PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley picks the Nugs to win it all ...

TDmvp
05-05-2009, 04:20 PM
I had no idea they was that good ...
I kept hearing the last month or so they was coming on but are they really that good ? ...

DenverBrit
05-05-2009, 04:23 PM
I kept hearing the last month or so they was coming on but are they really that good ? ...

I think it will depend upon the Rockets beating the Lakers.

The Nugs can play with the Rockets, but the Lakers seem to have their number.

But, they've got to get past Dallas first.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Not a chance. Barkley also picked Utah at the beginning of the season and we all know how good he's been at gambling.

How is it that people in Denver are just now discovering their NBA team?

The MVPlaya
05-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Holy ****, When Did The Nuggets Get Billups!?!?!??! Wheres Ai Been!!!!!!!

TDmvp
05-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Not a chance. Barkley also picked Utah at the beginning of the season and we all know how good he's been at gambling.

I'm not in Denver nor am I that much of a Nugs fan ... Hence I'm asking people who are IN Denver or a FAN of them if they are that good ...

DBruleU
05-05-2009, 04:28 PM

Uh, because the team is now relevant. People like winners, and when your home town team is beating down people like they are now, people will pay attention. Not hard to figure out.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Win it all? ummmm, im gonna go ahead and disagree

TDmvp
05-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Uh, because the team is now relevant. People like winners, and when your home town team is beating down people like they are now, people will pay attention. Not hard to figure out.

Not really my point ... but you are close on some points ...

Most people I know even who like basketball don't watch much of it till playoff time ... Reg season basketball is as boring as reg season baseball ....

This thread was more asking people Who did watch a lot of the Nugs from someone Who doesn't for info ...

24champ
05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Naga...Naga....Naga...Na gonna happen.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3151/3046156726_300caffe0e.jpg?v=0

watermock
05-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Denver is a pretty goOd team. If the refs let us beat up Kobe and get him frustrated, we have a chance.

King James? The refs are going to let him dominate. He's a freak.

It all depends on if they give him fouls.

nickademus
05-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Denver has put together a team that still can go crazy but with Chauncy in charge he is able to use this and direct it in a productive way. It has been really fun watching them this season. The key to the Nuggets winning it all is Nene when he plays with a chip on his shoulder he is almost unguardable when you add that to Melo and Chauncy it is leathal. Jr Smith is lightening in a bottle and he has yet to really go off in the playoffs he has been playing smart which is new but I expect him to have one of his I can make any shot anywhere games very soon these are always entertaining. All in all I like the Nuggets against anyone accept the Lakers with a healthy Bynum.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Denver is a pretty goOd team. If the refs let us beat up Kobe and get him frustrated, we have a chance.

King James? The refs are going to let him dominate. He's a freak.

It all depends on if they give him fouls.

The refs are gonna let him dominate or....he's just gonna dominate?

Kaylore
05-05-2009, 05:10 PM

LOL It is funny that people are just now hearing about it. Denver has fallen in love with the Nuggs generally and Chauncey specifically, so it's not news here. However nationally we're a small market so some Bronco fans are just now catching on. !Booya!

footstepsfrom#27
05-05-2009, 05:12 PM
They might not win the title but they ought to win the most tatoos award.

bombay
05-05-2009, 05:19 PM
The Nuggets have finally figured out how to play playoff basketball.

They are a very dangerous team.

TonyR
05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Warkentien did a great job putting this team together. It would be great to see them cause the Lakers some trouble in the conference finals, and if they get there they will.

Flex Gunmetal
05-05-2009, 06:21 PM
The nuggets are playing as well as any team in the NBA. They have great starters and could be the deepest team in the west. I can't see why they wont make it past LA or the Rockets. They swept Dallas in the reg season and game one was a beat down.

Man-Goblin
05-05-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm a huge Nuggets fan, and have pretty much seen every game they've played this year. The good thing is they are playing some of their best basketball at the right time. The bad news is there are the Mavs, Lakers (who they never match up well against) and the Cavs to go through.

In the immortal words of the Wolf, "let's not suck each others' dicks just yet."

Rabb
05-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Nuggs have the West setup to make the conference finals for sure, I don't think anyone has a real shot at the Cavs this year though

I honestly think Denver could make the finals if Houston and LA can wear eachother down

all I know is, I am damn proud of them right now even if they don't win another game

broncofan2438
05-05-2009, 07:20 PM

Couldn't have said it better

Go Nuggs!!!

Mogulseeker
05-05-2009, 07:44 PM

This is what I've been saying... I'm hoping Houston can take LA, because Denver can take Houston. I don't have a great feeling about LA... I think we could take Cleveland, though.

The Big E
05-05-2009, 07:49 PM
It would be very unusual for a team to make a jump like that, but never say never, I suppose. I just can't see them even getting to the finals unless Houston takes out LA. Denver went into LA after winning 12 out of 13 or something late in the year, feeling very good about themselves, and basically got flicked aside. They could give LA a good series, but I don't think they'd win.

I'm not a fan of the Nuggets, but from an opponent's perspective they are a team you'd better put away early. JR Smith would be absolutely terrifying in a game 7 because when he goes off it's just crazy.

spdirty
05-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Don't know, I just think our style is tough physical, run. Dallas seems to be (havent watched em much) a soft team, should win this series in 5.

Getting to the Finals just depends on what the Lakers and Rockets do to each other. We lost the season series to each of em 3-1 and for some reason I think the Lakers are a better matchup than the Rockets. Think the Rockets have the defenders to easily match our physical style of play.

Nugs-Lakers season series, can't really pay much attention to that. First one was with AI, second we just lost, 3rd they didnt have Bynum and came off a back to back and 4th we were coming off a back to back and going without Martin. Just think the matchup even without HCA is better against LA.

As far as Cleveland, they handled us pretty well, appear to be cruising through the east with hardly a problem, and I will not be as confident as I will be when we get to the WCF.

spdirty
05-05-2009, 08:02 PM
It would be very unusual for a team to make a jump like that, but never say never, I suppose. I just can't see them even getting to the finals unless Houston takes out LA. Denver went into LA after winning 12 out of 13 or something late in the year, feeling very good about themselves, and basically got flicked aside. They could give LA a good series, but I don't think they'd win.

That game matters about as much as the one we beat them in last February. That game we were coming off a B2B, we didnt have Martin, and it was Bynums frist game back so they were pretty jazzed up. That game was also damn competitive going into the 4th quarter, even though we played like crap.

Don't know, I'd be pretty jazzed, but not really satisfied if we won the west without beating LA.

BroncoMan4ever
05-05-2009, 08:23 PM

giving the Hornets a 58 point beating(the worst playoff loss for a team in over 50 years) making Chris Paul look like crap, and being almost unbeatable at home the last month, makes them a scary team for anyone right now.

BroncoMan4ever
05-05-2009, 08:25 PM

i have been following the Nuggets for almost 20 years, since i went to my 1st game when i was 4 years old at the old McNichols arena.

Los Broncos
05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Houston won last night but they aren't winning the series.

And I picked the Lakers going to the finals, which means Denver wont win it all.

JJJ
05-05-2009, 09:51 PM

Hmmmm. This cannot be as I was led to believe the epic and diehard Denver fans were not bandwagoners.

TheChamp24
05-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Hmmmm. This cannot be as I was led to believe the epic and diehard Denver fans were not bandwagoners.

There is a difference between being a bandwagoner and a fair weather fan.
Colorado is a football and hockey state anyways, with little regard to the Nuggets and Rockies.

Dudeskey
05-06-2009, 12:11 AM
The Nuggets have finally figured out how to play playoff basketball.

They are a very dangerous team.

Not only that it seems as though they are much better conditioned. When the 4th quarter comes around the opposition seems to lose a step...

spdirty
05-06-2009, 12:18 AM
There is a difference between being a bandwagoner and a fair weather fan.
Colorado is a football and hockey state anyways, with little regard to the Nuggets and Rockies.

Oh bullshlt. Yeah we are a Bronco town first, but the Rockies led attendence in the majors from 1993-1998, then figured out the scam and quit showing up so much.

Nugs have really not done shlt since the 80's, with flashes here and there, but how in the hell could anyone even watch some of those 90's and early 00-02 teams?

They show themselves to even be competitive and this city embraces them.

And this is the first year in about 20 that they have made people believe that they could be capable of hanging with the big dogs in the big games.

Hell did you even see the Pepsi Center once they won a single playoff series for the first time in 15 years? That place was frickin electric.

Kaylore
05-06-2009, 01:35 AM
A lot of us grew up watching good Nuggets basketball with class guys like Alex English. I still have an old windbreaker with the Denver skyline logo. Then they sucked barf for so many years and while it made for a cheap night out, it was hard to get behind a team that was going nowhere. I think Denver was tentative about this team, but they've fallen in love with all the good stories (Anderson overcoming addiction, Billups coming home, Melo learning to pass) and the great basketball they're playing.

Denver is a good sports town and they follow every team. Most natives can tell you a little something about the major four teams (Broncs, Nuggets, Rockies, Avs) regardless of well they're playing. Our home games are among the loudest. But we're also a town that's had our hearts ripped out (Rockies swept in the WS, any Colts playoff game, any Spurs playoff series) Once bitten, twice shy as they say.

enjolras
05-06-2009, 02:46 AM
It's strange, as the Nuggets were a 50 win team last year... it was just a freakish year in the west were 50 wins equated to an 8th seed.

Even so, this team is miles better than that team. Except for one stretch (not coincidentally when Nene was injured), this team should have been a 60 game winner. It's really amazing how much better this team is this year. Consider:

* Melo really matured during the olympics this year. I think working with coach K (someone who really understands how to develop players) was huge. He came back from that experience a much better player, particularly defensively. His maturity was evident even during the preseason (cutting the dreads off was a good start). The NBA needs to keep that olympic program going, it has done more to improve the play of its stars than anything I can imagine. The quality of basketball being played is seriously 100% better.

* Nene managed to stay healthy and has started to really develop. For years this team was going to go as far as Nene could take them. Between season ending injuries and cancer, it was just tough luck for him all around. With more or less a full season under his belt we are finally seeing the dominating inside post player that he always could be. He runs the floor really well, and is really becoming a more dominant physical player.

* Of course, the arrival of Billups has been huge. It's really neat not only because he's an incredible point guard, but the way that he has embraced his home town (and vice versa). He's made it clear that he loves this city and it makes it very very easy to root for the thrill from Park Hill.

* Dante Jones. Just WOW... I knew very little about him, but after watching him defend for about 5 minutes it became clear that this is exactly the type of defensive presence this team needed. The Nuggets already have excellent range in their starting lineup between Billups, Melo, and even Nene (who is deadly from 16 feet). Jones plays outstanding physical defense against guards who in theory should be able to out quick him. He has much quicker feet than I would have thought.

* The bench has matured immeasurably. If you told me that this team would be 2 games away from the western conference finals and Kleiza would be far worse than last year, I would have never believed it for a second. J.R. has matured unbelievably. You have to love Andersen as well. Andersen is another guy with real talent who has truly embraced the city of Denver. I see him out and about quite a bit (he may live Downtown..dunno). I've ran across him at Illegal Petes a few times, and have seen him hanging out on the patio at Noodles and company a few times as well. He's always been really great to pretty much everyone.

A note about J.R. Smith while I'm wrapping this up as well:

I've always known that he was fundamentally a good person. He lives in my building (in a place far nicer than mine), so I see him quite a bit. He's always super cool and really friendly. I usually try to avoid fawning over atheletes, but he's always struck up conversations with me. Even my dogs love him (my 12 pound rat terrier mutt was terrified of him for awhile, but he got over it). Having seen him over the last year or so, it was obvious coming into this season that he had matured. He was on team select that practiced with the Olympic squad and I think that had much of the same effect on him that it did on 'Melo.

Oh he is also a crazy fanatical golfer who plays at City Park of all places quite a bit... City Park. For some reason I find that really cool. Oh ya, and he dresses in full Payne Stewart style golf gear. It's always funny to see him in the elevator with knickers and plaid knee socks...

Anyways, as you may have noticed, I REALLY like this team. I don't think they'll win the championship this year as I just don't think they can rebound with the Lakers or the Rockets. The core of this team is REALLY young, Melo is about to turn 25. Nene is 26, Smith is 23.. Billups is the outlier at 32, but he still has several good years left. Andersen (30) hasn't even scraped his potential yet, and it really does seem like he has everything going in the right direction. Another season of maturity and I think the Nuggets have a real shot at winning a title.

Certainly the closest this city has right now.

I can't wait for game 3.

UberBroncoMan
05-06-2009, 04:28 AM
LOL It is funny that people are just now hearing about it. Denver has fallen in love with the Nuggs generally and Chauncey specifically, so it's not news here. However nationally we're a small market so some Bronco fans are just now catching on. !Booya!

Been following the Nuggets since the days of Dikembe Mutombo. I'd almost say it's been more of a heartbreak watching them the last few years get owned in the 1st round over and over than it was seeing them suck and miss the playoffs by a ton.

It's nice to see they've got a solid plan now though.

Did you all know the Nuggest are 51-3 this year when leading after the 3rd quarter?

They have a nasty bench, and go insane D in the 4th when the other team is worn down. Often there's a fully rested Chris Andersen that comes in to help facilitate the turnovers etc.

Overall, they got a great thing going and it was awesome to watch the Nuggets blow another team away int he 4th quarter last night.

:D!

Lets just hope we don't get another Red Sox embarrassment for one of our "lesser" Denver sports teams if we get to the finals.

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 04:50 AM

Do you know how hard it is to catch a Nuggets game in New York? They are in the playoffs and I can catch Yankees highlights from last year, review on the Jets draft or one three used car dealers shows before I can find a Nuggets game. The Nuggets are wrecking people. I saw a little bit of the second game against Dallas. I don't care who they play. I think they are going to be in the series which is all I have ever wanted to see.

vancejohnson82
05-06-2009, 08:46 AM
the Nuggets really got two dream matchups in the playoffs so far....they got a beat up Hornets team that struggled to score this year...

now they have Dallas who play into every strength the Nuggets have....Dirk is literally afraid of Kenyon Martin, as much as J-Kidd would love to run they can't get into a fast break contest with the Nugs, Terry can't play defense so it lets Smith get off his shot when he wants and Dampier can't move with Nene...

thats what happens when you get the 2 seed though...you get good matchups...the Nuggets won't beat the Lakers though, as much as I would like them to

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Dirk is literally afraid of Kenyon Martin

Sure he is.

vancejohnson82
05-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Sure he is.

he had like two shots within 10 feet....because he doesnt want to go to the rim...the Nuggets will let him do that all day

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 08:55 AM
he had like two shots within 10 feet....because he doesnt want to go to the rim...the Nuggets will let him do that all day

Keep thinking that, man.

vancejohnson82
05-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Keep thinking that, man.

hahahaha....its 2-0 dude....i'm not even bashing the Mavs, just saying that they don't match up well...hell, I would love to see a competetive series, I just don't think its going to happen

you have to admit that in the first two games the Nugs have been the more physical, attacking team....right?

Meck77
05-06-2009, 08:59 AM

huh did Alex English come back?

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 09:02 AM
huh did Alex English come back?

Blair Rasmussen and Danny Schayes did.

Hey - I used to go to Nuggets games at McNichols all the time as a kid. I've caught Doug Moe in the Mavs media dining room before. Good times.

bowtown
05-06-2009, 09:04 AM

Because professional basketball is a tainted sport, filled with spoiled brats, thugs, and refs who fix games. So unless you have a team that is winning and it's the playoffs, then there is very little to get behind or excited about.

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Because professional basketball is a tainted sport, filled with spoiled brats, thugs, and refs who fix games. So unless you have a team that is winning and it's the playoffs, then there is very little to get behind or excited about.

Ahahaha...well, yeah! :)

vancejohnson82
05-06-2009, 09:11 AM

so how does that make it any different than the otehr professional sports? although the one thing I agree with is that the reffing is terrible for most games...

for what its worth guys like Lebron James are great for the sport....just a nice kid

SonOfLe-loLang
05-06-2009, 09:27 AM
so how does that make it any different than the otehr professional sports? although the one thing I agree with is that the reffing is terrible for most games...

for what its worth guys like Lebron James are great for the sport....just a nice kid

Agreed, all sports are pretty "tainted," but its not like we're inviting any of these people in our daily lives. We root for the uniform and the sport.

And LeBron James is friggin unreal. We are all witnesses for sure. Assuming he doesn't get hurt, i assume we'll be talkin about bron and jordan in the same sentence (though their games are different, their dominance is similar)

vancejohnson82
05-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Agreed, all sports are pretty "tainted," but its not like we're inviting any of these people in our daily lives. We root for the uniform and the sport.

And LeBron James is friggin unreal. We are all witnesses for sure. Assuming he doesn't get hurt, i assume we'll be talkin about bron and jordan in the same sentence (though their games are different, their dominance is similar)

the thing that impresses me about Lebron is that his teammates legitimately like and respect him....with guys like Kobe you're not really sure if the other 11 guys on the roster like him or not....thats the part of being a superstar that is the hardest, commanding respect and being liked....

its especially impressive because Lebron is so young

SonOfLe-loLang
05-06-2009, 10:19 AM
the thing that impresses me about Lebron is that his teammates legitimately like and respect him....with guys like Kobe you're not really sure if the other 11 guys on the roster like him or not....thats the part of being a superstar that is the hardest, commanding respect and being liked....

its especially impressive because Lebron is so young

Absolutely. Look at what happens when Lebron slams down on some poor sucker. Watch the Cavs bench. they party like its 1999, they love playing for him

azbroncfan
05-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Well as a Jazz fan Barkley picked us to win it all the last three years. He just always makes radical predictions and will never pick the Lakers or Spurs since he seems not to like those teams.

Although I have watched most of the nugget playoff games and they are a good team that can beat the Lakers in my opinion.

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Well as a Jazz fan Barkley picked us to win it all the last three years. He just always makes radical predictions and will never pick the Lakers or Spurs since he seems not to like those teams.

Although I have watched most of the nugget playoff games and they are a good team that can beat the Lakers in my opinion.

I think the Nuggets can pull if off but I think it is funny that Barkley is a Nuggets fan.

bronco_diesel
05-06-2009, 04:10 PM
I think the Nuggets can pull if off but I think it is funny that Barkley is a Nuggets fan.

Barkley has been critical of the Nuggs for years. I wouldn't call him a fan, I think he really believes the Nuggs are legit this year.

bombay
05-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Okay, you old time Nuggets fans. Which of you can tell me who Doug Moe referred to as Fat Little Hog #2?

bombay
05-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Barkley has been critical of the Nuggs for years. I wouldn't call him a fan, I think he really believes the Nuggs are legit this year.

Charles was pissing all over the Nuggets as recently as last week. He's got Karl pretty hot under the collar.

crush17
05-06-2009, 04:54 PM
It's strange, as the Nuggets were a 50 win team last year... it was just a freakish year in the west were 50 wins equated to an 8th seed.

Even so, this team is miles better than that team. Except for one stretch (not coincidentally when Nene was injured), this team should have been a 60 game winner. It's really amazing how much better this team is this year. Consider:

* Melo really matured during the olympics this year. I think working with coach K (someone who really understands how to develop players) was huge. He came back from that experience a much better player, particularly defensively. His maturity was evident even during the preseason (cutting the dreads off was a good start). The NBA needs to keep that olympic program going, it has done more to improve the play of its stars than anything I can imagine. The quality of basketball being played is seriously 100% better.

* Nene managed to stay healthy and has started to really develop. For years this team was going to go as far as Nene could take them. Between season ending injuries and cancer, it was just tough luck for him all around. With more or less a full season under his belt we are finally seeing the dominating inside post player that he always could be. He runs the floor really well, and is really becoming a more dominant physical player.

* Of course, the arrival of Billups has been huge. It's really neat not only because he's an incredible point guard, but the way that he has embraced his home town (and vice versa). He's made it clear that he loves this city and it makes it very very easy to root for the thrill from Park Hill.

* Dante Jones. Just WOW... I knew very little about him, but after watching him defend for about 5 minutes it became clear that this is exactly the type of defensive presence this team needed. The Nuggets already have excellent range in their starting lineup between Billups, Melo, and even Nene (who is deadly from 16 feet). Jones plays outstanding physical defense against guards who in theory should be able to out quick him. He has much quicker feet than I would have thought.

* The bench has matured immeasurably. If you told me that this team would be 2 games away from the western conference finals and Kleiza would be far worse than last year, I would have never believed it for a second. J.R. has matured unbelievably. You have to love Andersen as well. Andersen is another guy with real talent who has truly embraced the city of Denver. I see him out and about quite a bit (he may live Downtown..dunno). I've ran across him at Illegal Petes a few times, and have seen him hanging out on the patio at Noodles and company a few times as well. He's always been really great to pretty much everyone.

A note about J.R. Smith while I'm wrapping this up as well:

I've always known that he was fundamentally a good person. He lives in my building (in a place far nicer than mine), so I see him quite a bit. He's always super cool and really friendly. I usually try to avoid fawning over atheletes, but he's always struck up conversations with me. Even my dogs love him (my 12 pound rat terrier mutt was terrified of him for awhile, but he got over it). Having seen him over the last year or so, it was obvious coming into this season that he had matured. He was on team select that practiced with the Olympic squad and I think that had much of the same effect on him that it did on 'Melo.

Oh he is also a crazy fanatical golfer who plays at City Park of all places quite a bit... City Park. For some reason I find that really cool. Oh ya, and he dresses in full Payne Stewart style golf gear. It's always funny to see him in the elevator with knickers and plaid knee socks...

Anyways, as you may have noticed, I REALLY like this team. I don't think they'll win the championship this year as I just don't think they can rebound with the Lakers or the Rockets. The core of this team is REALLY young, Melo is about to turn 25. Nene is 26, Smith is 23.. Billups is the outlier at 32, but he still has several good years left. Andersen (30) hasn't even scraped his potential yet, and it really does seem like he has everything going in the right direction. Another season of maturity and I think the Nuggets have a real shot at winning a title.

Certainly the closest this city has right now.

I can't wait for game 3.

what a great post by someone who obviously follows the team. couldn't have said it better myself!!

Inkana7
05-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Sir Charles is far and away my favorite analyst for any sport.

"C'Mon Dwight! Get some Rebounds!"

"Aw man, that's turible. He look like a fool, he play like a chump, that's just turible."

That being said. The Cavs are going to win it all. :thumbsup:

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 06:29 PM

I called him fan using irony and ascerbic wit. One of the biggest jokes is the number of fans who have "always" been Nuggets fans. You know the ones who have a long story so because it's chatty it must be true.

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Charles was pissing all over the Nuggets as recently as last week. He's got Karl pretty hot under the collar.

Barkley seems to go with what works at the moment. He's turribel like that.

footstepsfrom#27
05-06-2009, 06:48 PM
I called him fan using irony and ascerbic wit. One of the biggest jokes is the number of fans who have "always" been Nuggets fans. You know the ones who have a long story so because it's chatty it must be true.
I loved 'em back in the old ABA days but it's been tough to follow this team for all these years of them paying no attention to defense and rolling out mostly soft teams with run & gun style that always got gunned down in the playoffs...if they made the playoffs at all. I hope they can build on this and stick with the way this new GM has them on course. It would be cool to see them finally win a title.

slyinky
05-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Me love Nuggets long time.

BroncoBuff
05-06-2009, 10:20 PM
enjolras, excellent stuff ....

I hope we just sic Dahntay and then JR on Kobe ... play real physical, use a few fouls, knock him off his game.

Maybe this hyper-physical front court continues against Gasol too.

Chris Andersen is a freak .... I think he could knock Gasol right outta rhythm - and his blocking/intimidating of shots might push him away from the hoop a bit.

Hulamau
05-06-2009, 11:38 PM

You been under a rock lately MVP? :-)

Odysseus
05-06-2009, 11:49 PM
I loved 'em back in the old ABA days but it's been tough to follow this team for all these years of them paying no attention to defense and rolling out mostly soft teams with run & gun style that always got gunned down in the playoffs...if they made the playoffs at all. I hope they can build on this and stick with the way this new GM has them on course. It would be cool to see them finally win a title.

You probably remember the Denver Rockets. Good times.