05-05-2009, 05:30 PM
This would make post number four, Mock.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79663
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79588
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79640

watermock
05-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Good. It's worth it nonetheless.

Or should Popps reinterate how we need to strengthen the front 7 a 13th time?

Popps
05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Good. It's worth it nonetheless.

I wish I could collect some kind of royalty every time someone mentions my name. I should get an extra bonus when it's completely random and unrelated, like this.

Oh, and I've mentioned it way more than 13 times, Mock. Get with it, brother.

Can't wait to see our entirely new front seven operate. Hopefully you'll get over your case of the mopes enough to enjoy football again at some point in your life, Mock.

watermock
05-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I'lll be watching the NFL Norris carefully.

Taco John
05-05-2009, 06:19 PM
The front seven is no longer important to Popps. He's bought into the "Offense first, defensive secondary second, and defensive line is an afterthought" philosophy.

Swedish Extrovert
05-05-2009, 06:20 PM
"Careful, careful, it says 'fragile'!"

Popps
05-06-2009, 08:18 AM
The front seven is no longer important to Popps. He's bought into the "Offense first, defensive secondary second, and defensive line is an afterthought" philosophy.

Well, our front seven could be 100% different. But, in Taco-world, 100%-0.

Poor guy.

Popps
05-06-2009, 08:22 AM
By the way, Taco... we've all see how you run scared when asked to put your money where your mouth is. But, we can do it here, if you'd like.

I'm confident that we're making great improvements in the front seven. In fact, I'll bet you we improve in sack totals, AND total rushing yards allowed.

If your theory that we're not addressing it is correct, we should be as bad or worse than last year.

Want to put a little wager on it?

$500?

$1000?

Lay it out there, brother. For once... maybe less yappin' and more backin' it up?

Meck77
05-06-2009, 08:29 AM
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/441/lineinthesand1.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lineinthesand1.jpg)

Shanny gone! The boy wonder...Gone! Bowlen is a gutless drunk! A 32 your old kid as coach!

You got him right where you want him Taco! Baby needs a new pair of shoes!

TailgateNut
05-06-2009, 08:53 AM
By the way, Taco... we've all see how you run scared when asked to put your money where your mouth is. But, we can do it here, if you'd like.

I'm confident that we're making great improvements in the front seven. In fact, I'll bet you we improve in sack totals, AND total rushing yards allowed.

If your theory that we're not addressing it is correct, we should be as bad or worse than last year.

$500?

$1000?

Lay it out there, brother. For once... maybe less yappin' and more backin' it up?

Drum roll!!!!!

Popps
05-06-2009, 09:24 AM
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/441/lineinthesand1.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lineinthesand1.jpg)

Shanny gone! The boy wonder...Gone! Bowlen is a gutless drunk! A 32 your old kid as coach!

You got him right where you want him Taco! Baby needs a new pair of shoes!

Plus, our offense will be so ****ty, our defense will be on the field the whole game.

That, plus NO defensive improvements in the front seven, and it's going to be a disaster!

Easy money, Taco. C'mon... you can upgrade the server for next draft day!

crush17
05-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Ha haahaaha!!

Thanks Popps, I needed this humor today :D

Popps
05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Free money, Taco! C'mon buddy!

ZONA
05-06-2009, 12:13 PM

Ha! Ha! Ha!
ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

Dude, that was funnier then schit. Hey Popps, you have to know that was funny man.

Popps
05-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Ha! Ha! Ha!
ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

Dude, that was funnier then schit. Hey Popps, you have to know that was funny man.

Really? I love a good rip, even pointed at me... but I've already stated that I've driven that point into the ground, myself. I guess I'm missing the twist or irony that one usually looks for in a joke.

worm
05-06-2009, 12:39 PM
So you want a Bronco fan to bet a reasonable sum of money AGAINST Denver getting sacks...and FOR Denver giving up a lot of rushing yards?

That logic makes sense to you?

I would never bet against Denver..EVER...regardless of whether I think they did enough to address the D-line or not (I don't).

Were you hoping for Engelberger to fail? Did you enjoy celebrating when he did? Would you want to bet money and cheer for him to fail to prove you are right?

Popps
05-06-2009, 01:06 PM
So you want a Bronco fan to bet a reasonable sum of money AGAINST Denver getting sacks...and FOR Denver giving up a lot of rushing yards?

Well, only if that Broncos fan feels we've not taken steps to improve the defense. Taco is calling people out, so he must feel we've made no improvements. I personally believe we have. Hence, I'm willing to back those beliefs.

I would never bet against Denver..EVER (I don't).

You're not Taco.

Were you hoping for Engelberger to fail? Did you enjoy celebrating when he did? Would you want to bet money and cheer for him to fail to prove you are right?

I was hoping he would be benched. There was no need to "hope" for him to fail, he clearly already had.

Beyond that, my bet wasn't about "hope," it was about projections and belief. If you believe Taco is hoping we'll fail to prove his points, I suggest you take that up with him. Interesting theory.

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the laugh fellas.

ZONA
05-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Really? I love a good rip, even pointed at me... but I've already stated that I've driven that point into the ground, myself. I guess I'm missing the twist or irony that one usually looks for in a joke.

It was funny because even though Mock pulled a "duh" moment when posting the cartoon for the 4th time, his reply was that it was no more harmful then you going on about needing a front 7 for the 13th time. Yeah, I guess you have to be any other person besides yourself to get the full benefit from it. It was an innocent stab at you, which was funny, they way he just threw that out there. You're not the only one bro, alot of us wanted a better front 7. But you probably were our lobbiest. :twokisses

The cartoon itself I thought was sorta stupid.

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks again!

Popps
05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
The cartoon itself I thought was sorta stupid.

Yea, funny... but not their best work. I was looking forward to that one, too. Maybe expectations were too high.

Paladin
05-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Taco, you gutless drunk, put up or shut up.......

colonelbeef
05-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Plus, our offense will be so ****ty, our defense will be on the field the whole game.

That, plus NO defensive improvements in the front seven, and it's going to be a disaster!

Easy money, Taco. C'mon... you can upgrade the server for next draft day!

Who is saying the offense is going to be ****ty? Shanahan stocked this team with offensive talent, and McDaniels just added a 1st round runner to it- it would take a Kotite to mismanage that

lazarus4444
05-06-2009, 04:29 PM
That cartoon was actually pretty funny, thanks.

Northman
05-06-2009, 04:39 PM
. But you probably were our lobbiest. :twokisses

Oh, there's no doubt about it. He carried on for quite some time about the defense the last few years.

rastaman
05-06-2009, 04:46 PM

$500?

$1000?

Shouldn't you save that money for your children college education!!!

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 05:03 PM

Popps has got it like that. Besides if he doesn't air out his own inner child once in awhile BAAAAD things happen.....BAAAAAD things!

Popps
05-06-2009, 05:24 PM

No problem there, but I'd simply look at this as a low-risk investment.

Bronco Yoda
05-06-2009, 05:55 PM
thx mock, haven't been around much. Missed the other threads. 4th times a charm for me.

maher_tyler
05-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Hilarious!

Inkana7
05-06-2009, 07:10 PM
I just got reminded why I love Popps.

80smith
05-06-2009, 07:21 PM
It would have been funnier if Mcd was wearing a hoodie.......

Bronco Boy
05-06-2009, 08:28 PM
You guys actually thought that was funny? Man, now some of your other posts make more sense.

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 09:53 PM
It was entertaining in a juvenile kind of way but it's a cheap cartoon. I think a cheap laugh can be good enough from time to time.

cabronco
05-06-2009, 10:04 PM
It would have been funnier if Mcd was wearing a hoodie.......

The whole thing was kind of lame. Manny Moe & Jack didnt know what a quarterback was for the first 2 minutes. I was hoping there would be more, than disappointed there was.

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 10:53 PM
The whole thing was kind of lame. Manny Moe & Jack didnt know what a quarterback was for the first 2 minutes. I was hoping there would be more, than disappointed there was.

When is the last time that Chicago actually KNEW what a QB was?

Bang plays with stereotypes. He don't know donkey dew. He is no Adam Chef.

Kaylore
05-06-2009, 10:58 PM
You guys actually thought that was funny? Man, now some of your other posts make more sense.

I think Taco nailed it in another thread when he pointed it out Bang took the comedy layup. It was basically an east coast guy making obvious, and consequently not-so-funny jokes about the situation. With all the nuances and he-said, he-said, it really was a lazy effort.

Anaximines
05-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Bang on, Cutler. We wish you the best.

chickennob2
05-07-2009, 07:09 AM
By the way, Taco... we've all see how you run scared when asked to put your money where your mouth is.

Taco's mouth is often on the OrangeMane. I would have to say that he definitely does put his money where his mouth is (and all of our mouths are).

Popps
05-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Taco's mouth is often on the OrangeMane. I would have to say that he definitely does put his money where his mouth is (and all of our mouths are).

Oh, he's a good guy and runs a fine message board, save a few issues.
That really wasn't the issue. The issue was him poppin' off at the mouth, and an invitation for him to back that up.