PDA

View Full Version : Crawdad's Sister Could Use Some Help

crawdad
05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
To my fellow Orangemane friends and tormentors:

My sister has hundreds of thousands of medical bills due to cancer and multiple surgeries. We are trying to arrange a trip to CA for my fathers 80th Birthday in June.

This may or may not be possible. but here goes.

I am asking if there is any posters here that have accumulated mileage toward airfare , whether it be Southwest, American, Continental, or Delta, could you donate some of the mileage to her so I can make this trip possible?

I have 12,000 Continental miles and it takes 25,000 for one person and we are trying to fly her grandson with her. I also have points with Southwest but those are non-transferrable.

I appreciate anything that you may be able to do.

I apologize for begging, but in the current state of the economy, I am unable to complete this task by myself.

My sincere thanks for putting up with me!

Mike

aka Crawdad

JCMElway
05-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Sorry, I have no miles. But good luck!

Hotrod
05-08-2009, 10:46 AM
If I had some they would be yours.

PaintballCLE
05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
To my fellow Orangemane friends and tormentors:

My sister has hundreds of thousands of medical bills due to cancer and multiple surgeries. We are trying to arrange a trip to CA for my fathers 80th Birthday in June.

This may or may not be possible. but here goes.

I am asking if there is any posters here that have accumulated mileage toward airfare , whether it be Southwest, American, Continental, or Delta, could you donate some of the mileage to her so I can make this trip possible?

I have 12,000 Continental miles and it takes 25,000 for one person and we are trying to fly her grandson with her. I also have points with Southwest but those are non-transferrable.

I appreciate anything that you may be able to do.

I apologize for begging, but in the current state of the economy, I am unable to complete this task by myself.

My sincere thanks for putting up with me!

Mike

aka Crawdad

the only ones i have some for is frontier.....but i dont think they are transferable. Good luck!

Taco John
05-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Do you have paypal? I don't have any airmiles, but I'd be willing to kick in for a plane ticket.

Meck77
05-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Do you have paypal? I don't have any airmiles, but I'd be willing to kick in for a plane ticket.

ditto

crawdad
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
That is kind of you Isaac and Steve, and we all appreciate it. I have PayPal and if you pm me I will send the email address!

Taco John
05-08-2009, 12:41 PM
That is kind of you Isaac and Steve, and we all appreciate it. I have PayPal and if you pm me I will send the email address!

Would you be comfortable with posting it here. I'd bet you'll find that OManers will be generous. This community has done some amazing things over the years.

bronclvr
05-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Please do-I'll contribute-

crawdad
05-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Would you be comfortable with posting it here. I'd bet you'll find that OManers will be generous. This community has done some amazing things over the years.

No problem, I just thought it wasn't something that you thought was appropriate.

My PayPal address is miker@greenvalleyinc.com

crawdad
05-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Hello my friends,

I received this PM and honestly had no idea that the airlines charged so much for a transfer.

"However, I have 8,000 on Continental and 13,000 on Delta that I could give you.

Problem is the transfer fee. For Continental...they would charge me $7.50 for each 500miles I transfer....which is $120 for the 8,000 miles.

Delta charges .01 plus $30 for their transfer for a whopping $160 for the 13,000 miles"

Wow,
That's incredible. I had no idea. They want alot to transfer miles. The travel dates are approximately June 23-30. My brother and I have been looking on every site available and the cheapest flights from STL to LAX are around $250 each. We are figuring about $300 each.

A couple of friends have chipped in some money on PayPal and it is probably easier to go that route.

I never realized how much they charge for a transfer and I was just making an effort to help her. I certainly did not intend to ask everyone for money.

Thanks for your support. They would be flying round trip from STL to LAX. They could also fly from BMI or PIA. Chicago is really not an option but could be.

Once again, from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate your support.

Times are tough for everyone right now but my sis had been dealt a really bad hand. We will play with the card that we have been dealt.

PaintballCLE
05-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Hello my friends,

I received this PM and honestly had no idea that the airlines charged so much for a transfer.

"However, I have 8,000 on Continental and 13,000 on Delta that I could give you.

Problem is the transfer fee. For Continental...they would charge me $7.50 for each 500miles I transfer....which is $120 for the 8,000 miles.

Delta charges .01 plus $30 for their transfer for a whopping $160 for the 13,000 miles"

Wow,
That's incredible. I had no idea. They want alot to transfer miles. The travel dates are approximately June 23-30. My brother and I have been looking on every site available and the cheapest flights from STL to LAX are around $250 each. We are figuring about $300 each.

A couple of friends have chipped in some money on PayPal and it is probably easier to go that route.

I never realized how much they charge for a transfer and I was just making an effort to help her. I certainly did not intend to ask everyone for money.

Thanks for your support. They would be flying round trip from STL to LAX. They could also fly from BMI or PIA. Chicago is really not an option but could be.

Once again, from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate your support.

Times are tough for everyone right now but my sis had been dealt a really bad hand. We will play with the card that we have been dealt.

don't know how flexible you are, but if they don't mind flying into orange county instead of LAX, american and delta are only $200 INCLUDING tax.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/airfare.jpg

crawdad
05-09-2009, 10:15 AM
SNA and ONT are possible alternatives but my brother lives close to LAX and its more convenient.

PaintballCLE
05-09-2009, 10:16 AM
SNA and ONT are possible alternatives but my brother lives close to LAX and its more convenient.

lax was 257 including tax on kayak

crawdad
05-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks IBOB, I am headed out to my grandsons BD party...10 YO. I will check back later.

cutthemdown
05-09-2009, 01:43 PM

Yeah me also. I'm good for 100 bucks.

cutthemdown
05-09-2009, 01:48 PM

After seeing the board help that Dad build a bike he could take his disabled son riding on I had seen enough. Despite the boards flaws some really special things have happened.

I kick in in for selfish reasons. It makes me feel good.

PaintballCLE
05-09-2009, 02:53 PM
paypal sent Mike, I know its not that much, but every little bit helps

Los Broncos
05-09-2009, 04:34 PM
No miles and no Paypal here but would be willing to send whatever I can for a ticket.

BABronco
05-09-2009, 04:42 PM
No miles, no paypal, no cash. I'd help ya but I'm a broke college student. Good luck.

crawdad
05-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks to everyone. I appreciate your kindness. We are looking at all of our options.

PaintballCLE
05-09-2009, 08:43 PM
No problem, I just thought it wasn't something that you thought was appropriate.

My PayPal address is miker@greenvalleyinc.com

your right, it might not be appropriate!
http://www.greenvalleyinc.net/

LOL Hilarious! LOL Hilarious! LOL Hilarious!

obviously just kidding

cutthemdown
05-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Ok 100 bucks sent. It's from me and all the brothers on the board who would send some if they could.

cutthemdown
05-09-2009, 10:58 PM

Also I am in LA, If someone needs a ride from the airport I could probably help you out with that. Also I am right by Long Beach airport, not too far from John Wayne in OC, and also only about 30 min from LAX.

Just let me know if you need some help.

Florida_Bronco
05-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Crawdad, I don't have Paypal but if you can PM me your mailing address I'll have something in the mail for you on Monday.

cutthemdown
05-10-2009, 12:10 AM
The generosity of people on the board always amazes me. Actually it inspires me to try and do more. I wonder what sort of stuff we could do if we were really organized?

Adopt some troops maybe? Damn who knows talk about a network that spans the whole country.

crawdad
05-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks for all your suggestions and your donations. I love you people! FB I sent you a PM.

Mike

Florida_Bronco
05-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Got your PM Crawdad. I'll mail off something first thing tommorrow morning.

crawdad
05-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks man!

summerdenver
05-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I have just sent $25 thru paypal. Best of luck.

crawdad
05-12-2009, 06:33 AM
I just want to say to all of you, whether it is kind words or a donation, that although most of you don't know me and I would like to meet you all, I appreciate your kindness in this matter and my sister will get to enjoy visiting with my Dad because you made it possible. We are still working on getting this done. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

GreatBronco16
05-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Hey Mike, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send what I can. I don't have paypal or anything like that. And tell me what would be easier for you, cashier check or money order.

crawdad
05-14-2009, 06:52 AM
Thanks alot!

chaz
05-14-2009, 12:46 PM
No miles, no paypal, no cash. I'd help ya but I'm a broke college student. Good luck.

Same here. Best wishes for your sister and family Mike.

wellwin
05-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Sorry, I can not afford to, I hope you have good luck!

GreatBronco16
05-16-2009, 09:40 AM
It's in the mail bro.

Sassy
05-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Did you get enough for the tickets Mike?

crawdad
05-21-2009, 06:49 AM
I received a total of $255 which is enough to pay for one ticket. We will figure out how to get the other one taken care of. The people here on the OrangeMane have been very helpful and I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. My sister has had a rough time lately and this sure releived some of her burden. Special thanks to all who donated and left kind words.

Florida_Bronco
05-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Crawdad, my apologies for not getting that out to you. I've been dealing with a sprained knee and it slipped my mind. I'll have it in the mail tomorrow though.

Again, sorry about that.

crawdad
05-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Not a problem man. I know exactly how you feel. I am dealing with all kinds of adversity right now. Thanks for thinking of us!