PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here bought an Orton Bronco's jersey yet?

broncosteven
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I will take a Simms jersey as a yes also.

I was at my local library here in the suburbs of Chi-town and saw a guy wearing a Bears Cutler Jersey.

Cutler Jerseys accost one the minute you step foot inside a Sportsmart or Dicks sporting goods store here. You cannot gain entrance to a sports store without being confronted by a rack of Cutler jerseys.

It hit home when I saw my first DA BEARS fan wearing a Cutler jersey up close and personal. I have seen DA BEARs fans on TV at Cub/Sox games a couple days (week maybe) after the trade, but not next to me in line until last week.

I don't remember seeing anyone in Chi-town wearing an Orton Jersey ever, I saw a guy in a REXMAN Jersey tear it up after REXMAN threw a pick in the Minn game that they clinched the NFC North in a couple years ago but never stood next to anyone wearing an Orton Jersey.

Urlicker, Hester, and Forte were the big local jerseys last year.

I tried googling for sales info comparing Cutler to Orton/Simms but I must not be using the right keywords.

I was just wondering if Orton jersey's are flooding Denver by storm.

Los Broncos
05-11-2009, 03:48 PM
I have a hard time thinking anyone here would by an Orton jersey.

broncosteven
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I will take "I have seen someone else wearing an Orton Broncos Jersey" as a yes.

Ambiguous
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM

LOL

Blueflame
05-11-2009, 03:51 PM
No. And I have no intentions of ever buying a current player's jersey. Retired players' or personalized jerseys is the only way to go.

broncosteven
05-11-2009, 03:52 PM
No. And I have no intentions of ever buying a current player's jersey. Retired players' or personalized jerseys is the only way to go.

It will be awhile before I buy a current players jersey myself.

It is just odd to see how fast Cutler Jersey's are selling here.

Hotrod
05-11-2009, 03:52 PM
who???

Br0nc0Buster
05-11-2009, 03:54 PM
yes
I have 7 Denver Orton Jerseys

Thats all I wear, every day of the week

Popps
05-11-2009, 03:54 PM

Yea, we know. You've bored us to sleep with that story 1000 times this week.

Anything else?

Hotrod
05-11-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.bamboozle.ca/wp-content/ColonBlow.jpg

Blueflame
05-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Yea, we know. You've bored us to sleep with that story 1000 times this week.

Anything else?

Exaggerate much? :P

oubronco
05-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Has anyone here bought an Orton Bronco's jersey yet?

:spit: :spit: :spit:

Gcver2ver3
05-11-2009, 04:41 PM
I have a hard time thinking anyone here would by an Orton jersey.

i will...

and many others will have by midseason...

RunSilentRunDeep
05-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm debating an Orton jersey or a needle in the eye. Tough call.

TheChamp24
05-11-2009, 04:46 PM
What I'm more interested in is the amount of doctored former Cutler jersey's we will see come this fall.

Los Broncos
05-11-2009, 04:54 PM
i will...

I wouldn't waste my money, but that's just me.

broncosteven
05-11-2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.bamboozle.ca/wp-content/ColonBlow.jpg

Did you watch Sunday Morning on CBS yesterday?

Orange_Beard
05-11-2009, 05:04 PM
I will wait until after the season and grab one off the sale rack (lol)

Taco John
05-11-2009, 05:16 PM
I wonder if Orton will have better luck in Denver than his mentor. Or Simms for that matter. We might think about hiring Griese as a quarterback coach with all the history he has in guiding our current guys.

Blueflame
05-11-2009, 05:19 PM
I will wait until after the season and grab one off the sale rack (lol)

Even on sale it would be a waste of $$ if... as many have speculated here... he is most likely moving on sometime next offseason.

TheManeMan
05-11-2009, 05:24 PM
kinda on/off topic...I saw someone wearing a #81 Bills jersey on Saturday.

GreatBronco16
05-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I just bought a Broncos Cutler jersey. Is there something I'm missing here?

SoDak Bronco
05-11-2009, 05:32 PM
i'd go buy a MORENO jersey

Broncosfreak_56
05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
The day of the trade I went to a nuggets game and a guy there had a cutler jersey with cutler crossed out and orton spelled with tape. Does that count?

Taco John
05-11-2009, 06:29 PM
The day of the trade I went to a nuggets game and a guy there had a cutler jersey with cutler crossed out and orton spelled with tape. Does that count?

Winner winner!

BroncoDoug
05-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I just bought a Broncos Cutler jersey. Is there something I'm missing here?

I don't know, apperently some Orton dude wants us to buy his jerseys or something... I'm confused. I'll stick with my Cutler jersey

broncosteven
05-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I wonder if Orton will have better luck in Denver than his mentor. Or Simms for that matter. We might think about hiring Griese as a quarterback coach with all the history he has in guiding our current guys.

It is sad that Chicago went out and got Griese and started him over Orton when they could have just played Orton.

I am still convinced that Lovie had the early TC this year to evaluate Orton and decide if they could win with him or needed to make a big move to grab a top flight QB.

If I get a chance at DA BEARS TC I will ask Lovie.

cmhargrove
05-11-2009, 06:50 PM

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Moreno will be the schnizzle by mid-season. Mark my words....

Blueflame
05-11-2009, 06:50 PM
It is sad that Chicago went out and got Griese and started him over Orton when they could have just played Orton.

I am still convinced that Lovie had the early TC this year to evaluate Orton and decide if they could win with him or needed to make a big move to grab a top flight QB.

If I get a chance at DA BEARS TC I will ask Lovie.

The sad fact is that Griese's numbers are better in every category than Orton's are. Hence, it follows that anyone who's "co-signing" the "case for Orton as an upgrade" has to also be agreeing that Griese would be an upgrade as well.

*ducks and runs for cover*

Griese:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GrieBr00.htm

Orton:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00.htm

BroncoBuff
05-11-2009, 06:59 PM

We did that with Plummer and Cutler just 2 1/2 years ago ...

I didn't think we'd have to pull out the tape and scissors again so soon :(

Orange_Beard
05-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Even on sale it would be a waste of $$ if... as many have speculated here... he is most likely moving on sometime next offseason.

That's the point. They will be on the sale rack, just like the Cutler/Plummer/Griese Jersey were................

Williams
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
The sad fact is that Griese's numbers are better in every category than Orton's are. Hence, it follows that anyone who's "co-signing" the "case for Orton as an upgrade" has to also be agreeing that Griese would be an upgrade as well.

*ducks and runs for cover*

Griese:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GrieBr00.htm

Orton:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00.htm

Weak. You could make the same argument for Griese's numbers > Cutler's.

ie, here's a pretty important one...

Griese:

QBrec -- 45-38-0

Cutler:

QBrec -- 17-20-0

Blueflame
05-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Weak. You could make the same argument for Griese's numbers > Cutler's.

ie, here's a pretty important one...

Griese:

QBrec -- 45-38-0

Cutler:

QBrec -- 17-20-0

The point is that "I" think the spin that "Orton is an upgrade" is totally asinine. Orton wasn't good enough to keep Griese's butt planted on the bench in Chicago and he is a clear downgrade from Cutler, regardless of what some amateurish sportswriter-wannabe says.

Blueflame
05-11-2009, 08:24 PM
That's the point. They will be on the sale rack, just like the Cutler/Plummer/Griese Jersey were................

But why would you wanna own the jersey of a well-traveled journeyman who, when all is said and done, will probably have only played in Denver for one season? I wouldn't pay 25 cents for it at a yard sale.

Williams
05-11-2009, 08:32 PM
The point is that "I" think the spin that "Orton is an upgrade" is totally asinine. Orton wasn't good enough to keep Griese's butt planted on the bench in Chicago and he is a clear downgrade from Cutler, regardless of what some amateurish sportswriter-wannabe says.

I wont be running out buying an Orton jersey right away either, but I'm willing to at least give him a shot. I agree that the QB position has suffered a talent downgrade, but am still excited to see if Orton can excel in McD's system ala Cassell. Win, lose or draw, at least we're no longer stuck with a whiney b*tch behind center.

Pony Boy
05-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I think I will take my old Craig Morton jersey and just cover up the "M".

~Crash~
05-11-2009, 09:46 PM

go ahead he will be averaging 3.3 yards a cary by midseason ...great buy...:flower:

Popps
05-11-2009, 10:04 PM
But why would you wanna own the jersey of a well-traveled journeyman who, when all is said and done, will probably have only played in Denver for one season? I wouldn't pay 25 cents for it at a yard sale.

http://canuckjihad.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/crybaby.png?w=300&h=425

Popps
05-11-2009, 10:06 PM
go ahead he will be averaging 3.3 yards a cary by midseason ...great buy...:flower:

Really, dude? He'll be averaging 3.3 yards? What kind of logic do you base that upon, sir?

Please, enlighten us.

Poor guy. It's going to be rough for you if this team plays well, huh.

Blueflame
05-11-2009, 10:27 PM
http://canuckjihad.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/crybaby.png?w=300&h=425

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/dmajorfifth/Kool-Aid.jpg

~Crash~
05-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Really, dude? He'll be averaging 3.3 yards? What kind of logic do you base that upon, sir?

Please, enlighten us.

Poor guy. It's going to be rough for you if this team plays well, huh.well dude ........................................! he wants to dance ..... and dude if he dances in the NFL dude . NFL will stad for Not for long ! Dude:spit:

~Crash~
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
everyone wants to say this guy is a sure thing ... not true Nothing is for sure in the NFL

goldengopher1976
05-11-2009, 10:37 PM

Do you really think Moreno will average 3.3 ypc? That just seems like an unrealistically low number to me. If he stays healthy, I think a much more realistic expectation would be for Moreno to average somewhere around 4.3 ypc and gain over 1000 yds. I'm not a betting man, however, so I'll gladly just watch along with you for the actual numbers...

~Crash~
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Do you really think Moreno will average 3.3 ypc? That just seems like an unrealistically low number to me. If he stays healthy, I think a much more realistic expectation would be for Moreno to average somewhere around 4.3 ypc and gain over 1000 yds. I'm not a betting man, however, so I'll gladly just watch along with you for the actual numbers...

actually I have no clue lol just seeing if taco changed my name nope I guess he showed me ... dropping the 56 part of my name .

footstepsfrom#27
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah it's on my list right below my burning desire for a Vernon Fox and a Matt McChesney.

Blueflame
05-11-2009, 10:48 PM
actually I have no clue lol just seeing if taco changed my name nope I guess he showed me ... dropping the 56 part of my name .

Are you wanting a username change? 'Cause I could probably do that for you.

Miss I.
05-11-2009, 10:59 PM
I thought of a nickname for Cutler that's not even obscene, Cookler...also I think he should change is his # to 666. I made a mockup kind of quickly, cuz I got to go to work now. (admittedly not the best, but must run now).;D

But seriously all the best Jay, but I want my team to kick your team's arse. That is all.

Hulamau
05-11-2009, 11:52 PM

This will be a fun one to revisit in two years.

Blueflame
05-11-2009, 11:57 PM

Why? ??? It will still be true then...

Popps
05-12-2009, 12:01 AM

One thing you need to learn about the minions is that there IS NO scenario to which they'll admit being on the wrong side of things.

If Orton wins 10 straight Superbowls featuring undefeated seasons and shatters all NFL passing records along the way, you'll still hear Bluepain and the other minions crediting it to Shanahan, saying we would have done it better with Cutler, etc.

Some people want the franchise to win, some people just want to be right. I'd say right now, it's fairly apparent who is who.

Popps
05-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Do you really think Moreno will average 3.3 ypc?

He's got no idea. He says the kid "dances." Good lord, he put up monster numbers against one of the toughest conferences in football and is almost a Terrell Davis clone.

"Dances?"

If you think that take stinks, it's probably because it was just pulled out of his arse.

Blueflame
05-12-2009, 12:16 AM
One thing you need to learn about the minions is that there IS NO scenario to which they'll admit being on the wrong side of things.

If Orton wins 10 straight Superbowls featuring undefeated seasons and shatters all NFL passing records along the way, you'll still hear Bluepain and the other minions crediting it to Shanahan, saying we would have done it better with Cutler, etc.

Some people want the franchise to win, some people just want to be right. I'd say right now, it's fairly apparent who is who.

I've been posting on this forum with Hula since he got here in August of 2003... my guess is that if he isn't already familiar with my posting style in 5+ years on the same board, your "always-wrong" takes on me aren't going to help him become more so. :P

Bob's your Information Minister
05-12-2009, 12:41 AM
I've been through this in a way so I can help you guys. I purchased not one, but two Elvis Grbac jerseys. Let me know if you have any questions about feeling inadequate or stupid, or just general feelings of weakness.

~Crash~
05-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I've been through this in a way so I can help you guys. I purchased not one, but two Elvis Grbac jerseys. Let me know if you have any questions about feeling inadequate or stupid, or just general feelings of weakness.

LOL I now may buy a Orton Jersey if bob say he sucks....nope he is still the rubber band man .....

I might make me a jersey I been using this as a avatar in places ..thanks to ever made it in here it gives me a huge laugh every time I see it .

By the way I like Orton but to say he is an up grade is nuts and the people that think this are :clown: s

vancejohnson82
05-12-2009, 11:11 AM
He's got no idea. He says the kid "dances." Good lord, he put up monster numbers against one of the toughest conferences in football and is almost a Terrell Davis clone.

"Dances?"

If you think that take stinks, it's probably because it was just pulled out of his arse.

hahahaha....DANCES????

Popps, you are exactly right.....all I do on Saturdays in the fall is watch SEC football, and if you "dance" in that conference you are toast...its the closest thing to the NFL in regards to player speed and size....

obviously whoever wrote that really doesnt watch college football....teams were chomping at the bit to get Moreno because he DOESNT dance...

and don't go posting YouTubes of his spins in open field because thats not dancing....dancing is moving laterally behind the line of scrimmage looking for a makeshift whole....one cut and downfield is what you want...and tahts what Moreno does.

Mogulseeker
05-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Why? ??? It will still be true then...

I have a feeling I'll have an Orton jersey by mid-season

Mogulseeker
05-12-2009, 11:43 AM
LOL I now may buy a Orton Jersey if bob say he sucks....nope he is still the rubber band man .....

I might make me a jersey I been using this as a avatar in places ..thanks to ever made it in here it gives me a huge laugh every time I see it .

By the way I like Orton but to say he is an up grade is nuts and the people that think this are :clown: s

That is so Kyle Orton...

Orton's unassuming manner makes him popular with his teammates and coaches. Orton claims to be nothing more than a country boy who chews tobacco, fishes for bass and drives a beat-up red pickup truck.

gyldenlove
05-12-2009, 12:26 PM

Oh yeah! I apologize if someone came up with this before me.

HEAV
05-12-2009, 12:39 PM
i will...

For me it would depend on if he is resigned at after this year.

Rabb
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
no but I am seriously thinking of a Dawkins jersey and I am totally anti-active player jerseys now that I have a Holliday one in my closet

Dawkins to me is just an honor to have here, just like Lynch to me...I am proud he is a Bronco

BroncoBuff
05-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Everybody ... don't buy Orton yet.

I'm tellin' ya, Chris Simms is gonna win the job. His spleen and then Gruden's vindictiveness derailed his career for a couple seasons, so he has a chip on his shoulder. I think he's gonna be huge here.

Right now I'd buy a Simms jersey before an Orton one.

BroncoBuff
05-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I purchased not one, but two Elvis Grbac jerseys.
How do you like that quarterback now?

colonelbeef
05-12-2009, 01:41 PM
It will be awhile before I buy a current players jersey myself.

It is just odd to see how fast Cutler Jersey's are selling here.

Shouldn't be that odd, Cutler is a young superstar QB that magically fell into Chicago's lap

broncosteven
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Shouldn't be that odd, Cutler is a young superstar QB that magically fell into Chicago's lap

I guess it is the excitement here now with the Hawks playing the dead wings in the conf finals and Cuter coming to town. Chicago is rocking. too bad the Chi-sox are sucking ass.

Karenin
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM

You sound pretty confident in yourself.... I'll put up to $5k on the over (over 3.3 ypc at midseason, for our purposes we'll say after game 8). Escrow obviously required, PM me to get this set up.

broncofan7
05-12-2009, 04:06 PM
If Kyle Orton throws for 4500 yards and 25 TDs I will buy 10 people here on this board authentic Orton Jerseys........on another note,my friend took an old Cedric Benson Jersey (32) put a "+1 next to it in tape), covered 'Benson' in masking tape and wrote 'Cutler' over it with a Marker......Those Bears fans are pretty enterprising folks and are plenty excited about next year......

Tombstone RJ
05-12-2009, 04:46 PM

I'm tellin' ya, Chris Simms is gonna win the job. His spleen and then Gruden's vindictiveness derailed his career for a couple seasons, so he has a chip on his shoulder. I think he's gonna be huge here.

I really don't know why your so in love with Simms. I like the guy too but he has not played ball in like 3 years and that is a lifetime in the NFL.

I don't have the numbers (but I encourage you to research this) but I think that the success of a QB coming back after an extended time out of the NFL is rare.

In the last 20 years or so, can you think of any NFL QBs who were out of football for three years and then came back and made an immediate impact? I sure can't, not off the top of my head...

BroncoBuff
05-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Poor guy. It's going to be rough for you if this team plays well, huh.

Would you cut that crap out? You're becoming a horse's arse...

BroncoBuff
05-12-2009, 04:56 PM
I really don't know why your so in love with Simms. I like the guy too but he has not played ball in like 3 years and that is a lifetime in the NFL.

I don't have the numbers (but I encourage you to research this) but I think that the success of a QB coming back after an extended time out of the NFL is rare.

In the last 20 years or so, can you think of any NFL QBs who were out of football for three years and then came back and made an immediate impact? I sure can't, not off the top of my head...

Well, it's actually just 2 3/4 years ... but I hadn't thought of that, the comeback chances. Maybe Kerry Collins? Daunte Culpepper? Drew Bledsoe? Earl Morrall? I know Matt Cassel sat on his arse for 4 years at USC and 4 years in the NFL, and he was pretty good on a moment's notice.

What I DO know (because I watched him on the Ticket a lot) is that Simms showed some major flashes of on-field leadership before first the ruptured spleen, and then Gruden's vindictiveness ... flashes of excellence I thought. We oughtta know in two months ... you heard it here first (I've been saying it for a month :thumbs:)

broncosteven
05-12-2009, 05:59 PM

BB, reread my inital post to start the thread:

"I will take a Simms jersey as a yes also."

I was just trying to take the pulse of how our new QB(s) have been accepted and supported by the local community.

Right now it sounds like people are waiting to see them perform which is the way I feel.

Not a lot of homers rushing out and buying Orton/Simms jerseys compared to the buzz in Chicago.

broncosteven
05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Well, it's actually just 2 3/4 years ... but I hadn't thought of that, the comeback chances. Maybe Kerry Collins? Daunte Culpepper? Drew Bledsoe? Earl Morrall? I know Matt Cassel sat on his arse for 4 years at USC and 4 years in the NFL, and he was pretty good on a moment's notice.

What I DO know (because I watched him on the Ticket a lot) is that Simms showed some major flashes of on-field leadership before first the ruptured spleen, and then Gruden's vindictiveness ... flashes of excellence I thought. We oughtta know in two months ... you heard it here first (I've been saying it for a month :thumbs:)

If Orton wasn't in a contract year I would say the competition would be closer. I think it is Orton's job to lose.

TonyR
05-12-2009, 07:54 PM
...Cutler is a young superstar QB...

Is that what you hope and/or think he'll become or what you actually think he is? He is relatively young, I'll give you that much. But superstar? Really?

Hogan11
05-12-2009, 08:27 PM
I'd get an old Bubby Brister jersey instead.

Hulamau
05-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I've been posting on this forum with Hula since he got here in August of 2003... my guess is that if he isn't already familiar with my posting style in 5+ years on the same board, your "always-wrong" takes on me aren't going to help him become more so. :P

For what its worth I actually came in 2001 but somehow during one of the server conversions in 2003 it became my new start date .... now continue on what were we talking about? :peace:

Blueflame
05-12-2009, 09:57 PM
For what its worth I actually came in 2001 but somehow during one of the server conversions in 2003 it became my new start date .... now continue on what were we talking about? :peace:

I thought you'd been here longer than that. :flower: Anyway, I think you're quite capable of forming your own opinions about my posting style (if you haven't already) and don't need any help. ;D

80smith
05-12-2009, 10:09 PM
no but I am seriously thinking of a Dawkins jersey and I am totally anti-active player jerseys now that I have a Holliday one in my closet

Dawkins to me is just an honor to have here, just like Lynch to me...I am proud he is a Bronco

Amen!

80smith
05-12-2009, 10:20 PM
I will take a Simms jersey as a yes also.

I was at my local library here in the suburbs of Chi-town and saw a guy wearing a Bears Cutler Jersey.

Cutler Jerseys accost one the minute you step foot inside a Sportsmart or ***** sporting goods store here. You cannot gain entrance to a sports store without being confronted by a rack of Cutler jerseys.

It hit home when I saw my first DA BEARS fan wearing a Cutler jersey up close and personal. I have seen DA BEARs fans on TV at Cub/Sox games a couple days (week maybe) after the trade, but not next to me in line until last week.

I don't remember seeing anyone in Chi-town wearing an Orton Jersey ever, I saw a guy in a REXMAN Jersey tear it up after REXMAN threw a pick in the Minn game that they clinched the NFC North in a couple years ago but never stood next to anyone wearing an Orton Jersey.

Urlicker, Hester, and Forte were the big local jerseys last year.

I tried googling for sales info comparing Cutler to Orton/Simms but I must not be using the right keywords.

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!............. I have been looking for an Orton Broncos Jersey to wear in Chicago. I have found NOTHING. So Pat or Orton, if you are reading...... Please send me an Orton jersey so I can wear it!!! I'm thinking about getting an Orton bears jersey to wear for now but I'm saving for a Blackhawks jersey instead.....

chadta
05-13-2009, 05:34 AM
i tried to get one, apparently they are back ordered, meaning soon as demand passes a bakers dozen theyll start to make them, i was told this in the utmost confidence by the chick at the sportcheck store so please dont tell anybody.

~Crash~
05-19-2009, 08:47 PM

the sad part is we basicly threw 300 mill away getting Cutler to a better QB to throw him away. most QB's the light goes on in year 4...........:confuzzle

ScottXray
05-19-2009, 08:57 PM
the sad part is we basicly threw 300 mill away getting Cutler to a better QB to throw him away. most QB's the light goes on in year 4...........:confuzzle

With the Betes if Jay doesn't stop drinking the light may never get full power.

And No I don't have an Orton jersey. I'll sell my Cutler jersey ...cheap.

DarkHorse30
05-20-2009, 09:21 AM

I thought it was supposed to be year 3......grandfather beetus clause?

Evenrude
05-20-2009, 01:17 PM
I have not purchased a jersey yet, but I am growing a neckbeard in his honor.