PDA

View Full Version : Pisa Tinoisamoa Released by Rams

WoodMan
05-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I think it would be a good idea for the Broncos to sign this player to compete at linebacker. Does anyone know anything about his character?

CHANGSTER
05-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Pisa Schitt

Northman
05-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Who?

oubronco
05-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Pisa Schitt

:giggle: :thumbs:

WoodMan
05-08-2009, 06:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/pisatinoisamoa/profile?id=TIN225467

Pisa Tinoisamoa | #50 | LB
St. Louis Rams (http://www.nfl.com/teams/st.louisrams/profile?team=STL) | Official Team Site (http://www.stlouisrams.com/)

Height: 6-1 Weight: 240 Age: 27
Born: 7/15/1981 San Diego , CA
College: Hawaii
Experience: 7th season
High School: Vista HS [CA]
team rosters
quick stats (2008)
<SELECT class=teamroster onchange="javascript: window.location = '/teams/roster?team=' + this.value;" name=teamroster> <OPTION selected>Select a Team</OPTION> <OPTION value=ARI>Arizona Cardinals</OPTION> <OPTION value=ATL>Atlanta Falcons</OPTION> <OPTION value=BAL>Baltimore Ravens</OPTION> <OPTION value=BUF>Buffalo Bills</OPTION> <OPTION value=CAR>Carolina Panthers</OPTION> <OPTION value=CHI>Chicago Bears</OPTION> <OPTION value=CIN>Cincinnati Bengals</OPTION> <OPTION value=CLE>Cleveland Browns</OPTION> <OPTION value=DAL>Dallas Cowboys</OPTION> <OPTION value=DEN>Denver Broncos</OPTION> <OPTION value=DET>Detroit Lions</OPTION> <OPTION value=GB>Green Bay Packers</OPTION> <OPTION value=HOU>Houston Texans</OPTION> <OPTION value=IND>Indianapolis Colts</OPTION> <OPTION value=JAC>Jacksonville Jaguars</OPTION> <OPTION value=KC>Kansas City Chiefs</OPTION> <OPTION value=MIA>Miami Dolphins</OPTION> <OPTION value=MIN>Minnesota Vikings</OPTION> <OPTION value=NE>New England Patriots</OPTION> <OPTION value=NO>New Orleans Saints</OPTION> <OPTION value=NYG>New York Giants</OPTION> <OPTION value=NYJ>New York Jets</OPTION> <OPTION value=OAK>Oakland Raiders</OPTION> <OPTION value=PHI>Philadelphia Eagles</OPTION> <OPTION value=PIT>Pittsburgh Steelers</OPTION> <OPTION value=SD>San Diego Chargers</OPTION> <OPTION value=SF>San Francisco 49ers</OPTION> <OPTION value=SEA>Seattle Seahawks</OPTION> <OPTION value=STL>St. Louis Rams</OPTION> <OPTION value=TB>Tampa Bay Buccaneers</OPTION> <OPTION value=TEN>Tennessee Titans</OPTION> <OPTION value=WAS>Washington Redskins</OPTION></SELECT>
<TABLE class=statspotlight cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=STLcolors>TCKL</TH></TR><TR><TD>104</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=statspotlight cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=STLcolors>SCK</TH></TR><TR><TD>3.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=statspotlight cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=STLcolors>FF</TH></TR><TR><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=statspotlight cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=STLcolors>INT</TH></TR><TR><TD>--</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ludo21
05-08-2009, 06:55 PM
ive always liked him for some reason, i wouldnt be against it. But we need OLB, we are good at ILB I think.

Man-Goblin
05-08-2009, 07:09 PM
I thought this was a bioterrorism story.

Br0nc0Buster
05-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Pass
He is too light and cant stay healthy

He couldnt beat out any of our current ILBs anyways

BroncoMan4ever
05-08-2009, 07:50 PM
if he was an OLB i would say ok bring him in, but we are set at ILB

meangene
05-08-2009, 08:12 PM
if he was an OLB i would say ok bring him in, but we are set at ILB

Travis LaBoy is the linebacker from Hawaii who makes more sense. Experienced OLB in the 3-4. I would think Nolan would be familiar with him since he played in Arizona last year.

Mr Chatterboodamn
05-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Went to HS with him...really turned his life around at hawaii... a great story.

BroncoMan4ever
05-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Travis LaBoy is the linebacker from Hawaii who makes more sense. Experienced OLB in the 3-4. I would think Nolan would be familiar with him since he played in Arizona last year.

I'd really like that signing.

cutthemdown
05-08-2009, 10:21 PM
He's too small. True we have DJ and Woodyard who are also too small for a 3-4 but adding more players like them would not make since.

Punisher
05-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Anything to help the D or ST out

Drek
05-09-2009, 04:35 AM
I don't think there is much chance he'd beat out DJ and Davis for the starting inside jobs, and he'd probably have a fight with Woodyard or Larsen. If we're talking long term depth I'd rather keep Lee Robinson as a long term developmental type.

Don't see a fit for him here myself, unless he can somehow play SOLB.

edit: thanks Cut.

cutthemdown
05-09-2009, 04:56 AM
I don't think there is much chance he'd beat out DJ and Davis for the starting inside jobs, and he'd probably have a fight with Woodyard or Hillis. If we're talking long term depth I'd rather keep Lee Robinson as a long term developmental type.

Don't see a fit for him here myself, unless he can somehow play SOLB.

I think you mean Larsen.

You know he's probably a decent linebacker, but they only thing Broncos should look for are real OLB that can play in a 3-4. We have Boss Bailey also who runs what 240?

That's enough 230-240 guys. I think though Larsen, Davis in a different boat because they do have some size inside.

lazarus4444
05-09-2009, 07:35 PM
He was the rams leading tackler last year. 88 solo tackles.

DHallblows
05-10-2009, 12:40 AM
I thought this was a bioterrorism story.

ROFL! That damn Ram Flu!

cutthemdown
05-10-2009, 02:58 AM

But Broncos will be looking for players to play a 3-4 supposedly. This is what Pro Football Weekly thinks of him.

Although he played as hard as any player in the league and was often very productive, the player affectionately nicknamed “Hawaii 5-0” was always a square peg in a round hole because of his smallish stature. Listed at 6-1, 235, but with a playing weight closer to 220 last season, not only was he often overpowered by bigger blockers, Tinoisamoa was also more susceptible to injuries, missing a combined 12 games in 2006 and ’07 due to a host of different injuries.

He managed to stay healthy last season, but with the decision shortly after the season to move LB Will Witherspoon from the middle to the weak side, Tinoisamoa suddenly appeared to be a player without a position. At the Rams’ first minicamp, he showed up as the starter on the strong side, leading close observers to believe that perhaps his hustle and relentlessness was enough of a selling point to convince the team’s new regime that he could get the job done, despite seeming very undersized for that role.

Notice they say closer to 220 pounds. There is no logical reason for another Woodyard. We have the small tenacious linebacker role solved with woodyard. Now if a good 250 pound SSL comes available, one who could play in the 3-4 by showing the ability to not only hold the edge on strong side, but also hang with the avg TE I would be all for it.

cutthemdown
05-10-2009, 02:59 AM

Seriously though where would he play? We don't need another weakside linebacker. In fact with 3-4 on the way we don't need any weakside linebackers. We need big pass rushing OLB, and big physical inside linebackers.