PDA

View Full Version : CSI vs. Law & Order

footstepsfrom#27
05-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Who ya got? To me it's no contest.

I've become a total Law & Order freak. CSI...not so much.

Law & Order gives you sophisticated in depth socio-political commentary on both the positives and negatives in the criminal justice system...at least the one in NYC. You don't know whether the cops or the criminals are going to win in the end. CSI...all three...are all the same thing; high tech and slick model-like sleuths beat psycho nut jobs every time with amazing DNA or Medical Examiner magic. CSI always has some bizarre, exotic tale with as much gore and sicko impact as possible to make up for the unimaginative plot lines. The characters are shallow and poorly developed, especially the cliche ridden female hotties. "Stella" on CSI-NY is the lone exception I guess. The model-hottie CSI is stupid...yeah right...most of the chicks into chemistry studies that I remember looked more like Albert Einstein than prom queens. Then you have the stupid corruption plots where the CSI's are always getting into personal scrapes like gambling or getting themselves framed or kidnapped...whatever...not to mention...do CSI people really run around with guns taking down perps along with the SWAT team?

I suspect not.

Law & Order is the longest running prime time drama in American history and even the reruns are something you can't keep from watching. I've NEVER seen a bad L & O episode...on any of the three series. I like the original best...expecially the pairing with detectives Brisco and Green. Brisco's cynicism is great. Then you get the barely under control DA Jack McCoy whose a parody of problematic ethics that's perfect as a social commentary on the current justice system...he's easy to dislike even though he's one of the good guys, not to mention the female ADA's constantly challenging his sense of fair play keeps things with a tension. SVU is almost as good ...Mariska Hargitay is WAY better than anything CSI throws out there as the tough and gritty female sex crimes cop who takes no crap from anyone. She looks good enough to make you watch, but not out of balance to make it fake. Apparently Hargitay...who BTW is Jane Mansfield's daughter...is an iconic symbol of lesbianism in the gay community but she's straight not a lesbian. Elliot is great as the hot head partner she has to contend with and you know there's something between them even though they never let you see it. The dude that plays Munch is idea for this show...like the Lenny Brisco character on the regular show...this guy couldn't be anything but a cop.

Of the lead roles on CSI, only Gary Sinise's character Mac Taylor impresses me as real. Grishom is a middle aged Encyclopedia Brown and Horatio on Miami?...his character sucks. He's all about intimidating the perp with cute one liners and looking slick...stack him up against any of the Law & Order cops or the characters in the DA's office and it's no contest. The only cop I like on CSI is "Frank", the hard ass bald dude whose got to the most type cast actor in Hollywood. Cop or crook...nothing else would ever fit him.

I used to not like Criminal Intent...but it's grown on me. Kathryn Erbe's character Alex Eames is the perfect compliment to the brooding, Columbo-like male lead Robert Goren played by Vincent D'Onofrio. I love her sarcasm with the perps while Goren's baiting the trap with his overgrown boy routine. Criminal Intent's a bit behind the other two L & O's because it's not got the same amount of interaction with the judicial system iMO. I'm anxious to see how Jeff Goldblum's character is portrayed in the new episodes. His female counterpart...can't remember her name but she's got the boy style haircut...she's the only one i'm not sold on for the series.

CSI or Law & Order...which one wins?

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 03:02 PM
TL,DR
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/Caruso_csi.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/Stopped_clock.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/cumming.png

footstepsfrom#27
05-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Ha ha...almost as stupid as the real thing.

The Big E
05-08-2009, 03:21 PM
L&O, and it's not even close. CSI sux.

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I love CSI for the realistic technology, beautiful people and exotic locales.
I would absolutely love a sexytime sandwich with gary senise and david caruso.

Inkana7
05-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Dick Wolf is a man and a half.

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Dick wolf accidentally the whole fleshlight!

philiptr2
05-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I cant stand CSI:Miami and David Caruso, but I dont miss CSI and CSI:NY.

footstepsfrom#27
05-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Something else dumb about CSI...the perp always confesses like 2 minutes into interrogation. They never even ask for a lawyer. It's like they can't wait to go to prison. Lame...

lex
05-08-2009, 04:59 PM
L&O seems more gritty and real, whereas CSI seems plastic by comparison. I cant even tolerate CSI. I go through phases where Ill watch L&O.

Northman
05-08-2009, 05:02 PM
The Original CSI was really good. But overall for quality of series and spinoffs the Law & Order's are far superior. The spinoff's for the CSI series just arent half as good.

DenverBrit
05-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Like Law and Order......but love Boston Legal.

Tombstone RJ
05-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Who ya got? To me it's no contest.

I've become a total Law & Order freak. CSI...not so much.

Law & Order gives you sophisticated in depth socio-political commentary on both the positives and negatives in the criminal justice system...at least the one in NYC. You don't know whether the cops or the criminals are going to win in the end. CSI...all three...are all the same thing; high tech and slick model-like sleuths beat psycho nut jobs every time with amazing DNA or Medical Examiner magic. CSI always has some bizarre, exotic tale with as much gore and sicko impact as possible to make up for the unimaginative plot lines. The characters are shallow and poorly developed, especially the cliche ridden female hotties. "Stella" on CSI-NY is the lone exception I guess. The model-hottie CSI is stupid...yeah right...most of the chicks into chemistry studies that I remember looked more like Albert Einstein than prom queens. Then you have the stupid corruption plots where the CSI's are always getting into personal scrapes like gambling or getting themselves framed or kidnapped...whatever...not to mention...do CSI people really run around with guns taking down perps along with the SWAT team?

I suspect not.

Law & Order is the longest running prime time drama in American history and even the reruns are something you can't keep from watching. I've NEVER seen a bad L & O episode...on any of the three series. I like the original best...expecially the pairing with detectives Brisco and Green. Brisco's cynicism is great. Then you get the barely under control DA Jack McCoy whose a parody of problematic ethics that's perfect as a social commentary on the current justice system...he's easy to dislike even though he's one of the good guys, not to mention the female ADA's constantly challenging his sense of fair play keeps things with a tension. SVU is almost as good ...Mariska Hargitay is WAY better than anything CSI throws out there as the tough and gritty female sex crimes cop who takes no crap from anyone. She looks good enough to make you watch, but not out of balance to make it fake. Apparently Hargitay...who BTW is Jane Mansfield's daughter...is an iconic symbol of lesbianism in the gay community but she's straight not a lesbian. Elliot is great as the hot head partner she has to contend with and you know there's something between them even though they never let you see it. The dude that plays Munch is idea for this show...like the Lenny Brisco character on the regular show...this guy couldn't be anything but a cop.

Of the lead roles on CSI, only Gary Sinise's character Mac Taylor impresses me as real. Grishom is a middle aged Encyclopedia Brown and Horatio on Miami?...his character sucks. He's all about intimidating the perp with cute one liners and looking slick...stack him up against any of the Law & Order cops or the characters in the DA's office and it's no contest. The only cop I like on CSI is "Frank", the hard ass bald dude whose got to the most type cast actor in Hollywood. Cop or crook...nothing else would ever fit him.

I used to not like Criminal Intent...but it's grown on me. Kathryn Erbe's character Alex Eames is the perfect compliment to the brooding, Columbo-like male lead Robert Goren played by Vincent D'Onofrio. I love her sarcasm with the perps while Goren's baiting the trap with his overgrown boy routine. Criminal Intent's a bit behind the other two L & O's because it's not got the same amount of interaction with the judicial system iMO. I'm anxious to see how Jeff Goldblum's character is portrayed in the new episodes. His female counterpart...can't remember her name but she's got the boy style haircut...she's the only one i'm not sold on for the series.

CSI or Law & Order...which one wins?

uh, where's the choice for "neither" or "really don't give a ratz azz"? Law and Order has been running so long that now the stories are just stupid. It's like the writers have to think up new and perverted criminals. I can see them sitting in a room going "What the hell is this episode gonna be about? Oh, I got it, how about a nerd who murders his next door neighbor, but on the internet, because the next door neighbor does not really exist, it's all in his mind because he's so sick due to sexual abuse by his real next door neighbor, who is also his estranged father! Yah, that's the ticket!"

Brilliant!

Inkana7
05-08-2009, 06:12 PM
uh, where's the choice for "neither" or "really don't give a ratz azz"? Law and Order has been running so long that now the stories are just stupid. It's like the writers have to think up new and perverted criminals. I can see them sitting in a room going "What the hell is this episode gonna be about? Oh, I got it, how about a nerd who murders his next door neighbor, but on the internet, because the next door neighbor does not really exist, it's all in his mind because he's so sick due to sexual abuse by his real next door neighbor, who is also his estranged father! Yah, that's the ticket!"

Brilliant!

Actually Law and Order has been pretty good at making episodes based off of current events, much like South Park. For example, they had an episode about an astronaut who went crazy and killed a bitch because she was in love with this other astronaut.

oubronco
05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
TL,DR
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/Caruso_csi.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/Stopped_clock.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/cumming.png

Hilarious! ROFL! LOL

BroncoBuff
05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
The CSI shows are perhaps the least realistic shows in history.

Mo-ho-host especially so 'CSI: Miami.'

Take it from a guy who spent 12 years in the criminal justice system on a daily basis. I have observed, interviewed and cross-examined well over a hundred CSIs, and one thing I can tell you: none of them carry guns. Ever. They are technicians ... wannabe-scientist types. The prototypical CSI in Los Angeles County is a 30-something slim, bookish Asian male with glasses and a pocket protector, lugging around his fishing tackle box filled with blots and fluids and evidence envelopes. He speaks very quietly (on the rare occasion he does speak), and always seems to shy away from interpersonal contact. He only sports a badge on his belt because of regulations.

He's quick with a fingerprint brush ... but wouldn't know a Beretta if it sat on his lap and called him mommy.

footstepsfrom#27
05-08-2009, 08:10 PM
The CSI shows are perhaps the least realistic shows in history.

Mo-ho-host especially so 'CSI: Miami.'

Take it from a guy who spent 12 years in the criminal justice system on a daily basis. I have observed, interviewed and cross-examined well over a hundred CSIs, and one thing I can tell you: none of them carry guns. Ever. They are technicians ... wannabe-scientist types. The prototypical CSI in Los Angeles County is a 30-something slim, bookish Asian male with glasses and a pocket protector, lugging around his fishing tackle box filled with blots and fluids and evidence envelopes. He speaks very quietly (on the rare occasion he does speak), and always seems to shy away from interpersonal contact. He only sports a badge on his belt because of regulations.
He's quick with a fingerprint brush ... but wouldn't know a Beretta if it sat on his lap and called him mommy.
That's about what I figured.

JCMElway
05-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Now NCIS may be able to compete with Law and Order for one reason. Yummy.

BroncoBuff
05-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Mariska Hargitay...who BTW is Jane Mansfield's daughter...is an iconic symbol of lesbianism in the gay community but she's straight not a lebian.

Didn't know that about Jayne Mansfield, interesting ....

Weird Hargitay trivia ... I know her brother Mickey, he runs a high-class flower and decorative plant business on Fountain and Sycamore in Hollywood. His clients are the top people in the biz.

CHANGSTER
05-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Never got into CSI so I cant say anything about it. Out of the Law and Order shows I definitely like SVU the best. Better cast than the original and its less law and more order.

footstepsfrom#27
05-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Didn't know that about Jayne Mansfield, interesting ....

Weird Hargitay trivia ... I know her brother Mickey, he runs a high-class flower and decorative plant business on Fountain and Sycamore in Hollywood. His clients are the top people in the biz.
She was a baby in the back seat of the car in the fatal car accident that killed her mother and left her with a scar on the side of her head. Hargitay was Miss Beverly Hills 1982 and 4th runnerup in the Miss California beauty pagent. She's also a real life activist for sexual assault victims.