PDA

View Full Version : Quan Cosby's humiliation

Kaylore
05-08-2009, 11:11 AM
If anyone watched ESPN's coverage of the draft this year they probably saw Quan Cosby sitting with some info babe and Bill Cosby as a side story for a projected late round pick. They kept cutting back to this trio and Quan had to sit there and deal with Dr. Cosby's shenanigans. Well the poor kid went undrafted. Just a really humiliating thing to watch. He did get picked up by the Bengals, though.

montrose
05-08-2009, 11:16 AM
And yet Colin Cowherd was proclaiming this morning a "survey" that 90% of viewers preferred ESPN's draft coverage to NFL Network.

Kaylore
05-08-2009, 11:19 AM
And yet Colin Cowherd was proclaiming this morning a "survey" that 90% of viewers preferred ESPN's draft coverage to NFL Network.

What? Espn's was much better this year, but it wasn't that much better. I think even the biggest ESPN homers would agree that NFL Network has better analysts.

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 11:22 AM

Probably cause NFL played that ****ty goddamn song literally every 10 minutes. For an entire weekend.

footstepsfrom#27
05-08-2009, 11:25 AM
He was on that list of 28 we supposedly worked out. Wonder if they tried to sign him?

SonOfLe-loLang
05-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Watching Quan was so awkward. His body language said everything you need to know. He was crammed on that couch, leaning away from both the talking head and Bill. And he was watching Bill Cosby do interviews with a helmet on. You could tell he was thinking "this was a lot cooler in theory"

oubronco
05-08-2009, 11:30 AM
If anyone watched ESPN's coverage of the draft this year they probably saw Quan Cosby sitting with some info babe and Bill Cosby as a side story for a projected late round pick. They kept cutting back to this trio and Quan had to sit there and deal with Dr. Cosby's shenanigans. Well the poor kid went undrafted. Just a really humiliating thing to watch. He did get picked up by the Bengals, though.

I guess getting a paycheck is something but going to the Bungles vs. dealing with Cosby and going undrafted i don't know whats worse

Anaximines
05-08-2009, 11:52 AM
hey, Bill Cosby is a legend

bowtown
05-08-2009, 11:54 AM
He was on that list of 28 we supposedly worked out. Wonder if they tried to sign him?

I thought we only signed recruits we didn't look at. That's what Mock told me.

Rohirrim
05-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Anybody else think that Bill Cosby is becoming unbearable?

bowtown
05-08-2009, 12:01 PM

This needs its own thread.

Hotrod
05-08-2009, 12:06 PM

I'll say this much. Jello pudding pops suck

lex
05-08-2009, 12:06 PM

Was this a survey conducted by E!SPN? If so, that would be kind of like the poll questions they would run on Mike & Mike (which is on between 5 and 8 am ET). They run these polls at times when few in the west are up and about (at least compared to the east) and then use this to form an opinion as if this represents the population as a whole. The specific one I can think of was when SD had that home playoff loss vs New England a few years ago (the one where LT got upset after the game), and E!SPN asked who should just "shut up".

Br0nc0Buster
05-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah I saw that.
It was stupid
Bill wasnt funny, in fact I think he fell asleep a couple times

It was kind of like that Michigan State qb who they kept panning to
He never got drafted, but he was smiling with his girlfriend early in the 4th round and then at the end he was just sitting by himself all pissed off

Ambiguous
05-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Has Bill Cosby gone bat**** insane? I was wondering this when watching the draft.

So he invited this kid to watch the draft just because they have the same last name? I mean Cosby can't really be that uncommon.

Why the hell was he doing interviews with the helmet on? I only caught a piece of it and I was without audio, but what was up with that?

SonOfLe-loLang
05-08-2009, 12:19 PM

Yes. though i will say Robin WIlliams is ten times worse.

gyldenlove
05-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Being funny for guys is like being hot for girls, it has a definite shelf life.

s0phr0syne
05-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Being funny for guys is like being hot for girls, it has a definite shelf life.

haha, maybe I need to get out more, but first time I've heard that. I like it!

rovolution
05-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Has Bill Cosby gone bat**** insane? I was wondering this when watching the draft.

i dont think hes reached that Gary Busey level yet but hes getting there

BigPlayShay
05-08-2009, 01:09 PM

Yeah, ever since that whole "New Coke" thing when they changed the formula.

alkemical
05-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Yes. though i will say Robin WIlliams is ten times worse.

but he has acid as an excuse

sisterhellfyre
05-08-2009, 01:48 PM

And being signed by the Bengals relieved his humiliation, um, exactly how?

BroncoLifer
05-08-2009, 01:52 PM
If anyone watched ESPN's coverage of the draft this year they probably saw Quan Cosby sitting with some info babe and Bill Cosby as a side story for a projected late round pick.

Khan, that wasn't "some" info babe. It was THE sports info babe, Erin Andrews.

broncosteven
05-08-2009, 01:59 PM
It was real lame. I know they have time to fill but that was bad.

kamakazi_kal
05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I would think having the name QUAN would be enough humiliation.....that just sucks.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I would think having the name QUAN would be enough humiliation.....that just sucks.

You're my ambassador to Quan.