PDA

View Full Version : John Lynch impressed by Broncos moves

HEAV
05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
John Lynch, who briefly played in the New England Patriots' training camp after being released from the Broncos last summer, is in support of new Denver coach Josh McDaniels, the former Patriots coordinator, and is a big fan of new safety Brian Dawkins.

Lynch assessed the Broncos' busy and controversial offseason Thursday while wrapping up the 11th annual John Lynch Foundation "Salute the Stars" awards luncheon at Invesco Field at Mile High.

"I think the plan is starting to show itself," Lynch said. "For a long time, there hasn't been change here, and then all of a sudden there is a lot of change. And then people felt like they weren't addressing the things that need attention the defense. They were tinkering with the offense, and ultimately we lost our quarterback, who was a stud. I have mixed feelings on that.

"But I like the fact that they're going after character players, guys that love football. That excites me."

Lynch, who will begin working as an NFL analyst on Fox next season, wouldn't elaborate on Denver's decision to trade quarterback Jay Cutler to Chicago. But during his opening comments to the outstanding local junior-high and high-school student-athletes he was honoring, Lynch said. "It all culminated when our quarterback didn't return calls from the owner. That's not the best idea for you young kids out there. You work for someone, you call them back."

Later during an interview, Lynch said he likes the way McDaniels has brought the "Patriot Way" to Denver, signing "character" players like Dawkins, the hard-hitting defensive leader from Philadelphia.

"I'm very fond of the way they do things in New England. That's why I went there, and I wouldn't have played anywhere else," Lynch said. "I went there for the opportunity to play for that organization, and I had an opportunity to be around Josh McDaniels and was thoroughly impressed.

"Believe me, you don't get to that position in that organization without the respect of a guy that's hard to earn respect of, and that's Bill Belichick. I think (McDaniels) is going to do some outstanding things."

About Dawkins, Lynch said: "Brian Dawkins is one of my good friends who I've had as much respect for as anyone, and getting him makes me really happy," Lynch said. "I think that defense has been missing (leadership). The best teams have multiple leaders, and you've lost Al Wilson and the void of myself, and they needed someone to come in and help guys like Champ (Bailey) and D.J. (Williams). I think (Dawkins) is one of the best that this league has seen and I'm excited to watch him play."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12318476

PRBronco
05-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Interesting that he uses "we" and "our".

goldengopher1976
05-07-2009, 04:11 PM

The exact same thing jumped out to me. I would have thought he would consider himself a Buccaneer more than a Bronco. Nice to see his time in Denver was so formative.

2KBack
05-07-2009, 04:16 PM
he uses it the same way we do. Despite the teams he played on, he was a bronco fan before he got to the NFL.

OrangeDoofus
05-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Well for all we know maybe he also talks that way about the Buccaneers. Either way, it's cool that he speaks that way about the Broncos. Not hard to understand why he was a fan favorite with both teams.

DenverBrit
05-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Lynch obviously hasn't been reading the Mane.
Doesn't he know that McDaniels is a poopyhead and his offseason moves haven't helped the team so much as set it back decades? Ha!

Houshyamama
05-07-2009, 04:26 PM
The exact same thing jumped out to me. I would have thought he would consider himself a Buccaneer more than a Bronco. Nice to see his time in Denver was so formative.

but also:

Lynch assessed the Broncos' busy and controversial offseason Thursday while wrapping up the 11th annual John Lynch Foundation "Salute the Stars" awards luncheon at Invesco Field at Mile High.

orangeatheist
05-07-2009, 04:32 PM

That was me.

I ran into him a couple of years ago when his daughter and mine were together performing in a ballet recital. I went over to him, whispered I didn't want to cause a scene and bug him but wanted to shake his hand and tell him how much I liked his contribution to the Broncos. He smiled warmly at me, shook my hand and said, "Thanks!"

I think that was the moment he became a Bronco and forgot about the Buccs.

Yep. It was me. :approve:

goldengopher1976
05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
That was me.

I ran into him a couple of years ago when his daughter and mine were together performing in a ballet recital. I went over to him, whispered I didn't want to cause a scene and bug him but wanted to shake his hand and tell him how much I liked his contribution to the Broncos. He smiled warmly at me, shook my hand and said, "Thanks!"

Thank you. :bronxrox:

Kaylore
05-07-2009, 04:41 PM
That was me.

That's awesome. I bet he gives you a whole chapter in his memoirs.

orangeatheist
05-07-2009, 04:44 PM
That's awesome. I bet he gives you a whole chapter in his memoirs.

Don't tell anyone else but rumor has it he's going to ask me to write the entire Forward! How's that? Damn cool, huh?

Oh, and not one mention of the Buccs in his book, either. I totally wiped them out. As if that stint of his career never happened. :~ohyah!:

Popps
05-07-2009, 05:46 PM

He was a great Bronco and you got the feeling he genuinely loved playing for and living in the community.

Hamrob
05-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Of course he thought trading Cutler was assinine...anyone that knows anything about football knows that!

Archer81
05-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Of course he thought trading Cutler was assinine...anyone that knows anything about football knows that!

He qualified it by saying Jay should have called Pat back...

:Broncos:

gyldenlove
05-07-2009, 06:12 PM
He was a great Bronco and you got the feeling he genuinely loved playing for and living in the community.

Lynch is easily one of the greatest to play the game, there have been better players than him, but few better people.

loborugger
05-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Lynch is a bright and well spoken guy. I wonder how long before he finds himself in a booth?

Dedhed
05-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Lynch is a bright and well spoken guy. I wonder how long before he finds himself in a booth?

Just a guess, but judging from the part of the article that said he'll be working as an analyst for FOX this season, I'd guess late August or thereabouts.

montrose
05-07-2009, 07:24 PM
What the %$@ does Lynch know? Doesn't he read the Mane?

cutthemdown
05-07-2009, 07:29 PM
He's a safety of course he likes the moves!!!!!

HEAV
05-07-2009, 07:31 PM

I also thought that was really cool. Seem Denver had an lasting effect on him.

Makes one wonder if he get's into the hall would he go Bronco?

cutthemdown
05-07-2009, 07:35 PM
I also thought that was really cool. Seem Denver had an lasting effect on him.

Makes one wonder if he get's into the hall would he go Bronco?

I would hope he goes in as a BUC. I think fans deserve that in Tampa because the supported him even after he left. You still heard them say great things about him. When I picture Lynch I picture him a Tampa Bay Buccaneer. He should go in as such.

Now I would expect him to mention the Broncos at his speech and give us fans a little something also.

Sassy
05-07-2009, 07:36 PM
That's my "hubby" :devil:

TheReverend
05-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Don't tell anyone else but rumor has it he's going to ask me to write the entire Forward! How's that? Damn cool, huh?

Oh, and not one mention of the Buccs in his book, either. I totally wiped them out. As if that stint of his career never happened. :~ohyah!:

Awesome news. Any rumors on who will write the entire foreword though?

Florida_Bronco
05-07-2009, 08:00 PM

Too bad he catches crap from so many uneducated fans after the way he left.

broncosteven
05-07-2009, 08:01 PM
... Lynch said. "It all culminated when our quarterback didn't return calls from the owner. That's not the best idea for you young kids out there. You work for someone, you call them back."

This is what chaps my ass about those that call Cutler a Crybaby.

It is OK for Lynch, a guy who called himself a teamleader and role model, to be upset about his role being diminished and ask for a trade. Then when a younger player follows his lead the next year he is called a crybaby when he is lied to.

WTF?

A Classy Bronco?

He was at the end of his career, he should have accepted his role rather than leave a huge hole at the safety position for last year. He left his teammates out to dry but it is ok because he is full of class and a leader?

How can the younger players learn to accept their roll when 9 time probowlers get bent and ask for, and get, a trade?

He should shut his trap and go back to Tampa, he wanted out when he didn't like the situation. Why critique another player for doing the same thing?

Maybe if he lead by example better and accepted his role Cutler would have noticed a 9 time probowler actions and made a better choice when the call came in.

Lynch is a two faced lying sack of sheet.

TonyR
05-07-2009, 08:32 PM
This is what chaps my ass about those that call Cutler a Crybaby.

It is OK for Lynch, a guy who called himself a teamleader and role model, to be upset about his role being diminished and ask for a trade. Then when a younger player follows his lead the next year he is called a crybaby when he is lied to.

The situations couldn't be more dissimilar. And Lynch wasn't traded, he was released.

DenverBrit
05-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Lynch is a two faced lying sack of sheet.

???

barryr
05-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Um, Lynch wanted to be released because he wanted to play every down and hoped to find a team that would want him doing that too. The Broncos only wanted him as a part-time player, so losing a part-time player I'd hardly call "creating a huge hole in the defense." Of course the safeties the Broncos chose to play with over Lynch was hardly impressive.

alkemical
05-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Um, Lynch wanted to be released because he wanted to play every down and hoped to find a team that would want him doing that too. The Broncos only wanted him as a part-time player, so losing a part-time player I'd hardly call "creating a huge hole in the defense." Of course the safeties the Broncos chose to play with over Lynch was hardly impressive.

and, he couldn't even get beyond a PT role with the pats...

supermanhr9
05-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Lynch is the man, if we said fire Mcdaniels I'd be on board, if he said sign jeff george to a multi year deal, I'd be on board, if he said he wants to play QB, I'd stand outside of Dove valley with a sign protesting to give him a chance to take some snaps. Yup, he's the man.

alkemical
05-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks hank

barryr
05-08-2009, 08:10 AM
and, he couldn't even get beyond a PT role with the pats...

And he decided to retire, so I don't see the big deal or why people want to say bad things about him. After his serious neck injury in Tampa, he was fortunate he was able to keep playing, much less at a high level.

alkemical
05-08-2009, 08:23 AM
And he decided to retire, so I don't see the big deal or why people want to say bad things about him. After his serious neck injury in Tampa, he was fortunate he was able to keep playing, much less at a high level.

Yeah, i got no beef with him. The way he left was a bit whiny - but that's how it is sometimes.

loborugger
05-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Just a guess, but judging from the part of the article that said he'll be working as an analyst for FOX this season, I'd guess late August or thereabouts.

Analyst doesnt mean he's in the booth.

~Crash~
05-08-2009, 08:44 AM
I would be impressed if only we add one more RB .

tsiguy96
05-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Yeah, i got no beef with him. The way he left was a bit whiny - but that's how it is sometimes.

very few players just "ride off into the sunset" anymore...most find a few extra teams like him....

and he never requested a trade or release publicly, he was told behind the scenes he was gonna have a diminished value and asked if they would release him so he can find a full time gig and they did out of respect. he was 100% professional about it

alkemical
05-08-2009, 08:52 AM
very few players just "ride off into the sunset" anymore...most find a few extra teams like him....

and he never requested a trade or release publicly, he was told behind the scenes he was gonna have a diminished value and asked if they would release him so he can find a full time gig and they did out of respect. he was 100% professional about it

No, he was a little douchey. But he didn't want to hear the truth, and when he went to NE, it confirmed it for him.

tsiguy96
05-08-2009, 08:53 AM
No, he was a little douchey. But he didn't want to hear the truth, and when he went to NE, it confirmed it for him.

he was "douchey"?

really?

wow. you just called john lynch douchey for privately requesting his release after he found out he woudlnt get playing time.

alkemical
05-08-2009, 09:03 AM
he was "douchey"?

really?

wow. you just called john lynch douchey for privately requesting his release after he found out he woudlnt get playing time.

Ya, the comments he made seemed a little douchey.

TonyR
05-08-2009, 09:11 AM

Let's just all agree that he wasn't nearly as "douchey" as Jay Cutler and leave it at that.

tsiguy96
05-08-2009, 09:14 AM

god forbid someone show support for the head coach for doing whats best for the team...

Meck77
05-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Lynch had an ax to grind with Shanny. No secret he didn't care for Cutler either. He's in the Plummer camp. Glad to see those guys gone.

broncswin
05-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Wow, you stay classy BroncoStevo!! How you can even compare the two situations is beyond me, Lynch was an upstanding and outstanding citizen of the game for many years. He didn't request a trade, or not call Mr. Bowlen like that other "player" you are referring to. Instead he asked to be released in hopes of finding a fit with another team, where he could play all downs, he wasn't going to start for us, so I don't really see what big void you are speaking of!!

Cutler on the other hand has very few years in the game and never really earned respect of other players. Then he pulls a sissy as$ move and doesn't return a phone call(he said he never recieved LMAO). He request a trade immediately---now in my opinion that is what you call hanging your teammates out to dry and leaving a big void!!

I never have nor will say Cutler is totally to blame, but if he were half the person or player Lynch was this whole situation would have motivated him and he would be playin his a$$ off this year for the broncos!

alkemical
05-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Let's just all agree that he wasn't nearly as "douchey" as Jay Cutler and leave it at that.

No doubt, but i keep forgetting - i can't have my own opinion on the OM.

broncswin
05-08-2009, 09:29 AM

Then why do you keep stating it :thanku:

alkemical
05-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Then why do you keep stating it :thanku:

I call it like i see it.

broncswin
05-08-2009, 09:35 AM
I call it like i see it.

I hear ya man, thats why I love the mane :twokisses

55CrushEm
05-08-2009, 09:36 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bob's your Information Minister
05-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Mostly he's probably impressed the Broncos aren't calling him and pleading for his 4.9 speed anymore.

broncosteven
05-08-2009, 02:03 PM
he was "douchey"?

really?

I am pretty sure he asked to be traded 1st then they granted a release.

He acted like a bitch when he found out his role was going to be reduced.

Either way he set a precedent for the rest of the team. If they feel slighted in anyway ask for a trade/release.

broncosteven
05-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Wow, you stay classy BroncoStevo!! How you can even compare the two situations is beyond me, Lynch was an upstanding and outstanding citizen of the game for many years. He didn't request a trade, or not call Mr. Bowlen like that other "player" you are referring to. Instead he asked to be released in hopes of finding a fit with another team, where he could play all downs, he wasn't going to start for us, so I don't really see what big void you are speaking of!!

Cutler on the other hand has very few years in the game and never really earned respect of other players. Then he pulls a sissy as$ move and doesn't return a phone call(he said he never recieved LMAO). He request a trade immediately---now in my opinion that is what you call hanging your teammates out to dry and leaving a big void!!

I never have nor will say Cutler is totally to blame, but if he were half the person or player Lynch was this whole situation would have motivated him and he would be playin his a$$ off this year for the broncos!

So it is ok for an aged vet at the end of his career to go out like a bitch but not ok for a 3 year player? Is that in the Union bylaws?

You don't get my point. If the 9 time probowler accepts his reduced role on the team and doesn't ask for a trade or his release maybe the younger guys on the team don't do the same bitch moves when they feel they have been slighted.

Lynch is worse for not accepting his role on the team and leaving the D with no vialble backup or depth at safety. Cuter was lied to and acted the same way he learned to act from the older vets.

Lynch is allowed to be a punk but Cutler is a baby? I don't get it.

DenverBrit
05-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I am pretty sure he asked to be traded 1st then they granted a release.

He acted like a b**** when he found out his role was going to be reduced.

Either way he set a precedent for the rest of the team. If they feel slighted in anyway ask for a trade/release.

That explains Cutler's hissy fit? Dammit, Lynch, see how you are? ;D

Northman
05-08-2009, 02:28 PM

Yep.

Drek
05-08-2009, 03:55 PM
So it is ok for an aged vet at the end of his career to go out like a b**** but not ok for a 3 year player? Is that in the Union bylaws?

You don't get my point. If the 9 time probowler accepts his reduced role on the team and doesn't ask for a trade or his release maybe the younger guys on the team don't do the same b**** moves when they feel they have been slighted.

Lynch is worse for not accepting his role on the team and leaving the D with no vialble backup or depth at safety. Cuter was lied to and acted the same way he learned to act from the older vets.

Its an entirely different situation. Lynch was basically told "John, you can't really cut it anymore, Marlon McCree and Marquand Manuel are better than you, so we want you to play infrequently in run stuffing situations and otherwise just be a mentor".

This was said to a guy who had already been contemplating retirement.

Is it really surprising that his response was "well I disagree and I'd like to see if I can find a starting job"?

He retired when the Pats dropped him, most likely because that was the final message that proved to him he could no longer be a starter on a playoff caliber team.

Cutler on the other hand wasn't even willing to have a dialogue with anyone in the organization after he felt "slighted", even though he wasn't traded and no one was brought in to even compete with him for the job.

cutthemdown
05-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Its an entirely different situation. Lynch was basically told "John, you can't really cut it anymore, Marlon McCree and Marquand Manuel are better than you, so we want you to play infrequently in run stuffing situations and otherwise just be a mentor".

This was said to a guy who had already been contemplating retirement.

Is it really surprising that his response was "well I disagree and I'd like to see if I can find a starting job"?

He retired when the Pats dropped him, most likely because that was the final message that proved to him he could no longer be a starter on a playoff caliber team.

Cutler on the other hand wasn't even willing to have a dialogue with anyone in the organization after he felt "slighted", even though he wasn't traded and no one was brought in to even compete with him for the job.

That sums up why the whole defensive staff and the head coach, and the GM were all fired. They actually thought McCree and Manual better then anybody. Turns out they were worst in the history of the NFL. Both played so poorly you won't ever see them start in the NFL again. In fact they may not be good enough to even get 3rd string.

Inkana7
05-08-2009, 04:26 PM
So it is ok for an aged vet at the end of his career to go out like a b**** but not ok for a 3 year player? Is that in the Union bylaws?

You don't get my point. If the 9 time probowler accepts his reduced role on the team and doesn't ask for a trade or his release maybe the younger guys on the team don't do the same b**** moves when they feel they have been slighted.

Show me where Lynch whined and pissed and moaned?

cutthemdown
05-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Lynch was told he couldn't start. He said he really would like to be a starter. They said won't happen. He said release me. Broncos said no problem you played hard for us.

It is a way different situation. Logically I don't see the connection except for you saying they both felt slighted. If you connect emotions like that you can make any argument fit any logic you wan't, but it won't be accurate logic.

And this coming from a dude that dropped out of the logic class!!!!! So I can't tell you what rule you are breaking, only that I know you are breaking something. You modus ponus is all out of whack.

tonngo0
05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Well Lynch only liked the McCree move ... and he said nothing else.

fdf
05-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Not sure whether you are being facetious. If not, then please note Lynch said he had "mixed feelings" about the trade. Me too. Cutler was very talented. I hated losing him. But he had to be traded because of his behavior.

That's mixed feelings. You hate to lose a talent like that. But sometimes losing a talent like that is by far the best choice.

Popps
05-08-2009, 08:49 PM

Lynch wasn't a b****, he wanted a chance to start. Shanahan wasn't going to give him one, so he agreed to release him. Very common for aging vets.
Lynch proved himself as a great Bronco, a leader and a great asset to the community. He was team leader on a playoff-winning team... and one of the best S's to ever play the game.

Cutler hasn't won ****, hasn't done ****... and whined his way out of town while under contract.

The Broncos didn't want John Lynch. We DID want Cutler, who told us to **** off.

See the difference?

maher_tyler
05-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Lynch wasn't a b****, he wanted a chance to start. Shanahan wasn't going to give him one, so he agreed to release him. Very common for aging vets.
Lynch proved himself as a Great Bronco, a leader and a great asset to the community. He was team leader on a playoff-winning team... and one of the best S's to ever play the game.

Cutler hasn't won ****, hasn't done ****... and whined his way out of town while under contract.

The Broncos didn't want John Lynch. We DID want Cutler, who told us to **** off.

See the difference?

Rep...some people just dont get it..i'd rather have half of Lynchs' heart than Cutler's any day!!

Florida_Bronco
05-08-2009, 10:09 PM
See the difference?

When it comes right down to it, the only difference that really matters is that Lynch quietly requested his release behind closed doors and was all class on the way out, while Jay dragged the Broncos through the mud in the media to get his way after his boyfriend was fired.

You'll never hear me speak badly of Lynch.

gyldenlove
05-08-2009, 10:35 PM
When it comes right down to it, the only difference that really matters is that Lynch quietly requested his release behind closed doors and was all class on the way out, while Jay dragged the Broncos through the mud in the media to get his way after his boyfriend was fired.

You'll never hear me speak badly of Lynch.

The other difference being of course that team very openly and honestly told John Lynch that he would only be a part time player, while they covertly tried to replace Cutler with Mcdaniels safety blanket.

Popps
05-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Its an entirely different situation. Lynch was basically told "John, you can't really cut it anymore, Marlon McCree and Marquand Manuel are better than you, .

ROFL!

Good lord, no wonder we had to shake up management. What a joke.

Cito Pelon
05-09-2009, 01:58 PM

People make mistakes. Lynch sure did. He could have had one more year of glory, and I think a lot of people here said that last year when he asked for his release. He screwed up, and yes, in a way he screwed the team. It surely wasn't the most fitting way for a vet to go into the sunset. The staff sure wasn't expecting him to go ballistic and demand his release. Extrapolating that to Cutler, who knows? Maybe it had some impact. By the same logic though Favre had an impact. Cutler made his own decision, but certainly decisions are not made in a vacuum. Precedents get set that influence an individual's decision-making.

barryr
05-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Lynch didn't pout to the media, unlike Cutler. Plus Lynch wanted to play for the Broncos, play more in fact, but the Broncos thought the other safeties were apparently better. Lynch didn't complain to the media about the coach either, which he obviously could have if he wanted. These two situations are nothing close in comparison to each other at all and it's a real stretch for anyone to try.

Cito Pelon
05-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Lynch didn't pout to the media, unlike Cutler. Plus Lynch wanted to play for the Broncos, play more in fact, but the Broncos thought the other safeties were apparently better. Lynch didn't complain to the media about the coach either, which he obviously could have if he wanted. These two situations are nothing close in comparison to each other at all and it's a real stretch for anyone to try.

I'm not gonna get in a big argument, I'll just state what I did last year - Lynch f'd up his last chance to contribute to an NFL team by asking for his release from the Broncs. He was given a golden opportunity to go out with some tackles on the field, but made a bad choice.

TheReverend
05-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Lynch proved himself as a great Bronco, a leader and a great asset to the community. He was team leader on a playoff-winning team... and one of the best S's to ever play the game.

See the difference?

False. He was going to start. He was just going to come off the field in nickel and other pass D packages.

Regardless, Lynch is a great guy, just wish he would've been more open about what he wanted and why he was leaving.

elsid13
05-09-2009, 03:21 PM

That right there situations weren't the same. One was veteran that career was over, the other was young player who was on the rise. Lynch was done, and wasn't a player any more that could make a difference. Cutler on the other hand was a young emerging player and was becoming a play maker.

broncosteven
05-10-2009, 11:54 AM
That right there situations weren't the same. One was veteran that career was over, the other was young player who was on the rise. Lynch was done, and wasn't a player any more that could make a difference. Cutler on the other hand was a young emerging player and was becoming a play maker.

So what I am getting from the response to my post is that if Cutler had been in the league as long as Lynch was,was lied to by upper management, then decided not to return calls from the owner it would have been OK?

Lynch left the team in training camp after the draft when only the TC castoffs were availble to fill his void.

I know this teams issue has been getting off the field on 3rd down but Lynch would have made the team better on 1st and 2nd downs and maybe helped on 3rd and short.

He left a hole at the worst time of the season, after FA and the draft and a couple weeks into camp.

Just think how this place would have blown up if Cutler dragged the drama out past the draft?

elsid13
05-10-2009, 11:57 AM
So what I am getting from the response to my post is that if Cutler had been in the league as long as Lynch was,was lied to by upper management, then decided not to return calls from the owner it would have been OK?

Lynch left the team in training camp after the draft when only the TC castoffs were availble to fill his void.

I know this teams issue has been getting off the field on 3rd down but Lynch would have made the team better on 1st and 2nd downs and maybe helped on 3rd and short.

He left a hole at the worst time of the season, after FA and the draft and a couple weeks into camp.

Just think how this place would have blown up if Cutler dragged the drama out past the draft?

To tell the truth I don't think Lynch would have made the team last season. The problem was he got old real quick and Shanahan didn't have player to step in and take his spot.

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 12:00 PM

are you even serious anymore?

cutler is gone, he is gone by his own doing, he is a player under contract, the team did NOT lie to him at all. the entire timeline of this whole fiasco shows that cutler wanted out far before he was ever slighted, given that he threw his entire team and all the fans under the bus so he could get traded.

john lynch was no longer a starter here and was not going to get playing time, and he asked for a chance to start elsewhere. when you are a future HOFer and have dedicated 4 years as a leader on this team and multiple other years in the league, you deserve that right. when youre feelings are hurt and you refuse to talk to the team in only your 3rd year, you do not.

i cant believe you are so blinded by this situation that you refuse to acknowledge that cutler was wrong to not talk to the OWNER of the team, much les the coach. if mcdaniels had his way i gaurantee you cutler would still be on this team. you do not disrespect the man who has paid you millions of dollars.

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Cripes I'm sick of this discussion about who was right and who was wrong. The FACT is...nobody...not one single person on this board, KNOWS what happened, because we were NOT THERE. If you think otherwise you're an absolute idiot. This comes down to who you believe...that's all. I have reasons for believing Cutler, just as I'm sure the other side has reasons they think Bowlen and McDaniels were telling the truth. This constant cycle of explanations has been heard over and over and over again. Has one person on this board actually changed their opinion on this because somebody regurgitated the same thing again for the 10,000th time?

If so...who?

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Cripes I'm sick of this discussion about who was right and who was wrong. The FACT is...nobody...not one single person on this board, KNOWS what happened, because we were NOT THERE. If you think otherwise you're an absolute idiot. This comes down to who you believe...that's all. I have reasons for believing Cutler, just as I'm sure the other side has reasons they think Bowlen and McDaniels were telling the truth. This constant cycle of explanations has been heard over and over and over again. Has one person on this board actually changed their opinion on this because somebody regurgitated the same thing again for the 10,000th time?

If so...who?

mcdaniels and bowlen have said the same thing since day one, cutler has not said anything except taht he doesnt trust anyone. he requested a trade in the middle of march, got traded, then said he didnt really want to be traded, after high fiving everyone when he found out he got traded?

then in the press conference, he refuses to acknowledge what he did, saying there are things both sides would have done differently, yet mcdaniels never said he would have done anything differently, as he shouldnt have. if a players ego is hurt so bad by trade talks that he is gonna come up with BS stories about being traded then not wanting it while high fiving everyone, thats really someone you want on your team?

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 12:34 PM
mcdaniels and bowlen have said the same thing since day one, cutler has not said anything except taht he doesnt trust anyone. he requested a trade in the middle of march, got traded, then said he didnt really want to be traded, after high fiving everyone when he found out he got traded?

then in the press conference, he refuses to acknowledge what he did, saying there are things both sides would have done differently, yet mcdaniels never said he would have done anything differently, as he shouldnt have. if a players ego is hurt so bad by trade talks that he is gonna come up with BS stories about being traded then not wanting it while high fiving everyone, thats really someone you want on your team?
In a court of law what you've described is called "heresay", and it's inadmissable as evidence. You are repeating what someone said happened, not what you heard or observed. I don't believe Bowlen and McDaniels. You don't believe Cutler.

Neither side can be proven. Accept that as fact because that's exactly what it is. It doesn't matter what was said, not said, or done afterwards. The only irrefutable FACT is that we DON'T KNOW what happened. I'm looking at Bowlen's behavior here, his past behavior and some other factors in making a determination.

Nobody...including you...knows what went down.

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 12:52 PM
In a court of law what you've described is called "heresay", and it's inadmissable as evidence. You are repeating what someone said happened, not what you heard or observed. I don't believe Bowlen and McDaniels. You don't believe Cutler.

Neither side can be proven. Accept that as fact because that's exactly what it is. It doesn't matter what was said, not said, or done afterwards. The only irrefutable FACT is that we DON'T KNOW what happened. I'm looking at Bowlen's behavior here, his past behavior and some other factors in making a determination.

Nobody...including you...knows what went down.

no, im comparing all the facts of the situation from both sides. cutler would not answer the coachs or owners phone calls, that is fact. he claims he didnt get the calls, pat says they have the phone records to prove it, cutler never says anything else about it. whos lying?

he requests a trade, that is fact. after he gets traded, he said he didnt want to get traded. that is a fact as well. he went around giving high fives when he found out he was trade, again a fact.

mcdaniels said multiple times in public (because he could not get a hold of cutler) that he wants to sit down with cutler one on one, but cutler would not have it. why wouldnt he? his feelings hurt that bad? then when its all over, he said both sides would have done something different. mcdaniels never shared that same sentiment. how can you look at all this and say that mcdaniels and bowlen are the liars here? multiple sources have said taht mcdaniels did not even initiate the trade talks, and they have said it many times. you sound like jay cutler, you refuse to look at all the facts and are just narrowing in on what you want to see.

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 01:06 PM
no, im comparing all the facts of the situation from both sides. cutler would not answer the coachs or owners phone calls, that is fact. he claims he didnt get the calls, pat says they have the phone records to prove it, cutler never says anything else about it. whos lying?
Have you seen the phone records?
he requests a trade, that is fact.
Did you hear him request a trade? If he requested it, WHEN did he do so? After he heard they were shopping him? None of this is FACT...it's heresay.
after he gets traded, he said he didnt want to get traded. that is a fact as well. he went around giving high fives when he found out he was trade, again a fact.
So what? That only proves he was glad to be leaving. It tells us nothing about what he said in the beginning, whether he wanted this before or after his discussions with the team.

mcdaniels said multiple times in public (because he could not get a hold of cutler) that he wants to sit down with cutler one on one, but cutler would not have it. why wouldnt he? his feelings hurt that bad? then when its all over, he said both sides would have done something different. mcdaniels never shared that same sentiment.
That only indicates McDaniels might be to egotistical to take any accountability for his own actions. From what I've seen of him so far, he does seem to be extremely arrogant. Again...not evidence of anything.
how can you look at all this and say that mcdaniels and bowlen are the liars here? multiple sources have said taht mcdaniels did not even initiate the trade talks, and they have said it many times.
Once again...you're speaking about something YOU did not hear, and neither did the "sources"...it's heresay...nothing more.
you sound like jay cutler, you refuse to look at all the facts and are just narrowing in on what you want to see.
Nope. I'm saying there ARE NO FACTS available to us. None. This comes down to who you believe. I don't trust Bowlen because this is not the only thing it appears he's done to endanger trust. Bowlen is a guy protecting his ticket sales. Do you seriously think he's going to admit that either he or McDaniels made mistakes here? If Pat Bowlen has phone records...why hasn't he made them available to the public?

At the end of the day...it's all heresay...ALL OF IT.

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 01:09 PM
wow. just wow. you take so many different stances to justify what jay cutler did and to villify mcdaniels and bowlen, its absolutely amazing. simply amazing for a supposed fan of a team to try and justify his own assumptions like that.

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 01:11 PM
wow. just wow. you take so many different stances to justify what jay cutler did and to villify mcdaniels and bowlen, its absolutely amazing. simply amazing for a supposed fan of a team to try and justify his own assumptions like that.
Have you seen the phone records? No you haven't. Did you yourself hear any of this? No you didn't. Do you have a single shred of evidence you know exists to support anything you believe? No...you don't.

Heresay...it's all heresay.

Has anyone you've discussed this with on the other side changed their opinion? Has anyone on your side changed theirs?

What's the point to this discussion? There is none.

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Have you seen the phone records? No you haven't. Did you yourself hear any of this? No you didn't. Do you have a single shred of evidence you know exists to support anything you believe? No...you don't.

Heresay...it's all heresay.

Has anyone you've discussed this with on the other side changed their opinion? Has anyone on your side changed theirs?

What's the point to this discussion? There is none.

so because i didnt see records, even though there is several reports of both bowlen and mcdaniels trying to reach cutler directly and indirectly via cook, it didnt happen?

or are you just trying to dump the argument because you know you have none, but are trying to save face?

there is literally no evidence supporting cutler for anything he has done, there is plenty supporting the coaches and owner. but you choose to believe the player because you are blinded to teh entire situation. go root for the bears.

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 01:48 PM
so because i didnt see records, even though there is several reports of both bowlen and mcdaniels trying to reach cutler directly and indirectly via cook, it didnt happen?

or are you just trying to dump the argument because you know you have none, but are trying to save face?

there is literally no evidence supporting cutler for anything he has done, there is plenty supporting the coaches and owner. but you choose to believe the player because you are blinded to teh entire situation. go root for the bears.
Your "evidence" is heresay. As such, it's not evidence at all, merely conjecture based on what you believe to be true. Not surprisingly, you're unable to divorce loyalty to the team from what you believe about the principals involved.

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Your "evidence" is heresay. As such, it's not evidence at all, merely conjecture based on what you believe to be true. Not surprisingly, you're unable to divorce loyalty to the team from what you believe about the principals involved.

then everything we ever read about anything, ever, is heresay, because we do not have documented proof of much of anything.

quit using that as your reason to hate the team. its not a good one. heresay or not, its what happened, and you know it, you are just trying not to look more ****ing retarded then you already do to the vast majority of this forum.

Popps
05-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Cutler put his houses up for sale, left the state and publicly demanded a trade.
All this while under contract. I honestly can't get my head around why any Broncos fan would go out of their way to make excuses for this queer.

He didn't want to be here, he got his wish. As with anyone who doesn't want to be a Bronco, he can **** himself.

Why do we need to make it more complicated than it is? It's all very simple.

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Cutler put his houses up for sale, left the state and publicly demanded a trade.
All this while under contract. I honestly can't get my head around why any Broncos fan would go out of their way to make excuses for this queer.

He didn't want to be here, he got his wish. As with anyone who doesn't want to be a Bronco, he can **** himself.

people see this:

mcdaniels comes in, cutler gets traded

they fail to realize everything that happened in between there, they just make the connection and instantly dismiss everything else.

TheReverend
05-10-2009, 03:56 PM
people see this:

mcdaniels comes in, cutler gets traded

they fail to realize everything that happened in between there, they just make the connection and instantly dismiss everything else.

What about the lengths you went to avoid anything you've previously believed to support the new regime, even if it was diametrically opposed to what you yourself said previously?

Honestly, you're probably the biggest and most inconsistent weasel on the board, bar none. That's why I laugh inside everytime you "call someone out".

Or is this something deeper? Maybe your dog that you named Cutler bit you?

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 04:08 PM
then everything we ever read about anything, ever, is heresay, because we do not have documented proof of much of anything.
Wrong.
quit using that as your reason to hate the team.
Wrong again.
its not a good one. heresay or not, its what happened, and you know it,
Still wrong.
you are just trying not to look more ****ing retarded then you already do to the vast majority of this forum.
You've cornered the market on that one.

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 04:10 PM

So in other words you're smarter than anyone who disagrees. Got it.

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 04:14 PM
What about the lengths you went to avoid anything you've previously believed to support the new regime, even if it was diametrically opposed to what you yourself said previously?

Honestly, you're probably the biggest and most inconsistent weasel on the board, bar none. That's why I laugh inside everytime you "call someone out".

Isn't this a stupid and utterly pointless discussion? I mean come on...it all comes down to who you believe because nobody was there. In four weeks of wrangling, fighting, insulting and endlessly debating this...as far as I know not a single person on this boards been moved off what they think or the reasons they support it. I love this "evidence" crap...like anything reported by any of the people involved has any inherrant worth as real evidence.

Pointless...fruitless...worthless. Those are the three words that best define this argument. I'm ready to move on from this and address the stuff we can talk about that actually means something, even though we still have idiots in here who want to insist that your fan loyalty is dependant on who you believe. To me that's probably the most ignorant position one can take.

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 04:49 PM

youre right, you have been consistent. consistently ****ing stupid with your doom and gloom crybaby retard rubbish.

ive always said the same thing: its jay cutlers fault hes gone (and everything points to it being his fault, regardless of how much footsteps wants to ignore it because its not admissable in court. and oj was innocent), mcdaniels was a good hire who has everything he needs to make this team good, and i like teh direction hes taking it so far. never anywhere did i gaurantee he would be good, did i claim to know whats going to happen with our draft picks, nothing. unlike ****tards like you, i dont cry when something happens becasue i do not know the results of it, i dont claim to know how to build a football team, you obviously think you would be a better GM than these guys, and if you truly do believe that, there is no helping you.

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 05:07 PM
youre right, you have been consistent. consistently ****ing stupid with your doom and gloom crybaby retard rubbish.

ive always said the same thing: its jay cutlers fault hes gone (and everything points to it being his fault, regardless of how much footsteps wants to ignore it because its not admissable in court. and oj was innocent), mcdaniels was a good hire who has everything he needs to make this team good, and i like teh direction hes taking it so far. never anywhere did i gaurantee he would be good, did i claim to know whats going to happen with our draft picks, nothing. unlike ****tards like you, i dont cry when something happens becasue i do not know the results of it...
No instead you cry every time someone disagrees with your "facts".

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 05:10 PM
No instead you cry every time someone disagrees with your "facts".

rather when people ignore the facts and make a decision to hate the coach and owner and support the crybaby bears QB anyway.

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 05:26 PM
rather when people ignore the facts and make a decision to hate the coach and owner and support the crybaby bears QB anyway.
What exactly do you get out of your constant efforts to change other people's opinion? Nobody has changed their feelings on this subject based on a single thing you've had to say, and you got bitch slapped already by TJ and many others for your whining about the board not cow towing to your POV.

At some point do you intend to move on...or is this your little schtick from now on?

TheReverend
05-10-2009, 05:57 PM

ive always said the same thing: its jay cutlers fault hes gone (and everything points to it being his fault, regardless of how much footsteps wants to ignore it because its not admissable in court. and oj was innocent), mcdaniels was a good hire who has everything he needs to make this team good, and i like teh direction hes taking it so far. never anywhere did i gaurantee he would be good, did i claim to know whats going to happen with our draft picks, nothing. unlike ****tards like you, i dont cry when something happens becasue i do not know the results of it, i dont claim to know how to build a football team, you obviously think you would be a better GM than these guys, and if you truly do believe that, there is no helping you.

No you're just a spineless girl who has absolutely no conviction in his own beliefs.

Remember these polls? And how you changed your mind because the organization told you to?

NOTE: They're public so your lack of balls and spinal cord are completely evident.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75257

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75465

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75595

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75855

You're nothing more than a lemming. And frankly, it's just ****ing sad.

Karenin
05-10-2009, 06:13 PM

People around here should really stop using this word, until a)they know what it actually means and b)they learn to spell it correctly.

Popps
05-10-2009, 06:36 PM
So in other words you're smarter than anyone who disagrees. Got it.

Probably. In your case, I'd say it's fairly safe to assume.

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 06:54 PM
No you're just a spineless girl who has absolutely no conviction in his own beliefs.

Remember these polls? And how you changed your mind because the organization told you to?

NOTE: They're public so your lack of balls and spinal cord are completely evident.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75257

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75465

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75595

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75855

You're nothing more than a lemming. And frankly, it's just ****ing sad.

at the time i felt one way, when i stepped back and looked at it, what the organization is doing made sense. i thought he shoulda got one more year and wouldnt be upset if he did, but when they fired him i, as well as the rest of america, understood.

its not hard to understand. if you stop youre one track mind and realize that things are not always black or white, youll understand that:
a. you do not know how to run a football team
b. your opinion on how to run one means absolutely jack ****
c. the people who are running the team we cheer for are better at it than us, have had vast amounts of success doing so, and should be counted on ti continue that bronco tradition

TheReverend
05-10-2009, 07:04 PM
at the time i felt one way, when i stepped back and looked at it, what the organization is doing made sense. i thought he shoulda got one more year and wouldnt be upset if he did, but when they fired him i, as well as the rest of america, understood.

its not hard to understand. if you stop youre one track mind and realize that things are not always black or white, youll understand that:
a. you do not know how to run a football team
b. your opinion on how to run one means absolutely jack ****
c. the people who are running the team we cheer for are better at it than us, have had vast amounts of success doing so, and should be counted on ti continue that bronco tradition

That's precisely my point. Read through your listed reasons of "a, b and c". All you are is a little front office parrot who will change his personal opinion to whatever they tell you to.

You're a joke, and obviously completely missing the point of expressing YOUR opinion on an internet fan website, you ignorant pile of ****.

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 07:10 PM
That's precisely my point. Read through your listed reasons of "a, b and c". All you are is a little front office parrot who will change his personal opinion to whatever they tell you to.

You're a joke, and obviously completely missing the point of expressing YOUR opinion on an internet fan website, you ignorant pile of ****.

my opinion is that im here for information, not to bitch and moan about what the front office is doing wrong and how i would do it so much better than they would. call me what you want, at the end of the day when you are at home crying about everything the broncos do wrong, ill be having fun watching the games and cheering for the team. stock up on kleenex this year, youll need it.

TheReverend
05-10-2009, 07:14 PM
my opinion is that im here for information, not to b**** and moan about what the front office is doing wrong and how i would do it so much better than they would. call me what you want, at the end of the day when you are at home crying about everything the broncos do wrong, ill be having fun watching the games and cheering for the team. stock up on kleenex this year, youll need it.

Says the guy bitching and moaning about other people a message board...

Ha!

Stock up on kleenex bro, because that's what happens on message boards, people express their opinions.

I know that's hard to grasp, but try to envision it...

Put your money where your mouth is if you're here for information and go lurk like a good little boy.

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Probably. In your case, I'd say it's fairly safe to assume.
You would assume wrong.

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Says the guy b****ing and moaning about other people a message board...

Ha!

Stock up on kleenex bro, because that's what happens on message boards, people express their opinions.

I know that's hard to grasp, but try to envision it...

Put your money where your mouth is if you're here for information and go lurk like a good little boy.

you guys really are out of your god damn minds. holy ****, it is absolutely amazing. good luck cheering for the broncos this year, i dont think you will be able to with the amount of hate you and the rest of your cutlerite fag buddies have for the rest of the team.

Odysseus
05-10-2009, 08:07 PM

The price for having an opinion seems to be the ability to pimp slap your neighbor over the smallest of details.

I am always amazed at how a person can be proven wrong and yet still feel justified. The only apologies on this board seem to happen after a posters confidence in his correctness leads him down a road he does not understand. You almost never see a poster fess up to a missed opinion. Normally when they do some "genius" poster points it out as if somehow you were complete unaware of your own mistake.

Amazing!

footstepsfrom#27
05-10-2009, 08:15 PM
All you are is a little front office parrot who will change his personal opinion to whatever they tell you to.
:rofl:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_madyzqmHA2o/RuZ5kh_arqI/AAAAAAAAAfg/wgns8XJ4f_w/s400/alex+the+parrot.jpg

summerdenver
05-10-2009, 08:21 PM
you guys really are out of your god damn minds. holy ****, it is absolutely amazing. good luck cheering for the broncos this year, i dont think you will be able to with the amount of hate you and the rest of your cutlerite fag buddies have for the rest of the team.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? Don't take our word for it go ahead and use the search option and read your own posts.

Footsteps is absolutely right about you. You have your version of how things are what a fan should and I have no problem with that, but trouble is you are always trying to force them on to others.

You pigeon hole people as Cutlerites or non bronco fans any time someone disagrees with you. If you are not intersted to discuss about any differing view points what are you doing on a fan forum? If all you are interested in is posts that re-enforce your version, you should just read the press releases of the Broncos.

DHallblows
05-10-2009, 08:48 PM
So has this thread increased tsiguy96's reputation on the board to anyone?

TheReverend
05-10-2009, 09:12 PM

There's a pretty sweet one-word term the bodybuilding.com forums use in times like these:

"Fraudin"

tsiguy96
05-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? Don't take our word for it go ahead and use the search option and read your own posts.

Footsteps is absolutely right about you. You have your version of how things are what a fan should and I have no problem with that, but trouble is you are always trying to force them on to others.

You pigeon hole people as Cutlerites or non bronco fans any time someone disagrees with you. If you are not intersted to discuss about any differing view points what are you doing on a fan forum? If all you are interested in is posts that re-enforce your version, you should just read the press releases of the Broncos.

hey good call, its mcdaniels fault jay cutler is gone, this franchise is destined for extreme failure, bowlen will get drunk and sell the team, it will relocate, game over. you guys have predicted things perfectly.

Odysseus
05-10-2009, 11:49 PM

I am waiting for the requisite drama queen thread where some posters puts the pimp hand down on the complete list of drama queen posters.

If you stay here long enough you see enough poster suicides to on a profound level sincerely not give a rat's @$z.

summerdenver
05-10-2009, 11:51 PM
its mcdaniels fault jay cutler is gone,

Dude at this point no one knows what exacly happened and who is to blame. Like footy said above it comes down to whose version you want to believe. If you cannot accept the fact that there are other bronco fans who have different opinions on what happenned, then it becomes hard for any one to discuss anything you.

Popps
05-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Dude at this point no one knows what exacly happened and who is to blame. Like footy said above it comes down to whose version you want to believe. If you cannot accept the fact that there are other bronco fans who have different opinions on what happenned, then it becomes hard for any one to discuss anything you.

Yea... there's also a time most fans get over it, and return to being a fan... no matter who was to blame.

We've got some people seriously committed to keeping the gloom and doom alive around here. It'll be interesting to see how these people react if things start going well.

Conflicting opinions are fine. But, at a certain point... it's time to move on. At least. that's the opinion of the majority of fans around here, even if they're not as vocal as the whiners.

cutthemdown
05-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Yea... there's also a time most fans get over it, and return to being a fan... no matter who was to blame.

We've got some people seriously committed to keeping the gloom and doom alive around here. It'll be interesting to see how these people react if things start going well.

Conflicting opinions are fine. But, at a certain point... it's time to move on. At least. that's the opinion of the majority of fans around here, even if they're not as vocal as the whiners.

I saw it is a 2 yr rebuilding when we fired Shanny. I think some people hoped the Broncos were about ready to win again. Shanny kept us like that every yr by selling us on the defense etc. Every yr it was like we think we can win the Superbowl this yr. After he was fired I think some people wanted to believe it was still only a few spots needing to be tweaked and we could be winners.

Unfortunately Broncos had serious holes because Shanny and the GMS had done a crappy job of drafting over the past 10 yrs.

People point to Harris, Clady, Royal, Cutler but they can't really point to any defensive talent Denver has found in draft.

The Broncos defense was straight the worst I had ever seen. The Special Teams have been just as bad outside of some decent kicking here and there.

The reason? It's obvious Shanny and the Goodmans, and Sundquist, ran the Broncos defense into the dirt. It had virtually no talent on it cultivated by the team. The best they could ever do was trade one of the good offensive players, portis, for Bailey.

Broncos probably won't win more games then they did last yr. I think 7-9 8-8 vs this schedule would be really exciting for the next yr. Broncos are on they way to getting bigger and more physical and in 2-3 yrs all the fans will be back on board.

summerdenver
05-11-2009, 02:30 AM

Define moving on Popps? Does it mean you don't ever question any moves made the HC and Front office? Does it mean you are giving up every right to be skeptical just to call your self a Bronco fan?

God forbid someone criticzes any move of FO people like TSI will drag cutler into it and immediately start stereo typing people - OMG you hate my head coach you go live with that ****** cribaby leave Denver go to chicago .....

The biggest irony is that he is the same guy who is starting threads like This place is becoming unbearable why can't we live with each other.

cutthemdown
05-11-2009, 02:43 AM
It's fine to be critical and think Mcdaniels is an idiot. It's even ok to think Broncos will go 2-14 and eventually fire Mcdaniels.

I was critical of the team and predicted we wouldn't make playoffs last yr and took a lot of heat for it.

Everyone loves the Broncos some people just being jerks right now because they are pissed off at Bowlen and Mcdaniels.

Others being way to homerish because Cutler pissed them off and everyone is making fun of the Broncos. Notice how other people making fun of something you love just can automatically send you on the defensive? even if they are making sense.

I have only called out one thing on this board. The punks who say **** like they will pull for Cutler. Or that they have a 2nd favorite team and can still pull for them to do well. Or people who want the Bears to win so broncos will look stupid for trading there pick.

All those things IMO are not signs of a good Bronco fan. We only care about one team, the BRONCOS. We want Cutler to lose and fail so we can get a better pick. We want the coach to be right and do well. You may think otherwise but in your heart that's what you want.

summerdenver
05-11-2009, 02:56 AM
It's fine to be critical and think Mcdaniels is an idiot. It's even ok to think Broncos will go 2-14 and eventually fire Mcdaniels.

I was critical of the team and predicted we wouldn't make playoffs last yr and took a lot of heat for it.

Everyone loves the Broncos some people just being jerks right now because they are pissed off at Bowlen and Mcdaniels.

Others being way to homerish because Cutler pissed them off and everyone is making fun of the Broncos. Notice how other people making fun of something you love just can automatically send you on the defensive? even if they are making sense.

I have only called out one thing on this board. The punks who say **** like they will pull for Cutler. Or that they have a 2nd favorite team and can still pull for them to do well. Or people who want the Bears to win so broncos will look stupid for trading there pick.

All those things IMO are not signs of a good Bronco fan. We only care about one team, the BRONCOS. We want Cutler to lose and fail so we can get a better pick. We want the coach to be right and do well. You may think otherwise but in your heart that's what you want.

Why are you bringing cutler into it. You are misisng the point I am trying to make. First time someone makes a statement like I don't like this move (not related to culter)- the response is OMG you hate our coach you should go to chicago response.

BTW, why do you think you or TSI get to define what is a good fan? Is it not every individual to decide upon?

alkemical
05-11-2009, 06:59 AM
The price for having an opinion seems to be the ability to pimp slap your neighbor over the smallest of details.

I am always amazed at how a person can be proven wrong and yet still feel justified. The only apologies on this board seem to happen after a posters confidence in his correctness leads him down a road he does not understand. You almost never see a poster fess up to a missed opinion. Normally when they do some "genius" poster points it out as if somehow you were complete unaware of your own mistake.

Amazing!

Yep. It's part of the immaturity i feel people contain as an overall.

Hulamau
05-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Isn't this a stupid and utterly pointless discussion? I mean come on...it all comes down to who you believe because nobody was there. I love this "evidence" crap...like anything reported by any of the people involved has any inherrant worth as real evidence.

Pointless...fruitless...worthless. Those are the three words that best define this argument. I'm ready to move on from this and address the stuff we can talk about that actually means something, even though we still have idiots in here who want to insist that your fan loyalty is dependant on who you believe. To me that's probably the most ignorant position one can take.

I agree it has nothing to do with Fan Loyalty, anyone is free to have different opinions and still love the team, there is no question! And one can even have their head 4 miles up their ass and still be a 'fan', even if deluded!

And, actually quite a number have come to see Cutler was the lead character in his own demise here, even among some who were die hards in the beginning.

And furthermore there Is FAR more compelling 'evidence' even out of Jay's own mouth, that he was talking out of both sides of his ass on this thing from day one, simply in his public comments on the deal!

If you cant read even a little between the lines of Pat Bowlen's reactions as well to see how stunned and upset he was at Cutlers OBVIOUS SNUB of him, then you're smoking some deadly S***!

NO way Bowlen who loves this team WAY more than you or I or anyone else here is going to slit his own throat if he thought Cutler was in the right here!

Here's the latest blurb on the matter from Peter King:

Quote of the Week II

"It all culminated when our quarterback didn't return calls from the owner. That's not the best idea for you young kids out there. You work for someone, you call them back.''
-- Former Bronco safety John Lynch, in a speech to junior high and high school athletes in Denver, on the major reason for the Broncos' trade of Jay Cutler to Chicago, according to the Denver Post.

I said it then, and I'll say it again: Lynch is 100 percent spot-on. The Cutler deal had a lot to do with the relationship between him and Denver coach Josh McDaniels, but there's no question the thing accelerated when Cutler snubbed owner Pat Bowlen, refusing to return his phone calls. I am told Bowlen said it was the most insulted he's felt in 25 years as an NFL owner.

Come on man, you honestly think Bowlen is LYING about how this went down .. do you truly think that!? If so, I've got some sweet property for sale on Pluto you just gotta see.. You'll love it!

CSU Husker
05-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Actually quite a number have come to see Cutlre was the lead character in his own demise here, even amonhg some who were die hards in the beginning.

And furthermore that Is FAR more compelling evidence even out of Jay's own mouth that he was talking out of both sides of his ass on this thing from day one , simply in is public comments on the deal!

If you cant read even a little between the lines of Pat Bowlen's reactions as well to see how stunned and upset he was at Cutlers OBVIOUS SNUB of him then you're smoking some deadly S****!

NO way Bowlen who loves this team WAY more than you or I or anyone else here is going to slit his own throat if he thought Cutler was in the right here!

Here's the latest blurb on the matter from Peter King:

Quote of the Week II

"It all culminated when our quarterback didn't return calls from the owner. That's not the best idea for you young kids out there. You work for someone, you call them back.''
-- Former Bronco safety John Lynch, in a speech to junior high and high school athletes in Denver, on the major reason for the Broncos' trade of Jay Cutler to Chicago, according to the Denver Post.

I said it then, and I'll say it again: Lynch is 100 percent spot-on. The Cutler deal had a lot to do with the relationship between him and Denver coach Josh McDaniels, but there's no question the thing accelerated when Cutler snubbed owner Pat Bowlen, refusing to return his phone calls. I am told Bowlen said it was the most insulted he's felt in 25 years as an NFL owner.

Come on man, you honestly think Bowlen is LYING about how this went down .. do you truly think that! If so, I've got some sweet property for sale on Pluto you ust gotta see.. You'll love it!

FWIW, I had the opportunity to talk to someone within the organization, someone with access to the Dove Valley phone records. Per this source, they made MANY attempts to contact Cutler, and have the evidence to back that up.

TonyR
05-11-2009, 10:40 AM

I agree 100% Hula. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Cutler had returned Bowlen's phone calls he'd still be on the team today. In the end Pat Bowlen made the call to trade Jay Cutler, not Josh McDaniels. Sure the actions of McD and the Broncos FO may have created the spark but it's Jay Cutler who provided the fuel that caused the fire to burn out of control. Pat Bowlen put the fire out. People can blame McD all they want if that's what makes them happy, but he's not the one to blame here.

Hulamau
05-11-2009, 10:52 AM
I agree 100% Hula. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Cutler had returned Bowlen's phone calls he'd still be on the team today. In the end Pat Bowlen made the call to trade Jay Cutler, not Josh McDaniels. Sure the actions of McD and the Broncos FO may have created the spark but it's Jay Cutler who provided the fuel that caused the fire to burn out of control. Pat Bowlen put the fire out. People can blame McD all they want if that's what makes them happy, but he's not the one to blame here.

****ing A straight TonyR and a few of these numbskulls that have a Super-Glue lip-lock on Cutler's weeny just paint the ENTIRE ordeal on McD as if he masterminded the entire thing and Jay was just some innocent victim!

That's where a few of them go overboard. Hey its fine if they are set in their ways and rigid and want to hold on to that belief if it floats their boat!

But its like Bowlen said in a recent interview: 'I'm still not sure just what was going through Jay's Bird-Brain ( my descriptive :), but if this was truly about Josh taking a look at a possible trade, then Jay should NOT be on this team anyway!!! " (end of quote)

Meaning he was way out of line and doesn't have the leadership skills and strength of character to get it done under pressure!

Popps
05-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Define moving on Popps? Does it mean you don't ever question any moves made the HC and Front office?

Sure, I'll define it... and of course it doesn't mean not questioning any moves. (I'm assuming that question was rhetorical, considering its obtuse nature.)

Moving on means not spending 95% of your posts to proclaim your hatred for the coach before he's ever coached a game. It means not searching for failure in every single player we draft or sign. It means not calling us the "Denver Patriots" or constantly whining about how the franchise is in shambles, despite having no tangible proof that this is the case. (i.e. wins/losses over a long enough sample period.)

Conversely, those who actually "moved on" may be discussing some of our draft picks, picking apart the QBs, dissecting highlights of the new players, discussing scheme, discussing potentially additions to the club that would help us get to the next level. Basically, just doing the things that normal fans do... as opposed to acting like trolls, bashing EVERY SINGLE thing the franchise does, calling our great owner a drunk, etc.

Basically, I think you know the difference between moving on and not moving on. If you don't, have a look around. There are plenty of examples of both. Unfortunately, those who can't move on are much more vocal than those who have. So, the gloom/doom crowd feels like a majority, despite them being very much in the minority as far as polls around here show.

tsiguy96
05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
last 2 posts pretty much sum up this entire place...

Hulamau
05-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Sure, I'll define it... and of course it doesn't mean not questioning any moves. (I'm assuming that question was rhetorical, considering its obtuse nature.)

Moving on means not spending 95% of your posts to proclaim your hatred for the coach before he's ever coached a game. It means not searching for failure in every single player we draft or sign. It means not calling us the "Denver Patriots" or constantly whining about how the franchise is in shambles, despite having no tangible proof that this is the case. (i.e. wins/losses over a long enough sample period.)

Conversely, those who actually "moved on" may be discussing some of our draft picks, picking apart the QBs, dissecting highlights of the new players, discussing scheme, discussing potentially additions to the club that would help us get to the next level. Basically, just doing the things that normal fans do... as opposed to acting like trolls, bashing EVERY SINGLE thing the franchise does, calling our great owner a drunk, etc.

Basically, I think you know the difference between moving on and not moving on. If you don't, have a look around. There are plenty of examples of both. Unfortunately, those who can't move on are much more vocal than those who have. So, the gloom/doom crowd feels like a majority, despite them being very much in the minority as far as polls around here show.

Touche!

footstepsfrom#27
05-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Come on man, you honestly think Bowlen is LYING about how this went down .. do you truly think that!? If so, I've got some sweet property for sale on Pluto you just gotta see.. You'll love it!
You can bluster and pontificate all you want about this but at the end of the day you simply don't know any more than what you've heard. Bowlen is as likely to lie as anyone else.

If you believe otherwise it's you that should line up for a suckers deal.

Hulamau
05-11-2009, 02:24 PM
You can bluster and pontificate all you want ....

Thank you very much ... don't mind if I Do! :peace:

summerdenver
05-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Moving on means not spending 95% of your posts to proclaim your hatred for the coach before he's ever coached a game.

Feel free to mix in the search fucntion and find quote from me hating on McDaniels (let alone 95% of my posts).

Popps
05-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Feel free to mix in the search fucntion and find quote from me hating on McDaniels (let alone 95% of my posts).

Dude, I didn't implicate you, personally.

You jumped into the middle of a conversation and asked me a question... so I answered it.