PDA

View Full Version : OT: Is Jim Armstrong no longer on the Fan?

Rabb
05-06-2009, 08:04 AM
This has probably been posted, but is Armstrong now officially not plaguing the drive home anymore?

I know Evans was back but I figured it was him filling in or something but even on their website it lists him and Sandy now. God I hope this is true, Mike and Sandy are good together and Armstrong was a joke of crap and just maddening to listen to.

montrose
05-06-2009, 08:15 AM
I think so, Apa got an e-mail about it. In Armstrong's own words, "He gone..."

theAPAOps5
05-06-2009, 08:19 AM
I asked Sandy Clough and Mike Evans and Mike advised he left the station but he will be back on Denver radiop in the coming months.

It was a glorious day when I finally sent my daily text to the FAN saying I can't wait to say, "He gone, and it means Armstrong" and it actually was true.

bronco_diesel
05-06-2009, 08:26 AM
evans is kind of a tool, but i like him with sandy. armstrong was horrible.
good stuff.

we're gonna miss him fella's!

Rabb
05-06-2009, 09:02 AM
thank the ****ing Gods

I HATED Armstrong so badly, Mike and Sandy make a pretty good combo, finally my drive home is not ruined!

crush17
05-06-2009, 12:14 PM
I wrote several complaint letters to their program director after Evans was "moved" to early mornings...

I simply cannot stand Jim Armstrong.
Evans & Clough are WAY better together.

Much more funny and witty.

Good choice 104.3!

bombay
05-06-2009, 12:15 PM
That. Is. Awesome.

bombay
05-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Sandy was off in the week before Armstrong disappeared. I wonder if his lack of tolerance for stupidity led to Armstrong being fired.

Rabb
05-06-2009, 12:21 PM
I wrote several complaint letters to their program director after Evans was "moved" to early mornings...

Good choice 104.3!

I wrote one about Armstrong and he replied to me, was actually pretty nice about it pointing me to some survey.

theAPAOps5
05-06-2009, 12:21 PM

Good choice 104.3!

You aren't the only one who was repeatedly sending emails to Mr. Spence. Evans might annoy but he and Clough have a great chemistry together.

bronco_diesel
05-06-2009, 12:22 PM

Good choice 104.3!

Sandy and Evans work together a lot better. With Armstrong, it felt like they were always talking over eachother. I could only stand so much of it before I changed the station. It is much more enjoyable, with more depth to the conversations with Evans.

crush17
05-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Evans knows how to handle Clough's ego. That's the bottom line.
Clough couldn't stand Jim's personality and it was apparent. Not only that but Armstrong is just a giant toolbox anyway... lol

On a side note - it was sad to hear that the G-Man from 103.5 The Fox was laid off... he was with the station doing the show with Lewis and Floorwax for 18 years.

Really sad :(

LittleFloyd
05-06-2009, 12:37 PM
On a side note - it was sad to hear that the G-Man from 103.5 The Fox was laid off... he was with the station doing the show with Lewis and Floorwax for 18 years.

Really sad :(

I remember when G worked with Irv and Joe way before he joined Lewis and Floorwax. In those days he was Rich Goins as there was another guy at the station who was the original G Man. (The original G Man was some guy named Geoff, can't recall his last name, but is long gone)

SureShot
05-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Too bad Evans sucks just as bad.

Rabb
05-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Evans knows how to handle Clough's ego. That's the bottom line.
Clough couldn't stand Jim's personality and it was apparent.

I think that was the nail in the coffin, you could tell Sandy did not like him

bronco militia
05-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Local sports talk does some juggling
Dusty Saunders reports on the airwaves
By Dusty Saunders
The Denver Post
Posted: 05/11/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT
Updated: 05/11/2009 08:39:37 AM MDT

What's been missing from the weekday gabfests on Denver's sports-talk shows?

Morning-drive programming when local hosts and callers attempt to dissect the issues of the day. DenverSportsRadio.com, one of the nation's first online radio operations, recently jumped into this breach.

And starting June 1, Mile High Sports Radio (KCKK-1510 AM) will introduce an "old-fashioned" call-in sports talk program (7-10 a.m.) featuring Les Shapiro, who'll be joined July 13 by Post staff writer Jim Armstrong.

Shapiro, of course, gained local broadcasting fame as KCNC-Channel 4's main sports anchor in the 1990s.

Armstrong recently left The Fan (104.3 FM) after working more than two years in afternoon drive time, most recently with Sandy Clough and Mike Evans.

Shapiro will utilize guest co-hosts until Armstrong joins him in July.

(Rivalry note: Armstrong will be competing for an hour at 9 a.m. against Mark Kiszla, his sports department teammate, who co-hosts a show on DenverSportsRadio.com.)

While Mile High Sports Radio executives won't comment publicly, the Shapiro-Armstrong teaming is one of several programming additions designed to lure listeners away from The Fan and KEPN (1600 AM), which features Irv Brown and Joe Williams, along with ESPN programming.

Last Monday, Joel Klatt, a former CU quarterback who's been involved in local broadcasting for several years, joined Nate Kreckman in the 3-6 p.m. weekday period on 1510.

Look for additional Mile High programming additions in the near future.

Meanwhile, The Fan is planning afternoon programming changes this summer, according to Bob Call, local general manager of the Lincoln Financial Group, operators of The Fan and KEPN.

Rabb
05-12-2009, 11:54 AM
if anything it will make me STAY on the Fan

DeusExManning
05-12-2009, 11:56 AM
I just checked out Denversportsradio.com and they were saying that Vic Lombardi and Gary Miller will have a show on "one of the stations" from 6 to 9 PM

bronco militia
05-12-2009, 12:16 PM
http://denversportsradio.com/

scorpio
05-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I just checked out Denversportsradio.com and they were saying that Vic Lombardi and Gary Miller will have a show on "one of the stations" from 6 to 9 PM

Hopefully it's on The Fan. DMac and Oren are unbearable.

btw, is Dmac the same douchey little weasel who used to co-host the morning show on KBPI with Willie B. ?

DeusExManning
05-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Hopefully it's on The Fan. DMac and Oren are unbearable.

btw, is Dmac the same douchey little weasel who used to co-host the morning show on KBPI with Willie B. ?

I go back and forth, sometimes they are very funny and sometimes they are a little annoying. I like Oren though.

theAPAOps5
05-12-2009, 12:37 PM
HA I spit soda all over my computer when I read that Armstrong was going to 1510. At training camp he had several discussions with pretty much anyone who would listen about how the nuggets and avs left a fine station in the FAN for a hack station in 1510! Now he works for that hack station!

scorpio
05-12-2009, 12:39 PM
A man has to keep himself in Hawaiian shirts somehow.

spdirty
05-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Meanwhile, The Fan is planning afternoon programming changes this summer, according to Bob Call, local general manager of the Lincoln Financial Group, operators of The Fan and KEPN.

Oh for Gods sakes, wtf are they gonna do now? Finally did the right thing by putting Sandy on in the afternoon, now theyre gonna **** it up again?

God, hopefully by "afternoon changes" they mean 10-1 and that means dumping Rome for Mosier.

Can't stand Evans, he's a douche who belongs at 5 A.M. though him and Sandy are better than Sandy and Jim. Sandy and Mose were awesome together. Would be cool to see them reunite and throw Evans to a timeslot where I dont listen to the radio.

theAPAOps5
05-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Moser has his dream job as color commentator for Avs Radio. Kroenke owns his own station for his teams so Mose won't be going to the fan anytime soon.

Kaylore
05-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Wow this is awesome. Armstrong was all negative and tried too hard to be "cool" with his audience. Sandy is hilarious because of how tightly wound he is and if you disrespect him even a little bit he loses it for the rest of the show and can't focus.

spdirty
05-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Wow this is awesome. Armstrong was all negative and tried too hard to be "cool" with his audience. Sandy is hilarious because of how tightly wound he is and if you disrespect him even a little bit he loses it for the rest of the show and can't focus.

LOL but he is a human encyclopedia. I love it when you get some idiot that tries to challenge him. He gets so pissy, and he's deadly serious too. And he goes on for an hour pissin and moaning about that 1 "idiot."

Love it though cuz he doesnt let people get away with bullshlt points the way Irv and Joe do.

bombay
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM

I wonder if Sandy's severe impatience for stupidity is what caused Armstrong's departure? I asked him via email but he didn't answer the question.

skunk
05-12-2009, 08:21 PM
i just hope they dump the retard hour with al and scott... its not even a sports show anymore

for those of you who havent heard it:

scott: uh uh uh uh uh uthing that uh uh i mean uh uh underwear is like uh...

al: a HA HA HA HA HAAA oh no you didnt AH AHHAHAHA AH HAH HA HA!!!

repeat x a million

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 08:35 AM
I wonder if Sandy's severe impatience for stupidity is what caused Armstrong's departure? I asked him via email but he didn't answer the question.

His silence speaks volumes as he is usually pretty open but too professional to slam a collegue.

Triplelefthook
05-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Too bad Evans sucks just as bad.

agreed. honestly i LIKED that Clough couldn't stand Armstrong and the one thing Armstrong could do was talk over Clough if he wanted and hold his own in an argument.

Evans is terrible, I have actually started writing the predictions he makes down and betting against them, and doing pretty well at it. the only hiccup was the broncos, over 8 wins, which was a push (lucky at that, thanks to Hocculi).

i don't see any "chemistry" between clough and evans, even on the random occasions evans is correct on something clough schools him in any and all debates because he is more intelligent and can talk over him. evans is worthless

Man-Goblin
05-13-2009, 08:56 AM
What ever happened to Mark Mosier? he wasn't that bad...

bronco militia
05-13-2009, 08:59 AM

he works for Altitude radio and calls Avs games

theAPAOps5
05-13-2009, 09:01 AM

He is a hockey nut. He was offered the position of color analyst with Altitude on their radio team.

Man-Goblin
05-13-2009, 09:10 AM
He is a hockey nut. He was offered the position of color analyst with Altitude on their radio team.

That's cool. He always did know his hockey. Dude is a bubble hockey fiend, as well.