logan's partner.

If he already is employed by Clear Channel and its just an add on then yes maybe it is cheaper.

bronco militia
05-12-2009, 01:56 PM
[B]

most people in radio have agents to negotiate their contract

DeusExManning
05-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey Clear Channel, if you read this board, I will do it for free, just pay my expenses. I have a master's degree in radio and media. If you want I can drop my CD in the mail to you. FREE, I will sign a waiver and renounce all my rights. Just think about it.

footstepsfrom#27
05-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Pat Bowlen... ;D

Orange_Beard
05-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Bababooey

RMT
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
scott hastings SUCKED as a Broncos color analyst.

Rabb
05-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Hey Clear Channel, if you read this board, I will do it for free, just pay my expenses. I have a master's degree in radio and media. If you want I can drop my CD in the mail to you. FREE, I will sign a waiver and renounce all my rights. Just think about it.

I am guessing your minor was not in marketing

OBF1
05-12-2009, 03:32 PM
I hear Tatum Bell is available on the cheap

DeusExManning
05-12-2009, 03:44 PM
I am guessing your minor was not in marketing

Political Science

montrose
05-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Zimmer would own.

spdirty
05-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Please God dont let it be the woman that does the zoo with Logan.

broncocalijohn
05-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Please God dont let it be the woman that does the zoo with Logan.

Is that even Sports Zoo? I think they talk sports if something like the Cutler mess happens. I guess I am one of those that didnt mind Hastings. I liked Larry and Diaz-Infante. As long as Logan is ruling the nest, I am happy.

Kaylore
05-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Apparently I'm in the minority, but I can't stand Zimmer. He's incredibly boring and sounds like just some old guy on a couch. I don't think he has a very good voice and I don't think he sounds very professional. I know people like him because he called all of Elway's games and hearing him is nostalgic, but I think we can do better.

Diaz Infante was an upgrade over Hastings, but not enough of one to bring back. I hope they stay true to that idea and bring in someone who has some sporting experience, preferably in football. If they bring in Lois Malconia, I won't listen.

bronco militia
05-13-2009, 08:54 AM
If they bring in Lois Malconia, I won't listen.

why would they do that?

Tombstone RJ
05-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Suzy Kolber, where are you?

Man-Goblin
05-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Apparently I'm in the minority, but I can't stand Zimmer. He's incredibly boring and sounds like just some old guy on a couch. I don't think he has a very good voice and I don't think he sounds very professional. I know people like him because he called all of Elway's games and hearing him is nostalgic, but I think we can do better.

Diaz Infante was an upgrade over Hastings, but not enough of one to bring back. I hope they stay true to that idea and bring in someone who has some sporting experience, preferably in football. If they bring in Lois Malconia, I won't listen.

Zimmer was a lot better back in the day, but like I said, he hit the Pat Summeral/Keith Jackson wall at least a couple of years before they replaced him. I don't have a problem with him doing the CU games because it's college and really all you have to do is be a blatant homer (which he's good at). But he shouldn't be doing the NFL, by any means.

Logan has actually developed into a decent play by play guy. My only problem with him is he gets really, really down and almost condescending when the Broncos are playing like ****.

Of course, so do I, so I guess I can't blame him.

Sacked by Croel
05-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Diaz-Infante actually did a fairly solid job.

The KOA talent that needs to be dumped though is Lou from Littleton on The Gridiron Grill. He makes the postgame call in show unbearable to listen to.

spdirty
05-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Is that even Sports Zoo? I think they talk sports if something like the Cutler mess happens. I guess I am one of those that didnt mind Hastings. I liked Larry and Diaz-Infante. As long as Logan is ruling the nest, I am happy.

Yeah its the Ride Home now. Id like to see Zimmer back, please no to Lou from Littleton. Dont really know who else it could be...Mike Rosen? Ha!

Actually, probably gonna be Mark Johnson and let Logan do color. Which would be awesome, IMO, and make perfect sense. Johnson is a great PBP guy.

Kaylore
05-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Diaz-Infante actually did a fairly solid job.

The KOA talent that needs to be dumped though is Lou from Littleton on The Gridiron Grill. He makes the postgame call in show unbearable to listen to.

I agree. I liked the CU QB they had doing it a few years ago.

Sacked by Croel
05-14-2009, 11:36 PM
I agree. I liked the CU QB they had doing it a few years ago.

Charles Johnson. I agree, he was great. I listened to the postgame show every week when he hosted it.