PDA

View Full Version : Official OrangeMane Personal Injury Thread

BroncoMan4ever
05-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Alright. Bronconia's thread about dislocating his shoulder gave me the idea to have an official thread where we Maners can post any and all injuries we have had, and how they happened.

I figure there would be a lot of sports related injuries, but i know for a fact that there will be some damn funny stories that happened because alcohol was involved.

I figure the thread can be a good way to laugh and have some fun, in the slow portion of the football year, and can take people's minds off of things they are worried about with the team.

So I will start. I have had a lot of injuries.

Separated shoulder playing street hockey
dislocated my shoulder 3 times. once sliding into 3rd base, another time playing football, and the last falling down stairs. i was drunk
broken 3 ribs while falling down the stairs in my house. drunk again
fractures my skull, when i got hit with a line drive
broken 6 fingers. most happened playing football and hockey
broke my wrist slipping on ice shoveling snow
broke my foot when my cousin's son dropped a bowling ball on me
broke my ankle playing basketball. came down akwardly on someone's foot
broke my leg snowboarding
broke my nose(twice) in fights
tore my ACL playing hockey

all of this has happened by the age of 23

Taco John
05-07-2009, 02:35 PM
I split open my forehead about a month ago in a snowboarding accident...

It's healed up nicely though.

Archer81
05-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Hmm...
Dislocated my shoulder and ankle. I think I tore something in my ankle too, but I didnt get it checked. Didnt bug me to run or walk after the swelling went down.

Have a scar above my left eye because when I was a kid I was being obnoxious at the table, my dad went to slap the back of my head and I ducked into it, right into the nice, sharp edge of the table.

Was cutting an orange with a knife and stabbed myself in my hand.

Got a concussion when I hit a car. I dropped my brother off at football practice and glanced over to check out a baseball game going on, and rearended a car. Trashed my mom's taurus. Dented the bumper on them. Airbag went off and BOOM. I didnt remember how I got home until a few days later.

Was riding my bike home from school once and was too close to the edge, slammed my chin down on the sidewalk and ended up in some ditch water. That was sexy.

Its not a personal injury, but I got a migraine once when I was playing soccer, nearly went blind from the pain and every sound was a knife in my back. I get migraines all the time, but it hit out of nowhere that day, no warning.

Tried to dive backwards off a diving board and walked off the edge, cracked my head on the side of the pool. Had a lifeguard come in and get me. More embarrassing than anything else.

Did a flip off my bike into a ravine. That really sucked. Landed on my bad shoulder, but it shredded the front tire of my bike, which pissed me off more.

:Broncos:

TheManeMan
05-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Had about 8 kidney stones in about a month and a half span in 2006. Broke my elbow playing football in 2007. First and only break of my life. Kidney stones were the f'n worst tho, I wouldnt wish that upon anybody.

Punisher
05-07-2009, 02:54 PM
I cut my eyebrow open from a Headbutt when i was playing basketball and a league game.(8 Stitches )

Dislocated my pinkie playing Basketball as well.

Cut my lip open playing a game of tag when i was like 13.(6 Stitches )

Got bitting by a 3 legged Pittbull (True Story) Had to get like (12 Stitches)

I have some scars on my face but there not that noticeable

Kaylore
05-07-2009, 03:02 PM
I never get hurt. I've broken one bone, a rib, when my brother and I were wrestling. Other than twisted ankles and a hernia, I've done alright.

Now diseases, well I basically catch anything and everything.

TDmvp
05-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I took some allergy meds that broke my penis once hehe ....
Besides that ... nota ...

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2407367#post2407367

Hotrod
05-07-2009, 03:06 PM
I've blown out both ankles playing basketball and they both still suck
I've been run over by a boat requiring some stitches
Broke a couple ribs getting tboned in a truck
Had to have appendix out
Had to have a hiatal hernia surgery
Had a stab wound to the top of the head in the Navy that required some stitches.

Forgot I have a small scar under my eye where a dude hit me with brass knuckles.

bowtown
05-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I had my feelings hurt on the OM the other day.

Rohirrim
05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I had the nose of a surfboard go right into my junk once. I'll remember that pain til the day I die.

SouthStndJunkie
05-07-2009, 03:11 PM
This thread is a Jewish personal injury lawyer's wet dream.

The team of Bernstein and Bernstein feel your pain and feel you should be compensated for your injury.

Hotrod
05-07-2009, 03:12 PM

The team of Bernstein and Bernstein feel your pain and feel you should be compensated for your injury.

LOL

mr007
05-07-2009, 03:12 PM
- Split lip (stitches + nice scar) - during a 35 ft. flaming jump rope doused in kerosene being drunk in Thailand (full moon party around NYE this year)

-Knee jacked up - drunken back-flip trying to impress a girl that had done a cartwheel right before my house. Took about 4-5 months for my knee to heal.

-Split open my back (big scar) - drunk in Mexico, slipped on wet concrete in a house and landed on a corner.

-Foot torn up - Belize on back of bicycle with friend... drinking again

-Body torn up - Motor scooter wreck - Thailand, friend checking out a chick while I was tail gating him, he looks up sees a car and slams the breaks and basically causes me to wreck.

A bunch of sports related, non-drinking for the most part that I won't list. I'm surprised I've never broken anything.

Punisher
05-07-2009, 03:17 PM

:spit: Oh man thats funny sh!t

bowtown
05-07-2009, 03:22 PM
4 Major Concussions
2 Minor Concussions
3 Sprained Knees
Broken Tailbone
Broken Hand
Bit through my lip and jammed my front teeth up into my head
Sliced up my forehead with a shovel
Cracked a rib

That's the worst of it.

broncosteven
05-07-2009, 03:23 PM
I ripped open my nose on a hook that was hanging off a screen door once, I think that hurt the most. They stitched it back so you can't see any scars.

I split open a finger once on some risers and passed out while watching them stitch it up, I still have that scar.

I got caught in 2 leashes once while walking our 2 dogs and fell into a big assed rose bush.

1st Softball practice in 20 years I ran down a fly, it went off my glove then off my face knocking a crown loose. They made me a pitcher/catcher.

Was rear-ended almost a year ago. Had 1 level disk fusion, now have chronic radicalopthy (SP?) for rest of my life. I also have Arthritis in my neck and right shoulder. I also have a cyst in the right shoulder from the trauma. Still working with the Dr's but I am in constant pain now. At least my daughter was OK.

ak1971
05-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I broke my junk once..want me to post photos?

broncosteven
05-07-2009, 03:30 PM

I babysat a 3 year old once who slammed the toliet seat on his junk. His mom warned me about it while she was explaining he wipped it out to show me.

Never saw a white kid with a black cock before.

Hotrod
05-07-2009, 03:30 PM

I believe Ro started a sausage thread just a second ago.

Los Broncos
05-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Broken left elbow - going up to block a shot in basketball and caught my arm on the wrist, came down with all my weight on my arm.

Broken back L-1 - car wreck, broke down on the side the road, car tries to cheat other cars and in turn nails my car with me in it going 70 Mph.

Multiple rolled ankles playing basketball.

A few concussions from a few motorcycle wrecks, broken toes.

And when I was 5, my mother was drinking and driving with me in the back seat, slams into the back of truck, I go flying face first into the dash destroyed my face, broken nose, broken eye socket, cheeks bones.

I am made of scars...:thumbsup:

ak1971
05-07-2009, 03:33 PM
lets see what else I have broke.

Rt Collar bone
both legs (lower)
both arms (lower)
rt pinky finger
lft ring finger
broken my nose 6 times (hmm I wonder why)

TheDave
05-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Fractured C-7 wrestleing... That sucked.

3rd degree ankle sprain playing basketball... probably should of had surgery for that.

and my nose about 5 times...

Other than that, I'm strong like bull.

Hotrod
05-07-2009, 03:35 PM
lets see what else I have broke.

Rt Collar bone
both legs (lower)
both arms (lower)
rt pinky finger
lft ring finger
broken my nose 6 times (hmm I wonder why)

I have no doubt she appriciated the effort.

footstepsfrom#27
05-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Age 1-- I was riding on my mom's lap (pre-car seat era) and on the way to Elitch Garden's my dad hit an ambulance going through a red light because he didn't hear the siren. I went through the windshield onto the hood of the car and cut my head wide open and took 26 stitches.

Age 8--rode my bike down a long steep hill and slammed into a parked car and knocked myself out.

Age 10-- I fell 60 feet from up in a big Elm tree in my grandmothers backyard after my dad told me to stay out of that at tree. I was hit all the branches on the way down and got cut, scratched and bruised and dropped the last 10 feet onto my back and knocked myself out. I went in the house when I woke up and got a whipping for climbing in the tree.

Age 14--Punched this kid in the face who stole my tennis racquet and busted my right index finger.

Highschool...walking MASH unit...assorted knee and ankle injuries, torn ACL on each knees (football), tore the ligaments off the ankle bone (basketball), multiple torn cartiledge in both knees. Torn mediacolatoral (martial arts)...I even tore ligaments in a church softball game one time.

Age 19--Hit by a car riding a bike, amazingly nothing broken.

Adult-- fell off a 20 foot ladder painting the house and busted my wrist...tore the thumbnail off my right hand in a car door...flew into a tree skiing and busted 2 ribs...car accident/hit from behind and messed up my neck which didn't show up till a year later, knocked it back into place 3 years later tackling some crazy drunk...knee injuries x 3 or 4 for various athletic indescretions...a few things I can't remember now.

Yesterday I slipped and hit the floor at Albertson's in front of the Deli meat counter, landed on my shoulder and hyper-extended my knee. :unamused:

LordHelmchen
05-07-2009, 03:39 PM
up until last year I managed to escape injuries more or less... from before that I have only three scars, two on my head and one on my ankle.
Last September I broke my tibia head and tore my meniscus (outdoor karting). Still not fully recovered, still full of titanium.

DHallblows
05-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Age 1-- I was riding on my mom's lap (pre-car seat era) and on the way to Elitch Garden's my dad hit an ambulance going through a red light because he didn't hear the siren. I went through the windshield onto the hood of the car and cut my head wide open and took 26 stitches.

Age 8--rode my bike down a long steep hill and slammed into a parked car and knocked myself out.

Age 10-- I fell 60 feet from up in a big Elm tree in my grandmothers backyard after my dad told me to stay out of that at tree. I was hit all the branches on the way down and got cut, scratched and bruised and dropped the last 10 feet onto my back and knocked myself out. I went in the house when I woke up and got a whipping for climbing in the tree.

Age 14--Punched this kid in the face who stole my tennis racquet and busted my right index finger.

Highschool...walking MASH unit...assorted knee and ankle injuries, torn ACL on each knees (football), tore the ligaments off the ankle bone (basketball), multiple torn cartiledge in both knees. Torn mediacolatoral (martial arts)...I even tore ligaments in a church softball game one time.

Age 19--Hit by a car riding a bike, amazingly nothing broken.

Adult-- fell off a 20 foot ladder painting the house and busted my wrist...tore the thumbnail off my right and in a car door...flew into a tree skiing and busted 2 ribs...car accident/hit from behind and messed up my neck which didn't show up till a year later, knocked it back into place 3 years later tackling some crazy drunk...

Yesterday I slipped and hit the floor at Albertson's in front of the Deli meat counter, landed on my shoulder and hyper-extended my knee. :unamused:

Simply put: God hates you.

SouthStndJunkie
05-07-2009, 03:41 PM

Ryan Torain....is that you?

PRBronco
05-07-2009, 03:46 PM
I had my feelings hurt on the OM the other day.

I lol'd :)

Man you guys have had it bad, here's my way less impressive list:
Head split open for 30 stitches by a swing as a toddler, still have a dent in my skull, it's hardcore.
Dislocated shoulder as a little kid swinging from my parents arms. Once again, pure street.
Broken wrist from roller blading immediately after watching the X games and being retarded.
900 sprained ankles almost entirely from playing basketball. Seriously my feet are hanging on by tissue paper at this point, it's gross.
At least 5 minor concussions in a 2 year span playing hockey. The doctors think it's how I developed adult ADD :)

footstepsfrom#27
05-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Simply put: God hates you.
Ha ha...I never get sick though.

DHallblows
05-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Ha ha...I never get sick though.

That's my personal claim to fame, too.

Of course I've never went through a ****ing windshield either...

Hogan11
05-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Broken nose, several deep bruises and currently a torn rotator cuff.

Hotrod
05-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Broken nose, several deep bruises and currently a torn rotator cuff.

Wow way to go Sassy ^5

kamakazi_kal
05-07-2009, 04:08 PM
full reconstruction of my left shoulder.........good ol' dirtbikes.

Boobs McGee
05-07-2009, 09:34 PM
okay, here we go...

Drank paint that I thought was tomato juice (apparently my mom said I loved tomato juice) when I was real young. Nice and lead based, yummy. Almost died.

Fell backwards down an escalator when I was 6, punched a bunch of holes in the back of my skull.

Through a wooden fence on my bike when I was around 7, torn miniscus.

Lots of horse related injuries...bit (almost took off my pointer finger), kicked (broken ribs), stepped on (fractured foot), bucked off (broken wrist).

Dove into the shallow end of a pool while smiling at a girl lifeguard, who was gorgeous, didn't judge where I was at and seperated my shoulder, fracturing the growth plates underneath.

Compressed disks freshman year in highschool from a senior shoving the metal tackling dummy at my head in a blocking drill for football.

broken knuckles on my right hand from dropping weights on top of them in gym.

Nose breaks, one from a fight and one from a boxing thing called fight night up in winter park.

Stress fractures in both feet from sand volleyball and softball.

dislocated shoulder (excellent idea for the thread by the way broncoman) last week from diving back into first trying to tag up haha.

MANY MORE but I'm seriously gonna sound like an idiot.

My parents never thought I'd make it past ten. I'm literally the clumsiest person on earth.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-07-2009, 09:36 PM
I never get hurt. I've broken one bone, a rib, when my brother and I were wrestling. Other than twisted ankles and a hernia, I've done alright.

Now diseases, well I basically catch anything and everything.

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/1586/aidsinafricaki1.jpg

GreatBronco16
05-07-2009, 09:39 PM
I've been pretty durable so far over the years.

1. My brother hit me in the head with a ball bat when I was about 5 that split my eyebrow wide open.

2. Last year I tore my hamstring while playing softball with my company.

I've had lots of nicks and bruises, but I've never broken a bone in my body. (knock on wood)

Tombstone RJ
05-07-2009, 09:48 PM
I broke my pride skiing last January... yah, it hurts.

footstepsfrom#27
05-07-2009, 10:06 PM
okay, here we go...

Drank paint that I thought was tomato juice (apparently my mom said I loved tomato juice) when I was real young. Nice and lead based, yummy. Almost died.

Fell backwards down an escalator when I was 6, punched a bunch of holes in the back of my skull.

Through a wooden fence on my bike when I was around 7, torn miniscus.

Lots of horse related injuries...bit (almost took off my pointer finger), kicked (broken ribs), stepped on (fractured foot), bucked off (broken wrist).

Dove into the shallow end of a pool while smiling at a girl lifeguard, who was gorgeous, didn't judge where I was at and seperated my shoulder, fracturing the growth plates underneath.

Compressed disks freshman year in highschool from a senior shoving the metal tackling dummy at my head in a blocking drill for football.

broken knuckles on my right hand from dropping weights on top of them in gym.

Nose breaks, one from a fight and one from a boxing thing called fight night up in winter park.

Stress fractures in both feet from sand volleyball and softball.

dislocated shoulder (excellent idea for the thread by the way broncoman) last week from diving back into first trying to tag up haha.

MANY MORE but I'm seriously gonna sound like an idiot.

My parents never thought I'd make it past ten. I'm literally the clumsiest person on earth.
I feel better.

bronco610
05-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Here goes,
Born with a hernia, operated on using ether to put me to sleep at 6 weeks old.

Cut left index finger half way thru bone at 8 with butcher knife. Dad fixed with splint and duct tape ( true story).

Three bicycle accidents landing on my face or head, after 3rd got concussion and required plastic surgery to my face.

Little league baseball caught one in the mouth, 16 stitches.

Little britches rodeo, broken wrist and ankle, horse rolled on me.

3rd degree burn on left arm picking up log that was still smoldering.

Cracked collar bone and concussion in high school, shelf colapsed and gallon can of ketchup fell on me at work.

Torn ligaments in right ankle jumping out of back of pick up as adult.

Two torn rotator cuffs one each arm, I'm good for one throw.

Transmission fellon my head and left nasty gash.

Cut same index finger half way thru bone again with machetti trimming tree, fixed with duct tape again.

Two major back surgeries, no discs left in my lower back.

That pretty much coveres it.

BroncoMan4ever
05-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Cut left index finger half way thru bone at 8 with butcher knife. Dad fixed with splint and duct tape ( true story).

Damn did he at least pour some Robitusin on it?

bronco610
05-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Naw, I was a tough kid.

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 09:38 AM

hahahahah let that tussin sink down to the bone, all nice and deep like. ahhh yeah the tussin.

Boobs McGee
05-08-2009, 09:42 AM
I feel better.

that's what I'm here for haha :strong:

Los Broncos
05-08-2009, 09:43 AM

Get that Tussin in there!

gyldenlove
05-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Suck it biatches, never broken a bone!

55CrushEm
05-08-2009, 10:30 AM
My worst injury was dislocating my right knee.......that's right.....DISLOCATED my knee. My leg was bent in a "L" in the wrong direction.

The only other person that I've EVER heard of doing that is Robert Edwards of the New England Patriots. Knee dislocations just don't happen....

The best knee surgeon at Mass General in Boston told me it was the "worst knee injury I've ever seen"....and that it looked like "a grenade had gone off" in my knee. I tore everything....complete tears of the ACL, MCL, PCL....the LCL was in tact.....shattered meniscus. Oh yeah.....he also said "basically, the only thing holding your lower leg to your upper leg is the skin"......

Miraculously the femoral artery did NOT tear.....otherwise, he said there would have been a 50/50 chance I'd be an amputee.....

The fact that I can even walk without a limp is amazing to me.....very lucky.

BowlenBall
05-08-2009, 10:53 AM
1. Worst injury (as far as pain) was a dislocated right shoulder while playing football my senior year. It was out of socket for a good 2-3 hours before they finally took x-rays and popped it back into place. It would pop out at odd times for the next several years, but a steady regimen of weight lifting seems to keep it under control now. Terrible pain, though -- I wouldn't wish it on anybody. And I still, to this day, can't do pull-ups....

2. Broken collar bone, right shoulder blade, and 3 ribs in a car accident when I was 12. Was knocked unconcious for several minutes, and was loopy for the rest of the night, so the initial memories are pretty hazy. I do remember being pretty miserable for a month afterwards though, while the bones were mending. Pretty bad, but the dislocated shoulder blade was worse.

3. Stepped on a nail and had it go all the way through my foot and out the top when I was 7 years old. Funnily enough, I don't have any memories of the pain, just a disgusting image of the nail point sticking out.

BowlenBall
05-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Suck it biatches, never broken a bone!

You need to get out more....:poke:

24champ
05-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I never really got injured until I started playing peewee and bantam hockey,the levels where hitting is allowed. I got moved up to Bantam when I was 12...

Injury list-

Cracked skull hitting head on the ice, stayed in the hospital for 2 days and was out of hockey for 2 months.

Broken foot, it wasn't originally broken but after I kept playing hockey on it got worse and eventually the doc told me it needs a cast and I need to sit out for awhile.

Broken wrist, got slashed. Initially some pain but a few minutes later when I attempted my wrist shot, it hurt like hell. Put a cast on it and I was back out there.

Cracked rib, my stick got caught in between the boards (anyone that played hockey knows what I'm talking about) and someone from behind checked me and I went right into my stick, ribs got the stick, felt like I got stabbed.

Got some sprained ankles and bruises playing football, basketball.

footstepsfrom#27
05-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Forgot one...age 15; set my hand on fire and nearly blew off a finger lighting a short fuse cherry bomb...also took a bunch of gravel in the knee playing parking lot soccer at 12...doc dug it out with tweezers and poured iodine in it...that thing definittely hurt.

Listening to some of this...i feel pretty lucky so far. ;D

Derger_Louis
05-08-2009, 11:15 AM
- Attacked by a cougar at the age of 5 in Arizona.. The cougar came from behind me and jumped on me and started dragging me off with my head in his mouth. My dad jumped off a small cliff above us and threw a rock which hit and scared the cougar and it dropped me.. My ear was torn off, only hanging by a shred of skin and his teeth pierced my brain. Over 100 stitches on my head and they sewed my ear back on and I made a full recovery. Worst part was getting rabie shots!!
- hyper extended right elbow playing football and my funny bone popped off.
- broke right arm and right hand playing football on different occasions.
- have kholers disease which means I didn't have enough blood flow in my feet making my bones soft.. Since I was very active growing up, I smashed all my bones in my feet, particulary my navicular bone. Have had 3 surgeries to fuse my bones together in order to try to give me an arch. Have had a total of 15 skrews and 5 plates in my feet as well as bone from my hip. To this day, still can't run and am very limited with physical activities.

Drunk Monkey
05-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Torn ACL playing HS football the day before we went full pads. Tore it again 8 months later during offseason workouts. Tore it again playing Rugby in collage. I have had a grand total of 3 major knee reconstructions and 2 minor meniscus issues. My right knee is now held together with rubber bands and duck tape. From here on out it is no contact sports with minimal lateral movement. Rehab sucks!!!

Drunk Monkey
05-08-2009, 11:33 AM
- Attacked by a cougar at the age of 5 in Arizona.. The cougar came from behind me and jumped on me and started dragging me off with my head in his mouth. My dad jumped off a small cliff above us and threw a rock which hit and scared the cougar and it dropped me.. My ear was torn off, only hanging by a shred of skin and his teeth pierced my brain. Over 100 stitches on my head and they sewed my ear back on and I made a full recovery. Worst part was getting rabie shots!!
- have kholers disease which means I didn't have enough blood flow in my feet making my bones soft.. Since I was very active growing up, I smashed all my bones in my feet, particulary my navicular bone. Have had 3 surgeries to fuse my bones together in order to try to give me an arch. Have had a total of 15 skrews and 5 plates in my feet as well as bone from my hip. To this day, still can't run and am very limited with physical activities.

Holy ****!!!! you get mauled by a cougar and the worst part is the rabies shot.

BowlenBall
05-08-2009, 11:34 AM

Yeah... those cougar attacks can be rough... but the rabies shots are absolutely necessary....

http://notsomotivational.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/cougars-buy-her-a-drink.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
i forgot one. My cousin and I were working on his car when I was 13. I was replacing the fan belt and my jackass cousin started the car when my hand was still on the fan belt and my hand got pulled by the fan belt and tore of most of the skin and nail on my pointer finger all the way down to the knuckle

Derger_Louis
05-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Holy ****!!!! you get mauled by a cougar and the worst part is the rabies shot.

I went into shock as soon as he grabbed me so I don't remember anything from the attack.. Rabie shots hurt like hell and made me extremely sick.. I couldn't walk after getting them. They were horrible!

gunns
05-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Sprained my wrist ice skating, only broken bone I've had is my little toe playing tag with my kids barefooted and rammed into one of my kids, toe snapped. My kids made up for my lack of broken bones though.

Had kidney stones, one the largest they'd ever seen, but whoever says that pain is worse than labor is nuts. Been skiing since I was 3 and have never had an injury, except a bad sunburn.

BroncoMan4ever
05-13-2009, 02:10 AM

where the hell were you that you got mauled by a cougar? i have to ask so i don't go there

Blueflame
05-13-2009, 02:14 AM
where the hell were you that you got mauled by a cougar? i have to ask so i don't go there

Here in northeastern Washington state, a cougar mauled a 5-year-old near Sullivan Lake a few years back. I think his post said Arizona, though.

Broncoman13
05-13-2009, 05:43 AM
It would be a rather long list if I were to start with my first broken bone (a broken left radius and ulna playing with the "big kids" when I was four years old playing with the 2nd graders in the park), so I'll just start and end with the one I'm currently working on...

As most of you know I was in the Air Force. In 98 I was in Singapore for Commando Sling, a TDY of sorts. Fun times, hotter than shiat... actually more humid than Houston if that is possible. Anyhow, we had to lower a fuel tank manually (from and F-15). We're talking about 600 gallons fully fueled or roughly 4000 lbs. Lucky for me we were able to transfer most of the fuel into the Centerline, mains, and other external fuel tanks. Unfortunately, we didn't have access to fuel trucks at certain times of the day making it necessary to try and lower a tank with a lot of fuel left in it. So about 8 people get under this tank to lower it to a scissor dolly. I have the nose and I am braced under it ready to support my share. But, as soon as the tank is released everyone is surprised by the weight left in that tank. Probably still around 2000 lbs including the weight of the tank, but the real bummer and surprise was the scissor dolly couldn't support the weight and collapsed. I was the only one left holding the thing and the only thing that saved me was the fuel rushing to the aft end so that the tank didn't completely crush me.

Long story short, I had a compression fracture in my lumbar area of my spine. L3-L4 or something like that. VA finally called me on Monday to tell me that they confirmed a wedge fracture in my back after they took x-rays last Friday.

A few others without stories... Broken ankle playing Basketball at Tyndall, AFB. Several dislocated fingers playing basketball. Stitches from Baseball once and Basketball (loose connection on that one). Broken wrist playing football. Broken Scapula and dislocated shoulder, similar to Hotrod... but I got ran over by a jet ski instead of a boat. Broken back storied above. And, my personal favorites... three broken hands, all the 5th Metacarpal... Funny story to go along with one of those as well. ;D I'm also fairly sure I've broken my ankle a few other times and my tailbone a time or two. Fingers a few times as well. Not as bad as Torry Holt's, but you can tell I've played a little ball in my time.

loborugger
05-13-2009, 06:52 AM

While that is pretty astonishing, it needs to improve with the age.

"Granddad, Granddad, tell us about the time you fought off a tiger with a toothbrush and an ice pick!"

loborugger
05-13-2009, 06:55 AM
While I wasnt mauled by a wild beast, I was mauled by a St Bernard the summer before I turned 3. I spent 3 days in the hospital, and have over 100 stitches from it. Oddly enough, even thou this happened in the early 70s, I still remember parts of it vividly.

Then there was a spring day in the 90s when I turned a knee playing rugby in college. shredded my knee and sent my knee cap down into my shin. That was a fun kinda pain. Sad thing was, I wasnt contacted by anyone. I just caught my foot on a sprinkler on field while throwing a rubber chicken move on the other guy.

CSU Husker
05-13-2009, 06:58 AM
Fell into toilet and broke my foot.

alkemical
05-13-2009, 07:06 AM
5yrs old. I slipped off the bumper of my parents parked car, and fell on a piece of metal from the fender. I received my first initial on my stomach. I was one of the first kids to get dissolving stitches on your insides in the pueblo area. I saw my own stomach (as in the organ).

12 - was going down a large steep hill on my bike. I hit a bump at the bottom of the hill and lost it. I took a few 1" chunks out of my arms.

12 - Fell into a campfire, no real injury (but it sets the stage)

13 - broke my arm by falling off of a tree stump.

13 - knocked myself out with my own broken arm, falling down a flight of steps

15 - got into a fight and received a nice concussion. Two of the three in the fight were kicking me - the other was choked out on the ground.

16 - got "impaled" by a 7" piece of wood. The doctor called it a splinter...but he had to cut it out.

16 - nasty knee injury on left knee during vollyball

17 - nasty injury to right knee during basketball

17 - hurt left knee again by falling on a patch of ice

19 - hand went through a piece of glass. I saw the bones, veins, ligaments in my hand. I ripped the hell out of the skin, but luckily no major damage. I washed it down, wrapped it up and drove to the hospital. It was my right hand...i drove stick.

Since then, just minor stuff.

Lycan
05-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Let's see...

Broken Knee - PeeWee Football

Broken Ankle - (I still don't know how that happened)

For some reason when I was about 3 years old or so I decided it would be a good Idea to touch a hot iron. Pretty bad burn.

Stepped on a rusty nail when I was about 5 or 6, don't really remember it to much, but I do remember it hurt.

And about 30 total stitches in my head over the course of my childhood. (My head was to big for my body. If I fell, which I did quite a lot, I fell straight down on my head)

And that is pretty much it for me, thankfully.

ElwayMD
05-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Broken Thumb
Shot in the head with a BB (pulled it out myself probably not the best idea)
Torn MCL

Other than that I've been pain free.

Traveler
05-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Only two major injuries:

1. Split my nut sack when I was a kid. Anyone remember when the storm drains used to be metal. They had cutouts in them that allowed the rain water to drain into the sewers. :holyguac!

Long story short, I was riding my 10-speed when the front tire got caught in one of the cutouts causing me to slide forward off the seat and onto the bike frame. Surgery was performed to sew up my sack. All is well!:thumbs:

2. Almost had leg amputated while in the Army. Total knee replacement, shredded ACL, PCL, Meniscus, fracture of my shin bone. Only thing holding my lower leg together was my skin. All this happened while playing football during All American Week at Fort Bragg in 1986.

Seven years of rehab and 9 operations later, only way to tell I had the injuries are the massive scars and new knee hardware.:yayaya:

TailgateNut
05-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Wow, where do I start.

Early 70's: German Shepherd tried to have me for lunch. 41 puncture holes in left arm and left leg.

High school: 2 broken fingers playing football and one broken finger rolling one of those projector carts down the hall and someone opened one of those 200#doors crushing my finger between the door and cart.

Late 70s: Two crushed disks in my spine due to an Autorotation failure.
Almost lost my eyesight due to Jet fuel "blow-out" at a remote fueling station in Korea.

Early nineties: Three fractured lateral process bones in my back while skiing the East wall at Arapahoe Basin.
Fractured ankle while playing Soccer.
Triple spiral break of my right thumb when some hoodlums tried
to rob us in Denver.

..and last but not least: A broken heart when Jay was chased out of Denver.Hilarious!

TailgateNut
05-13-2009, 10:06 AM
It would be a rather long list if I were to start with my first broken bone (a broken left radius and ulna playing with the "big kids" when I was four years old playing with the 2nd graders in the park), so I'll just start and end with the one I'm currently working on...

As most of you know I was in the Air Force. In 98 I was in Singapore for Commando Sling, a TDY of sorts. Fun times, hotter than shiat... actually more humid than Houston if that is possible. Anyhow, we had to lower a fuel tank manually (from and F-15). We're talking about 600 gallons fully fueled or roughly 4000 lbs. Lucky for me we were able to transfer most of the fuel into the Centerline, mains, and other external fuel tanks. Unfortunately, we didn't have access to fuel trucks at certain times of the day making it necessary to try and lower a tank with a lot of fuel left in it. So about 8 people get under this tank to lower it to a scissor dolly. I have the nose and I am braced under it ready to support my share. But, as soon as the tank is released everyone is surprised by the weight left in that tank. Probably still around 2000 lbs including the weight of the tank, but the real bummer and surprise was the scissor dolly couldn't support the weight and collapsed. I was the only one left holding the thing and the only thing that saved me was the fuel rushing to the aft end so that the tank didn't completely crush me.

Long story short, I had a compression fracture in my lumbar area of my spine. L3-L4 or something like that. VA finally called me on Monday to tell me that they confirmed a wedge fracture in my back after they took x-rays last Friday.

A few others without stories... Broken ankle playing Basketball at Tyndall, AFB. Several dislocated fingers playing basketball. Stitches from Baseball once and Basketball (loose connection on that one). Broken wrist playing football. Broken Scapula and dislocated shoulder, similar to Hotrod... but I got ran over by a jet ski instead of a boat. Broken back storied above. And, my personal favorites... three broken hands, all the 5th Metacarpal... Funny story to go along with one of those as well. ;D I'm also fairly sure I've broken my ankle a few other times and my tailbone a time or two. Fingers a few times as well. Not as bad as Torry Holt's, but you can tell I've played a little ball in my time.

I know of an awesome Spinal Surgeon. Dr Michael Janssen. Center for Spinal disorders in Thornton. I would let Va Drs ever touch my spine again. They cleared me after my Huey crash and I suffered for over a decade after leaving the service.

bowtown
05-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Only two major injuries:

1. Split my nut sack when I was a kid. Anyone remember when the storm drains used to be metal. They had cutouts in them that allowed the rain water to drain into the sewers. :holyguac!

Long story short, I was riding my 10-speed when the front tire got caught in one of the cutouts causing me to slide forward off the seat and onto the bike frame. Surgery was performed to sew up my sack. All is well!:thumbs:

Winner! Mauled by a cougar has nothing on that.

Chris
05-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Broke my leg when i was dropped as a child

Broke my collarbone playing rugby in secondary school

Pinched three nerves in my back... last week! Fun times!

BroncoMan4ever
05-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Only two major injuries:

you're lucky you didn't slice your nuts off. and only ripped your sack

i just got a flash of the movie Kingpin. i can't find a video clip for that scene though

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/36985/I-think-I-tore-my-sack

pokenation
05-13-2009, 04:20 PM
well lets see...

at 4 i stepped on a needle and had to have it surgically removed
at 12 shattered my knee cap playing baseball.
at 13 broke my writs playing basketball.
at 17 broke two fingers playing football.
at 19 tore my ACL playing basketball.
at 21 split my lip and broke my two front teeth out, trying to catch a hatchet that i was throwing into the air, as i laid on the couch. (drunk)
at 26 had hernia surgery.
at 28 tore same ACL playing flag football.
at 30 got married - DON'T WORRY I'LL LIVE.....only thing hurt was my pocket book.
AT 31 put a fillet knife through my hand....only a couple of stiches...remember "a sharp knife is a safe knife" LOL
at 33 tripped over the lawn mower and fell on top of it.....45 stiches (in the front of my calf muscle) later i have a great scar.
at 35 slipped on the ice chasing a bad guy and broke my left scapula, three compression fractures in my spine and two herniated discs. this one is still in the process of healing.

TheReverend
05-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Winner! Mauled by a cougar has nothing on that.

Premature announcement.

I was mauled by a cougar and had my nutsack ripped open by his claws.

BroncoLifer
05-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Broken bones - none.
Stitches - none.
Teeth knocked out - none.
Surgeries - none.

Active life - yes.

Some of you people are fragile.

Archer81
05-13-2009, 05:21 PM
I think I tore scar tissue in my ankle the other day...oddly enough...feels better.

:Broncos:

Dr. Broncenstein
05-13-2009, 06:09 PM
I chipped a tooth once...

It happened when I ate a train piece by piece... after I derailed it with my penis. It was for charity...

broncosteven
05-13-2009, 06:44 PM
I chipped a tooth once...

It happened when I ate a train piece by piece... after I derailed it with my penis. It was for charity...

Pussy

alkemical
05-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Premature announcement.

I was mauled by a cougar and had my nutsack ripped open by his claws.

You got divorced?