PDA

View Full Version : My life.

FireFly
05-11-2009, 04:17 AM
Iíve been on and around this board for a few years now and this is the first thread Iíve ever started, I donít really even know why Iím writing it other than that I thought it might help me in some strange way. Itís my life story essentially, or at least the only parts that seem to matter at the moment.

This is longer than I expected when I started typing and not many of you will probably read it, but thank you to those of you that do. Its not an uplifting story, not for me anyhow, and youíll likely think less of me by the end of it. But I wanted to tell it anyhow. I donít know whyÖ

I graduated High School in 2000 and made it into one of the best universities in the country where I started studying business. My grades were excellent and the future bright.

In September 2001 I met the beautiful Christie and we fell in love. Head over heel in love. She was from the country and I was her first boyfriend. Sweet innocent and beautiful. Within a few months we were living together. We didnít have any money but she worked hard, day and night two jobs while I continued my studies and worked when and where I could. We were eating out of cans and dodging ticket collectors on trains, but it didnít matter because we were going to make it and we both knew it.

In 2002 my grades started to slip and I transferred into an education degree, I actually bounced between degrees for a little while but thatís where I ended up. Christie started studying herself at this point, accounting which was great. But she was working long hours. She was studying by correspondence and had a full time load in addition to full time work. I was studying full time (which for me didnít really mean very much, uni was easy for me) and working part time. We were renting out a basement at this point but had our own little garden and everything was wonderful. I love her so much.

In 2003 Christie slipped in the clinical depression and started on a long course of anti-depressant drugs. These were dark days for her like you canít imagine. She kept studying. She kept working. And we loved each other so much. One of the side effects of the medication was that she all but lost her sex drive; physically it became difficult as well.

For 2 years we battled the depression together and at the end of it weíd lost our friends and some of our family but we still had each other.

We did everything together. Essentially we became the same person. It was impossible to tell where she finished and I began. We went everywhere together, did the same things, ate the same food told the same jokes. The world was big and scary and we isolated ourselves from it, caught up in our own little world where the only thing that really matter was each other.

I suppose I can fast forward at this point, because we just kept working and studying. For a few years, but every day that we were together we loved each other more. It had gone beyond that burning passion, I donít know whether that was the depression or just a function of time, but that was ok, because what we had transcended that now. My love for her so much that I could never imagine life without her.

In my life, the only person I have every seen or heard of loving someone more than I loved her, was her and how much she loved me. I was her reason for living. She worked 18 hour days to build a future for us. I worked too, but it was just who she is.

In 2006 I traveled into the middle of Australia to find her father. I asked him permission for her hand in marriage. After the regular threats, we had a beer and I went back.

I proposed. She said yes.

Christie got offered a great job and a month or two later I was offered an equally great job! Neither of us could believe it!

We moved further away from what family we had left and started work.

In February 2007 we got married. Iíll never forget how clumsy I was that night on the dance floor, or how beautiful she was. We planned to start a family in 2009.

Christie started to earn some serious money. Neither of us really knew what to do with money, so we saved a little spent a little, bought nice clothes for one another and sent some back to the family. Money was never really that important anyhow, it was nice but it didnít really seem like either of us really cared all that much about it.

I had considered Christie to be my family for years at this point, now that we were married well, it just seemed right. Sheíd get up every morning and iron my shirts and and then go off to work before I even woke up. Sheíd get home and Iíd cook her dinner (or take her out if I didnít want to cook!). We were settled into a routine. Nothing was wrong. Nothing at all. We were happy. Blissfully happy. Not every day was an adventure, but we were content and we knew that weíd be looking to start a family soon.

All Iíve ever wanted, since before I can remember, was a pretty little wife and a little family of my own. A house that weíd make a home and maybe a lawn to mow. I know it sounds strange, but thatís all Iíve ever, ever wanted.

In October 2008 I did something stupid.

In November, Christie found out about it and left. I didnít chase her, I was too much of a coward.

My brother said that I should move on. That things would never be the same anyhow and that I should just move on like he has half a dozen time, be a bachelor. Mum said that I owed it to Christie and that I owed it to myself to make a go of it.

I didnít do either. I just froze.

Looking back I hate myself for that, I remember sitting back at home and crying, telling Mum that I didnít know if I loved her anymore. I donít know what I was thinking! I honestly donít understand, itís like my brain and my heart took a vacation. I canít describe it, I canít comprehend it. Iím quite and boring. I like to read and play computer games. I like cuddling and talking. And I was talking myself into buying a motor bike and living the single life with my brother. It seemed easier, more appealing.

Christie was waiting. She said sheíd wait while I sorted my sh#t out. She didnít forgive me, but she was on her way to it. A month or so passed.

The painÖ the pain she was going through you canít even imagine. Sleeping tablet mixed with anti-depressants and a broken heart. Too much time must have passed in her mind. Too much pain.

I missed our wedding anniversary. I missed her birthday. Sheíd had enough and I donít blame her. I threw myself at her feet crying and blubbering about how much I loved her, how much I needed her. She told me that I had one last chance. All I had to do, was call a marriage counselor that week.

I was planning on doing just that, but I hadnít completely pulled myself clear of the cr@p pool that Iíd turned my life into. I received news that I couldnít ignore. Couldnít put off. Something that was going to affect the lives of everyone around me, and not for the better. I took that week to deal with it.

Now, a month later Iím here with my wedding photos on the wall and my wife gone forever. The love of my life driven away by my stupidity and inaction. Sheís moved on. Sheís taken a job over seas and Iím crying and typing so I can share my story with you.

The color has bled out of my world. I only wake up in the morning and go to work because I did yesterday and the day before that. Iíve already lost everything I ever wanted. There just doesnít seem to be any point anymore. There isnít.

I suppose at the risk of sounding clichť Iíll offer the following advice, when you find love, treasure it. It might not always be edge of your seat exciting, but once you get past that, itís even better. The grass might seem greener, but it rarely is and if you truly believe youíre with the one youíre meant to be with donít ever do anything to jeopardize that. And donít let anyone else do anything to jeopardize it either.

Ray Finkle
05-11-2009, 04:28 AM
Hi FF,
Thanks for sharing, it must have been tough to write. There is no easy fix or solution for this but I hope you do find a healthy constructive outlet to help you.

The Joker
05-11-2009, 05:10 AM
That's a tough read, dude, really sorry to hear the way things have gone for you.

Obviously hard to give advice of any sort without knowing specifics, but it seems as if the reason you had to put off calling a marriage counsellor was due to something pretty major happening? Could she not understand that?

Broncoman13
05-11-2009, 05:42 AM
Sounds like you took for granted the love of your life. It also sounds like that probably led to an affair. Hate to say it, but maybe you had this coming your way? I think you realize that yourself thus your comment at the end about the Grass not being greener... Here is what I know though. If you love her as much as you say then maybe you owe it to her and yourself to give it your all right now? You could give up and wonder for the rest of your life or you can give it your best, and if it doesn't work out you'll just have to live with the fact that you screwed it up but tried to get your marriage back.

Thanks for sharing your story though. Helps all of us to put things into perspective sometimes.

alkemical
05-11-2009, 06:22 AM
i've had buyers remorse a time or two.

rugbythug
05-11-2009, 06:22 AM
Do you want me to be Brutally Honest?

You are lying to yourself. If it was as important as you say (your relationship) You would have done what was required to make it work. There are doers and talkers. If you don't do you are just talk.

Meck77
05-11-2009, 06:31 AM
I hope you can find peace.

Remember this though. Life is a journey not a destination.

Hotrod
05-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Wow

What can anyone say besides hang tuff man. Going thru something like this myself I can honestly tell you NOW is the time to learn about yourself. Change what you dont like about yourself and build on what you do like.

I mean TODAY not next week. Get off your ass and get to work.

Pony Boy
05-11-2009, 07:47 AM
This is probably the worst place you could go for advice, all us Bozo's on the mane don't even know how to deal with the loss of a coach and QB. Good luck but you would be a lot better off calling Dr. Phil.

Hotrod
05-11-2009, 07:55 AM
This is probably the worst place you could go for advice, all us Bozo's on the mane don't even know how to deal with the loss of a coach and QB. Good luck but you would be a lot better off calling Dr. Phil.

I would trust some of the people here over that nut job.

Just saying :)

SoDak Bronco
05-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Fly out and see her. Sometimes the crazy stalker approch works, but atleast you can say you tried. Just because you froze before, get out of that hole and give it an effort.

theAPAOps5
05-11-2009, 08:10 AM
People make mistakes some you can't recover from some you can. The only way you will find out if you can fix it is to try. You screwed up, you all ready admitted that. But you will always wonder if you don't try to fix it. The easy way is to turn your back. Why take the easy way its boring.

Popps
05-11-2009, 08:20 AM
First off, kudos for the proper usage of the word affect/effect.

Beyond that, it all sounds very tough. No magic pill for that situation. The only thing I can recommend is persistence over time. If she's not already involved with someone else, you may be able to mend this with consistency. Meaning, that it's probably going to take a long time for her to regain confidence in you, even as a friend. You're going to have to start there, and hope that it can reassume some of the things that were in place before all of the trouble happened.

When women move on, they move on. So, in all honesty, it's probably not going to be easy. But, if you feel about her how you claim to... you'll have to approach it steadily, without scaring her off again.

I'd also recommend some serious personal introspection, even if it involves some professional assistance. There's probably a reason you didn't act when you had the chance. Could be a myriad of things.

Best of luck.

bronclvr
05-11-2009, 08:24 AM
I have been married three times, and I do have some regrets-I have learned along the way that if it's worth it, you do whatever it is you have to do, no matter how tough it is. It is, after all, your life, and you have to sleep with yourself and the choices you make.

If the tables were turned, what would you expect from her-to run and hide, or stand up for the love you two have for each other? If you truly love her (and it sounds like you do), it's worth fighting for-get off your pity pot, buck up, and do what is right-if you don't you will regret this forever (and, it sounds like you already do)-really, there is only one choice-

Obushma
05-11-2009, 08:34 AM
FF,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm not sure what to make of your problem as it seems to me it was either an affair or drug addiction.

Either way, it seems that she was willing to take you back and for some reason your heart/mind wasn't in the right place. Be happy you're still young and have time to make amends for your misgivings.

I'm pretty sure everyone has a point in their lives where they are faced with a huge decision. Mine happened when I was accepted to a prestigious film school(which was my dream ever since I can remember). At about 9pm, after setting up my student loans and finding my apartment I got a call from a girl i'd dated off and on as an undergrad. She told me she was 9 weeks pregnant and I was the father, my dream was destroyed. Well, to make a long story short, I decided I needed to be a man an accept the decision i'd made 9 weeks prior. I pulled up my boot straps, became a father, and a husband.

You know what though...My son is the greatest dream that ever happened to me and if I could go back and change it all...I wouldn't

So I guess i'm just trying to say that, while you are at a low point in your life now, it's not the end, maybe its just the starting line.

Hope all goes well for you bro,
ThyNatural

Odysseus
05-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Good luck Bro.

Get your mind right and focus on being thankful for what you have. Take an inventory of what is going on right in your life and focus on that. Do not underestimate the power of what I just shared with you.

She might come back or she might not but you need to be whole in order to participate in any "second chance" regardless of who shows up in your life. If you stand up for her or be thankful that you did the best you could at that time.

I think everyone has a sad story in their life. The first one is hurts the worst but if you do not focus on healing you will repeat that mistake. Learn what you did right and then move forward.

Bronco Yoda
05-11-2009, 09:54 AM
I knew a man who married young, raised a step child but never had any kids of his own and then went through a messy divorce after 15 years of marriage. He was the sorts who never followed through with anything and had a drinking problem. She was ...shall we say 'difficult and demanding' to say it nicely. I don't know all of the details of his said indiscretions, but I know she had a long list.... and he wasn't denying most of it....lol

She moved far far away and he promptly slid into deep depression spiraling downhill.

Then he did something I would have never expected from him. He woke up one morning (after nearly a year of torturing himself and all of us) and told us all he was leaving. He sold everything he had, quit his good paying job, picked up and moved near her and the kids.

He rented this little dungeon of an apartment in some guys basement and spent years working odd jobs just inking by. But he was close to her 'his tortured love' as I would call it.

She was furious that he followed her and refused to even speak to him for a couple years. Her son graduated and she eventually would speak to him in passing at the grocery store and around this small town. Eventually she let him work on her car and help her out financially. What two pennies he scraped up he usually ended up giving to her. In the meantime she had a couple of relationships and so do he.

I questioned how healthy this sort of arrangement was.... but he was happy and they had become friends. After a few years, I'm thinking 5-6 years they were closer in some ways than they had ever been. Keep in mind they were still leading very separate lives.... although his was ever revolving around her in almost every way possible.

Cut to the end... after 10 years of torturing each other the two nut jobs finally got remarried. She's still a pain in the butt IMO and he's still as lazy, crazy and unmotivated as ever. But they both have each other again and that's all that matters.

Now I'm not advocating anything or giving any advice here.... I'm just sharing. But I do hope this helps in some small way.

alkemical
05-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Firefly and montrose are not allowed to hang out together for a while.

alkemical
05-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Unless we take them to a strip club

Hotrod
05-11-2009, 09:59 AM

LOL

theAPAOps5
05-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Montrose lives right behind one. Just sayin!

alkemical
05-11-2009, 10:18 AM

I dated a stripper for a "minute". Her name was charla. Cool chick. We had lots in common...but - it didn't work out as far as relationship stuff.

Miss I.
05-11-2009, 10:19 AM
I dated a stripper for a "minute". Her name was charla. Cool chick. We had lots in common...but - it didn't work out as far as relationship stuff.

hmm, I went to a strip club once. my friend got me a lap dance, it was interesting...he said I should try the VIP room...dunno about that....and was this thread stipperjacked?

Hotrod
05-11-2009, 10:22 AM

I've dated a fair number of strippers. Until I ran out of cash or they got off work. :nono:

alkemical
05-11-2009, 10:24 AM
I've dated a fair number of strippers. Until I ran out of cash or they got off work. :nono:

Nah, i met this one at a bar - and didn't know she was a stripper till she showed me her tattoos.

alkemical
05-11-2009, 10:25 AM
hmm, I went to a strip club once. my friend got me a lap dance, it was interesting...he said I should try the VIP room...dunno about that....and was this thread stipperjacked?

eh, the VIP room. I swear it's half a scam.

Stripperjacked? I like it.

Pseudofool
05-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Dude, it's not too late. Go get the girl. She clearly still loves you. Overseas or not. Send her postcards every day. Send her love letters. Do something. Go get some therapy and send her the doc's business card.

You're afraid of rejection, so you're not willing to try it again. Just acknowledge that. And tell yourself you'll be okay if she doesn't take you back EVEN IF YOU TRY. (Easier said then done, but I think that's your problem--don't want to make bad choices, so you make none at all).

Whatever you do don't be desperate or pathetic about returning to her. Be confident. Explain what's been going on (if you can't, we'll talk to someone until you figure it out).

The cheating (or whatever) isn't the bad part; it's how you are dealing with it post script. Seriously, go get the girl.

Pontius Pirate
05-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Dude, you should bake her a cake or something.

Mogulseeker
05-11-2009, 10:38 AM
There is no possible way of getting any good advice without delving into the specifics of your situation.

Hotrod
05-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Dude, you should bake her a cake or something.

LOL awesome

Miss I.
05-11-2009, 10:44 AM
From a female perspective, here's the thing, by making no decision she read it as you didn't care about her. We do that, some of us females, read into things. In life, you only go through it once. If you believe you belong with her give it another shot, contact her and see how she feels about it. Explain to her what you explained to all of us here. I won't make guarantees she will take you back, but it's worth telling her, at the very least because then you can feel a sense of closure. As far as all the grand gestures, I am not sure how meaningful those will be if the real gesture of being totally nakedly honest with her about your feelings on this aren't the first step. The first thing might be just to have a normal conversation and ask her what she really wants, in life, from you, in general. Can't really know unless you try. I hope your life works out for you, whatever way it was meant to, in as positive a way as possible. Take care.

DenverBroncosJM
05-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Wow what a story!

Now you need to take a couple days off work, get on a plane and go see her. Beg for forgiveness and see where it goes.

This will do one of two things:

1. She will either let you back in and you guys can start working toward a future together.

2. You will show up and find out she was dead serious when she told you it was over. At that point you have done everything you can to try and win her back and you can walk away knowing that you at least gave it your all and tried to make amends.

I hope for your sake its number 1. If it isnt you have to move on.

Hotrod
05-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Its not over until the ink on the restraining order drys.

gyldenlove
05-11-2009, 10:55 AM
From a female perspective, here's the thing, by making no decision she read it as you didn't care about her. We do that, some of us females, read into things. In life, you only go through it once. If you believe you belong with her give it another shot, contact her and see how she feels about it. Explain to her what you explained to all of us here. I won't make guarantees she will take you back, but it's worth telling her, at the very least because then you can feel a sense of closure. As far as all the grand gestures, I am not sure how meaningful those will be if the real gesture of being totally nakedly honest with her about your feelings on this aren't the first step. The first thing might be just to have a normal conversation and ask her what she really wants, in life, from you, in general. Can't really know unless you try. I hope your life works out for you, whatever way it was meant to, in as positive a way as possible. Take care.

It is an interesting concept, having spent a fair amount of time trying to make a difficult relationship work I can say that with women, if they have feelings invested in it there are no free lunches.

If you do something, she will interpret it and if you don't do something she will interpret it as well. The only way to win is being upfront, if you leave blanks to be filled in, she will and that more often than not won't come out in your favour if you are already in trouble.

There is no easy way to fix it, but you have to figure out what is best for you. That is what worked out for me, I knew I had to prioritize and find out what to change and what to give up in order to get to a good place in my life. I can't tell you what that is, I don't think anyone can, but if you think long and hard about it, I bet you can figure it out - when you do that you have won half the battle, then you have to follow through and take the beatings that life will give you standing up, because you will be a better man in a better place at the other end.

oubronco
05-11-2009, 10:58 AM

:spit:

Pseudofool
05-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Alternatively, you could plan a trip; I took my ex whom I'm trying to win back (I broke up with her) to Vegas for a weekend after about six month of being apart. We found that we were still in love and the neutral environment allowed us to just be together. Now we're bound to get back together (only finances hold us back). I bought her plane ticket, etc.

Rock Chalk
05-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Hmm.

You said it yourself man.

You are a coward.

Sack up, swallow your pride and go get the girl. WTF.

That or move on and remember, nothing gets you over the last one like the next one.

Either way, the funk you seem to be in will be endless unless you do SOMETHING.

Seriously, Ive heard this kind of talk before and it led to suicide so nut up and do something, anything, to get out of it.

crazyhorse
05-11-2009, 11:16 AM
The hardest things I've ever had to go through have provided me a lifetime of wonderful alternatives.

footstepsfrom#27
05-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Dude, it's not too late. Go get the girl. She clearly still loves you. Overseas or not. Send her postcards every day. Send her love letters. Do something. Go get some therapy and send her the doc's business card.

You're afraid of rejection, so you're not willing to try it again. Just acknowledge that. And tell yourself you'll be okay if she doesn't take you back EVEN IF YOU TRY. (Easier said then done, but I think that's your problem--don't want to make bad choices, so you make none at all).

Whatever you do don't be desperate or pathetic about returning to her. Be confident. Explain what's been going on (if you can't, we'll talk to someone until you figure it out).

The cheating (or whatever) isn't the bad part; it's how you are dealing with it post script. Seriously, go get the girl.
Agree with this...

Fix you.

Find her.

Do whatever is necessary today. Do the same thing tomorrow. Don't stop.

Odysseus
05-11-2009, 11:25 AM

Thread over. Nothing to see here. Move along! Move along!

Inkana7
05-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Don't give up. If she's as important to you as you say, you can't give up on her.

Peoples Champ
05-11-2009, 11:40 AM
I dont really have any advice, because nothing like this has happened to me, but I can offer motivation. Whenever I feel I have failed, I just watch this video. It might not get the girl back, but keep the head up.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/michael-jordan-failure-nike-commercial/603740549

oubronco
05-11-2009, 11:44 AM
quit whining about it on a football forum and sack up and go get her if thats what you want

bronclvr
05-11-2009, 12:19 PM
The hardest things I've ever had to go through have provided me a lifetime of wonderful alternatives.

What a wonderful perspective-hats off to you, CH :notworthy

Kaylore
05-11-2009, 12:29 PM
I appreciate this thread from the perspective that it teaches it's never, ever, ever worth it to cheat.

But then there's the stand point that she loved you enough wait for you to get your crap together and you didn't. If it's not too late, go get her.

If it is too late, use this experience to turn your life over to something greater than yourself, whatever that is for you, and make yourself more.

Endy
05-11-2009, 12:45 PM
I suppose at the risk of sounding clichť Iíll offer the following advice, when you find love, treasure it. It might not always be edge of your seat exciting, but once you get past that, itís even better. The grass might seem greener, but it rarely is and if you truly believe youíre with the one youíre meant to be with donít ever do anything to jeopardize that. And donít let anyone else do anything to jeopardize it either.

You know, this is good advice, but the advice you should have given different advice, and I'm not sure you are capable of it given your obviously egocentric viewpoint.

The advice that you should have given is to stop thinking of this entire situation from your own perspective. And you'll say, "But I didn't because I talked about how she was driven to medication!"

So, you screwed up. Most likely cheated on her. And then she left. And you started thinking about how easy it could be to get as much strange as you want. And your brother was there helping you to conjure up thoughts of late nights and lots of skanks. And that sounded good. Hell yeah, that sounds good.

So that month that she was suffering and you were "frozen", you weren't really frozen at all were you? You were testing the waters of bachelorhood. You alluded to something like that.

And then you figured out that you weren't the cock of the walk that you thought you were. Probably a fluke that some other chick wanted to nail you (at least that's what you started to think), and you wanted the wife back.

So, she tells you to call the counselor. And gives you a week.

A freaking week.

You know, I'm not the most industrious fella on the planet, but I can do an awful lot of **** in a week. Making a phone call for an appointment to an office where there is a receptionist sitting there between the hours of 8-5 every day would certainly be one of the things that just about anybody could have pulled off.

So cut the BS about your busy week of stuff you couldn't ignore. You didn't call because you didn't want to call. Argue if you want, but unless you were locked in a cell for 7 days, making an appointment would take less time than typing this post.

And I agree with the other posters in this thread that you should go see her and try to get her back. It is obvious that you love her although it isn't obvious whether you love her more than you love yourself.

So that's the advice that I'll leave for you. Go get her. But only on two conditions.

#1 - Only try to win her back if you actually want her back. Don't go if the only reason you want her back is because the alternative sucks. You made that bed dude.

#2 - Take the business card of a good marriage counselor and make sure there is an appointment time written on it for the two of you. Or at least you.

Good luck dude. I *****d up in a very, very similar way with what I thought was the perfect woman when I was in college. And she gave me another chance. And you know what I did with that chance? I ******d that up too. Same exact freakin' way. It wasn't until almost 5 years later that I figured out that I had to stop thinking of myself first if I ever wanted to stop screwing everything up.

BroncosinDC
05-11-2009, 01:27 PM
The only cure for lost vag is more vag.

Basically if you cheated on her you were able to forget about her, and what she meant to you, at least once...you can do it again.

Go to a bar talk to strangers, the walk of shame will lift your spirits, just don't be the drunk guy crying into a bottle...the one having a great time gets the girl.

Mountain Bronco
05-11-2009, 02:39 PM
I never thought I would read so much sappy wooaa is me relationship crap on a Broncos message board. Take it to Doctor Phil.

Mogulseeker
05-11-2009, 03:10 PM
The only cure for lost vag is more vag.

Basically if you cheated on her you were able to forget about her, and what she meant to you, at least once...you can do it again.

Go to a bar talk to strangers, the walk of shame will lift your spirits, just don't be the drunk guy crying into a bottle...the one having a great time gets the girl.

Ono?

Inkana7
05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
I never thought I would read so much sappy wooaa is me relationship crap on a Broncos message board. Take it to Doctor Phil.

We're all people here, dude. It's not all "WHOO BRONCOS! EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS! LETS DRINK BEER AND EAT BRATWURST!" You've never been in a ****ty situation with love?

FireFly
05-11-2009, 07:51 PM
All good advice. Even the tough love. I expected some to tell me to take it elsewhere and/or man up. I agree. I'm going to take steps to this end.

To Mountain Bronco and any others that think that this isn't appropriate for this forum, I apologise for it, and any concern I might have caused you. But it is a pretty dead space in the offseason at the moment and this isn't the only non-football related thread at the moment.

And as sappy as it is the writing of it helped, and the putting it out there for anyone and everyone to read helped to. A year ago it would have sounded that psycho babble to me, now, it helped. ALL of the advice is appreciated, even the tough love!

I know its not much, but I message her everyday. She is resolute about moving on and wants me to let her do this. Its a fine line between me wanting her to be happy and respecting what she's asking and continuing to contact her and push for it. I do want her to be happy, I really do.

To the question of how could I not do it in a week, the issue was large enough that it took the whole week. And she hadn't actually specified that she wanted it booked that week, just that I should do it. I booked it for the week after, but she then informed me that she'd wanted it that week. And I get that, in her mind it showed her that I didn't have my sh#t together and that it didn't mean enough to me. The one week deadline, wasn't imposed until it had expired.

At the very least, when I look back at this while the regrets might always be there I've grown as a person and won't ever make the same mistakes again.

FireFly
05-11-2009, 07:53 PM
We're all people here, dude. It's not all "WHOO BRONCOS! EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS! LETS DRINK BEER AND EAT BRATWURST!" You've never been in a ****ty situation with love?

Thank you. In fact thank you to everyone who's taken the time to read and offer advice.

I also wanted to give a special thank you to TheChamp. He PM'd me with some of the most insightful and helpful advice I've read, so thanks Champ, you hit the nail on the head.

Orange_Beard
05-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Read this thread,
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80501

Odysseus
05-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Whenever I feel like my **** don't stink I post here and a world of loyal grammar trolls, punctuation queens and poo flinging monkeys are here to remind me of my mere mortality.

Whenever I feel like my problems are more than me I find someone in a worst situation and see what I can do to give them a hand. When one American suffers we all suffer just a little bit.

It doesn't matter what life brings. Keep your focus. Mountain Bronco represents everyone here just as much as Inkana7. It doesn't matter. Keep your focus.

theAPAOps5
05-11-2009, 08:36 PM

Or don't click on a thread that is clearly off topic and above your great Broncos takes since its such an action packed part of the season :spit:. The fact that you posted in a thread that you think is a waste of time speaks volumes of your lack of mental capacity more than it speaks of firefly's "issues" like you tried to wittily state but failed at.

I mean seriously you took the time to post about a thread to say it sucked and never thought you would see it on the mane. Yet you used your own time to click reply and think out what you thought was a witty remark only to prove yourself just as much a loser as you insinuate Firefly is.

Pot I want to introduce you to kettle.

BroncoMan4ever
05-11-2009, 09:24 PM

i've dated a stripper too. funny thing is, she is the one who was insecure that i was going to cheat, when almost nightly she was waving her cooter and rack in the faces of random dudes.

BroncoMan4ever
05-11-2009, 09:27 PM

or until the cops slap the cuffs on you

yerner
05-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Sucks man. After you try all you can you need to just let her go. Girls love you till they don't. Its really true. You'll think about it forever but it gets easier. Also, if you do get her back it won't be the same ever again. And thats what you want I imagine. You'll always have the issue to deal with.

maher_tyler
05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Sorry to hear all that...if you still love her and want to be with her, CALL HER!! Either that or your going to live the rest of your life not know what could have been..at least if you call her etc and express your feelings, at least you cant sit and say you never tried if it still doesn't work out!!

chaz
05-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Best of luck FF...I really hope everything works out for you.

I'm completely baffled at what became more important than her to you for that week, but that is a moot point now.

Hopefully you will take advantage if she is willing to give you another chance.

Some people want it to happen, some wish it to happen, others make it happen. -MJ

maher_tyler
05-12-2009, 01:15 AM

Better to be quite and be thought an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt!! :thumbsup:

Bob's your Information Minister
05-12-2009, 01:45 AM
The grass might seem greener, but it rarely is and if you truly believe youíre with the one youíre meant to be with donít ever do anything to jeopardize that. And donít let anyone else do anything to jeopardize it either.

Your thread hit home.

I just bought a really awesome surge protector.

GreatBronco16
05-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Your thread hit home.

I just bought a really awesome surge protector.

Yeah heaven forbid that a storm knocks out your computer again and you're not able to rub one out to gay porn sites.

baja
05-12-2009, 04:39 AM
Love that deep never dies, quit your job and go to her and do what it takes to prove to her with your actions for as long as it takes that what you wrote is true. Do it today or live the pain expressed in this letter for the rest of your life.

baja
05-12-2009, 04:43 AM
What are you waiting for get on that plane

Mogulseeker
05-12-2009, 05:18 AM
Love that deep never dies, quit your job and go to her and do what it takes to prove to her with your actions for as long as it takes that what you wrote is true. Do it today or live the pain expressed in this letter for the rest of your life.

Start doing crank, too. Thatt'l ease the pain a little bit.

alkemical
05-12-2009, 05:36 AM
i've dated a stripper too. funny thing is, she is the one who was insecure that i was going to cheat, when almost nightly she was waving her cooter and rack in the faces of random dudes.

I sooo know what you mean. Trust me. When it was on her terms, no biggie -
CRAZY...

alkemical
05-12-2009, 05:38 AM

Only if you let it. Trust me, like i said - i've had buyers remorse a few times - and i think i walked out a time or two on something good. I punished myself for it, instead of learning and moving on and realizing that at times i have to fight for it.

baja
05-12-2009, 06:06 AM
I was "In love" with a Japanese women when I was 20 and she was 39, she was the love of my life. We were together for 3 years but I let friends influence me into leaving her because of the age difference. I have been in love a few times since her but never reaching the depth of the connection that I had with her and I have regretted the decision to leave her for forty years and counting. About ten years ago I went to look for her in the town where we spent our time together but she had moved on and I never saw her again. I still love her and think of her often.

Odysseus
05-12-2009, 06:10 AM
What are you waiting for get on that plane

That reminds me when Mos Def cracked on Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca when he was walking into the mist with that "other dude" and how wrong that was. I agree. I am not walking into the mist either. I am getting on the plane.

Odysseus
05-12-2009, 06:12 AM
Yeah heaven forbid that a storm knocks out your computer again and you're not able to rub one out to gay porn sites.

Ew! I wish I could un read this entire post. My brain threw up a little.

Hotrod
05-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Carefull FF you dont want this to end on an episode of Jerry springer

Bob's your Information Minister
05-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Make a video for her.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4iIYRZWBd9Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4iIYRZWBd9Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 08:02 AM
:worthless

Mountain Bronco
05-12-2009, 08:38 AM

We all have, I have never resorted to writting a sappy story on an Broncos message board, that is what real life in the flesh friends and family are for. Oh wait, he already alienated all of those people if we are to believe his story.

This is good entertainment though.

Mountain Bronco
05-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Or don't click on a thread that is clearly off topic and above your great Broncos takes since its such an action packed part of the season :spit:. The fact that you posted in a thread that you think is a waste of time speaks volumes of your lack of mental capacity more than it speaks of firefly's "issues" like you tried to wittily state but failed at.

I mean seriously you took the time to post about a thread to say it sucked and never thought you would see it on the mane. Yet you used your own time to click reply and think out what you thought was a witty remark only to prove yourself just as much a loser as you insinuate Firefly is.

Pot I want to introduce you to kettle.

Don't get me wrong it is quality entertainment, which I will take in the off season, and would love to see this saga play out on the internet. Just fuel to the fire. :kiss:

Hotrod
05-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Wait a second here. Have you ruled out the possibility that she is just jealous. Maybe you should invite her to join you and the chick you cheated on her with.

**** it its worth a shot :)

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Steps

1. Dig up old porn movies you made with her
2. Distribute said movies on the internet (free for Maners)
3. ????
4. Profit

Pseudofool
05-12-2009, 09:39 AM
To the question of how could I not do it in a week, the issue was large enough that it took the whole week. And she hadn't actually specified that she wanted it booked that week, just that I should do it. I booked it for the week after, but she then informed me that she'd wanted it that week. And I get that, in her mind it showed her that I didn't have my sh#t together and that it didn't mean enough to me. The one week deadline, wasn't imposed until it had expired.
Well, that's whack. So you were on your way to getting it done and that wasn't good enough? Whack.

At the very least, when I look back at this while the regrets might always be there I've grown as a person and won't ever make the same mistakes again. So you're still giving up? Really? If you love her, go get her. There's much you can still do dude. I don't think you would have made this thread if you could just get over it.

vancejohnson82
05-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Don't get me wrong it is quality entertainment, which I will take in the off season, and would love to see this saga play out on the internet. Just fuel to the fire. :kiss:

Well....wherever you actually stand on the OT isssue....the fact remains that you are a prick.....people deal with things in different ways, and if posting on an internet site helps bring some sort of quiet resolution or an outlet then so be it...

Karma's a bitch with multiple STDs dude...just remember that

TheReverend
05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
My advice? Van Gogh your ear to her.

Miss I.
05-12-2009, 10:02 AM

Geezus, what is this? A very freddy krueger valentine?

Hotrod
05-12-2009, 10:03 AM
If she continues to break your heart you could always go with the old

http://rlv.zazzle.com/donkey_punch_hat-p148772057702853641vpgy_210.jpg

as a parting gift of course

Miss I.
05-12-2009, 10:11 AM
If she continues to break your heart you could always go with the old

http://rlv.zazzle.com/donkey_punch_hat-p148772057702853641vpgy_210.jpg

as a parting gift of course

so, you remember that maybe, I think I am going to have to downgrade that and begin to back away slowly...slowly...run away! run away!:-*

Hotrod
05-12-2009, 10:17 AM
so, you remember that maybe, I think I am going to have to downgrade that and begin to back away slowly...slowly...run away! run away!:-*

LOL

I'm in a mood today :)

I'll win you back and no restaining order is going to slow me down.

Miss I.
05-12-2009, 10:21 AM
LOL

I'm in a mood today :)

I'll win you back and no restaining order is going to slow me down.

maybe not the restraining order, but I think my being in England might slow you down a bit.

Hotrod
05-12-2009, 10:22 AM
maybe not the restraining order, but I think my being in England might slow you down a bit.

That is certainly a problem. :nono:

SureShot
05-12-2009, 10:26 AM

Hey who was the other heart broken guy here that was all over the "Hey ya" girl?

alkemical
05-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Hey who was the other heart broken guy here that was all over the "Hey ya" girl?

heh, the only other one that stands out to me is being asked to pray for floriduh broncos GF when she dumped him.

Hotrod
05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
There is a thread somewhere around here about some girl joining the mane and asking about single bronco fans. Ha!

Many posters flipped their lids in that thread if I remember right.

Miss I.
05-12-2009, 10:41 AM
well it wasn't me, though some crack head did start those crazy dating threads for me...I am still waiting for Spider to show up in the gold lame thong with ball bearings...it's all so confusing...

BroncosinDC
05-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Ono?

Because my advice is alwalys go get laid and/or drunk you were able to see through my thinly disguised ego...almost impressive.

By the way that is my advice for pretty much every situation...from losing your job to getting a promotion, from breaking up, to getting married. I'm not sure if that makes me a good friend, a great friend, a terrible friend, or why my buddies girlfriends never like me to much. Though in most cases that advice extends to my female friends as well.

Pseudofool
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
There is a thread somewhere around here about some girl joining the mane and asking about single bronco fans. Ha!

Many posters flipped their lids in that thread if I remember right.I remember that. Last off season? Funny, funny stuff (in a shadenfreude kind of way).

Hotrod
05-12-2009, 03:30 PM
well it wasn't me, though some crack head did start those crazy dating threads for me...I am still waiting for Spider to show up in the gold lame thong with ball bearings...it's all so confusing...

When I lost I drowned my disappointment with Old Milwakee beer :nono:

baja
05-13-2009, 03:57 AM

Many posters flipped their lids in that thread if I remember right.

Oh that was me. ;D

TheChamp24
05-13-2009, 04:10 AM
When my now ex-fiancee' of 4 years dumped me because she met some short black guy playing World of Warcraft, my brother and his friends said one thing to me:
"The only way to get over a girl is to get on top of another"

worm
05-13-2009, 06:52 AM
When my now ex-fiancee' of 4 years dumped me because she met some short black guy playing World of Warcraft, my brother and his friends said one thing to me:

See Firefly. No matter how bad you think your situation is....there is always a guy that has it worse.

Hotrod
05-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Oh that was me. ;D

Very nice work ^5

Odysseus
05-13-2009, 09:01 AM

Your plastic surgery bill has to be ridiculous. I should type really large so you can hear me. Dude! You are a hard core playa.

Odysseus
05-13-2009, 09:02 AM

This has to be the worst advice combined with the worst online dumping I have ever heard. Wow! This is deep fried no **** covered in holy ****.

azbroncfan
05-13-2009, 09:03 AM

LOL We could have a buy them each a hooker fund raiser. Maybe not though as it sounds like outside services is what could have Firefly in trouble. I guess you sleep in the bed you make.

Hotrod
05-13-2009, 09:07 AM

Dude you dodged a serious bullet here.

This is the strangest thing I've heard in awhile.

Odysseus
05-13-2009, 09:09 AM
LOL We could have a buy them each a hooker fund raiser. Maybe not though as it sounds like outside services is what could have Firefly in trouble. I guess you sleep in the bed you make.

A hooker fund raiser? For those guys? Get me their addresses. I will put them on the crack whore of the month club. They better have cab fare back to NYC.

TheReverend
05-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Dude you dodged a serious bullet here.

This is the strangest thing I've heard in awhile.

Only way that gets stranger (and eerily understandable at the same time) if she was the bearded lady...

TheDave
05-13-2009, 10:41 AM
So the lesson here is...

If you cheat on your wife, let her move out with out a fight, allow things to fester for another month or so, then ignore her when she asks you to go to marriage counseling... Things might take a turn for the worse?

Wow... I'm truly dumber for having read this.

Hotrod
05-13-2009, 10:45 AM
So the lesson here is...

If you cheat on your wife, let her move out with out a fight, allow things to fester for another month or so, then ignore her when she asks you to go to marriage counseling... Things might take a turn for the worse?

Well if you want to look at it that way sure but I think we can still turn this and put it on her shoulders. It is ALWAYS the womans fault.

TheDave
05-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Well if you want to look at it that way sure but I think we can still turn this and put it on her shoulders. It is ALWAYS the womans fault.

Especially if she was a chef fan... ;D

bronco militia
05-13-2009, 10:52 AM
try http://www.fmylife.com

Hotrod
05-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Especially if she was a chef fan... ;D

Any guy who is stupid enough to get involved with a chef fan gets what is coming to him and deserves to lose half his stuff.

err wait :)

Hotrod
05-13-2009, 11:00 AM
try http://www.fmylife.com

LOL awesome

bronco militia
05-13-2009, 11:12 AM
LOL awesome

feel free to share......I just found out my work filters won't allow me to visit that site anymore....fml

>:'(

Hotrod
05-13-2009, 11:13 AM
feel free to share......I just found out my work filters won't allow mt to visit that site anymore....fml

>:'(

After reading some of that alot of those have to be fake. That or my life is pure gold Ha!

TheDave
05-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Any guy who is stupid enough to get involved with a chef fan gets what is coming to him and deserves to lose half his stuff.

err wait :)

In fairness, my wife was a Raiders' fan when I first met her...

bronco militia
05-13-2009, 11:15 AM
After reading some of that alot of those have to be fake. That or my life is pure gold Ha!

yes and yes...:~ohyah!:

azbroncfan
05-13-2009, 05:52 PM
So the lesson here is...

Uhh yeah that is what it sounds like. I have to agree 100 percent with the above.

BroncoMan4ever
05-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I sooo know what you mean. Trust me. When it was on her terms, no biggie -
CRAZY...

dude, an actual argument my stripper ex and I had, was about me not coming to the club to watch her dance. She actually thought i was busy cheating on her, and that's why i didn't go to the club.

and when i told her it was because i wasn't really into watching her strip for random dudes, and then give them lapdances while i am in the club watching this all go down, she got pissed and said that i was embarassed of her and unsupportive of her "career"

i tell you, strippers have some **** wrong in their heads

sad thing is, i dated her for 3 months.(sex was incredible)

alkemical
05-14-2009, 05:48 AM
dude, an actual argument my stripper ex and I had, was about me not coming to the club to watch her dance. She actually thought i was busy cheating on her, and that's why i didn't go to the club.

and when i told her it was because i wasn't really into watching her strip for random dudes, and then give them lapdances while i am in the club watching this all go down, she got pissed and said that i was embarassed of her and unsupportive of her "career"

i tell you, strippers have some **** wrong in their heads

sad thing is, i dated her for 3 months.(sex was incredible)

2 months...and word... ;)

Mogulseeker
05-14-2009, 05:55 AM
Because my advice is alwalys go get laid and/or drunk you were able to see through my thinly disguised ego...almost impressive.

By the way that is my advice for pretty much every situation...from losing your job to getting a promotion, from breaking up, to getting married. I'm not sure if that makes me a good friend, a great friend, a terrible friend, or why my buddies girlfriends never like me to much. Though in most cases that advice extends to my female friends as well.

I knew it was you, man... it's cool to have a guy I played High School football with on the Mane.

Hotrod
05-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Uhh yeah that is what it sounds like. I have to agree 100 percent with the above.

Blah, you two are just haters. It is obviously the chicks fault here. She needs to be more understanding that we are hard wired to tap anything that moves.

Not Our Fault

Miss I.
05-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Blah, you two are just haters. It is obviously the chicks fault here. She needs to be more understanding that we are hard wired to tap anything that moves.

Not Our Fault

I don't see how baby chickens play into this scenario at all, but I guess if that's your fetish that's your fetish.

I personally see their point. However, I also think if he really needs closure he should talk to her instead of just telling us his feelings on this board. If she shoots him down, he's not in anyworse a position then before (unless she actually shoots him).

And this whole stalk her until she relents routine is not romantic. Flying to another country to "convince her" is only going to freak her out. That crap is only romantic in movies or apparently Felicity (where evidently stalking a guy to college is romantic...only if you look like that girl maybe). Find out if she's willing before you show up on her doorstep. Strangely, women like thoughtfulness to actually be thoughtfulness to encompass both our needs and yours, not just either or.

alkemical
05-14-2009, 08:27 AM
I don't see how baby chickens play into this scenario at all, but I guess if that's your fetish that's your fetish.

I personally see their point. However, I also think if he really needs closure he should talk to her instead of just telling us his feelings on this board. If she shoots him down, he's not in anyworse a position then before (unless she actually shoots him).

And this whole stalk her until she relents routine is not romantic. Flying to another country to "convince her" is only going to freak her out. That crap is only romantic in movies or apparently Felicity (where evidently stalking a guy to college is romantic...only if you look like that girl maybe). Find out if she's willing before you show up on her doorstep. Strangely, women like thoughtfulness to actually be thoughtfulness to encompass both our needs and yours, not just either or.

stalking just means devotion. Or at least that's what an ex-gf told me. (She stalked me for two years) oh and yes, she had a big rack.

Miss I.
05-14-2009, 08:31 AM
stalking just means devotion. Or at least that's what an ex-gf told me. (She stalked me for two years) oh and yes, she had a big rack.

So you only consider it stalking if she has small rack? And really, what does having a large bike rack have to do with it? Unless you meant a different rack...like a gun rack, in which case, one would have to be concerned if she had a large gun rack, goodness knows if one of those puppies would go off prematurely...;D

azbroncfan
05-14-2009, 08:35 AM

Not Our Fault

It's just instincts right. At least if you want her back you have to do something instead of standing on you dink and doing nothing.

bronco610
05-14-2009, 09:58 AM
So the lesson here is...

EXACTLY !!!!

alkemical
05-14-2009, 10:24 AM
So you only consider it stalking if she has small rack? And really, what does having a large bike rack have to do with it? Unless you meant a different rack...like a gun rack, in which case, one would have to be concerned if she had a large gun rack, goodness knows if one of those puppies would go off prematurely...;D

smartass... ;)

If a crazy bitch is going to kill you, her hotness makes your death much more "ok".... haha.

Women don't use guns, it's going to hurt when "she" does it... lol

Archer81
05-14-2009, 10:29 AM

If she was in love with him as much as he says, talking to one another should be a simple thing. No wierd behavior like following her arround or showing up at her doorstep overseas. Hash it out, if its meant to be it will happen. If not, bind up the wounds and move on. IMO, of course.

:Broncos:

Pontius Pirate
05-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Orange Mane Members = Purveyors of intelligent relationship advice since never.

montrose
05-16-2009, 08:21 AM

The funny thing is this is true. I can literally walk to this strip club in under five minutes if I wanted to.