PDA

View Full Version : Florio backhands the Broncos

TheReverend
05-11-2009, 09:12 AM
3. San Diego Chargers

Last year, the San Diego Chargers needed a miracle to capture the watered-down AFC West and make it to the playoffs.

This year, lightning might not strike again.

On paper, the Chargers have the talent. But questions persist regarding whether Norv Turner is the right man for this or any NFL head-coaching job.

So even with Philip Rivers(notes), LaDainian Tomlinson(notes), Darren Sproles(notes) and a healthy Shawne Merriman(notes) and a healthy Jyles Tucker(notes) and a rookie first-rounder who does the same thing that both of them do, it might not be enough to make it four straight division titles in a wide-open AFC West featuring teams in Kansas City and Oakland that might be more dangerous than expected. (We can forget about the Broncos.)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=sixnflplayoffteamsthatmi&prov=tsn&type=lgns

telluride
05-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Dog bites man.

Drek
05-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Given his track record of success isn't this actually a good thing for the Broncos?

I think we're the best team in the division. We were last year despite a defense with six starters who can't cut it as roster depth anywhere else in the league, and we've only improved from there. The Chargers are overrated, their stars are breaking down, and AJ Smith's draft crystal ball has seemed to be on the fritz the last few years.

theAPAOps5
05-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Wonder what his excuse will be when he is wrong. Mile High Mojoe writes better blogs than that hack. And thats not a compliment to MHM

bronco militia
05-11-2009, 09:19 AM
just florio being florio when there's no poo to fling

but...

I'm not sure what part of this offseason gives broncos fans and non-broncos fans hope of a division championship.

gyldenlove
05-11-2009, 09:23 AM
At least he didn't give us a reach-around.

backup qb
05-11-2009, 09:27 AM
yawn

TheReverend
05-11-2009, 09:28 AM

but...

I'm not sure what part of this offseason gives broncos fans and non-broncos fans hope of a division championship.

Have to agree. The return of Merriman isn't exactly hope inspiring either. Regardless, it'll be a fun season to watch and see.

dbfan21
05-11-2009, 09:31 AM
I love getting dissed. It HAS to fire the team up. I have always worried when the Broncos got too much love.

Maybe this will add some fuel to their fire when TC starts.

Drek
05-11-2009, 09:33 AM

but...

Probably that we've improved nearly every unit and look to have significantly better coaches doing jobs they're qualified for.

On field talent wise we've only regressed at QB. We've seen big upgrades in the secondary, the RB stable, and a couple solid contributors to the DL and LB corps.

On the sidelines we've seen a dramatic upgrade at both offensive and defensive play caller jobs.

Other than the talent gap between Cutler to Orton, this team has gotten better or stayed the same (at positions of young depth like OL and WR) across the board.

orange skier
05-11-2009, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE=Drek;2413917]

I think we're the best team in the division. We were last year despite a defense with six starters who can't cut it as roster depth anywhere else in the league, and we've only improved from there. The Chargers are overrated, their stars are breaking down. QUOTE]

Wow Drek..............couldn't have said it better........I felt that losing the last three was ridiculous.............but we were that close.......the Chargers had Cutler's number, no question.......I felt that we were a safety and a middle linebacker away from great things last year..........I feel we've addressed those issues, improved our "O", and I think our special teams will finally be on track.........we've got a tough, tough schedule this year, no question....but I'm not sold on San Diego..........Norv Turner has never impressed me...........I'm excited about our team heading into the summer.........

DeuceOfClub
05-11-2009, 09:38 AM
... Kansas City and Oakland that might be more dangerous than expected....

Lost all credibility (not that he had any) right there.
I will be very surprised if both team will get more than 7 wins combined.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-11-2009, 09:41 AM
I dont quite understand why KC and Oakland might suddenly be dangerous, but there's no chance we will be. I really just dont understand that.

bowtown
05-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Good, I hope everyone does forget about us.

TonyR
05-11-2009, 09:47 AM
I think we're the best team in the division. We were last year...

I don't agree with the bolded part. I think the Chargers proved beyond any reasonable doubt that they were the best team in the division last year. Yes they "underachieved" for much of the season but they closed out the regular season with 4 straight wins, won a playoff game, and were respectable against the Steelers. The best team won the division.

Popps
05-11-2009, 09:52 AM
It's fine. I hope everyone just forgets about us.

No problem.

Rohirrim
05-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Seems to me the AFCW has become just about the most pathetic division in the league. Has a team ever won a division with a sub .500 record? Because it could happen this year.

Mogulseeker
05-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Given his track record of success isn't this actually a good thing for the Broncos?

I think we're the best team in the division. We were last year despite a defense with six starters who can't cut it as roster depth anywhere else in the league, and we've only improved from there. The Chargers are overrated, their stars are breaking down, and AJ Smith's draft crystal ball has seemed to be on the fritz the last few years.

The Chargers are the best team in the division, but we are a whole lot better than what we get credit for.

TonyR
05-11-2009, 10:01 AM
The Chargers are the best team in the division...

Agree, until the Broncos (or Chiefs or Raiders) prove otherwise.

400HZ
05-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Peter King Monday Morning QB. He rates all 32 teams.. some interesting stuff.

of note:

4. Chicago
I may not like how Jay Cutler babied his way out of Denver, but by Labor Day, the football world will have forgotten, and by Thanksgiving, the most popular baby name in Chicagoland will be Jay. (Unless it's Jerry, as in Angelo, the man who stuck his neck out and made this deal.) Cutler's a big-time player, and I suspect we'll find out over the next few years if he has nerves of steel and can win the big game.

Now, there's two things we don't know about Cutler and this offense. There's not a great receiver in the house and no promise of one on the way (Angelo should have guaranteed Torry Holt more money to get him to come to the Windy City). So Cutler's going to have to make do with the Devin Hesters and Rashied Davises, apparently. (Not that there's anything wrong with Hester. But he should be a third receiver, using his speed to game-break.)

Two: How good of a leader can Cutler be, coming in with the knock that he chafes on some teammates. It'll be interesting to see if he meshes well with Brian Urlacher; I don't take for granted that he will. Because of the Cutler factor and because I don't love the defense the way I did two or three years ago, I didn't want to leap the Bears over so many other teams. But then I went back and looked at their 2008 numbers. The bedrock stats for a good defense, I've always thought, are opponents yards per rush, turnovers forced and opponents' yards per pass. The yards per rush, 3.4, was excellent, third-best in the league. Turnovers forced, 32, was very good, second in the league. And yards per pass play by foes, 6.20, was eighth in the league. All good. If Cutler can lead an offense that puts up 400 points, only a point and a fraction more than a year ago, the Bears should win 12.

7. San Diego
Philip Rivers' great 2008 season was lost in the fog of a weird, controversial 8-8 year. I bet there haven't been 20 seasons -- ever -- as statistically impressive as the one Rivers had last year: 65 percent passing, 4,009 yards, plus-23 touchdown-to-interception differential. Now Shawne Merriman returns with his wacked-out, Seau-like desperation to succeed, and first-rounder Larry English comes from the Mid-American Conference determined to prove A.J. Smith didn't reach for him. This team's good enough to win 13, but it has to survive the toughest road schedule in the league: at Pittsburgh, at the Giants, at Dallas, at Tennessee, all in the last three months.

20. Denver
For years, Broncos fans had to sit back and just trust Mike Shanahan, because some of those weird Maurice Clarett-ish decisions he made were so counter-intuitive. So now Pat Bowlen hires boy wonder Josh McDaniels, and the Broncos fans have to think the same thing all over again. Jettisoning Jay Cutler? Drafting a running back with the first pick when the crying needs are all over the defense? Paying a long-snapper $1 million a year? I like McDaniels. I think he's smart, he doesn't have rabbit-ears, and he's a man of his convictions. He can coach the hell out of the quarterback position, but he may not have a very long honeymoon period.

27. Oakland
In every story about the Raiders' prospects this offseason, there's been some reference to the attitude/work ethic/study habits of JaMarcus Russell needing improvement. That's not good. The quarterback of your team has to know enough to be the hardest worker and the leader, and it sounds like Russell is neither. He's still young enough in his career to become that worker bee, but you've got to have your doubts as of now. I like that Tom Cable doesn't seem to be taking any crap from him, or anyone on the team, for that matter. I just don't think it's enough to get a team with questionable skill players and a mediocre defense over the top.

29. Kansas City
Could the Chiefs be this year's Dolphins, a team that gets a quarterback and magically starts being competent? Don't think so. Not unless the front seven of Kansas City is a lot better than it appears right now. The Chiefs surrendered an alarming 5.0 yards per rush last year, and that's not going to change overnight just because they're playing a 3-4 now and because they picked a couple of big bodies, Tyson Jackson and Alex Magee, with their first two choices in the draft.

bronco militia
05-11-2009, 10:03 AM
I think he's smart, he doesn't have rabbit-ears, and he's a man of his convictions. He can coach the hell out of the quarterback position, but he may not have a very long honeymoon period.

he will have no honeymoon with the fans

rovolution
05-11-2009, 10:05 AM
lol @ the mention of a healthy Jyles Tucker being an impact.

didnt know Florio was into comedy writing nowdays

Gcver2ver3
05-11-2009, 10:06 AM

i couldn't POSSIBLY agree more with a post...

here is the Chargers record the past 3 seasons:

2006: 14-2
2007: 11-5
2008: 8-8

you see a trend?...

Mogulseeker
05-11-2009, 10:08 AM
i couldn't POSSIBLY agree more with a post...

here is the Chargers record the past 3 seasons:

2006: 14-2
2007: 11-5
2008: 8-8

you see a trend?...

5-11???

oubronco
05-11-2009, 10:53 AM
5-11???

and AFCW champs :spit:

BroncoBuff
05-11-2009, 11:09 AM
The Chargers are the best team in the division, but we are a whole lot better than what we get credit for.
I agree the Chargers are the best team right now, hands down.

But it's near-impossible to grade the Broncos. Florio is dead wrong (and stupid) to say "forget about" us, but Drek is too blue-sky imo, to say we're better than San Diego.

We know only three good/great things about the Broncos: Our starting WRs, our starting O-line, and the offensive excellence of our head coach.

The rest is all a mystery ... the defense is changing entirely, with a load of aging free agents and no defensive linemen to speak of. As I am wont to say, Marcus Thomas has more career starts (21) than ALL the rest of the linemen on the roster combined. We could EASILY be the same 29th ranked defense again.

These enormous changes take time, we gotta spot McD 2009 .... it'll be great if we do well of course, but it's unrealistic to expect even .500.

Rohirrim
05-11-2009, 11:21 AM

But it's near-impossible to grade the Broncos. Florio is dead wrong (and stupid) to say "forget about" us, but Drek is too blue-sky imo, to say we're better than San Diego.

We know only three good/great things about the Broncos: Our starting WRs, our starting O-line, and the offensive excellence of our head coach.

The rest is all a mystery ... the defense is changing entirely, with a load of aging free agents and no defensive linemen to speak of. As I am wont to say, Marcus Thomas has more career starts (21) than ALL the rest of the linemen on the roster combined. We could EASILY be the same 29th ranked defense again.

These enormous changes take time, we gotta spot McD 2009 .... it'll be great if we do well of course, but it's unrealistic to expect even .500.

I think the running game will be impressive, but I don't see how the D will have improved much from last year.

footstepsfrom#27
05-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Seems to me the AFCW has become just about the most pathetic division in the league. Has a team ever won a division with a sub .500 record? Because it could happen this year.
QFT.

Paladin
05-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I think the running game will be impressive, but I don't see how the D will have improved much from last year.

They don't have to improve a whole lot to do better than last year. And therein lies the crux of the more optimistic beliefs of the many true fans hereon. The O has not really lost much, even with the undisciplined Cutler gone. I expect longer drives and more TDs.

The D will profit from some coaching. I don't know that they were that bad last year since many here convinced me that Slowik and the D coaches had not a clue what they were doing. Is it too much to believe that there will be some improvement?

I think the Broncos will have improved more than the Sparkies will have improved. One can argue that until the games are played, but I think the Denver D will surprise some this year.

oubronco
05-11-2009, 11:40 AM

well at least Slowdyck and Burney are nowhere near the defense so that in itself has got to help

eddie mac
05-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Chicago at No4???

Laughing my ****ing ****flaps off.

PRBronco
05-11-2009, 11:55 AM
well at least Slowdyck and Burney are nowhere near the defense so that in itself has got to help

And certain overly enthusiastic linebackers and embarrassingly inept safeties are still unsigned free agents :)

DarkHorse30
05-11-2009, 12:25 PM
On field talent wise we've only regressed at QB.

"Talent" - you mean throwing fastballs into triple-coverage, or reading a defense/hitting a checkdown/winning games?

cutthemdown
05-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Florio is a little weasel. He is one of those lil dudes that probably got picked on by the football team in HS. He hates the cool kids and anyone really.

He knows very little about football. Did you read his draft grades? wow he is really stupid.

He never get's any real scoops and has really lame takes on football. Almost like he doesn't understand the game.

He has a few football people that give them there opinions and he runs with it.

He has a few insights into the human condition and people getting in trouble with the law, that's it.

If I ever see him I plan on peeing on his leg and locking him in a locker.

Hulamau
05-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Have to agree. The return of Merriman isn't exactly hope inspiring either. Regardless, it'll be a fun season to watch and see.

"Merriman meet your Cryptonite 'Ryan Clady' ... With Daniel Graham doublin' down on Mr. Ex-Roidrage. :approve:

TheReverend
05-11-2009, 02:10 PM
"Merriman meet your Cryptonite 'Ryan Clady' ... With Daniel Graham doublin' down on Mr. Ex-Roidrage. :approve:

Hopefully that's the case, but that only accounts for one player in two games...

Florida_Bronco
05-11-2009, 02:13 PM

I disagree. With the offseason moves, I'd bet on us beating the Chargers.

Drek
05-11-2009, 02:22 PM
"Talent" - you mean throwing fastballs into triple-coverage, or reading a defense/hitting a checkdown/winning games?

Jay Cutler has more football talent than almost any other QB in the league.

Doesn't mean he'll out play or produce more wins than Kyle Orton, but on paper he's a superior QB in nearly every respect.

I think he's shown himself to be mentally weak and too numbers/pass oriented for his own good, which will continue to hold him back, but as strictly a QB talent he's head and shoulders above Orton.

hands down? We've improved or stayed the same at every position except QB and brought in far superior coaching. It took a divisional tie breaker for them to get the playoff birth over us, and even then that was thanks to Dwayne Bowe dropping a win for the Chargers and the Broncos being the single biggest underachieving offensive team in recent history (2nd in yardage, 16th in points), horribly unlucky on turnovers (despite Cutler's ball control issues and the lack of talent on our D, -17 turnover +/- is aberrantly bad), losing the only two defensive starters who are better than average for almost half a season, and choking away multiple home playoff games.

We played WELL below our productivity and talent level on a week to week basis. SD did that a little in the beginning, but did just the opposite down the stretch. If those vagaries had been balanced SD was probably a 7-9 to 9-7 team while Denver would've been a 9-7 to 11-5 team.

We could, but there really isn't a whole lot of room to get worse. And now we actually have qualified personnel running the show on defense.

The upgrade in the secondary is also inarguable. We went from no legitimate league average safeties or nickel backs to now having two legitimate starting safeties, some talented high pedigree youth filling out the safety depth chart, a standout prospect for our nickel corner and the same guys we where playing at nickel filling out the #4 and #5 spots in this year's CB depth chart. We also replaced a gambling CB who had shown himself to be generally weak in run support (not due to lack of effort mind you) and a less than great fit opposite Champ with a more well rounded, reliably productive CB of comparable current skill level.

The running corps have seen a massive step forward too, as much of what we ran out there last year was replacement level players. Moreno is an elite talent and is immediately the most talented back we've had since Portis. Hillis is the most capable power back option we've had since Mike Anderson's prime. Buckhalter, Arrington, Jordan, etc. all start at #3 on the depth chart in all reality and they're on par or better than the guys we opened last season with.

I also wouldn't list the WR corps as a known element, because while we know Marshall, Royal, etc. are good, they've never been coached by someone like McDaniels. People like to trumpet his success at mentoring QBs, but the guy played WR in college and as we can all see from videos on DenverBroncos.com he's very involved in WR drills. He did absolutely amazing things with Wes Welker and lets not forget that Randy Moss' career was heading down a very wrong path before he got with McDaniels. He could potentially make Eddie Royal into an elite WR, without stunting or impeding Marshall's growth. If he does that we'll see some freakishly good offensive games.

Its hard to argue against 90% of the change made this off-season not being massively positive, and that isn't from a homer standpoint. I've said it before, I'm a glass half-full kind of guy when it comes to the Broncos. But I admit that the glass is half-full, not overflowing. We have weaknesses but thankfully if we aren't in the weakest division in the NFL we're in the second weakest. SD is an organization headed in the wrong direction at this point and they are the biggest threat we have for the divisional title.

We might only be the 8th or 9th best team in the AFC, but you can make a damn good argument that we should be the best team in our own division.

broncosteven
05-11-2009, 02:22 PM

I am terrified that the run game will be an afterthought in this offense.

I am glad that we drafted the best RB in the Draft but McStalin's history with RB's was not to pound the rock. Cory Dillion had a great year the year before McStalin took over as OC, the was the last year the Pats had a RB with over 1600 yards rushing.

I am guessing a mix of knowshown and Hillis with both blocking 1st, catching 2nd and rushing 3rd.

It would be nice to watch us wear teams down with run late in games but I am afraid that this will be a pass 1st O. I cannot wait to see McStalins product perform on the field so I know what to really expect!

400HZ
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM

You'd bet? How much?

Crushaholic
05-11-2009, 02:41 PM
It's no different than some people on the Mane declaring the Broncos a failure, this year. We'll see what happens...

Orange_Beard
05-11-2009, 02:45 PM
At least he didn't give us a reach-around.

Speak for yourself.

Hulamau
05-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Hopefully that's the case, but that only accounts for one player in two games...

And every other opposing pass rusher off the left side this year!

Gcver2ver3
05-11-2009, 02:49 PM

as would i FB....

as would i...

TonyR
05-11-2009, 04:47 PM
I am terrified that the run game will be an afterthought in this offense.

I am glad that we drafted the best RB in the Draft but McStalin's history with RB's was not to pound the rock. Cory Dillion had a great year the year before McStalin took over as OC, the was the last year the Pats had a RB with over 1600 yards rushing.

Why do people keep saying this?

NE had the 6th best rushing attack in the league last season with a running back by committee. They also rushed on 49% of their plays.

We drafted a RB with the 12th pick in the draft so I think it's safe to assume that our HC plans to utilize him.

As for Dillon, he was old and washed up.

And to quote Allen Iverson, who we can thank in part for Chauncey being back in Denver, "if you're scared, get a dog."

NYBronco
05-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Jay Cutler has more football talent than almost any other QB in the league.

Red zone excluded.

Wes Mantooth
05-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Wonder what his excuse will be when he is wrong. Mile High Mojoe writes better blogs than that hack. And thats not a compliment to MHM

Hilarious!

NASurfer
05-11-2009, 06:52 PM
hands down? We've improved or stayed the same at every position except QB and brought in far superior coaching.
Drek, I find many of your posts insightful, but I may have to disagree with you here. San Diego brought in far superior coaching too... only they brought theirs midway through the season last year.

Make no mistake that team was what 4-8 at one point but Riviera really turned that defense around.

Norv's offenses have never been a problem. They score points and are consistently good year to year. It's that defense that's an issue.

Shanahan won 2 Superbowls and I really don't think he knows **** when it comes to defense. If Riviera turns in an elite performance like he did down the stretch last year I think we're ****ed.

Riviera will make or break the Chargers next year IMO.

richpjr
05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
I think if you look at things objectively, and put the rose-colored fan glasses aside, it would be very hard to see any team other than the Chargers winning the division next year. They won the division despite having a ton of things go wrong for them (injuries, suspensions, bad calls, bad coaching on the defense). Who knows what happens on the injury front, but all the players they did have are back healthy, Rivera has an offseason to put in his scheme, and make fun of Norv or not, they have stability on their team that nobody else in the division has. I actually think they are a legitimate super bowl contender this season.

cutthemdown
05-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I think Broncos will run pass as close to 50% each as they can. Obviously blowouts would change those numbers. But I think 25-30 passes, and 25-30 runs will be the goal.

The trick really is to not go Dan Reeves and always run on 1st down, 2nd down etc. Mcdaniels calls an impressive game IMO. He will mix it up. Mcdaniels will be a lot like SHanny. He will watch the defense he is going up against, identify matchups he likes, then look for ways he can use formations to force the matchups he wants.

There will be 2 TE, 4 wr, single back sets, 2 back sets, 3 WR sets, all of that on a regular basis. I also think Broncos will try and run a lot. Good oline, good blocking TE, and a stable full of RBS all points to Mcdaniels using the running game to offset the loss of Cutler.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I think if you look at things objectively, and put the rose-colored fan glasses aside, it would be very hard to see any team other than the Chargers winning the division next year. They won the division despite having a ton of things go wrong for them (injuries, suspensions, bad calls, bad coaching on the defense).

Who knows what happens on the injury front, but all the players they did have are back healthy, Rivera has an offseason to put in his scheme, and make fun of Norv or not, they have stability on their team that nobody else in the division has. I actually think they are a legitimate super bowl contender this season.

I don't disagree with you. Everything and anything that could have possibly went wrong for SD did last year, until the last month. And they still won it. I don't think you guys are going to go out of your way to step on your own dick 5 times this year. I don't think Denver is the worst team in the dvision, though. I think DEN, OAK and KC will all be bunched together in the 4-7 win range. Anyone could be second and anyone could be fourth.

I don't know if you guys are a "legitimate" SB contender, though. You will win the division, but LT is getting older and so is Jamal Lewis. I think it will be difficult to get past NE with Brady this year.

Tombstone RJ
05-11-2009, 09:09 PM
If Sandy Eggo has any kind of pride, they should walk away with the AFCW this year. They have no excuse to lose the division...

400HZ
05-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Drek, I find many of your posts insightful, but I may have to disagree with you here. San Diego brought in far superior coaching too... only they brought theirs midway through the season last year.

Make no mistake that team was what 4-8 at one point but Riviera really turned that defense around.

Norv's offenses have never been a problem. They score points and are consistently good year to year. It's that defense that's an issue.

Shanahan won 2 Superbowls and I really don't think he knows **** when it comes to defense. If Riviera turns in an elite performance like he did down the stretch last year I think we're ****ed.

Riviera will make or break the Chargers next year IMO.

Rivera wasn't some wondersalve. The Chargers had problems early in the season with the honkeytonk duo at MLB and Jamal Williams being out of shape. Once Wilhelm and Smith got ****canned and Jamal got his legs back things got much better on 1st and 2nd down, but they could not get off the field to save their lives on 3rd. Rivera didn't fix that. The defense played a hell of a game against Indy in the playoffs, but that was about the only accomplishment against quality competition. Bringing the heat on those 3rd downs is the key to the Chargers season next year. I'd like to see Rivera channel more of his inner Jimmy Johnson and less of his Lovie Smith. The way he's been making things sound and the way the draft went it looks like I'll get my wish. We've all been fooled before though.

Taco John
05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
What does it mean that Josh McDaniels doesn't have rabbit ears? That's a metaphor I dont' believe that I'm familiar with.

Blueflame
05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
What does it mean that Josh McDaniels doesn't have rabbit ears? That's a metaphor I dont' believe that I'm familiar with.

I took it to mean that he doesn't have Belichick's listening/spying equipment... I could be wrong on that, though.

NASurfer
05-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Rivera wasn't some wondersalve. The Chargers had problems early in the season with the honkeytonk duo at MLB and Jamal Williams being out of shape. Once Wilhelm and Smith got ****canned and Jamal got his legs back things got much better on 1st and 2nd down, but they could not get off the field to save their lives on 3rd. Rivera didn't fix that. The defense played a hell of a game against Indy in the playoffs, but that was about the only accomplishment against quality competition. Bringing the heat on those 3rd downs is the key to the Chargers season next year. I'd like to see Rivera channel more of his inner Jimmy Johnson and less of his Lovie Smith. The way he's been making things sound and the way the draft went it looks like I'll get my wish. We've all been fooled before though.
Well.... your overall defense got better when (as?) Riviera took over so that's pretty much what I was going off of.

If it's more Jamal Williams rather Riviera's playcalling then great for us ;D Williams only enters 2009 with another year of wear and tear.

Bringing the heat, hell your overall defense is whats needed to counter that Norv factor. Either or I think we can agree that'll make or break your season.

footstepsfrom#27
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Context links the comment to something favorable to McD. I think he meant that he doesn't tend to hear criticism more than he should...rabbit ears are big...big ears...hearing more...maybe I'm wrong but that's the only thing I see that fits.

Bob's your Information Minister
05-11-2009, 10:48 PM
I dig that man.

broncocalijohn
05-12-2009, 10:42 AM

Not with SD getting the division for 6 games and some weak sisters rolling into SD. Chargers will have 6 wins just based on the crappy teams they play. Add a few more for gutsy wins and they will be 8 wins or over.