PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon takes number 27

Odysseus
05-05-2009, 05:12 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/166733-knowshon-moreno-to-wear-27-honoring-darrent-williams

With the 12th pick, in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select, Knowshon Moreno, runningback, Georgia."

- NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell

On April 25th, the Denver Broncos made one of the most head scratching moves in the Draft when they selected Knowshon Moreno out of Georgia. They had much more important needs than runningback, but coach McDaniels was compelled to draft this promising runningback. Now that the dust has settled, and Draft day has past, everybody is excited to move forward to next season.

This past week, the new rookies selected their numbers. Top picks such as Robert Ayers, who picked 56, and Alfonzo Smith, who picked 33, got first choice for the numbers they wanted. Only one person got to pick in front of them, and that was Moreno himself.

In college, he wore 24, which is star cornerback Champ Bailey's number. So, what did he pick? After thinking for awhile, he finally decided on a number. What was it?

Answer: 27

When he chose to wear 27, he did not know the history of the number. When he went to report to team officials his selection, he was told the story of what happened on January 1st, 2007. The story of cornerback Darrent Williams.

I REALLY like this kid!

footstepsfrom#27
05-05-2009, 05:15 PM
27 has a longer history than that.

Deuce
05-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I REALLY like this kid!

You really like this kid because he picked a number which just happened to have a history? A history that he didn't know about when he picked the number?

OBF1
05-05-2009, 05:35 PM
It is the fact that he took it upon himself to get Mrs Williams phone number, place the call to her and personally ask her, He even accepted her request to donate some of his time each month to the Darrent Williams teen center in Denver.

He may have not known about Darrent's number, but by taking the steps mentioned above, it shows he is more than just another self centered NFL player.... He is the kind of player that I want on the Broncos. This will bring more attention to both Darrent and the Teen center. I think Darrent is looking down smiling at this.

It will be good to see 27 on the field again.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Where's that "man lands on the moon" headline?

HEAV
05-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Use existing threads.

Broncobiv
05-05-2009, 05:42 PM
You really like this kid because he picked a number which just happened to have a history? A history that he didn't know about when he picked the number?
That's what I was gonna say, but the I read the article. It goes into more detail than just what quiettiger posted.

cutthemdown
05-05-2009, 06:01 PM
A number is just a number. It's playing so good your name get's remembered along with it that matters. Atwater is the name I see etched in that number because i choose to remember good times instead of a horrid memory like what happened to Darrent. When I picture Darrent it's not the number I remember, it's his big big smile.

Rip Darrent
Hope like is well Atwater
Better be good Moreno

Get it done rookie that number has a special place in our hearts.

Odysseus
05-05-2009, 06:02 PM

I like how he handled it.

Odysseus
05-05-2009, 06:05 PM
27 has a longer history than that.

I work overseas in Iraq. I am used to blood and guts. It is a rare thing when I am stateside. I was three blocks away from Darrent when he got killed. I knew the kid and thought a lot about him. I don't know Steve Atwater.

I was almost killed that night by a guy who was hitting me up for change. He didn't pull his gun because I am guessing he figured I was going to take his stupid ass with me.

Let's just the night that Darrent died means a little more to me than the rest of fans and leave it at that.

Odysseus
05-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Use existing threads.

I didn't feel like it. Maybe I will next time.

Odysseus
05-05-2009, 06:08 PM
That's what I was gonna say, but the I read the article. It goes into more detail than just what quiettiger posted.

Rep. I get rules from Taco about posting entire articles and clicking on ads Then I get the pimp hand because I do as it was posted in the sticky?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Deuce
05-05-2009, 06:38 PM

Ah, gotcha! Makes sense now

Odysseus
05-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Kilo Mike Alpha

Bob's your Information Minister
05-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Larry Johnson hero worship, obviously.

Odysseus
05-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Larry Johnson hero worship, obviously.

I am glad you stopping sucking on candy bars. Now I can bang on you because you are stupid.

Pick Six
05-06-2009, 12:28 AM
It's good to see you post, Quiettiger...:thumbsup: :notworthy

05-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Now I can bang on you

Ooh, baby.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2eol4br.gif

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 04:40 AM
It's good to see you post, Quiettiger...:thumbsup: :notworthy

When was the last time I started a thread in this place? What has it been? Years? Now I have Skinny Blob humping my leg begging me to bring a whip so that he can put his strapless number. Dude. I don't know man.

I had six shots, (Don Julio / Patron) six Coronas, and a glass of water. I think the water messed up my ability to post not so sober. I have to remember next Cinco De Mayo to not drink the water.

Mogulseeker
05-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Knowshon Moreno seems like a really level-headed, team-oriented guy. I like that.

05-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Knowshon Moreno seems like a really level-headed, team-oriented guy. I like that.

I prefer screaming assholes with real talent.

loborugger
05-06-2009, 07:14 AM
I prefer a-holes.

And there you have it right there.

kdissette
05-06-2009, 08:02 AM
im kinda pissed that ayers took 56, its too soon since al had that number it will be weird to see that number on the field again.

DenverBroncosJM
05-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Classy kid

kamakazi_kal
05-06-2009, 10:13 AM
27 better be the number of touches a game.

Orton will need that.

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 11:05 AM
27 better be the number of touches a game.

Orton will need that.

I am pretty sure that Orton is going to be a dink and dunk QB. I am hoping those 27 touches you described leads to red zone scores.

Garcia Bronco
05-06-2009, 11:11 AM
I am pretty sure that Orton is going to be a dink and dunk QB. I am hoping those 27 touches you described leads to red zone scores.

BRady was dink and dunk until. He'd hit Patton deep at times, now Brady can go down the field with moss or hurt you short with dink and dunk. Orton doesn't have MArshalls and Royals.

Mogulseeker
05-06-2009, 12:00 PM
BRady was dink and dunk until. He'd hit Patton deep at times, now Brady can go down the field with moss or hurt you short with dink and dunk. Orton doesn't have MArshalls and Royals.

You mean BRADY doesn't have Marshalls and Royals???

I guess we'll see how Orton responds and that might be an argument to how important QB's actually are.

If Marshall, Royal, Clady, and Moreno all perform ot their potential, Orton will either bring them down to his level or put up Brady-like numbers.

We will see.

Having Moreno WILL boost Ortons stats.

kamakazi_kal
05-06-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm hoping theirs some middle ground. I just look at the cards. With Warner, Boldin and Fitz are all world WR ...... with Linefart ..... not so much.

Mogulseeker
05-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Boldin and Fitzgerald were always pretty great.

ZONA
05-06-2009, 12:43 PM
First thing that popped into my head was this was Atwaters number. Honestly, I'm kinda peeved a little bit that it was not retired.

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 02:57 PM
First thing that popped into my head was this was Atwaters number. Honestly, I'm kinda peeved a little bit that it was not retired.

I wonder if Atwater is working with Darrent Williams foundation. My hope is that Knowshon does something special with the number for the memory of both players.

The only Bronco player that I think gets seriously overlooked without any notice is Floyd Little. There is not a player more deserving anywhere.