PDA

View Full Version : OT: Restaurant Discounts

SportinOne
05-08-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure how many of you know about this, but if you go to restaurant.com (make sure you don't put an "s" at the end, totally different.) you can buy gift certificates to local restaurants at a pretty nice discount.

Most places offer a $25 certificate for $10. Not bad, but not spectacular since you usually have to spend at least $35 for the certificate to apply. But there are also promotion codes out there that you can find with a simple google search. There is one ending soon and the code is "gift." This takes 60% off of your gift certificate purchase. So, right now, you can basically get a 25$ certificate for $4. Or, buy 4 separate certificates worth $100 for only $16.

I have no affiliation with this site, but I just found out about the place and decided to buy a couple and thought maybe someone here might take interest in it. You're probably not going to find any five star super-restaurants on there, but there are still some pretty solid choices. Enjoy :peace:

edit: FYI, the "gift" discount ends May 11. Although new ones pop up all the time.

BABronco
05-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure how many of you know about this, but if you go to restaurant.com (make sure you don't put an "s" at the end, totally different.) you can buy gift certificates to local restaurants at a pretty nice discount.

Most places offer a $25 certificate for $10. Not bad, but not spectacular since you usually have to spend at least $35 for the certificate to apply. But there are also promotion codes out there that you can find with a simple google search. There is one ending soon and the code is "gift." This takes 60% off of your gift certificate purchase. So, right now, you can basically get a 25$ certificate for $4. Or, buy 4 separate certificates worth $100 for only $16.

I have no affiliation with this site, but I just found out about the place and decided to buy a couple and thought maybe someone here might take interest in it. You're probably not going to find any five star super-restaurants on there, but there are still some pretty solid choices. Enjoy :peace:

edit: FYI, the "gift" discount ends May 11. Although new ones pop up all the time.

Been there done that. GREAT SITE!

OBF1
05-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the info....some nice local places I would like to visit.

ludo21
05-08-2009, 05:54 PM
wow this is awesome, thanks champ

Los Broncos
05-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Here is the book I use, it has tons of discounts for places I eat.

Not sure if you can buy for your area.

http://www.entertainment-savings-offers.com/orange-county/book/

BroncosinDC
05-08-2009, 09:03 PM
That might be my least favorite website of all time. The way it works is Restaurant.com gets places to let them print the gift certs. The actual Restaurant doesn't get anything from it as far as money on the gc, hence the discounted price and minimum amount needed.

Then the people that come into the restaurant never tip on the orginal total of the bill, and usually 15% on that too.

Anyways I effing hate that website and wish it complete failure but seeing as how they really don't have a product to make other than an automated call center I doubt it.

I'm open to the idea its a marketing tool, and puts asses in seats but still hate it.

Meck77
05-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Quincy's steakhouse in Leadville Co......

Get some! No need for a discount. Filet Mignon dinner is $7.95. I'm not kidding.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=tzL&ei=siYFSsT1KpGctgOtqoT7AQ&resnum=0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=quincy%27s+steakhouse+leadville&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&latlng=10066140999468059577&dtab=2&pcsi=10066140999468059577,1&ei=uCYFSt-hLJe6tgPFqrnkAQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=result&resnum=1

SportinOne
05-09-2009, 10:10 AM
That might be my least favorite website of all time. The way it works is Restaurant.com gets places to let them print the gift certs. The actual Restaurant doesn't get anything from it as far as money on the gc, hence the discounted price and minimum amount needed.

Then the people that come into the restaurant never tip on the orginal total of the bill, and usually 15% on that too.

Anyways I effing hate that website and wish it complete failure but seeing as how they really don't have a product to make other than an automated call center I doubt it.

I'm open to the idea its a marketing tool, and puts asses in seats but still hate it.

I think they have rectified some of the above problems, or at least they have in my area. Now, they add on an 18% gratuity (Madison, WI - not a large city) before the discount is applied and you can certainly tip a little extra if you want. So the customer gets a cheaper meal, the waitress makes the same tip she would have for a regular customer, and the restaurant probably comes out even. If the food is great then I'm sure they gain customers that way as well.