PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Want Old Levi 's

rugbythug
05-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Broncos may pursue Levi Jones

May 6, 2009 3:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson
Jones

A source close to the situation said the Denver Broncos are one of a handful of teams expressing interest in left tackle Levi Jones, who was cut by Cincinnati on Wednesday.

Denver would only pursue Jones as a backup. The team has Ryan Clady, who earned second-team All-Pro honors as a rookie in 2008. The Broncos are fairly thin at backup tackle.

Jones is a veteran and would be a strong insurance policy. Jones has only played left tackle so Denver would likely only be interested in him as a backup to Clady.

Jones wants to pursue starting jobs. He'd likely be more interested in potential openings in Buffalo or Detroit. If the Denver option becomes appealing to Jones, expect it to be down the road if the starting possibilities dry up.

Don't expect Oakland and Jones to come to an agreement. The Raiders have just signed Khalif Barnes to play left tackle. Jones and Barnes have the same agent.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Weird. though i suppose kicking the tires on a cheap back up option is ok to be an inactive on the 53? <shrug>

Gcver2ver3
05-06-2009, 01:38 PM
as long as it's not Wrangler...

MileHighMagic
05-06-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.schwimmerlegal.com/levis%20trade%20dress.jpg

kamakazi_kal
05-06-2009, 01:42 PM
can he play NT?

_Oro_
05-06-2009, 02:20 PM
I hope Josh phoned Clady about this one.

OBF1
05-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Just say no

Popps
05-06-2009, 03:02 PM
If the price is right, hell yea. I'd assume he could back up either tackle spot.

HUGE insurance policy if it works out. Think about when Lepsis went down and Pears had to start. Let's avoid that situation again, if at all possible.

oubronco
05-06-2009, 03:05 PM

Smmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

barryr
05-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Would be a good move for depth. Hopefully he'd never have to play though since that would mean injuries of course and just have to use him on the line for field goals and such.

broncofan2438
05-06-2009, 03:07 PM

That is one tight butt

chiefforlife
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM
He will have MANY starting opportunities in the league, I doubt he ends up as a back up.
I would love to see him on our right side.

watermock
05-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Maybe McDummy thinks he can get a first for Clady....

Br0nc0Buster
05-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah he isnt gonna come here to be a backup.

Plus I doubt he would even consider backup money.

Pass

bpc
05-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Sign Levi and see McDaniels trade Clady...

Then watch as all the Shanahan/Cutler haters talk him down...

"he got lucky only given up a .5 a sack... it really should have been 10. I saw Graham protecting him a lot and remember that holding call in the preseason?"

"HE AIN'T NO MATT LEPSIS!"

"Clady has never shown that he can carry the running game on his back... he's not a franchise LT."

"He looks like too much of a tyranosaurus to me... I wish he would do some curls. I DON'T LIKE HIM!"

We laugh but we've seen this posse turn on everything else this offseason, Ryan might as well be the next.

Natedogg
05-06-2009, 04:10 PM

MUNCH

Br0nc0Buster
05-06-2009, 05:39 PM

"he got lucky only given up a .5 a sack... it really should have been 10. I saw Graham protecting him a lot and remember that holding call in the preseason?"

"Clady has never shown that he can carry the running game on his back... he's not a franchise LT."

"He looks like too much of a tyranosaurus to me... I wish he would do some curls. I DON'T LIKE HIM!"

We laugh but we've seen this posse turn on everything else this offseason, Ryan might as well be the next.

I certainly hope your first 9,000 + posts are better than this one

SonOfLe-loLang
05-06-2009, 05:42 PM

Glad to get that out of your system?

Traveler
05-06-2009, 05:47 PM

BPC,

This is a little overdramatic for you. Are you okay man?

SouthStndJunkie
05-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Would love to see him sign with us....but he is still a quality starter and will not want to back up Clady.

ohiobronco2
05-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I refuse to make a decision until I see his Wonderlic score.

ohiobronco2
05-06-2009, 06:23 PM

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Moreno Knows Best
05-06-2009, 06:30 PM

They weren't.

broncosteven
05-06-2009, 06:40 PM

This is pretty dead on.

You forgot the part where Clady ends up being portrayed as a Crybaby.

Popps
05-07-2009, 12:10 AM
This is pretty dead on.

You forgot the part where Clady ends up being portrayed as a Crybaby.

The difference is, Clady... like most true pros, would probably realize it trades were part of the game. He wouldn't hide under his agent''s skirt, and force his way out of town like a a little bitch.

So, let's not mix real Broncos with douche-bags who didn't want to be here because they got a widdle emotional owie.

(Oh, and wanted a giant new contract for no apparent reason.)

Popps
05-07-2009, 12:14 AM

Funny, to me... the only whining pessimists around here seem to be people still stuck on Shanahan or Cutler. I really don't hear anyone "turning" on any current Broncos.

Shanahan got a lot of respect around here on his way out, for the most part. Even by those who thought it was time. Cutler deserved none, and can **** right off and rot in Chicago.

So, I think you have it flipped, bro.

I miss your quality posts, man. You and SoCal were two of my faves. Still love you guys, but it's just a bummer not to have real football analysis any more from you two.

Drek
05-07-2009, 04:10 AM
I'd bet the interest in Jones is more to find a suitable backup for Ryan Harris, who did miss his whole rookie year and was generally less effective his senior year of college versus his junior year as a result of significant back problems.

For OLs back issues can be a career ender. Harris played great last year but there's no guarantee he stays healthy.

Broncoman13
05-07-2009, 05:13 AM
I'd bet the interest in Jones is more to find a suitable backup for Ryan Harris, who did miss his whole rookie year and was generally less effective his senior year of college versus his junior year as a result of significant back problems.

For OLs back issues can be a career ender. Harris played great last year but there's no guarantee he stays healthy.

Ding, when I first started reading the thread I figured it was insurance for Harris, and then for Clady in the case of an unlikely injury. But then the back up only Clady thing through me for a loop. I rather get a 10 year journeyman that isn't likely to start for too many teams. Damn, the Raiders just signed Barnes, he would've been perfect. ;D

yerner
05-07-2009, 05:15 AM
I wonder if they would let him compete for one of the guard spots? I imagine hamilton is a bit small for mcdanny's liking. Be cool to have massive line.

Beej
05-07-2009, 06:29 AM

Quoted this so I can reference it on page 2. ;)

broncswin
05-07-2009, 07:33 AM

LMAO:giggle:

broncswin
05-07-2009, 07:36 AM

LET IT GO BRO!! Therapy is an option:thumbsup:

kamakazi_kal
05-07-2009, 07:39 AM
Maybe McDummy thinks he can get a first for Clady....

damn right ........ we need a dime DB

Traveler
05-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Funny, to me... the only whining pessimists around here seem to be people still stuck on Shanahan or Cutler. I really don't hear anyone "turning" on any current Broncos.

Shanahan got a lot of respect around here on his way out, for the most part. Even by those who thought it was time. Cutler deserved none, and can **** right off and rot in Chicago.

So, I think you have it flipped, bro.

I miss your quality posts, man. You and SoCal were two of my faves. Still love you guys, but it's just a bummer not to have real football analysis any more from you two.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii273/Papi728/422805c6.jpg

Kaylore
05-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Montrose mentioned to me that during an interview at one of the owner's meetings McDaniels said he would "entertain any trade offer" but also said "Now if they ask for Ryan Clady, I'm going to hang up the phone."

Tombstone RJ
05-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Montrose mentioned to me that during an interview at one of the owner's meetings McDaniels said he would "entertain any trade offer" but also said "Now if they ask for Ryan Clady, I'm going to hang up the phone."

At least there is one untouchable!

I freely admit I was wrong about last year's draft when I wanted a RB and told everyone that an LT was not as important as a great RB. Clady comes in and Cutler has the best year of his life passing for 4k+ yards.

Now we got Moreno. I can hardly wait...

gyldenlove
05-07-2009, 08:45 AM

Hehehe, he learned his lesson then? you don't HAVE to listen to every offer.