PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis Trade Value

Houshyamama
05-07-2009, 08:03 PM
How much he worth? Vote or Die

SouthStndJunkie
05-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Hillis is worth a lot more than we would get for him in a trade.

footstepsfrom#27
05-07-2009, 08:12 PM
It would be rank stupidity to trade Hillis.

Doggcow
05-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Potential and ability wise, I'd say a 2nd, maybe a 2nd and a player (If he was not caucasian). However, he is Caucasian, so I'd say a 3rd.

Popps
05-07-2009, 08:16 PM
9 first rounders.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-07-2009, 08:20 PM
9 first rounders.

here here...

Atwater His Ass
05-07-2009, 08:21 PM
He's not really worth anything. A 2nd year guy coming off an injury.

Lolad
05-07-2009, 08:22 PM
here here...

Knowing our coach he would trade him for a 7th in 2011

TheChamp24
05-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Really, he's worth like a 5th rounder at best right now.

Houshyamama
05-07-2009, 08:57 PM
9 first rounders.

:thumbsup:

I think it would be an awful idea to trade him as we'd get far less than he's worth. However, with all the ridiculous talk around here of him getting shipped out, I thought I'd take the board's temperature on his current trade value. Not what you think he's worth, but what we'd actually get in return.

Gcver2ver3
05-07-2009, 09:00 PM
what he's worth and what his market value is are two separate things...

but his trade value = 5th IMO...

gyldenlove
05-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Trade value is a 7th, he is young but is coming off injury, he is somewhat versatile but runningbacks coming out of Denver often fail to live up to their previous achievements.

Broncojef
05-07-2009, 09:29 PM
He's an excellent piece of the puzzle. Don't trade him...one of the very few bright spots outside Clady and Royal last year.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Get cozy with the idea of McD axing anyone with Shanahan ties... except for Clady and Harris. Personally, I'm going to be pissed when Hillis is sent packing. The inevitalbe showdown with Marshall is going to be epic.

BroncoBuff
05-07-2009, 10:17 PM

Exactly .... poll fails.

Paladin
05-07-2009, 10:26 PM

So. You know the Coach? Where did you meet him? How long did you talk? Did he invite you to sit down in his office? Gosh. That must have been a real experience. Tell us, did he tell you of his plans? Does he think he can beat Chokeland?

Anaximines
05-07-2009, 10:29 PM

Exactly.

cabronco
05-07-2009, 10:37 PM
9 first rounders.

Thats right and nothing less. Heck since he is Caucasian make it 10 !

Meck77
05-07-2009, 10:40 PM
We should call to inquire about a trade for Cutler. Maybe he'll throw another fit because the Bears answered the phone.

OrangeRising
05-07-2009, 11:10 PM

My sentiments exactly.

Probably doesn't fit 'the scheme'. Gale Sayers probably wouldn't fit 'the scheme'.

A mean 'scheme'. Very unforgiving.

Ambiguous
05-07-2009, 11:27 PM
It would be rank stupidity to trade Hillis.

It's the 2009 offseason, that makes it more likely to happen. ;)

The guy played his ass off for us last season, I would be so pissed to see him go.

cmhargrove
05-08-2009, 07:17 AM
This is supply and demand season.

If they want Hillis, they have to pay a third rounder. Otherwise, no deal.

I still wouldn't take it, but that's my best shot at "objectivity." We don't need to trade, they do. Third rounder or nothing.

Mogulseeker
05-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Hillis's vaule is only a 3rd, and that's if a team wants to take a chance on his potential. Personally, I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him.

I hope McD runs at least a few FB sets with Hillis, and maybe use him as a 3rd down back.

oubronco
05-08-2009, 07:59 AM
If McDipshyt trades Hillis it will be time for a mutiny

Rabb
05-08-2009, 08:12 AM
I refuse to vote, I am beating a cat to death right now just thinking of it

~Crash~
05-08-2009, 08:58 AM

DITTO

SonOfLe-loLang
05-08-2009, 09:29 AM

When did this assumption that we always get ripped off in trades happen? Did we not get perceived good value for Cutler?

Cito Pelon
05-08-2009, 09:32 AM

Oh Lord, here we go. Count on about 6-8 posters to say:

YEAH! Yeah! That's right, THAT'S RIGHT! ^^^^^! What he said!

AND THIS WILL BE JUST THE START!!! YOU JUST WAIT AND SEE HOW McSTUPIDHEAD WILL DESTROY THIS TEAM!!!

MARSHALL WILL BE NEXT, YOU WAIT AND SEE!!!! AND, AND, AND, THEN LARSEN!

THESE ARE SHANNY'S PLAYERS, THAT MEANS THEY'LL BE GONE!

MARK IT DOWN! MARK IT DOWN!

HILLIS WON'T BE TRADED, HE'LL BE CUT 'CAUSE McDOUCHEBAG IS TOO McIDIOT TO TRADE HIM!!!

AAAAAARGGHHH!! I COULD BUILD A LEGO TEAM BETTER THAN McDOODOOBREATH!!!

Cito Pelon
05-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Get cozy with the idea of McD axing anyone with Shanahan ties... except for Clady and Harris. Personally, I'm going to be pissed when Hillis is sent packing. The inevitalbe showdown with Marshall is going to be epic.

The momentum is building . . . . . .

kamakazi_kal
05-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I don't think Mcd would hold back if he was offered a 5th for him.

That being said, I hope he sticks around and gets in some games.

My thinking here is if he does well, they may show his hot sister in the stands more. You see me rollin?

kamakazi_kal
05-08-2009, 09:37 AM

AND THIS WILL BE JUST THE START!!! YOU JUST WAIT AND SEE HOW McSTUPIDHEAD WILL DESTROY THIS TEAM!!!

HILLIS WON'T BE TRADED, HE'LL BE CUT 'CAUSE McDOUCHEBAG IS TOO McIDIOT TO TRADE HIM!!!

HA HA HA now your one of the 6 - 8 people that has a complete meltdown when something not nice about the new regime is posted.

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Great thread. Im going to start a Spencer Larsen trade thread now! Thank you for the inspiration!

baja
05-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Let me put it this way I have been a big cD supporter from day one but if he were to be traded for a mid round pick I would be off the band wagon

Kaylore
05-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Let me put it this way I have been a big cD supporter from day one but if he were to be traded for a mid round pick I would be off the band wagon

He was a seventh round pick and if we flipped him for a second that would be awesome. I agree I think he's worth more as a player, but we don't use a lot of fullback in this offense.

The only player that they could trade that would "turn" me is Clady.

Raidersbane
05-08-2009, 11:13 AM
He was a seventh round pick and if we flipped him for a second that would be awesome. I agree I think he's worth more as a player, but we don't use a lot of fullback in this offense.

Trading Clady = Rioting Peasants with torches and pitchforks time.......

kamakazi_kal
05-08-2009, 11:25 AM
don't know, losing royal or marshall would hurt too.

footstepsfrom#27
05-08-2009, 11:32 AM
A second? Who know what we'd do with it?

Hillis proved he can carry the ball and he's got great hands. Why would he not be worth keeping on that basis alone? Or do we want to see Moreno carry it 25 times a game? I think the guy's to versitile to trade and he brings a power running game Moreno doesn't. It would be folly to trade this guy.

I think we'll get a 5th.

Gcver2ver3
05-08-2009, 11:33 AM

...:rofl: ...LOL

oubronco
05-08-2009, 11:34 AM
When did this assumption that we always get ripped off in trades happen? Did we not get perceived good value for Cutler?

Not now

oubronco
05-08-2009, 11:35 AM

Dude could you use a Valium

Mogulseeker
05-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Great thread. Im going to start a Spencer Larsen trade thread now! Thank you for the inspiration!

While we're at it, go ahead and trade Woodyard.

OBF1
05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
A solid 6th rounder.

footstepsfrom#27
05-08-2009, 01:15 PM
While we're at it, go ahead and trade Woodyard.
These young guys are worth more to us than we'd get in return. Some talent was added the last two years. We'll see pretty soon if it's retained or dumped overboard.

Mogulseeker
05-08-2009, 01:20 PM
I was kidding

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 01:24 PM
lolz.
I believe he was helping me illustrate how completely stupid this thread is.

footstepsfrom#27
05-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I was kidding
No kidding...

Houshyamama
05-08-2009, 02:29 PM
lolz.
I believe he was helping me illustrate how completely stupid this thread is.

It's a hypothetical, don't get your panties in a bunch

elpasojoe
05-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I also refuse to vote. I don't want to hear any more talk about trading him. I want to talk about he and Knowshon being the first tandem in how many ?years to both get 1,000 yards.

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2009, 03:57 PM
It's a hypothetical, don't get your panties in a bunch

My panties a fresh off the ironing board.
How could this thread not be hypothetical?
ROFL!

baja
05-08-2009, 09:37 PM

Well a second round pick is very different than a mid round pick, I would understand the trade for a second round pick but I still would rather have Hillis.

BroncoBuff
05-08-2009, 10:41 PM
As a duo, Moreno and Hillis have a limitless ceiling ... the potential to develop into the best 1-02 duo in the league. Same with B-Marsh and Royal.

Florida_Bronco
05-08-2009, 11:00 PM
As a duo, Moreno and Hillis have a limitless ceiling ... the potential to develop into the best 1-02 duo in the league. Same with B-Marsh and Royal.

Agree. With the versatility Hillis has and the way he proved he could carry the ball last year, he will have a spot on this team. I don't think we should pigeon hole him as a fullback, because I think he will transition to a single back tailback and occasional fullback.

Houshyamama
05-08-2009, 11:36 PM

I agree personally. After watching him play last year there's no way in hell I'd trade him. Special player.

BroncoBuff
05-08-2009, 11:58 PM
I agree personally. After watching him play last year there's no way in hell I'd trade him. Special player.

Exactly ... as has been said, Peyton's ceiling is so sky-high, he is worth mega-tons more than we could ever dream of getting in return in trade. Woodyard is a similar story ... maybe not a prototypical 3-4 linebacker, but way too good a football player with WAY too big an upside to trade for some second-day pick.

BroncoBuff
05-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Agree. With the versatility Hillis has and the way he proved he could carry the ball last year, he will have a spot on this team. I don't think we should pigeon hole him as a fullback, because I think he will transition to a single back tailback and occasional fullback.

I thought he could be the starter, absolutely, with Buckhalter/Torain as 3rd down and short-yardage guys. I love Hillis's vision, he's almost never stopped for a loss or a no-gainer. He seems to spot the hole before he even takes the handoff.

If there's any downside to Knowshon - although it's hard to imagine one - it's that Hillis might see the field less :(

Florida_Bronco
05-09-2009, 12:02 AM
I thought he could be the starter, absolutely, with Buckhalter/Torain as 3rd down and short-yardage guys. I love Hillis's vision, he's almost never stopped for a loss or a no-gainer. He seems to spot the hole before he even takes the handoff.

If there's any downside to Knowshon - although it's hard to imagine one - it's that Hillis might see the field less :(

I actually think Hillis will have a bigger role in McD's offense then he would have with Shanny still around.

ZONA
05-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Hillis has a few things going against him right now.

1) Coming off the sever injury
2) He's white and big and plays FB/RB. You don't see many of those so he is going to get the Alstott comparisons from the get go.

Let's hope McD doesn't just see it that way also. This guy has the power of an Alstott but alot more skills and speed.

I'm confident that if he isn't dealt before camp, he will prove to the new coaches that he's not only a lagit runner, he will be 2nd RB on the depth chart.

I'm pretty sure that Turner has told McD this guy is special and that's why I think all this trade talk is hype only. I believe he is sticking around and will play an important part this season.

..........and why would a coach want to trade a very productive versatile player that is making 7th round coin. It doesn't. This trade talk is hype only.

Archer81
05-09-2009, 03:26 AM
0. He is a horrible back, and in fact is better off staying on the roster...

:Broncos:

Rabb
05-09-2009, 08:29 AM

it may be a good thing to limit his carries actually, a guy that goes that hard every play cannot sustain the normal amount of carries (just my opinion) to be a starter but if you bring him in situationally (I don't think this is a word but I am rolling with it), you know you are still getting 150% and he is rested/healthy.

All I know is if Moreno is as good as he looks like he can be, this would be a running game from hell to try and game plan against.

lazarus4444
05-09-2009, 05:54 PM

Hillis is an unselfish player who is a professional and a hard worker. Therefore, our coach will not trade him because of his work habits and off field habits.

peacepipe
05-09-2009, 07:55 PM
I wander what all the people who think Hillis is a 6th or better have been smoking. Isure as hell would like some of that.

~Crash~
05-09-2009, 10:46 PM

**** no we did not get good value! my god what DID we gave up for the chance to draft him and the seasons to get him up to speed . god you are nuts if you think throwing away 3 seasons to get this guy to pro bowl form to trade him for nothing you really are joking right? **** this has to be a ****ing joke right ?

Atwater His Ass
05-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Hillis is an unselfish player who is a professional and a hard worker. Therefore, our coach will not trade him because of his work habits and off field habits.

Until he remembers that Shanahan drafted him.

And you can never get good value for a franchise 3rd year QB just coming into his prime. It's the single hardest to fill spot for any team, and most never get one for decades. You cannot put a price on it.

~Crash~
05-09-2009, 10:47 PM
what $3oo mill TO GET THAT ****TY ASS DRAFT OH MYYYYYYYY GOD...

Archer81
05-09-2009, 10:49 PM
**** no we did not get good value! my god what we gave up for the chance to draft him and the seasons to get him up to speed . god you are nuts if you think throwing away 3 seasons to get this guy to pro bowl form to trade him for nothing you really are joking right? **** this has to be a ****ing joke right ?

Breathe frog.

~Crash~
05-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Breathe frog.

:sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:

Broncoman13
05-10-2009, 08:17 AM
A 245lb RB that can play FB, RB, or H-Back. He has receivers hands, RB's speed, and FB's strength/power. He can play any number of positions including leading the wedge on kick returns... if not returning the ball himself. Not sure anybody could or would give us what he is worth, but he's better than most of the FBs drafted over the last several years b/c of his versatility. What was the Rutger's kid that was drafted in the 2nd round a couple years ago by the Rams?... Hillis is certainly better than him.

~Crash~
05-10-2009, 06:35 PM
A 245lb RB that can play FB, RB, or H-Back. He has receivers hands, RB's speed, and FB's strength/power. He can play any number of positions including leading the wedge on kick returns... if not returning the ball himself. Not sure anybody could or would give us what he is worth, but he's better than most of the FBs drafted over the last several years b/c of his versatility. What was the Rutger's kid that was drafted in the 2nd round a couple years ago by the Rams?... Hillis is certainly better than him.

that guy was cut.

Hillis is worth a 1st rounder but that is a joke we would be lucky to get a 7th rounder for him....

Hillis is the best I have ever seen on 3rd down he almost always gets a first down ! He is a chain mover .

Our New coach is just brilliant enough to cut him .

TexanBob
05-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Seriously? A 7th if anything. What intangible values he might have are not worth giving up draft picks for, at least the way most teams would see it.

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 09:52 PM
That all sounds great...only one problem; he unfortunately is going to be replaced on a significant number of downs by a blocking TE who essentially does only one thing...and no he won't give us what Hillis is worth...not as a complete player. How cool would it be to see Hillis on the field with Moreno and switching from FB/HB to H-Back to TE...thus offering a triple threat instead of a one dimensional game? He seems like the perfect complement. I hope he gets the chance to show what he can do.

anton
05-11-2009, 12:15 AM
where did the trade hillis rumors come from? Did they originate from fans or was there something else that led people to believe he was on the block?

SureShot
05-11-2009, 12:26 AM
A run blocking TE/G...err I mean a second round pick.

footstepsfrom#27
05-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Hillis would make an ideal TE in this system or any other. Or he could play H-back. What's not to like? He's got size, speed, toughness, and exceptional hands. He's an extremely hard worker and while he might need time to develop into a top flight in-line blocker from that position, having watched this guy carry the ball when he came in as a rookie who was expected to simply block and catch once in a while...well who believes he wouldn't pick that up too? This guy could literally play 4 positions on offense and never come off the field. He could give us the flexibility of switching the formation on any given down in the huddle or at the LOS from a 2 back offense to one RB offense with an H-back or an extra TE, or back again the other way. We could even flank Moreno as a receiver and drop HIllis into the RB spot. We could split Scheffler out as a slot receiver and let Hillis line up in his spot. There' literally no other guy on this offense that offers this kind of versitility and flexibility, which would make him a truely dangerous weapon. That's what makes the Quinn selection so odd IMO. On top of everything else, he's undoubtedly the best inside power runner we have.