PDA

View Full Version : Browns rejected two substantial offers for Quinn

TonyR
05-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Were we one of the two?!?

Report: Browns Rejected Two “Very Substantial” Trade Offers For Quinn
Posted by Mike Florio on May 12, 2009, 10:08 a.m. EDT

So whatever happened with the possible trade of Browns quarterback Brady Quinn?

According to Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns rejected two “very substantial” trade offers for the 2007 first-round pick, for whom the Browns gave up a high second-round pick and a 2008 first-rounder.

Grossi cites an unnamed NFL source, who doesn’t work for any team but who works with NFL teams (whatever that means), and Grossi’s source also believes that Quinn will be the opening-day starter — not because the job will be handed to him, but because Quinn will win the looming competition for the job between Quinn and Derek Anderson.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/12/report-browns-rejected-two-very-substantial-trade-offers-for-quinn/

The person went on to say that the Browns had two "very subtantial" trade offers for Quinn -- each involved a No. 1 draft pick -- and declined to trade him.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/05/tony_grossis_blog_cleveland_br_3.html

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Probably. In all honesty, I can't imagine being content with Simms and Orton.

Gcver2ver3
05-12-2009, 08:42 AM
i doubt it...

SoDak Bronco
05-12-2009, 08:50 AM
This is a Mangini leak trying to create a market for a guy he wants to dump after seeing A) Quinn suck in mini-camp B) Anderson look great in mini-camp.

Mogulseeker
05-12-2009, 08:56 AM
I like Quinn, but apparently McD doesn't.

Not us.

Gcver2ver3
05-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Probably. In all honesty, I can't imagine being content with Simms and Orton.

well try imagining harder then...

Drek
05-12-2009, 09:30 AM
This is a Mangini leak trying to create a market for a guy he wants to dump after seeing A) Quinn suck in mini-camp B) Anderson look great in mini-camp.

Or C) got the guy he wants long term in Ratliff, and doesn't need two guys battling to be the placeholder.

I'd be amazed if they don't move one of the two (Anderson or Quinn) prior to pre-season. Ratliff wasn't just a random throw in on the Sanchez deal, the Browns had enough QBs to shoot down that theory. Mangini obviously likes him and therefore I don't see him being the #3 QB in town while they ignore trade value for someone like Anderson or Quinn.

Mogulseeker
05-12-2009, 09:34 AM
If McD was as high on Orton as he made it out to be in the trade, then I trust McD, and I think Orton runs the potential of suprising a lot of people this year.

Honestly, he looks a lot like Tom Brady in terms of style.

I like Quinn because he is a good athletic specimen, but a different style from Orton.

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 09:37 AM
If McD was as high on Orton as he made it out to be in the trade, then I trust McD, and I think Orton runs the potential of suprising a lot of people this year.

I like Quinn because he is a good athletic specimen, but a different style from Orton.

:spit:

Oh, jesus christ.

Has rationalizing really brought us this far...?!?

Mogulseeker
05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
:spit:

Oh, jesus christ.

Has rationalizing really brought us this far...?!?

I do happen to think that Tom Brady is one of the most overrated football players of all time.

DeuceOfClub
05-12-2009, 09:55 AM
...Grossi cites an unnamed NFL source, who doesn’t work for any team but who works with NFL teams (whatever that means)...

Put it on the board.

oubronco
05-12-2009, 10:27 AM

OMG are you kidding me ROFL!

gyldenlove
05-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Is this the same source that had us trading Cutler for Quinn or trading for Shaun Rogers last year?

footstepsfrom#27
05-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Yes they both wear helmets and cleats.

I haven't done any drugs since 1978 but I'll take some of whatever that is you're smoking just the same.

vancejohnson82
05-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes they both wear helmets and cleats.

I haven't done any drugs since 1978 but I'll take some of whatever that is you're smoking just the same.

in other words, "fluff" post

Beantown Bronco
05-12-2009, 12:45 PM

http://jefflittle.ca/images/orton.jpg

vs.

http://www.engagements.ca/images/tombrady_giselle_FP_1248038_Celebrities_at_The_Cos tume_institute_Gala_in_NYC_.jpg

gyldenlove
05-12-2009, 12:57 PM

vs.

http://www.engagements.ca/images/tombrady_giselle_FP_1248038_Celebrities_at_The_Cos tume_institute_Gala_in_NYC_.jpg

One guy is rocking a 10 grand suit with a supermodel, the other is in the back of a stretch lincoln towncar with a blonde who looks like she should have stayed at the grocery checkout and a neckbeard you could lose a troupe of boyscouts in.

Pseudofool
05-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Just saw John Clayton on NFL Live say the Broncos offered a first round pick for Quinn, he added that no one knows who the second team was.

(FWIW, I think he's speculating on the Broncos).

Beantown Bronco
05-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Just saw John Clayton on NFL Live say the Broncos offered a first round pick for Quinn, he added that no one knows who the second team was.

I don't think anyone would be shocked if the Broncos were one of the teams involved. What would potentially be shocking would be the timing of that involvement. Whether it came pre- or post- Cutler trade is huge.

Mogulseeker
05-12-2009, 01:44 PM

vs.

Playing style.

Doesn't mean I don't want to party with Kyle Orton.

colonelbeef
05-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Of course they balked at trading Quinn, smart teams don't let go of young QB's with loads of talent.

Gcver2ver3
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM

john clayton is clueless, and wrong as always...

bpc
05-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Saw the Clayton bit. Not really surprised. If we were offering our 1st rounder (top 10) next year for the top rated CB left in the 2nd round, i'm pretty sure we were offering a first for Quinn.

How awesome would that have been if our 1st round this year would have consisted of Brady Quinn and Knowshon Moreno?

BroncoBuff
05-12-2009, 05:57 PM
well try imagining harder then...

LOL

eddie mac
05-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Of course they balked at trading Quinn, smart teams don't let go of young QB's with loads of talent.

Did Quinn request a trade???

Did Quinn stay away from voluntary camps???

Has Quinn cried like a bitch since the Head Coach was fired and replaced???

I know the answer to all 3. Seems like most on here still struggle with that philosophy.

Gcver2ver3
05-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Saw the Clayton bit. Not really surprised. If we were offering our 1st rounder (top 10) next year for the top rated CB left in the 2nd round, i'm pretty sure we were offering a first for Quinn.

How awesome would that have been if our 1st round this year would have consisted of Brady Quinn and Knowshon Moreno?

you have a loser's mentality...

we haven't played a down yet but you expect us in the bottom 10?...

just because Smith slid to the 2nd doesn't mean he doesn't have a 1st rd grade...

even though we turned down Washington's earlier pick to get Orton you want to believe we offered a 1st for Quinn?...

you have a loser's mentality...

just sayin...

GreatBronco16
05-12-2009, 06:03 PM
At this point, why does it really matter???