TheReverend
05-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Since we all now know that Orton is:

"Smart"
"Great playing in a spread"
"Very accurate"
"Has surprising arm strength"

Here's a great game!

Using the search function or just a bad ass memory, try to find a positive post about Kyle Orton from any Orangemane member from his pre-Bronco days. Simply: any post that's older than 3 months ago.

Looking forward to reading the results.

SureShot
05-12-2009, 10:04 AM
This should be fun.

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 10:07 AM
This should be fun.

It should be pretty easy. I read he's an upgrade over Cutler.

Br0nc0Buster
05-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Well about the arm strength part, I dont understand why some criticize his arm strength, because that isnt a weakness of his.

Not that arm strength matters THAT much, but anyone who thinks he has a weak arm has never seen him play.

OABB
05-12-2009, 10:12 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=48121&highlight=orton

vancejohnson82
05-12-2009, 10:13 AM
or how about this.....go on a Patriots board and look up words like:

"Napoleon complex"
"retarded"
"self absorbed"
"maniac"

as they relate to Josh McDaniels

Rev, we could do this all day....I've got time

SureShot
05-12-2009, 10:15 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=48121&highlight=orton

This was pretty positive.

"On that note, I personally would love to see us pick up Orton as Cutler's backup next season. He's got starting experience and already had something of a baptism by fire. I think he'd be a very solid backup and would let us keep the vertical aspects of our offense under Cutler in tact."

Popps
05-12-2009, 10:16 AM

"Napoleon complex"
"retarded"
"self absorbed"
"maniac"

LOL

chickennob2
05-12-2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2195691&highlight=Kyle+Orton#post2195691

Did you bother to research before posting?
Bears don't need a QB, Kyle Orton is perfectly fine for them.
Bengals don't need a QB with Palmer, and you don't draft a QB high to be a fricken backup.
Dolphins, you say Pennington is garbage, is that why he has a 93.7 QB rating this year?
Bills, Trent Edwards was playing very well in his 2nd year before getting hurt. They don't need a QB
Jaguars do not need a QB, Garrard is still a decent QB and young.
Bucs, I think you finally found a team needing a QB.
Jets, possible, although they do have some young QB's on their roster in Clemens and Ainge.
Vikings, I think Jackson could be a decent QB if given time.
Rams, Bulger is still a decent QB. OL is awful there.
49ers could use help almost everywhere
Lions same
Chiefs, Thigpen just might turn out to be a decent QB.

With all that said, Stafford is still a better QB than Tebow. Stafford could play right now, Tebow is a developmental project.
Bradford isn't coming out either.

"Bears don't need a QB, Kyle Orton is perfectly fine for them." Eh, pretty positive.

NYBronc
05-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Bronco Steven.

I find it funny that Duh Bear's fans and media all wanted to trade for Anderson and cut Orton.

Now Orton is having a great year and Anderson is on the bench. I give Orton props for sticking out the REXMAN years.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=73199&page=3&highlight=orton

Popps
05-12-2009, 10:19 AM
This is a pretty eye-opening game, really.

I mean, who would have thought that fans of one team wouldn't spend their days praising QBs from another?

Even more stunning, who would have thought fans of the Broncos to support their own players and coaches, to some extent.

Has anyone alerted the Denver Post to this turn of events? Clearly, page-one news.

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 10:23 AM

"Napoleon complex"
"retarded"
"self absorbed"
"maniac"

I don't see how any of those relate to something I've said...? Substitute "AIDs" or "cobra" in, and you've got an applicable argument.

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 10:25 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2195691&highlight=Kyle+Orton#post2195691

"Bears don't need a QB, Kyle Orton is perfectly fine for them." Eh, pretty positive.

Pretty good. Hoping we can find some more solid evidence of his recently annointed football smarts, accuracy, etc.

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 10:27 AM
This is a pretty eye-opening game, really.

I mean, who would have thought that fans of one team wouldn't spend their days praising QBs from another?

Even more stunning, who would have thought fans of the Broncos to support their own players and coaches, to some extent.

Has anyone alerted the Denver Post to this turn of events? Clearly, page-one news.

Participate or gtfo, imo. You're currently bringing nothing to the table and I'd rather this didn't devolve into one of your little shennanigans (O/U on Supertroopers clip, 20 posts).

vancejohnson82
05-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Participate or gtfo, imo. You're currently bringing nothing to the table and I'd rather this didn't devolve into one of your little shennanigans (O/U on Supertroopers clip, 20 posts).

"Hey Farva, whats that restaurant we used to go to? The one with the **** on the walls?"

"You mean 'Shenanigans?'"

Sorry if I got the quote wrong...but I wanted to jump on this......I got beat on a Dumb and Dumber quote while looking up a pic last week

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 10:31 AM
You forgot the word "goofy", still pretty solid.

Popps
05-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Participate or gtfo, imo. You're currently bringing nothing to the table and I'd rather this didn't devolve into one of your little shennanigans

Really, so this thread is on the up and up, right? No shenanigans on your part?
Just trying to help fellow Broncos fans enjoy being fans, huh?

Wow. Too smart for us, buddy! No one can see you working...

:thumbs:

Domostick
05-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Who else thinks the reverend is acting like a little sissy girl in a toy store who isn't getting what she wants and is throwing a little temper tantrum.

Mogulseeker
05-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Frankly, I'm suprised we got as many as we have... why would a Bronco message board be talking about a QB towards the middle of the pack, in a different division, in a different conference, who is in his second year of starting, with a gap in between.

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Frankly, I'm suprised we got as many as we have... why would a Bronco message board be talking about a QB towards the middle of the pack, in a different division, in a different conference, who is in his second year of starting, with a gap in between.

Because everyone gets talked about here, sooner or later, especially if a player would upgrade the football team.

Mogulseeker
05-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Point being, Kyle Orton was a nobody in Chi-town, and has a chance to be somebody in D-town.

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Point being, Kyle Orton was a nobody in Chi-town, and has a chance to be somebody in D-town.

How many nobody's do you know that became a somebody by relocating...?

Domostick
05-12-2009, 12:09 PM

Ed McCaffery

Br0nc0Buster
05-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Matt Cassel was a nobody at USC, McDaniels helped become quite known

Orton was having a good year before he got hurt, so he wasnt quite a nobody

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Ed McCaffery

He did pretty well for the Giants, but that's an acceptable example, imo.

Beantown Bronco
05-12-2009, 12:17 PM
This was pretty positive.

Apparently, you missed this part from the link:

So I looked up Kyle Orton's numbers from last year.

15 starts, 1869 yards, 124.6 yds per game, 9 TD, 13 INT, 59.7 rating

oubronco
05-12-2009, 12:22 PM

Haven't you heard he is an upgrade over Cutler and is magically going to take us to the Superbowl :~ohyah!:

vancejohnson82
05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Haven't you heard he is an upgrade over Cutler and is magically going to take us to the Superbowl :~ohyah!:

No....you obviously didnt get the memo...

the '08 Broncos were one player away from making the Super Bowl....we just needed ONE DT...

now that Cutler is gone we are at least a decade and a half away from even reaching .500

The Joker
05-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Orton actually had a better Touchdown - Interception ratio than Jay last year, interestingly enough.

Also ran 3 TD's in compared to Jay's 2.

So, quite clearly, he's miles better.

vancejohnson82
05-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Orton actually had a better Touchdown - Interception ratio than Jay last year, interestingly enough.

Also ran 3 TD's in compared to Jay's 2.

So, quite clearly, he's miles better.

that one TD he had running in would have been great in the Bills game when Jay threw a pick...

Br0nc0Buster
05-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Orton was actually doing well last year before he hurt his ankle or whatever.

IF we can get that Orton all year this year plus him benefiting from an upgrade in offensive talent, he is not going to be a problem for us

You can go look up his stats if you doubt me, the Bears were averaging like 28 PPG with him, and he had a good qb rating as well

Granted Forte helped, but Knowshon is no slouch himself

DenverBrit
05-12-2009, 01:43 PM
It should be pretty easy. I read he's an upgrade over Cutler.

Did you make that up, or did someone make that claim?

Popps
05-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Did you make that up, or did someone make that claim?

There was a pretty well-written article that basically stated that we shouldn't panic about losing bitch-boy and listed a few reasons why Orton might be a nice fit for the kind of team we're putting together.

Naturally, the mopey crew around here couldn't stand hearing that... and commenced pooping out threads like this.

SureShot
05-12-2009, 02:01 PM

So what you are saying is those are not acceptable numbers for a "solid backup" to Cutler.:wiggle:

DenverBrit
05-12-2009, 02:02 PM
There was a pretty well-written article that basically stated that we shouldn't panic about losing b****-boy and listed a few reasons why Orton might be a nice fit for the kind of team we're putting together.

Naturally, the mopey crew around here couldn't stand hearing that... and commenced pooping out threads like this.

Ah, ok, gotcha. This article.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80510

Beantown Bronco
05-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Ah, ok, gotcha. This article.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80510

A "legit" news source that can't even spell Matt Cassel's name right.

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
A "legit" news source that can't even spell Matt Cassel's name right.

Shhhhhhh... we're supposed to "moping".

DenverBrit
05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Shhhhhhh... we're supposed to "moping".

How could anyone come to that conclusion?

Though your avy with the cobra spitting aids at the Denver head coach might predispose some to think you have an ax to grind.

But that's not the case.....right? ;D

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 05:26 PM
How could anyone come to that conclusion?

Though your avy with the cobra spitting aids at the Denver head coach might predispose some to think you have an ax to grind.

But that's not the case.....right? ;D

It's the only avatar on the site better than that sweet gumby in yours :)

DenverBrit
05-12-2009, 06:53 PM
It's the only avatar on the site better than that sweet gumby in yours :)

I can understand your not liking Coors, but really! hmmm...

Anaximines
05-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I can understand your not liking Coors, but really! hmmm...

oh man, I never noticed the coors before actually

cutthemdown
05-12-2009, 07:09 PM
To be honest I don't think I ever made a comment about Orton on the Mane before, but I could be wrong.

We have went from a dynamic QB, to an average QB. I think everyone agrees on that. The thing people don't agree on is what QB will get more wins.

Then you have others like me who choose to not worry about it. If a player doesn't want to be on the team what can you do? Mcdaniels could have kissed ass, and Cutler may have still wanted to leave. Now you have a coach that groveled and didn't get the player, from that point on he gets no respect from the other players.

At least this way players know they have to play hard or they are gone.

I bet the Broncos fly around a lot this yr. You would be surprised how players will rally around a coach they feel is being attacked from the outside.

I think all the people laughing at Denver, saying they will stink, saying Mcdaniels can't get it done, will result in a close knit team that plays really hard for the coach.

OABB
05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
this

azbroncfan
05-12-2009, 07:23 PM
"He never had any weapons in Chicago

azbroncfan
05-12-2009, 07:34 PM

You mean you pulled up his numbers from his rookie year?

Blueflame
05-12-2009, 07:42 PM
There was a pretty well-written article that basically stated that we shouldn't panic about losing b****-boy and listed a few reasons why Orton might be a nice fit for the kind of team we're putting together.

Well-written? :spit: Only if you consider 6th-grade level language skills to be adequate. That article wouldn't have passed freshman English. At least not with the teacher I had.

summerdenver
05-12-2009, 08:44 PM
We have went from a dynamic QB, to an average QB. I think everyone agrees on that.

Are you sure Cutty? I recall reading lot of posts saying we are better off because orton is smarter, more accurate, throws less interceptions, just wins games .....

Popps
05-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Well-written? :spit: Only if you consider 6th-grade level language skills to be adequate. That article wouldn't have passed freshman English. At least not with the teacher I had.

From the perspective of putting an argument together. It's basically a blog, and as you can see from this board... proper grammar isn't a big priority with people.

I didn't say he was the next Hemingway, I just said it was well-written. He made a good case for his thesis.

Blueflame
05-12-2009, 11:20 PM
From the perspective of putting an argument together. It's basically a blog, and as you can see from this board... proper grammar isn't a big priority with people.

I didn't say he was the next Hemingway, I just said it was well-written. He made a good case for his thesis.

And my point is that it wasn't "well-written". We wouldn't be arguing the point right now if you'd said "it was basically a blog" and admitted that the author has a very weak grasp of grammar, spelling, and semantics (We are arguing "semantics" here...:) ). "Making a good case for his take" is a very different thing from "well-written", which does suggest at least a passing semblance of proper sentence structure and correct word usage. And an understanding that vowels are not interchangeable...that the words "birth" and "berth" have different meanings. Again, if that article had been submitted to my freshman English teacher, it would have had plentiful red marks on it and would have been lucky to be graded a "D". No way can it possibly be considered "well-written"....

DenverBrit
05-12-2009, 11:20 PM
oh man, I never noticed the coors before actually

Wild guess!! ;D

Lev Vyvanse
05-13-2009, 07:00 AM
And my point is that it wasn't "well-written". We wouldn't be arguing the point right now if you'd said "it was basically a blog" and admitted that the author has a very weak grasp of grammar, spelling, and semantics (We are arguing "semantics" here...:) ). "Making a good case for his take" is a very different thing from "well-written", which does suggest at least a passing semblance of proper sentence structure and correct word usage. And an understanding that vowels are not interchangeable...that the words "birth" and "berth" have different meanings. Again, if that article had been submitted to my freshman English teacher, it would have had plentiful red marks on it and would have been lucky to be graded a "D". No way can it possibly be considered "well-written"....

Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!