PDA

View Full Version : Is this what you want when you call 911?

BABronco
05-07-2009, 08:21 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VdIE0UGU60k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VdIE0UGU60k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TailgateNut
05-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Cue Fla. Bronco!

Kaylore
05-07-2009, 08:40 AM
That dude should get fired.

vancejohnson82
05-07-2009, 08:42 AM

without a doubt...and he should be sued for reckless endangerment (or something like that)....what if somebody died while he was on profanity patrol?

BABronco
05-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Cue Fla. Bronco!

Haha just what I was thinking.

Fla Bronco "The bitch should have remained calm. The officer was not in the wrong. Just stay calm watch your mouth.. maybe play with his balls a little then you can get your ambulance."

Fusionfrontman
05-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Whoa....that's horrendous. Cam't imagine what the girl and her family had to go through. Unbelieveable.

Pseudofool
05-07-2009, 08:47 AM
What a dick. Jesus.

Sassy
05-07-2009, 08:50 AM
That's insane...what if her dad would have died.

BABronco
05-07-2009, 08:54 AM
That's insane...what if her dad would have died.

If he had died I would hope he would be charged with murder or manslaughter.

Donk
05-07-2009, 08:58 AM
What a bitch! Sure the cop was wrong. But the stupid girl acted like she was more important then her father.

gyldenlove
05-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Was that cop PMSing?

TailgateNut
05-07-2009, 09:03 AM
What a b****! Sure the cop was wrong. But the stupid girl acted like she was more important then her father.

WTF??? The cop was a dick from the beginning. So ****ING what if she was cursing, and how was she acting like she was more important than her father?

Pseudofool
05-07-2009, 09:06 AM
What a b****! Sure the cop was wrong. But the stupid girl acted like she was more important then her father.

Really?

Does your response change if she's a man, or if the cop is a woman. This response has an underbelly of misogyny to it.

ak1971
05-07-2009, 09:10 AM
He should have sent a SWAT team over to the house and shot her.

Pseudofool
05-07-2009, 09:21 AM
He should have sent a SWAT team over to the house and shot her.
He practically did, calling her hostile to the trooper who was suppose to go to the house.

ak1971
05-07-2009, 09:24 AM
He practically did, calling her hostile to the trooper who was suppose to go to the house.

He had every right to. I may have called in an airstrike too.

Donk
05-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Really?

Does your response change if she's a man, or if the cop is a woman. This response has an underbelly of misogyny to it.

No... man or woman.

The caller should have said "my father is down" and fought with the ahole cop later.

The caller never gave 911 any idea what the problem was.

Sassy
05-07-2009, 09:30 AM
The officer never even gave her a chance to explain...he just started ragging on her for swearing.

BABronco
05-07-2009, 09:31 AM
No... man or woman.

The caller should have said "my father is down" and fought with the ahole cop later.

Thats cause the dick hung up 2x before she could.

Pseudofool
05-07-2009, 09:31 AM
No... man or woman.

The caller of course is a minor who is not trained and what to do. The onus falls on the officer to get the info he needs. Unless you are forgetting, the cop HUNG UP on her several times.

bronco610
05-07-2009, 09:32 AM
She said she needed an ambulance. Thats all the idiot needed to know. Hes not God, its not his job to judge her. Send an ambulance.

Sassy
05-07-2009, 09:33 AM
He's suppose to be the trained professional. In this case, he was anything but...

BABronco
05-07-2009, 09:36 AM
I think we are also missing the fact that she later went to the police station to inform them what was happening and then got arrested for "misusing 911"

Donk
05-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Really?

misogyny

You sent me to the Dictionary.

No misogyny however I would bet this girl always wants to be on top.

ak1971
05-07-2009, 09:39 AM
screw that..she should have emailed him a detailed report along with the call. Being hysterical is unacceptable when something bad is happening. I hope a judge can give her 7 to 10

Los Broncos
05-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Where I'm from 911 means something else :)

TheReverend
05-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Apparently they keep their very finest working the phones...

That guy needs to get locked up, not fired.

Pseudofool
05-07-2009, 09:45 AM
No misogyny however I would bet this girl always wants to be on top.Irony?

The guy sounds way more Alpha-type personality than girl did. She had every reason to be freaked out and dominant.

DomCasual
05-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Swearing is a scourge on our society. I see this as a shot across the bow for this little girl. She needs to understand that swearing will not be tolerated. I think 30 days in the hole will send the message just fine.

ak1971
05-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Swearing is a scourge on our society. I see this as a shot across the bow for this little girl. She needs to understand that swearing will not be tolerated. I think 30 days in the hole will send the message just fine.

I agree. maybe 90 days for swearing at public official.

Pseudofool
05-07-2009, 09:53 AM

Public flogging could be necessary if we really want to make progress on this issue.

bronco610
05-07-2009, 09:53 AM

Yeah, **** the little B****.

Oh Wait.......

ak1971
05-07-2009, 09:54 AM
The police officer should have tased her the moment she showed up at the station. Its obvious she was a risk to public safety and needed to be brought down.

Florida_Bronco
05-07-2009, 09:56 AM

I agree.

Haha just what I was thinking.

Fla Bronco "The b**** should have remained calm. The officer was not in the wrong. Just stay calm watch your mouth.. maybe play with his balls a little then you can get your ambulance."

That's laughable, to say the least. :spit:

Beantown Bronco
05-07-2009, 09:57 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p1C76rachow&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p1C76rachow&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheReverend
05-07-2009, 09:57 AM

Co-signed.

**** her.

Ha!

Dudeskey
05-07-2009, 09:59 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYx94ZW3ato&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYx94ZW3ato&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

footstepsfrom#27
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm surprised they'd have uniformed officers working the 911 phones. Here they have department employees trained as 911 dispatch but they're not cops. Those people are incredible and they do an amazing job handling thousands of emergency calls under all kinds of high stress situations. The fact that this guy is going to "get training" tells me he wasn't properly trained for this job to begin with. He was WAY out of bounds. They ought to look at why a street cop is on the phone to begin with.

Florida_Bronco
05-07-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm surprised they'd have uniformed officers working the 911 phones. Here they have department employees trained as 911 dispatch but they're not cops. Those people are incredible and they do an amazing job handling thousands of emergency calls under all kinds of high stress situations. The fact that this guy is going to "get training" tells me he wasn't properly trained for this job to begin with. He was WAY out of bounds. They ought to look at why a street cop is on the phone to begin with.

I was wondering that as well. It's not unheard for paramedics or EMT's to end up on 911 sometimes, but cops? That's a new one to me.

Majik
05-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Nothing sounds more ignorant than a foul mouth woman.

DenverBrit
05-07-2009, 10:31 AM

Yeah, especially when her father is dying on the floor.

Sassy
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM

I'd be swearing to if I had an emergency and couldn't get 911 to listen!

DomCasual
05-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Somehow, the title of this thread keeps reminding me of Walter with a crowbar:

"This is what happens when you **** a stranger in the ass!"

BAM!

BAM!

BAM!

Pseudofool
05-07-2009, 10:43 AM
If the chick was a man, none of these guys (nor the cop) would be complaining out her foul-mouthed-ness. It's really beyond the pale.

TheReverend
05-07-2009, 10:48 AM
If the chick was a man, none of these guys (nor the cop) would be complaining out her foul-mouthed-ness. It's really beyond the pale.

I'd like to think no one is serious about complaining about her language in an emergency situation.

Pseudofool
05-07-2009, 10:58 AM
I'd like to think no one is serious about complaining about her language in an emergency situation.
Some are clearly joking, but tehre are few who seem to have a serious tone.

Killericon
05-07-2009, 11:06 AM
This has got to be the strangest thread ever. "Swearing is a scourge on society." ??

Also, he should be fired.

ak1971
05-07-2009, 11:26 AM

Im totally offended

DomCasual
05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
This has got to be the strangest thread ever. "Swearing is a scourge on society." ??

Also, he should be fired.

It is a scourge on society. All the problems in our society - the drugs, the violence, the fans of the Dodgers - all of it! - start with swearing. People need to speak of wholesome, uplifting things.

Why, right now, I have a song in my heart! Actually, there have been a few. The timeless "Don't Worry, Be Happy," by the vastly under-appreciated Bobby McFerrin is one. The other is the upbeat, joyous anthem entitled "Shiny, Happy People," by the zany B-52s. I don't know why, but I just keep thinking of those.

I'm thinking of starting a clothing line. The slogan (which will be put on each item of clothing) is "I care, so I don't swear!"

SonOfLe-loLang
05-07-2009, 11:36 AM
I cant believe anyone here is coming to the cop's defense. She cursed while she saw her father seizing on the ground 3 weeks after BRAIN SURGERY. Oh no, she said "****" what will the world ever do???? God, i'm becoming such a misanthrope. There is no hope for humanity. We are completely awful to eachother and no one bats an eye...but if someone curses? god forbid

SonOfLe-loLang
05-07-2009, 11:37 AM
It is a scourge on society. All the problems in our society - the drugs, the violence, the fans of the Dodgers - all of it! - start with swearing. People need to speak of wholesome, uplifting things.

Why, right now, I have a song in my heart! Actually, there have been a few. The timeless "Don't Worry, Be Happy," by the vastly under-appreciated Bobby McFerrin is one. The other is the upbeat, joyous anthem entitled "Shiny, Happy People," by the zany B-52s. I don't know why, but I just keep thinking of those.

I'm thinking of starting a clothing line. The slogan (which will be put on each item of clothing) is "I care, so I don't swear!"

Are you being serious? Drugs and violence start with swearing? It starts with slow brain evolution and the natural human inclination to guide themselves towards fear, whcih causes us to be an ahole to each other. Swearing, hmmm.

DomCasual
05-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Are you being serious? Drugs and violence start with swearing? It starts with slow brain evolution and the natural human inclination to guide themselves towards fear, whcih causes us to be an ahole to each other. Swearing, hmmm.

Here's a little song I wrote. You might want to sing note by note...

Pseudofool
05-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Here's a little song I wrote. You might want to sing note by note...
Using signing as code for sarcasm is likely to fly pass peoples heads I think. :)

Beantown Bronco
05-07-2009, 11:49 AM

The batteries are clearly dead in your sarcasm button. You're supposed to check them every 6 months, you know.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Oh sorry, i often don't give people the benefit of the doubt here with sarcasm because, more often than not, they arent being sarcastic. Re-reading your post with a sarcastic tone, makes it funny:) Preach on brotha. I'm the a-hole:)

cutthemdown
05-07-2009, 11:50 AM
You can just tell that cop is a jerk. Also he's a bad police officer so he should be fired. It makes no sense to pay guys 60 grand a yr when they stink at their job. The first rule of public service is customer service. They forget sometimes they are here for the citizens not the other way around. Sure they have a tough job but arguing with a 911 caller not the job of police. They are not supposed to judge people, only enforce the law and serve the public.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Actually, you know whats funny, i saw you were from Salt Lake and i think thats why i assumed you were beign serious. I have a couple of mormon friends who do think swearing is the be all end all:) So im an ahole for assuming too:)

want2bAbronco2
05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
unlike the last one, this one is 100% on the cop. No reason to act like that. Was good to hear he got 14 days without pay and training. Don't think he should loose his job, but if it happens again he should.

cutthemdown
05-07-2009, 11:58 AM
You would think the cop would say, calm down, tell me your problem and location, then send the emergency crew. It's unbelievable he decided it was time for a lecture and then hung up on her. He should already be fired. The fact he isn't just shows that Cops IMO should not be unionized. They should be like doctors, not able to strike. It needs to be easier to fire bad cops.

The should be considered professionals not blue collar.

cutthemdown
05-07-2009, 12:00 PM
unlike the last one, this one is 100% on the cop. No reason to act like that. Was good to hear he got 14 days without pay and training. Don't think he should loose his job, but if it happens again he should.

Actually you could see him lying and spinning the situation when he called other people. A cop who will lie to his fellow cops will also lie on reports, to lawyers, to judges. If I did the hiring for the Dept I would have seen enough. This dude is a turd get rid of him.

They should go back and see all the times citizens swore he was lying but they believed him because he's a cop.

Donk
05-07-2009, 01:01 PM
What I don’t understand.
What is a sixty grand a year sergeant with twenty years on the force doing answering 911 calls? Did someone not show up, was he being punished?
Did he have any training in that field?

Kaylore
05-07-2009, 01:07 PM
How can anyone argue that this girl overacted? It's the freaking 911 number. People who usually call don't call all calm and collected and the guys doing that should expect hysteria. This chick's dad was laying convulsing on the floor and she's a teenage girl. 90% of the teenage girls I know freak out when a spider is in their bathroom. This girls Dad appeared to be dying and we're supposed to be hard on her for swearing? This guy should be fired. He could have cost someone their life.

DHallblows
05-07-2009, 01:13 PM

Nothing sounds more ignorant than Majik

alkemical
05-07-2009, 01:16 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/urdKYYTLU74&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/urdKYYTLU74&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SonOfLe-loLang
05-07-2009, 01:31 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/urdKYYTLU74&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/urdKYYTLU74&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Eels is very underappreciated if ya ask me

alkemical
05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Eels is very underappreciated if ya ask me

I bought the greatest hits or whatever it was. Cuz i heard a few songs and thought they were alright, and i was in the mood for something new...

They really surprised me. I didn't expect them to be as good as they were. Will i always listen to them, etc... no - but i can lift several high quality songs that just about anyone will enjoy.

Railroad man and dirty girl are two of my personal favs by them. Others i enjoy, but those two hit it for me.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-07-2009, 01:36 PM
I bought the greatest hits or whatever it was. Cuz i heard a few songs and thought they were alright, and i was in the mood for something new...

They really surprised me. I didn't expect them to be as good as they were. Will i always listen to them, etc... no - but i can lift several high quality songs that just about anyone will enjoy.

Railroad man and dirty girl are two of my personal favs by them. Others i enjoy, but those two hit it for me.

I love Last Stop:this Town and Novacaine for the soul (at the moment those are my two fav:). Plus, listen to the Blinking Lights album all the way through...non stop. It's a great story through song.

alkemical
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
I love Last Stop:this Town and Novacaine for the soul (at the moment those are my two fav:). Plus, listen to the Blinking Lights album all the way through...non stop. It's a great story through song.

I'll check it out. Like i said, i feel a bit stagnant with music at this point. Probably means i just need to make some more of my own...

oubronco
05-07-2009, 02:00 PM
that dude needs his ass wooped and she is pretty hot

ZONA
05-07-2009, 02:27 PM
She cursed but never called the 911 operator any names. They should realize that people are calling at possibly the worst time of their life. I for one, would expect some language and some heated emotion from a caller. To hang up on them once is terms for a lengthy suspension. To hang up multiple times calls for his badge, and for her to go to the station right there they should have known something real was going on, and for them to arrest her, well that does call for a law suit. Period.

MVP-06
05-07-2009, 02:59 PM
this is as bad as the cop that gave that RB a ticket outside the hospital while a family member was dying

chaz
05-07-2009, 03:06 PM
this is as bad as the cop that gave that RB a ticket outside the hospital while a family member was dying

I'd say it's much worse. In this case, the cop had the responsibility to PREVENT a death. Nothing should be a higher priority

chaz
05-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Nothing sounds more ignorant than Majik

Truer words have never been spoken...

slyinky
05-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Like this "foul mouth woman"?

NSFW
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4SuYcf-eqi8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4SuYcf-eqi8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>