PDA

View Full Version : Feel like reliving a sad day in Broncos history?

IHaveALight
05-05-2009, 06:09 PM
2005 AFC Championship game on now, NFL Network.

cutthemdown
05-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I was thinking about it....But decided instead to watch this cool video of my girlfriend having sex with the whole Oakland Raider Dline from 1983, it's just less painful.

Popps
05-05-2009, 07:02 PM
You know, if we would have just replaced the quarterback after that season... we'd be in great shape right now.

Wait...

Rabb
05-05-2009, 07:06 PM
I was thinking about it....But decided instead to watch this cool video of my girlfriend having sex with the whole Oakland Raider Dline from 1983, it's just less painful.

wait, the video is from 1983 or it was her with the Dline that played in 1983?

I would still watch both over the 2005 AFCC game, I was just curious

Taco John
05-05-2009, 07:23 PM
A sad story about that game. I was sitting in the North Stands with Garcia Bronco, and about three rows in front of us was this kid who dressed like Jake Plummer. He had the jersey, a full beard and mustache, long hair, and a pair of sunglasses. After Plummer's third turnover, the kid stashed all the gear and started booing Plummer for everything he was worth. It was sad to see.

I enjoyed making it to that game, but watching Plummer choke in yet another playoff game was too much to take.

ohiobronco2
05-05-2009, 07:25 PM
A sad story about that game. I was sitting in the North Stands with Garcia Bronco, and about three rows in front of us was this kid who dressed like Jake Plummer. He had the jersey, a full beard and mustache, long hair, and a pair of sunglasses. After Plummer's third turnover, the kid stashed all the gear and started booing Plummer for everything he was worth. It was sad to see.

I enjoyed making it to that game, but watching Plummer choke in yet another playoff game was too much to take.

:stirstir:

Inkana7
05-05-2009, 07:30 PM
That game made me cry.

Popps
05-05-2009, 07:32 PM
That game made me cry.

Keep the faith, brother.

Defense is coming...

SonOfLe-loLang
05-05-2009, 07:34 PM
I still think what would have happened if Champ picked off that pass on the steelers first drive and took it to the house...or if Hines Ward was called for O-PI. hmmm

Inkana7
05-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Keep the faith, brother.

Defense is coming...

I remember our first play, a throw to Putz for a first down. I felt so good. And then I didn't feel any joy until our quasi-comeback in the 2nd half with Plummer dodging sacks and firing deep to Lelie.

Los Broncos
05-05-2009, 09:53 PM
It was a cold and lonely night after that game.

I just wanted to bury my bed in a pillow and never wake up :D

SouthStndJunkie
05-05-2009, 10:02 PM
I was at the game....watching it once is enough.

I don't care if I ever watch it again.

Br0nc0Buster
05-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh well, we still had a good season that year

And we did something no one else was able to do before at the time, we beat Brady and Belicheck in the playoffs

TheChamp24
05-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I think I'd rather pour molten lava into my eyes than watch that again.

cutthemdown
05-05-2009, 10:07 PM
wait, the video is from 1983 or it was her with the Dline that played in 1983?

I would still watch both over the 2005 AFCC game, I was just curious

It's more just a metaphor of how crappy the 1996 and 2005 games were.

baja
05-05-2009, 10:10 PM
You know, if we would have just replaced the quarterback after that season... we'd be in great shape right now.

Wait...

If we had just had the DBs play off the receivers 9 yards instead of 10 we would have three SBs now.

Sassy
05-05-2009, 10:27 PM
If we had just had the DBs play off the receivers 9 yards instead of 10 we would have three SBs now.

Or if Michael Dean Perry would have got his butt off the field we may have had four!

Killericon
05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
"Classic Games" my ass.

spdirty
05-05-2009, 11:40 PM
I still think what would have happened if Champ picked off that pass on the steelers first drive and took it to the house...or if Hines Ward was called for O-PI. hmmm

Ive tried watching it multiple times...and I get to that play and can't watch it anymore. :(

SportinOne
05-06-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm giving it a shot. Just started here in Madison... I don't know..

I lived in San Diego at the time.. I was so excited that day. I had flown out to Denver the weekend prior on a last minute whim. First trip to Denver, first Bronco game, had nothing else going on and just said, "I'm going." Forked over tons of cash, paid for my friends flight and ticket, and we got the win...

For the AFC Championship game I had the bigscreen ready to go and another tv outside by the grill with my laptop also outside tuned to a denver radio station for the pre-game.

Then, yeah.. I don't know if I can do this..

SportinOne
05-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Yep, that was awful

Bob's your Information Minister
05-06-2009, 01:01 AM

Ouch. They don't make Broncos fans like they used to.

As for my memories of that day, all I remember is the pang of fear in the morning, knowing that the Broncos might go to the Super Bowl. Of course, it never came close to happening. Phew!

Taco John
05-06-2009, 01:26 AM

Don't kid yourself. Denver demands a winner. This idea that Denver fans are this adoring bunch who will suffer losing gratefully is some sort of myth. We've seen the promised land, and know what it's like to be on top for an extended period of time (two full years of Championship football is a precious thing to behold).

That's the true reason why there's so much thrashing in the Broncos-sphere right now.

Kaylore
05-06-2009, 01:39 AM
Plummer turned the ball over 5 times and we were still only down by ten in the third quarter. If we had a better QB that game, we win it.

rovolution
05-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Plummer turned the ball over 5 times and we were still only down by ten in the third quarter. If we had a better QB that game, we win it.

Every time i think of that game, all i think is Champ Bailey pick 6 that should have been

if champ makes that pick, Jake is still under center for Denver and mike shanahan still has his job. Denver wins a 3rd super bowl with a dominant 300 yard rushing performance against Seattles smallish defense. Mike Anderson 100 yrds, Tatum bell 100 yrds, Ron Dayne 100 yrds all in the SB. jay is probably never drafted by denver.

it truly is all about inches. kind of like that dwyane bowe onside kick fumble that changed that led to a domino effect of change around the league.

Pick Six
05-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Actually, there are much more sad games in Broncos history than that one. Every loss to the Chiefs or Raiders immediately comes to mind...

SportinOne
05-06-2009, 02:05 AM

As for my memories of that day, all I remember is the pang of fear in the morning, knowing that the Broncos might go to the Super Bowl. Of course, it never came close to happening. Phew!

This year will mark 40 years since the Chiefs have played in a Super Bowl.

How do you do it?

Popps
05-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Actually, there are much more sad games in Broncos history than that one. Every loss to the Chiefs or Raiders immediately comes to mind...

Good point, and really... that season was really the only high-point since the SBs. We had a gritty team that was fun to watch, and fell just short of another SB appearance. All things considered, not too shabby.

Hell, after the last three disaster seasons, 05 was like a dream.

bronclvr
05-06-2009, 08:06 AM
I watched it last night al long as I could stand it, then turned it off. It made me think of ust how enthralled we were with Shanahan, when we hadn't really done anything since '98-we were trusting for too long-

Jake was Jake, and while I don't hate him, I never really felt like he was really a Bronco-he belonged in a Hippy commune-

vancejohnson82
05-06-2009, 08:31 AM
ugghhh...i remember Bettis spiking the hell out of that ball after that TD in the fourth....him shoving that football up my rectum would have been less painful

bronco militia
05-06-2009, 08:36 AM
I watched it last night al long as I could stand it, then turned it off. It made me think of ust how enthralled we were with Shanahan, when we hadn't really done anything since '98-we were trusting for too long-

Jake was Jake, and while I don't hate him, I never really felt like he was really a Bronco-he belonged in a Hippy commune-

the wispers of shanny's demise had started prior to that season....IMO, 2005 bought him 3 more years

Beantown Bronco
05-06-2009, 08:37 AM
it truly is all about inches.

I've heard that somewhere before. :wiggle:

rugbythug
05-06-2009, 08:38 AM
That team caught all the breaks that year. That was until the final game. At least we did not have to watch Peyton Manning Carve us up.

bronco militia
05-06-2009, 08:38 AM
I've heard that somewhere before. :wiggle:

cheer up little buddy

:rofl:

broncobum6162
05-06-2009, 11:18 AM
2005 AFC Championship game on now, NFL Network.

I seen it when surfing through the channels last nite. I kept surfing. IMHO, that was the start of our terrible defense. We gave up 3rd and longs starting in this game and have never recovered.

titan
05-06-2009, 11:41 AM

Not for me. Worst home loss in Bronco history in my book. The Super Bowl losses were worse, but nothing else. As Tom Jackson used to say, "the deeper you go in the playoffs, the greater the pain when you lose." The Broncos had never lost a home game like this with the stakes as high (they were 3-0 in home afc championship games before this)

HILife
05-06-2009, 11:46 AM

Is there a link to this site?

broncosteven
05-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Is there a link to this site?

Google Darrell Russell, I think it is on his home page.

OrangeDoofus
05-06-2009, 02:20 PM
I have a short list of plays that are painful to remember.

The first was Clarence Kay making that rolling catch against the Giants in the '86 SB and getting called incomplete.

The second was what Blue said, watching Michael Dean Perry walk his fat ass off the field.

And the third is Champ missing that INT. Not saying it would have changed the game, but damn, it sure felt like it would have.

The comeback to this pretty much writes itself.

broncosteven
05-06-2009, 03:14 PM
I have a short list of plays that are painful to remember.

The first was Clarence Kay making that rolling catch against the Giants in the '86 SB and getting called incomplete.

The second was what Blue said, watching Michael Dean Perry walk his fat ass off the field.

And the third is Champ missing that INT. Not saying it would have changed the game, but damn, it sure felt like it would have.

The comeback to this pretty much writes itself.

I remember being mad at Jim Turner for missing at least one FG in a loss to Oakland in 1973. I think his last attempt was out of his range but they were desperate. I was young and don't remember much about the game.

Morton's INT's in SB XII - I had the worst Migraine by the 2nd quarter that day, I still remember it!

Morton throwing a pick in the 1981 Bears Bronco game which would have got us into the playoffs. My 1st ever pro football game.

The Karlis miss in the 86 SB followed by the saftey.

The 2nd quarter of the Deadskin SB

All of the 49er SB

The Montana Comback in 94? on MNF

Michael Dean Perry loafing off the field, Natrone Means tearing up our D.

All of the Plummer era Colts playoff games.

At least in 2005 Pitt didn't embarrass us like Manrino did every time in the playoffs. I was more mad at the D after the 2005 loss.

2006 San Fran game watching Plummer's swan song posting a 0.00% QB rating.