PDA

View Full Version : damn hillis can get moving...

tsiguy96
05-08-2009, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u81gINGflM

fast forward to 3:20...

BroncoMan4ever
05-08-2009, 02:56 PM
i loved that return. Hillis was just knocking dudes on their asses left and right.

looking at the young guys we have on the roster, i am really excited for this season.

Pony Boy
05-08-2009, 05:32 PM
So far I'm on board with all the new changes and but if McDaniel's trades Hills, I will move to the dark side with all the bashers and haters. That would be the last straw!

tnedator
05-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Wow, when he turned it on, he pulled away from Royal. Royal probably wasn't going full tilt, but he was loping either.

BroncoBuff
05-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Wow, when he turned it on, he pulled away from Royal. Royal probably wasn't going full tilt, but he was loping either.

Yeah, that is one FAST fullback!

mr007
05-09-2009, 10:15 AM
I hope he gets a legitimate chance to be a RB with us. I think it'd be a great 1-2 punch with him and Moreno.

On a side note to this video, damn Cutler can make some effin' great throws when he's on.

cabronco
05-09-2009, 10:53 AM
I hope he gets a legitimate chance to be a RB with us. I think it'd be a great 1-2 punch with him and Moreno.

On a side note to this video, damn Cutler can make some effin' great throws when he's on.

Wow what a 1-2 punch that will be w/ Hillis & Moreno. Count me as one to move over to the bashers/ haters side if Hillis is traded. I thought the same thing about Cutler...When he's on , he's fun to watch. When he's off & throwing red zone picks & moping back to the bench..well dont really matter now.

Borks147
05-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Hillis is fan favorite that won't get much return in a trade. It would be stupid to trade him. I would be angrier than when they traded Cutler.

BABronco
05-09-2009, 12:06 PM
I will stab somebody in the eye with a spoon if we trade hillis

Popps
05-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Hillis is fan favorite that won't get much return in a trade. It would be stupid to trade him. I would be angrier than when they traded Cutler.

Funny, but I think that's a pretty common sentiment.

tsiguy96
05-09-2009, 12:17 PM

its because we realize we would never, ever get a player who can have near as much impact for our team with the pick we get. for cutler we got 3 picks including 2 first rounders, not bad. for hillis wed get maybe a 4th on a good day.

unlike cutler who is an up and down player, hillis is a blue collar, work your ass off type player that gives his all.

ZONA
05-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah, Hillis can move for that big of a guy. He would never even had a shot to run for us if he was slow.

There is no value in trading him. He is young, productive, hard working, no off the field issues, smart, tough, big, strong, faster then you would think, good blocker, excellent hands, great leg drive, quick feet, good vision, good ball security.................and all this at the price of a 7th round contract. You would have to be an idiot to trade him, unless some team just sees it the same way and offers a 2nd pick or something. Why risk trading him for a 4th or 5th because the next guy you bring in is going to be a question mark at best.

BroncoInSkinland
05-09-2009, 12:31 PM

It would be ok after a month though, there would be plenty of people to rationalize the trade, and beat down anyone who wasn't in favor of it by telling them they weren't good fans and that they should go root for whatever team Hillis was traded to. Oh and I am sure it would be part of McDaniels plans as well, and you know we have to give the guy a chance since he hasn't even lost a single game yet.

For the record I said we would probably get a 4th round pick as I think that is how he would be valued on the market. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a first and a mid rounder if I made the decisions though.

It's all hyptothetical though, no reason to get concerned about it. I think Hillis and Scheffler will be here this year. I just hope that they will help get us some wins.

TheReverend
05-09-2009, 12:45 PM
I'll be honest, that video makes me miss the living **** out of Jay Cutler.

Jason in LA
05-09-2009, 01:18 PM
That Eddie Royal guy looked pretty good too. ;D

Cito Pelon
05-09-2009, 01:27 PM
So far I'm on board with all the new changes and but if McDaniel's trades Hills, I will move to the dark side with all the bashers and haters. That would be the last straw!

Good Lord, when are you folks gonna stop with this? HILLIS WILL NOT BE TRADED, NOR WILL HE BE RELEASED.

Jesus God in Heaven, HILLIS WILL NOT BE LET GO, PERIOD!

It's amazing sometimes the mental density on this board.

fdf
05-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Good Lord, when are you folks gonna stop with this? HILLIS WILL NOT BE TRADED, NOR WILL HE BE RELEASED.

Jesus God in Heaven, HILLIS WILL NOT BE LET GO, PERIOD!

It's amazing sometimes the mental density on this board.

The logic is:

1. All Broncos I like will be traded

2. I like Hillis

3. Therefore, Hillis will be traded.

OR

1. GutlessDrunk hired McStinkyPants for the sole purpose of making ME angry

2. Trading Hillis would make me angry

3. Therefore, McStinkyPants will trade Hillis.

I suspect the principal factor in whether Hillis plays for the Broncos next year is whether he can come back from a really bad injury. I have no idea what the status of his recovery is.

TheReverend
05-09-2009, 02:04 PM
The logic is:

2. I like Hillis

OR

I suspect the principal factor in whether Hillis plays for the Broncos next year is whether he can come back from a really bad injury. I have no idea what the status of his recovery is.

Or if you don't want to approach it like an idiot, you could say:

1. We have a log-jam at the RB position

2. Hillis is a YOUNG player, show-cased great ability, and is on a dirt-cheap rookie contract.

3. Therefore, Hillis will be attractive to teams looking to bolster their RB stable.

Regardless, let's remain hopeful Hillis sticks and is properly utilized.

Cito Pelon
05-09-2009, 03:06 PM
The logic is:

2. I like Hillis

OR

He already took some reps in the last minicamp. Nothing strenuous.

Meck77
05-09-2009, 03:10 PM

I'm with you there.

Popps
05-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Well, until draft day... Hillis was without question the best RB on our roster. Now, we appear to have a potential star prospect. So, it's unclear who will be the best RB of the two, but it's very clear to me that McD loves to have a lot of backs at his disposal.

Think about how much action Faulk saw in NE. He's been a multi-purpose staple for them. I personally think Hillis is an excellent weapon on first down carrying the ball, but I can't deny that he's got a host of other skills.

Unless McDaniels sees Jordan as his replacement... which I doubt, I can't imagine he's going anywhere.

McD places a big premium on versatile, hard working guys. Doesn't get much better than Hillis, in that regard.

Cito Pelon
05-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Or if you don't want to approach it like an idiot, you could say:

1. We have a log-jam at the RB position

2. Hillis is a YOUNG player, show-cased great ability, and is on a dirt-cheap rookie contract.

3. Therefore, Hillis will be attractive to teams looking to bolster their RB stable.

Regardless, let's remain hopeful Hillis sticks and is properly utilized.

"We have a logjam at the RB position"? Yer nuts, totally out of your mind.

5 RB's will make the opening day roster, the Broncs have 6 on the roster right now on May 9th, dumbass.

If you're counting Torain, you're an idiot. Torain won't carry a ball until November.

I think I said before Hillis won't be traded or cut, period.

Popps
05-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Yea, I don't agree with the log-jam theory, either. If that's the case, we wouldn't have drafted a RB #1. McD sees his stable of guys as complimentary and back-up role players.

Starter-Moreno
Rotation back- Hillis
First Back Up-Buckhalter
2nd Rotation Back-Jordan
2nd Back-up/Kick Returns-Arrington

That's a lot of backs to keep around on game-day, but keep in mind... at least two of those guys could be listed as something else. (TE/FB, etc.)

TheReverend
05-09-2009, 03:53 PM
"We have a logjam at the RB position"? Yer nuts, totally out of your mind.

5 RB's will make the opening day roster, the Broncs have 6 on the roster right now on May 9th, dumbass.

If you're counting Torain, you're an idiot. Torain won't carry a ball until November.

I think I said before Hillis won't be traded or cut, period.

We signed 4, drafted another, and still have holdovers...

That leaves 9 running backs on the roster. To put that in perspective... we have 11 offensive linemen on the roster, and yes, that's for all FIVE OL positions.

So in your own words: "Yer nuts, totally out of your mind."

Cito Pelon
05-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Yea, I don't agree with the log-jam theory, either. If that's the case, we wouldn't have drafted a RB #1. McD sees his stable of guys as complimentary and back-up role players.

Starter-Moreno
Rotation back- Hillis
First Back Up-Buckhalter
2nd Rotation Back-Jordan
2nd Back-up/Kick Returns-Arrington

That's a lot of backs to keep around on game-day, but keep in mind... at least two of those guys could be listed as something else. (TE/FB, etc.)

Five RB's is typical for an opening day roster. That's the whole bunch - tailbacks, fullbacks, the whole bunch. You just listed all five. Those five better be healthy on opening day. That's why Darius and the UDFA are on the TC roster. And they'll need one more. They'll add one more from another team for the PS.

Cito Pelon
05-09-2009, 04:14 PM
We signed 4, drafted another, and still have holdovers...

That leaves 9 running backs on the roster. To put that in perspective... we have 11 offensive linemen on the roster, and yes, that's for all FIVE OL positions.

So in your own words: "Yer nuts, totally out of your mind."

Rev, you idiot, there are 7 RB's on the roster right now today including Darius Walker and Torain. You better forget all about Torain for Opening Day. Why do I have to explain this over and over?

They need 5 for Opening Day. Do you get it maybe, finally?

TheReverend
05-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Rev, you idiot, there are 7 RB's on the roster right now today including Darius Walker and Torain. You better forget all about Torain for Opening Day. Why do I have to explain this over and over?

They need 5 for Opening Day. Do you get it maybe, finally?

No... there's 9...

Buckhalter, Correll RB ACT 6'0" 217 10/6/1978 9 Nebraska
Arrington, J.J. RB ACT 5'9" 212 1/23/1983 5 California
Moore, Kestahn RB ACT 5'10" 207 4/13/1987 0 Florida
Moreno, Knowshon RB UDF 5'11" 217 7/16/1987 0 Georgia
23 Hall, Andre RB ACT 5'10" 212 8/20/1982 3 South Florida
42 Torain, Ryan RB ACT 6'1" 225 8/10/1986 2 Arizona State
22 Hillis, Peyton RB ACT 6'2" 250 1/21/1986 2 Arkansas
35 Young, Selvin RB ACT 5'11" 215 10/1/1983 3 Texas
Jordan, LaMont RB ACT 5'10" 230 11/11/1978 9 Maryland

Wait... Okay, 8, Selvin got cut.

Kestahn will go to the PS. Not sure why you're so low on Torain... if he can stay healthy he'll be able to compete.

montrose
05-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Not sure why you're so low on Torain... if he can stay healthy he'll be able to compete.

That's a big if, I've got more confidence in Correll Buckhalter's ability to stay healthy - and that's not a good thing.

Natedog24
05-09-2009, 04:51 PM
That's a big if, I've got more confidence in Correll Buckhalter's ability to stay healthy - and that's not a good thing.

Its a big if but I'm still curious to see him get a shot. He could be a pretty good weapon in a running back by committee system.

TheReverend
05-09-2009, 05:37 PM

I dunno man... Torain may be 0 for 1 in the NFL, but Buck's about 1 for 30,000

Cito Pelon
05-09-2009, 05:43 PM
No... there's 9...

Buckhalter, Correll RB ACT 6'0" 217 10/6/1978 9 Nebraska
Arrington, J.J. RB ACT 5'9" 212 1/23/1983 5 California
Moore, Kestahn RB ACT 5'10" 207 4/13/1987 0 Florida
Moreno, Knowshon RB UDF 5'11" 217 7/16/1987 0 Georgia
23 Hall, Andre RB ACT 5'10" 212 8/20/1982 3 South Florida
42 Torain, Ryan RB ACT 6'1" 225 8/10/1986 2 Arizona State
22 Hillis, Peyton RB ACT 6'2" 250 1/21/1986 2 Arkansas
35 Young, Selvin RB ACT 5'11" 215 10/1/1983 3 Texas
Jordan, LaMont RB ACT 5'10" 230 11/11/1978 9 Maryland

Wait... Okay, 8, Selvin got cut.

Kestahn will go to the PS. Not sure why you're so low on Torain... if he can stay healthy he'll be able to compete.

I'm saying Torain doesn't count. Dude had the ACL in October, he won't be ready til December. I say they have to add backs. Kestahn is the only PS eligible guy. Say Kestahn goes down, who's competing with the D in TC? Them oldsters? The RB situation is set right now. They have to keep them healthy.

lazarus4444
05-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Me too.

TheReverend
05-09-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm saying Torain doesn't count. Dude had the ACL in October, he won't be ready til December. I say they have to add backs. Kestahn is the only PS eligible guy. Say Kestahn goes down, who's competing with the D in TC? Them oldsters? The RB situation is set right now. They have to keep them healthy.

Who's competing with the D in TC...? The players... a PS doesn't really develop until roster cuts come around, first of all.

As for now, it's flat out too many to be getting decent reps to these guys... especially considering it's a new system to ALL of them (minus Jordan who has a whopping 1 year of experience in it, and will still have to learn any Bobby Turner tweaks to it).

So we're looking at a TC camp with 8 backs heading in, splitting time, competing for reps, maybe 7 if Torain truly isn't ready.

It's the definition of a log-jam, Cito.

Cito Pelon
05-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Who's competing with the D in TC...? The players... a PS doesn't really develop until roster cuts come around, first of all.

As for now, it's flat out too many to be getting decent reps to these guys... especially considering it's a new system to ALL of them (minus Jordan who has a whopping 1 year of experience in it, and will still have to learn any Bobby Turner tweaks to it).

So we're looking at a TC camp with 8 backs heading in, splitting time, competing for reps, maybe 7 if Torain truly isn't ready.

It's the definition of a log-jam, Cito.

I can see your point. But there's a lot of reps in a real camp where the D is also competing for spots in the front 7, right? I'm thinking there will be plenty of reps and plenty of nicks. I can see you point. The way I figure it is there is always five RBs on Opening Day. And there's five studs right now in May. You can't **** around with them too much, you better add in some guys that take the one year $230k and attack the D so they can sort out their personnel.

TheReverend
05-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I can see your point. But there's a lot of reps in a real camp where the D is also competing for spots in the front 7, right? I'm thinking there will be plenty of reps and plenty of nicks. I can see you point. The way I figure it is there is always five RBs on Opening Day. And there's five studs right now in May. You can't **** around with them too much, you better add in some guys that take the one year $230k and attack the D so they can sort out their personnel.

Yeah but camps are usually broken into three teams... now you've got 8 backs split into 3 teams... that's not a good volume of reps.

Everyone of these guys is "expendable" except for Knowshon. And due to age, potential that's been displayed, and contract, the one that's most attractive to other teams is Hillis.

So him being dealt is a real possibility. Is it a mistake? Yes it is, imo. But the new regime has shown a tendency to trade extremely talented players in their rookie deals, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Cito Pelon
05-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah but camps are usually broken into three teams... now you've got 8 backs split into 3 teams... that's not a good volume of reps.

Everyone of these guys is "expendable" except for Knowshon. And due to age, potential that's been displayed, and contract, the one that's most attractive to other teams is Hillis.

So him being dealt is a real possibility. Is it a mistake? Yes it is, imo. But the new regime has shown a tendency to trade extremely talented players in their rookie deals, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Now you're down to 8 backs. You love to argue. You're making my point, see? If there is not enough backs to split into 3 teams then they'll have to add backs, not trade them.

tsiguy96
05-09-2009, 09:11 PM

are you being serious anymore, or are you just looking for ways to complain about the new coach, so you will make any argument possible to try and confirm how bad he is?

TheReverend
05-10-2009, 07:50 AM
are you being serious anymore, or are you just looking for ways to complain about the new coach, so you will make any argument possible to try and confirm how bad he is?

Are you high? Read through the conversation and address whatever you disagree with, otherwise (in the words of the great watermock) "stfu dimwit"

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Are you high? Read through the conversation and address whatever you disagree with, otherwise (in the words of the great watermock) "stfu dimwit"

the way you try to put everything on the coach, as if it was his choice to trade cutler, and cutler had nothing to do with NOT being a bronco at this moment. you act like mcdaniels is trying to destroy the team when in fact this TEAM is much, much better than it was last year. cutler is not the entire team, get over him already

DenverBrit
05-10-2009, 08:50 AM
There's not one shred of evidence anywhere that Hillis will be traded.

Why all the speculation and drama??

Borks147
05-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Why all the speculation and drama??

hahaha come on, you've been here long enough to know that is this place's bread and butter.

DenverBrit
05-10-2009, 09:46 AM
hahaha come on, you've been here long enough to know that is this place's bread and butter.

LOL

Damn, no Sunday morning fun for me. I was just asking. :stirstir: :brokehalo

TheReverend
05-10-2009, 09:55 AM
the way you try to put everything on the coach, as if it was his choice to trade cutler, and cutler had nothing to do with NOT being a bronco at this moment. you act like mcdaniels is trying to destroy the team when in fact this TEAM is much, much better than it was last year. cutler is not the entire team, get over him already

Uhh