PDA

View Full Version : Very OT- What's Up with the Grocery WOrkers

rugbythug
05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
I mean get serious I worked in a Grocery Store. It's not that special. You take crap from the back put it in the Front and then take it to peoples car after they give you money. If Grocery Workers need to get a pat on the back why not Used Car Salesmen, Sanitation Workers, Prison Road Crews. They are adding as much to my life as my local clueless Albertsons Clerk.

The greatest Football Players play basketball. Shaq would have been the greatest Left tackle of all time. But made 1/10th the money. Lebron would be the greatest receiver ever.

That Dude Adam from American Idol makes me cringe. He is just straight enough to appeal to the Ladies, and Just Gay enough to appeal to the Dudes. And way to shinny for a Wyo Farm kid. Makes my eyes bleed. I hope that dude Danny wins.

OBF1
05-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Am I missing something???

Beantown Bronco
05-06-2009, 10:58 AM
I hope that dude Danny wins.

Every time Danny sings, I have flashbacks of this scene from 40 year old virgin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqMTkJjeqbI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqMTkJjeqbI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Am I the only single dude that will pick a longer line at the store if the check out chick is hot???

Beantown Bronco
05-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Am I the only single dude that will pick a longer line at the store if the check out chick is hot???

You don't have to be single for that to be the case.....so I've heard.

rugbythug
05-06-2009, 11:03 AM

When is the Check out chic Hot? You must live in a better Chic town than me.

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 11:03 AM
You don't have to be single for that to be the case.....so I've heard.

LOL

It never fails some fat ugly comes over and says "I can help you over here on 6" **** that I stick to my guns :)

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 11:04 AM

We are dealing in relative terms here.

rugbythug
05-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Am I missing something???

The Grocery Unions here in CO are Running all these Commercials about how cool grocery people are. They Coach softball, They have sex with kids for money. on and on. I personally am tired of it. They get paid better than the job they do. They should be happy with that.

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 11:29 AM
have we come up with an answer to this yet???

ZONA
05-06-2009, 11:38 AM
seriously, no............seriously

Lets all just pick multiple random topics to blab about and have them not even be closely related or give any reason to why we are posting such things.

I think I would have shot myself in the head before I got to a point in my life where I was so bored I had to actually come here and make a post like this one.

This post is more gay then Adam

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 11:39 AM
seriously, no............seriously

Lets all just pick multiple random topics to blab about and have them not even be closely related or give any reason to why we are posting such things.

I think I would have shot myself in the head before I got to a point in my life where I was so bored I had to actually come here and make a post like this one.

So are you for pickles or not???

DeuceOfClub
05-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Next time you're shopping at your local grocery store, do a little social experiment:
Place your items on the counter without the little plastic divider, before or after.
Kick back and look.

ZONA
05-06-2009, 11:49 AM
So are you for pickles or not???

Well, to go along with the theme of the thread (just picking random stuff to talk about for no apparent reason), I'd have to say

1) What's up with the parking lot attendants? Do they think they are special or something? I mean, they take your money and open a gate.

2) Soccer players could make awesome hacky sack players

3) I don't care who wins American Idol

ak1971
05-06-2009, 11:51 AM
did you know dortoh takes it in the chute?

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Well, to go along with the theme of the thread (just picking random stuff to talk about for no apparent reason), I'd have to say

1) What's up with the parking lot attendants? Do they think they are special or something? I mean, they take your money and open a gate.

2) Soccer players could make awesome hacky sack players

3) I don't care who wins American Idol

1. I wonder what the interview process is like for becoming a parking lot attendant?

2. Neither is a real sport

3. Is that crap still on television for real???

ak1971
05-06-2009, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=Dortoh;2409662]1. I wonder what the interview process is like for becoming a parking lot attendant?
do you smoke weed? y/n if yes..you are hired,can I have some?

bronco militia
05-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Ha! have we come up with an answer to this yet???

**** no, ya super douche.

go to the self check out and get the **** out of the store.

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 11:56 AM
did you know dortoh takes it in the chute?

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-pictures-cat-realizes-where-the-thermometer-goes.jpg

SureShot
05-06-2009, 12:01 PM

I think I have seen the girl you are talking about and yes.

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I think I have seen the girl you are talking about and yes.

LOL Longest line this side of the divide

ZONA
05-06-2009, 12:08 PM

That's a given. Any man who can still spread sauce will automatically do that, unless he is either gay or in a real hurry. We're just wired like that.

Okay, be honest and tell the truth. Your with your girlfriend or wife walking along and a totally hot babe with terrific boobies and a sweet ass is walking by the opposite way. We know we can't turn our heads and watch for fear of getting the wrath of the wife/girlfriend.

...................but you damn well know you move your eyes to the side of your head as she walks on by. And right after you are wondering if your head turned at all...............hahahahahaha. Don't lie.

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 12:10 PM
http://gallery.dirtyhandschoppers.com/gallery/albums/Posters/voyeurism.jpg

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 12:10 PM
That's a given. Any man who can still spread sauce will automatically do that, unless he is either gay or in a real hurry. We're just wired like that.

Okay, be honest and tell the truth. Your with your girlfriend or wife walking along and a totally hot babe with terrific boobies and a sweet ass is walking by the opposite way. We know we can't turn our heads and watch for fear of getting the wrath of the wife/girlfriend.

...................but you damn well know you move your eyes to the side of your head as she walks on by. And right after you are wondering if your head turned at all...............hahahahahaha. Don't lie.

I used to turn around and comment. I'm single now Ha!

gyldenlove
05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I used to turn around and comment. I'm single now Ha!

I will always consider you one of the truly great human beings of the last 500 years. :notworthy

Crushaholic
05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I mean get serious I worked in a Grocery Store. It's not that special. You take crap from the back put it in the Front and then take it to peoples car after they give you money. If Grocery Workers need to get a pat on the back why not Used Car Salesmen, Sanitation Workers, Prison Road Crews. They are adding as much to my life as my local clueless Albertsons Clerk.

The greatest Football Players play basketball. Shaq would have been the greatest Left tackle of all time. But made 1/10th the money. Lebron would be the greatest receiver ever.

That Dude Adam from American Idol makes me cringe. He is just straight enough to appeal to the Ladies, and Just Gay enough to appeal to the Dudes. And way to shinny for a Wyo Farm kid. Makes my eyes bleed. I hope that dude Danny wins.

Thank you, Jerry Seinfeld...:D

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Whats up with small staples. I'm not talking about the old fashion standard staples. Now people are using tiny little staples yet nobody makes a "tiny staple puller". Its not like they are saving the earth by using a smaller staple. If anything the need for mass producing a new smaller size of staple puller will hasten global warming.

Mogulseeker
05-06-2009, 12:26 PM

Apprently you don't live in a college town...

rugbythug
05-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Apprently you don't live in a college town...

Grocery Jobs are Union Here. You have like 60 year olds making 18 bucks an hour pushing cans of peas across a scanner. And that is not bad enough. Now I have to listen to commercials on the radio telling me how important they are.

ak1971
05-06-2009, 12:32 PM
I just wish people in financial services could make more money. damn hard to gas up a Bentley these days

bronco militia
05-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Whats up with small staples. I'm not talking about the old fashion standard staples. Now people are using tiny little staples yet nobody makes a "tiny staple puller". Its not like they are saving the earth by using a smaller staple. If anything the need for mass producing a new smaller size of staple puller will hasten global warming.

An expedition team which set sail from Plymouth on a 5,000-mile carbon emission-free trip to Greenland have been rescued by an oil tanker.

Raoul Surcouf, Richard Spink and skipper Ben Stoddart sent a mayday because they feared for their safety amid winds of 68mph (109km/h)...In one incident Mr Stoddart hit his head and the wind generator and solar panels were ripped from the yacht.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8034027.stm

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 12:34 PM
An expedition team which set sail from Plymouth on a 5,000-mile carbon emission-free trip to Greenland have been rescued by an oil tanker.

Raoul Surcouf, Richard Spink and skipper Ben Stoddart sent a mayday because they feared for their safety amid winds of 68mph (109km/h)...In one incident Mr Stoddart hit his head and the wind generator and solar panels were ripped from the yacht.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8034027.stm

LOL God I love irony

rugbythug
05-06-2009, 12:36 PM
I just wish people in financial services could make more money. damn hard to gas up a Bentley these days

I don't care how much people make. Makes no difference to me. I hate having to listen to their commercials talking about how awesome they are. I hope they break the Unions just so I can listen to more commercials about flowers and rings.

ak1971
05-06-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't care how much people make. Makes no difference to me. I hate having to listen to their commercials talking about how awesome they are. I hope they break the Unions just so I can listen to more commercials about flowers and rings.

I may have to make a commercial just to piss you off.ROFL!

broncocalijohn
05-06-2009, 12:39 PM
The Grocery Unions here in CO are Running all these Commercials about how cool grocery people are. They Coach softball, They have sex with kids for money. on and on. I personally am tired of it. They get paid better than the job they do. They should be happy with that.

we had a major grocery strike in SoCal a few years ago. When you find out that these jobs where you scan the item and only a few times do they need to look up a produce number, collect the money, type it in so the exact change comes out of a separate dispenser are union and get up to $20 an hour, something smells. I never knew these should be career jobs. My grocery store should have career jobs of managers and an actual butcher/meat department. I seem to do pretty good scanning my own goods and put my bills in the bill vacuum with ease. Rug, I smell a contract dispute coming soon and they are appealing to the public to only shop at those grocery stores that have their new union contracts in place. I crossed that picket line during our strike. When they show me a degree in scanning bar codes, I will start to support their cause.

rugbythug
I may have to make a commercial just to piss you off.ROFL!

To be honest it is not that hard.

bronco militia
LOL God I love irony

:giggle:

Hercules Rockefeller
05-06-2009, 12:40 PM

Why so jealous? Grocery workers are in highly technical, high stress job and they should be compensated as such. The only people on this board that wouldn't kill for a job like that are the ones that are already so lucky as to be grocery workers.

Hotrod
05-06-2009, 12:42 PM
We need more undocumented migrant workers. That would fix this problem right up.

broncocalijohn
05-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Why so jealous? Grocery workers are in highly technical, high stress job and they should be compensated as such. The only people on this board that wouldn't kill for a job like that are the ones that are already so lucky as to be grocery workers.

you forgot the sarcasm smiley .

rugbythug
05-06-2009, 12:43 PM
we had a major grocery strike in SoCal a few years ago. When you find out that these jobs where you scan the item and only a few times do they need to look up a produce number, collect the money, type it in so the exact change comes out of a separate dispenser are union and get up to $20 an hour, something smells. I never knew these should be career jobs. My grocery store should have career jobs of managers and an actual butcher/meat department. I seem to do pretty good scanning my own goods and put my bills in the bill vacuum with ease. Rug, I smell a contract dispute coming soon and they are appealing to the public to only shop at those grocery stores that have their new union contracts in place. I crossed that picket line during our strike. When they show me a degree in scanning bar codes, I will start to support their cause.

They averted one a few years ago. I am sure it is coming. But when the best you got is. We are great people. Your Fuqqed. The people are just as great getting paid $10 and hour. Plus then I might get a hot college chic. I made 30% less last year and probably will make 15-20% less this year. To bad there is not a Sales Manager Union.

ak1971
05-06-2009, 12:44 PM
They averted one a few years ago. I am sure it is coming. But when the best you got is. We are great people. Your Fuqqed. The people are just as great getting paid $10 and hour. Plus then I might get a hot college chic. I made 30% less last year and probably will make 15-20% less this year. To bad there is not a Sales Manager Union.

I've taken a 75% income reduction..damn I need to unionize too.

loborugger
05-06-2009, 12:45 PM
http://gallery.dirtyhandschoppers.com/gallery/albums/Posters/voyeurism.jpg

Repost for awesomeness!

rugbythug
05-06-2009, 12:46 PM

My problem was in 93 when I worked in a grocery store it was non-union. If only I would have known. :wiggle:

(full disclosure I did get free donuts and Jo-Jos at the end of day)
(I also still make more than $20 an hour so I probably would not have stayed.)

GoHAM
05-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I was a grocery worker once. Those were halcyon days my friends. Sadly my work day goes by with neither a single shelf stocked nor a bar code scanned. Alas, my dream is no more. Yet I long for a day when I can once more work in the grocery store. Maybe when I'm retired.

Beantown Bronco
05-06-2009, 02:02 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqwqbB8J4Oo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gqwqbB8J4Oo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ZONA
05-06-2009, 02:10 PM
So what's up with meter maids these days? They just..................oh forget it. This is lame.

Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

DomCasual
05-06-2009, 02:15 PM
I crossed the picket lines at King Soopers as a summer job when I was 17. Heck, it seemed like a cool job, and I didn't really understand what a union was. I actually got spit at.

I think there was a time when a lot of the grocery jobs were skilled jobs. You would have to enter each item, and you had to be fairly quick about it. Then, they started putting bar codes on everything, and scanners in every grocery store. Now, it's something that should be looked at more along the lines of a Subway Sandwich Artist, or something similar.

$7.00 - $10.00 an hour sounds about right to me.

Broncobiv
05-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Adam, Prince of Eternia??

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=1036894691997729640&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

Bronx33
05-06-2009, 08:24 PM
That's one seriously ***** up avatar RT.

GreatBronco16
05-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Our union president and treasurer just got busted stealing 40,000 dollars.

Our union fees went up.

We vote tomorrow on a whole reps.

Just thought I'd share.:clown:

cutthemdown
05-06-2009, 10:08 PM
We are dealing in relative terms here.

Gross incest!!!!!!!!

cutthemdown
05-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I crossed the picket lines at King Soopers as a summer job when I was 17. Heck, it seemed like a cool job, and I didn't really understand what a union was. I actually got spit at.

I think there was a time when a lot of the grocery jobs were skilled jobs. You would have to enter each item, and you had to be fairly quick about it. Then, they started putting bar codes on everything, and scanners in every grocery store. Now, it's something that should be looked at more along the lines of a Subway Sandwich Artist, or something similar.

$7.00 - $10.00 an hour sounds about right to me.

You know who really get's screwed are bank tellers. Much tougher job then a checkout clerk but mostly paid less because no union.

Hotrod
05-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Gross incest!!!!!!!!

Ha! I was disappointed all day yesterday that nobody smacked that one out of the ball park LOL

SureShot
05-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Why is it we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Hotrod
05-07-2009, 07:43 AM

Like you have parkways in hippyville north Ha!

SureShot
05-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Like you have parkways in hippyville north Ha!

Apparently you have never driven on the monster that is Gothic Rd.:strong:

Beej
05-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Why is it that everyone that drives slower than you is an idiot, but everyone that drives faster than you is a maniac?

Hercules Rockefeller
05-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Why is it that everyone that drives slower than you is an idiot, but everyone that drives faster than you is a maniac?

Because I drive at the appropriate speed that everyone should driving

vancejohnson82
05-07-2009, 10:00 AM

oh man....we should just start inserting George Carlin clips if we are going to do this

Dudeskey
05-07-2009, 10:08 AM
You know who really get's screwed are bank tellers. Much tougher job then a checkout clerk but mostly paid less because no union.

Paid less for a LOT more accountability. At this one bank if you were robbed for more than a certain amount you were fired...

Hotrod
05-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Paid less for a LOT more accountability. At this one bank if you were robbed for more than a certain amount you were fired...

Talk about a law suit waiting to happen.

rugbythug
05-07-2009, 12:11 PM
I would guess that is because. Tellers were only allowed so much cash in there drawer at any one time. Good Policy. Getting caught by a masked gunman breaking the policy. Sucks.

cutthemdown
05-07-2009, 12:14 PM

not rare at all. I spent 10 yrs working in a bank. The reason for what you allude to is that most tellers are told once you have over a certain amount in your truck, about 5 grand usually, you are supposed to close your window and process the cash to the vault, or vault teller.

Also you can be denied raises just for being a few cents out of balance.

I think they are not allowed to have a union because if all the tellers went on strike it would really hit the commerce and citizens would be pissed. Long lines at ATMS etc etc.

cutthemdown
05-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Ha! I was disappointed all day yesterday that nobody smacked that one out of the ball park LOL

It was like a curve ball that didn't break, just sitting there for me.

Gort
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM

who ...are ...these ...people?

http://www.jewishjournal.com/images/bloggers_auto/Jerry_Seinfeld.jpg