PDA

View Full Version : Best thing I read today...

bpc
05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Rick Reilly's blog...

LAST UPDATED 04.30.09
"How arrogant can Josh McDaniels be?"

The Denver Broncos' 33-year-old Boy Blunder boasted this week that his draft board had fewer than 100 names on it, which made it easy for him to make his picks. Less than a hundred names when 256 players were drafted? Most boards had 500-plus names on them! Furthermore, he said the Broncos had worked out nearly 30 players and all 10 of his choices were among those 30. In other words, "I'm not capable of making a mistake. If I didn't work the guy out, the guy wasn't good enough. Period." This is the same genius who traded one of Denver's first-round choices in 2010 to move up in the second round to take a 5'9'' defensive back—Alphonso Smith. To repeat: Boy Blunder used a first to take a second. And if the Broncos are going to be as lame as I think they're going to be—4-12 perhaps—that first-round pick will be very high. McDaniels is the worst combination of things: Terribly naïve and doubly confident. Bronco fans, you're screwed.

Nothing new here folks. McNugget walks to the beat of his own drum. He doesn't need a franchise type QB with a rocket arm and he definitely doesn't need 500 names on his draft board because you know.. once again, he's just so much smarter than all those experts his senior.

LMAO. I have my fingers crossed and i'm hoping for the best. :thumbsup:

crush17
05-07-2009, 05:01 PM
hey great thread.
hit the showers.

Flex Gunmetal
05-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Coulda read it here last week.
Reposts definitely boost your credibility in the CutlervMcdaniels debate.

Tripucka 2 Taylor
05-07-2009, 05:05 PM
hey great thread.
hit the showers.

don't be talking **** to bpc

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cROJW9Jn3ds&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cROJW9Jn3ds&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Flex Gunmetal
05-07-2009, 05:08 PM
I paid a worker at New York's zoo to re-open it just for me and Robin. When we got to the gorilla cage there was 1 big silverback gorilla there just bullying all the other gorillas. They were so powerful but their eyes were like an innocent infant. I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let me smash that silverback's snotbox. He declined.

MagicHef
05-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Why do I never hear anything about the Panthers trading their 1st next year for a 2nd this year?

prunch
05-07-2009, 05:18 PM
and how many drafts has rick reilly run? ... probably a lot considering how certain he is of himself.

Chris
05-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Worst thread i read all day...

boring.

Paladin
05-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Well, shows you how much Reiley knows.....

Kaylore
05-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Why do I never hear anything about the Panthers trading their 1st next year for a 2nd this year?

Because **** McDaniels!!1117188213098kjedfjoasejfjhnwaefnwea!!!

colonelbeef
05-07-2009, 05:37 PM

Probably because this is a Denver Broncos board. Idiocy is not contained to one franchise.

Popps
05-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Chris, this is the "best" thing you've read?

Someone ripping the Broncos organization?

Wow.

Maybe read more?

DenverBrit
05-07-2009, 06:43 PM
So desperate to find a negative about the Broncos organization....McDaniels.....that you re-post old news?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80283

BroncoBuff
05-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Rick Reilly's blog...

LAST UPDATED 04.30.09
"How arrogant can Josh McDaniels be?"

LMAO. I have my fingers crossed and i'm hoping for the best. :thumbsup:

Part of Reilly's hate for McD might be John Elway-influenced. They are friends, and very recently Reilly did a one-hour "coming home" program with Elway back at his high school in L.A. You get the feeling he wouldn't be so easy with his poison-pen hating on McD if Elway hadn't chimed in to some extent.

A lot of what O'Reilly's been saying is true of course, but the anger and hating show through so much, it kinda spoils the substance. Kinda like the opposite of the sycophantic McD pandering of Popps ;D

Weird kinda draft list comparison ... but I got a LOT better at Fantasy baseball and football when I started to trim my lists of pre-draft playersrankings way down, Dramatically down. I finished 2nd in the 20-team Denver media baseball league in 1987, and pre-draft I had ranked just 6-7 position players, maybe 20 each outfielders and starting pitchers, and just 5 or 6 relievers.

Tombstone RJ
05-07-2009, 08:51 PM
So desperate to find a negative about the Broncos organization....McDaniels.....that you re-post old news?

Thank you DenverBrit, I was gonna hunt this thread down and show it to bpc but you beat me to it...

Thanks for all that negativity bpc, has anyone told you how swell you are?

Br0nc0Buster
05-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Another thread bashing our coach, and it is actually a repeat of an article that was already posted

How original....

jhat01
05-07-2009, 09:06 PM
It smells like **** in here

listopencil
05-07-2009, 09:06 PM
So who won that whole Civil War thing? I had money on North.

Inkana7
05-07-2009, 09:10 PM

Naw dude, the South's got swagger.

Shoemaker
05-07-2009, 09:14 PM

Wait, what's this about a "Civil War?"

I thought we were fighting the British!

Things happen way too fast.

lex
05-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Wait, what's this about a "Civil War?"

I thought we were fighting the British!

Things happen way too fast.

Not the British but the English...more specifically the New English. Pat sold us out.

Tombstone RJ
05-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Nah, we're not fighting the British, we're still getting over the whole world is round thingy... it's not round I'm telling ya, it's flat!

bpc
05-07-2009, 11:39 PM

Because they have some sort of successful track record?

Bob's your Information Minister
05-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Mangina 2.0. Calling it now.

bpc
05-07-2009, 11:44 PM

Desperate? Pick any week out of the past 6 months and you'll find a handle of stupid events that have transpired.

bpc
05-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Part of Reilly's hate for McD might be John Elway-influenced. They are friends, and very recently Reilly did a one-hour "coming home" program with Elway back at his high school in L.A. You get the feeling he wouldn't be so easy with his poison-pen hating on McD if Elway hadn't chimed in to some extent.

A lot of what O'Reilly's been saying is true of course, but the anger and hating show through so much, it kinda spoils the substance. Kinda like the opposite of the sycophantic McD pandering of Popps ;D

Weird kinda draft list comparison ... but I got a LOT better at Fantasy baseball and football when I started to trim my lists of pre-draft playersrankings way down, Dramatically down. I finished 2nd in the 20-team Denver media baseball league in 1987, and pre-draft I had ranked just 6-7 position players, maybe 20 each outfielders and starting pitchers, and just 5 or 6 relievers.

Okay, couple things:

The sad thing is that you are comparing McDaniels actions to yours while you're partaking in a fantasy baseball draft. I fear the similarities are actually WAY too close for comfort. No disrespect meant to your fantasy baseball drafting ability.

I also think you are on to something with Elway's thoughts... but don't tell the rest of this forum that because they'll start going after the duke, throwing his 3 super bowl losses in his face and claiming that Montana was the better QB vs him... they seem to turn on their own if provoked or if the new communist regime is questioned.

AZBroncomaniac
05-08-2009, 12:16 AM
I paid a worker at New York's zoo to re-open it just for me and Robin. When we got to the gorilla cage there was 1 big silverback gorilla there just bullying all the other gorillas. They were so powerful but their eyes were like an innocent infant. I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let me smash that silverback's snotbox. He declined.

I don't know why this is so funny, but it sure as hell is!!!