PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to test the water on the Cutler hating

Atlas
05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Who will have a better record this year?
Chicago?
or Denver?

Chicago has no OL and no WRs but they have a Probowl QB.
Denver has a VG OL, RB and WR but their D-line is subpar.

I'll bet all takers $20 that Chicago will have a better regular season record.

skpac1001
05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I am up for it.

oubronco
05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
You asked for it here comes the Cutler haters

PaintballCLE
05-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Chicago?
or Denver?

I'll bet all takers $20 that Chicago will have a better regularseason record.

cutler was a pro bowler behind a great OL and good receivers......and he still made a lot of bonehead decisions. Imagine when he only has 2 seconds to get rid of the ball to subpar receivers. I doubt he is a pro bowler this year.

However I think our records will be about the same. 8-8 Our offense outscores 8 teams, and their defense shuts out 8 teams.

Merlin
05-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Not only will they have a better record, but they will go into the playoffs, and might win at least a couple. I don't see Denver winning more than 4. No QB, I have seen nothing to make me think the D is going to miraculously improve.

Our OL is good, but Cutler's mobility and arm had something to do with that. Denver should have a better running game, which will help protect the QB, but I don't see them doing that well. If I knew better what to expect of McD I might change my mind on Denver wins, but not the final outcome in comparison with the Bears.

Atlas
05-04-2009, 07:15 PM
cutler was a pro bowler behind a great OL and good receivers......and he still made a lot of bonehead decisions. Imagine when he only has 2 seconds to get rid of the ball to subpar receivers. I doubt he is a pro bowler this year.

However I think our records will be about the same. 8-8 Our offense outscores 8 teams, and their defense shuts out 8 teams.

If you think it will be a push go ahead and bet. It might be a push or you might get lucky.

TonyR
05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
What does this have to do with hating Cutler?

Chicago will have the better record but it will have very little to do with Cutler vs. Orton. Denver will have more new players on its roster than any team in the league, a mostly new coaching staff, new schemes, a new playbook, and a very difficult schedule.

It's going to take more than one year to abandon the mediocrity this franchise in currently mired in.

PaintballCLE
05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
If you think it will be a push go ahead and bet. It might be a push or you might get lucky.

how about i bet you $20, 7-16 wins i win, 0-5 wins, you win, 6 we tie? LOL

Merlin
05-04-2009, 07:17 PM
cutler was a pro bowler behind a great OL and good receivers......and he still made a lot of bonehead decisions.
I totally agree about his bonehead decisions, but there is no doubt last year's team would have been lucky to win 6 games with virtually any other QB back there. As to Denver's OL and WR, yes they are good, but people fail to recognize how much of their success had to do with Cutler's mobility and arm. Our WR will look a lot more avg without a QB to compensate for BM, at times, poor routes and the tight spaces Royal got the ball in.

Atlas
05-04-2009, 07:19 PM
how about i bet you $20, 7-16 wins i win, 0-5 wins, you win, 6 we tie? LOL

For Denver? I'll give you 7 wins and higher. I'll take 6 wins and lower.

PaintballCLE
05-04-2009, 07:23 PM

how about you get 6 and everything lower, ill take everything above 6, including 6.5 (tie)

Atlas
05-04-2009, 07:23 PM

What some people don't understand and I take it you are one of them. Cutler is in his third year in the league. In his only second season of starting he threw for 4600 yards and 22 TDs and 18 INTS.

If that offense would have been kept together like Bowlen said he would. Denver would be looking top 5 in scoring, top 1 or 2 in offense. With the maturity of the OL, RB, WR and TEs hell everyone on offense had less than 4 years NFL experience. They would have been deadly.

I really can't wait for Shanny to come back and kick McFailure's ass.

GreatBronco16
05-04-2009, 07:26 PM
What does Chicagos schedule look like?

How bout we do this against common opponents? Or do the two not have but a couple games against the same team? I'll see if I can pull up the schedules here at work. Most sites get blocked but I'll see what I can manage.

TonyR
05-04-2009, 07:28 PM

So you'll be rooting against the Broncos when Shanny's coaching the opponent?

GreatBronco16
05-04-2009, 07:35 PM
I'll take you up on it. The two teams only have 5 common games. So I will take your bet that Denver will have the better record.

On a side bet, I'll bet you 10 bucks that the Lions split with the Bears this season.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
05-04-2009, 07:43 PM

try to bring his team back after give up the lead 5 times.

bpc
05-04-2009, 07:48 PM
No reason to hate Jay. He carried this franchise on his back the last two seasons. It's not his fault Denver didn't make the playoffs.

In the end, we could use the higher draft pick but Chicago will be competing for a NFC North championship and realistically, they'll make a play for the NFC title.

Rock Chalk
05-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Chicago?
or Denver?

I dont bet with money, however, your analysis is pretty weak. Let's take a better, in depth look at the two TEAMS.

Both teams play in the two of the worst divisions in football. With each team having one clearly better team in their division (Minnesota and San Diego respectively).

Chicago plays: @ GB, Pit, @Sea, Det, @Atl, @Cin, Cle, Arizona, @SF, Phi, @Min, Stl, @Bal, Min, @Det.

Looking at that, you can be sure Cutler will cost them 2 games, and win them 2 games, he ends up being a wash. The defense will bail him out of 2 games, but they are aging and not going to be as lucky next year in their interceptions. They will likely lose the GB, Pitt, Atl, Zona, Philly, Min x2, and Baltimore games. Leaving them at 8-8.

Denver plays: @Cin, Cle, @Oak, Dal, NE, @SD, @Bal, Pit, @Was, SD, NYG, @KC, @Ind, Oak, @Phi, KC.

On the surface, Denver's schedule looks considerably more difficult. A good portion of their toughest games, however, are at home which gives Denver a slight advantage. Denver should win the first 3 games, split the next two, drop the SD road game, split the next two again, take the next 4, lose to Indy, beat Oakland and KC but lose at Philly.

That puts Denver at 11-5.

Denver went 8-8 last year and could have fared 10-6 if Cutler hadn't crapped his pants the last 3 games of the season. Sure the defense didnt do him any favors in 2 of those final 3 games, but he shouldnt have been shocked to see that and should have stepped up knowing our defense sucked balls instead he folded like a cheap whore.

So, Im going to say Denver, with a MUCH improved Defense (just in safeties and coaching alone), a less mistake prone QB who you know, actually knows what its like to have a WINNING record in the NFL and College, the best OL in the league, a kick ass WR corps, some above average TEs and an, on paper anyway, kick ass backfield.

Oh yeah, we are doing better than Chi-town next year.

Los Broncos
05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Bears will, we'll only win 6-7 games.

bpc
05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I dont bet with money, however, your analysis is pretty weak. Let's take a better, in depth look at the two TEAMS.

Both teams play in the two of the worst divisions in football. With each team having one clearly better team in their division (Minnesota and San Diego respectively).

Chicago plays: @ GB, Pit, @Sea, Det, @Atl, @Cin, Cle, Arizona, @SF, Phi, @Min, Stl, @Bal, Min, @Det.

Looking at that, you can be sure Cutler will cost them 2 games, and win them 2 games, he ends up being a wash. The defense will bail him out of 2 games, but they are aging and not going to be as lucky next year in their interceptions. They will likely lose the GB, Pitt, Atl, Zona, Philly, Min x2, and Baltimore games. Leaving them at 8-8.

Denver plays: @Cin, Cle, @Oak, Dal, NE, @SD, @Bal, Pit, @Was, SD, NYG, @KC, @Ind, Oak, @Phi, KC.

On the surface, Denver's schedule looks considerably more difficult. A good portion of their toughest games, however, are at home which gives Denver a slight advantage. Denver should win the first 3 games, split the next two, drop the SD road game, split the next two again, take the next 4, lose to Indy, beat Oakland and KC but lose at Philly.

Denver went 8-8 last year and could have fared 10-6 if Cutler hadn't crapped his pants the last 3 games of the season. Sure the defense didnt do him any favors in 2 of those final 3 games, but he shouldnt have been shocked to see that and should have stepped up knowing our defense sucked balls instead he folded like a cheap whore.

So, Im going to say Denver, with a MUCH improved Defense (just in safeties and coaching alone), a less mistake prone QB who you know, actually knows what its like to have a WINNING record in the NFL and College, the best OL in the league, a kick ass WR corps, some above average TEs and an, on paper anyway, kick ass backfield.

Another idiot take by Alec. Why do you waste 15 minutes writing this crap?

Broncoman13
05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
The ONLY reason Chicago will have a better record is b/c they play a hugely soft schedule while the Broncos play on the opposite end of that spectrum. Not sure even the Chargers will play a schedule as tough as ours.

I'll put it this way, if we had the Bears on our schedule we would beat them head to head. We're a better team than the Bears but the records won't indicate such. Cheap bet Atlas.

Rock Chalk
05-04-2009, 08:17 PM

Why do you waste 15 minutes reading it dip****?

You talk a lot of **** for a pussy.

Orange_Beard
05-04-2009, 08:19 PM

Most of the Bonehead decisions were made when he had time...it could be better for him not to have time.

Orange_Beard
05-04-2009, 08:21 PM

It took you 15 minutes to read that? Hmm.

ohiobronco2
05-04-2009, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't say Bears will have a shi**y O line. Williams was injured last year and if Pace returns to form, they may be solid. We will really find out how great of a QB Jay really is in Chicago. Many believe his numbers were inflated because of the talent around him. By most accounts the Chicago WR's are terrible, but great QB's make mediocre players look pretty good. Does Brett Farve go play for Minnesota? And how does that effect the outcome? :)

theAPAOps5
05-04-2009, 08:34 PM
You have to give some handicap because Chicago plays in a weak ass division and doesn't have to face the NFC East like Denver. That said I think the drunk comes to earth really quick with the **** tools he has around him.

ohiobronco2
05-04-2009, 08:41 PM
You have to give some handicap because Chicago plays in a weak ass division and doesn't have to face the NFC East like Denver. That said I think the drunk comes to earth really quick with the **** tools he has around him.

Not trying to be a smart as*, but do you think the AFC West is tough?

BroncoMan4ever
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
i am calling 10-6 for Denver and 9-7 for Chicago.

Cutler made boneheaded mistakes playing behind a line that would give him all day to throw and a pair of WRs and TE who all have elite talent. no way will he duplicate last season with Chicago's porous line and no receivers, especially since he isn't that great at checking down to his safety valve in a RB, in his current situation Forte. add in Chicago's defense isn't elite anymore.

i will not be surprised if Orton looks awesome playing behind a line that will keep his uniform clean and actual receiving weapons.

gunns
05-04-2009, 08:48 PM
What does this have to do with hating Cutler?

Chicago will have the better record but it will have very little to do with Cutler vs. Orton. Denver will have more new players on its roster than any team in the league, a mostly new coaching staff, new schemes, a new playbook, and a very difficult schedule.

It's going to take more than one year to abandon the mediocrity this franchise in currently mired in.

Sounds like another bunch of excuses for the Broncos. A different spin hearing them in the off season when our optimism is usually starting to peak instead of after the 4th or 5th game of the season.

I won't take that bet, I agree with Atlas. IMO it all comes down to that damn defense. Did we do enough? I don't think so but if they are will they come together this year? Chicago has a decent QB (no aspersion on Orton), the O line last year was better than our D and if Chris Williams is injury free they may see if he can do anything. They also have a D that actually perform at times. We have the better offense overall, a very good O line which may aid Orton, but I still have to see what the D and special teams will do. Until then my money's on Chicago

BroncoMan4ever
05-04-2009, 08:52 PM

outside of the Giants, who is special in the NFC East. all those teams are beatable.

Giants don't look as good without Burress, and there biggest strength on the team their DL goes against our biggest strength on offense our OL, so it is a wash and becomes winnable

Dallas, give me a break is there a more overrated team in the league?

Philadelphia, good when they need to be, play down to weaker competition, tend to be streaky.

Washington, upgraded the DL, but pissed off their QB. Portis is getting older, they still have a weak OL

i don't see the big deal on the NFC East

theAPAOps5
05-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Touche my friend touche!!!! :)

HEAV
05-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Wow a fan betting against his team. Classy.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm pissed at every party involved in this fiasco. Equal parts McDaniels, Cutler, and Bowlen. **** each one right in the ear for allowing this situation to get to this point.

slyinky
05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
I'll bet you $20 that the Broncos offense scores more points than the Bears offense. Since Chicago's offense ranked higher in scoring last year and have added Cutler to the mix, this would seem to be a bet in your favor.

Blueflame
05-04-2009, 09:19 PM

Yes. In the 14-season Shanahan era, the Broncos went 3-3 in our own division 8 times. We were 4-2 three times (1996, 1997, 2000), 5-1 twice (2003, 2005) and 6-0 once (1998).

Atlas
05-04-2009, 09:36 PM
how about you get 6 and everything lower, ill take everything above 6, including 6.5 (tie)

Sure you can have the tie.

Atlas
05-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Cutler is going to his 4th season in the NFL, once he gets used to the Bears offense he is going to be amazing. He will be the best QB in the NFC in 2 years.

Atlas
05-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Wow a fan betting against his team. Classy.

Ok Bronco fan put up $20 if you are such a homer for your team. Hell, it's only $20, Well worth to prove your homerism. and that you stand by Bowlen and McFailure.

BroncoMan4ever
05-04-2009, 09:52 PM

Ok Bronco fan put up $20 if you are such a homer for your team. Hell, it's only $20, Well worth to prove your homerism. and that you stand by Bowlen and McFailure.

i'll put up 20 that Denver has at least a 7-9 record at the end of the season. and i hate McDaniels and think Bowlen has made a lot of ****ty moves this offseason, so you can't call me on being a homer to the Owner or coach. i just have faith in my team like i always do

i simply feel that the 370 points that Jay got us that led us to 8-8 last season can easily be matched or bettered by Orton. we finally have a feature RB, and our defense can only get better. we have finally invested in the ST game. we are a better team now, even without Jay than we were last season.

GreatBronco16
05-04-2009, 09:54 PM

And I thought this was a bet on which TEAM would have the better record, not that your bet would actually show which person(s) you support. In that case I retract my bet. But I will still bet you $10 that the Lions split with the Bears this season. You game for that one?

lazarus4444
05-05-2009, 02:26 AM
This sounds more like a mcdaniels hating thread than a cutler one. I'm glad shanny and cutler are gone. Got rid of the riff raff, now time to become a professional organization again.

cutthemdown
05-05-2009, 03:17 AM
The water is friggin boiling as far as I'm concerned. Screw Cutler I wish nothing but a crappy career for him. He can end up like George and it would make me a happy camper.

rmsanger
05-05-2009, 04:15 AM
Bears > Broncos for the next 3 years... sad to say it but maybe even longer :(

ohiobronco2
05-05-2009, 04:20 AM
Yes. In the 14-season Shanahan era, the Broncos went 3-3 in our own division 8 times. We were 4-2 three times (1996, 1997, 2000), 5-1 twice (2003, 2005) and 6-0 once (1998).

I get what you're saying, but we just had 4 teams draft in the top 20 of the draft. The rivalry between teams does make it a tough division, outside perception is that our division sucks. I agree with those people.

GreatBronco16
05-05-2009, 04:20 AM

End of thread. Just cause he said it is so.

Care to enlighten us on your opinion.

cutthemdown
05-05-2009, 04:27 AM
If Orlando Pace stays healthy, and Chris Williams come on strong, Bennett and the new Rookie WR are good, then Bears offense could be scary. But if the tackles struggle and no new WR targets emerge it could be rough going for Cutler. We will see how much ability he has this yr.

Broncos dropped a lot of his balls last yr, but he throws hard, he's not easy to catch IMO.

Hulamau
05-05-2009, 04:58 AM
Not only will they have a better record, but they will go into the playoffs, and might win at least a couple. I don't see Denver winning more than 4. No QB, I have seen nothing to make me think the D is going to miraculously improve.

Its a little dark in there, have to remove the head first to be able to see clearly. No miracles are required just some steady solid improvement will do this year nicely.

If I knew better what to expect of McD I might change my mind on Denver wins

Quoted for truth!

kamakazi_kal
05-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Chicago?
or Denver?

You forgot that damn fine RB Chicago has. Cutler may just make those WR look a little better also. Since Chicago has no bering on the Denver season I'll say that yes....Chicago will have a better regular season record.

I just don't have allot of faith in what's gone on this offseason to say "were there"
Maybe another offseason. I wish we had that other 1st next year so we could take a top prospect QB next year...... Mr. Orton isn't the awnser there long term.

Merlin
05-05-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm pissed at every party involved in this fiasco. Equal parts McDaniels, Cutler, and Bowlen. **** each one right in the ear for allowing this situation to get to this point.
Totally agree, but I will add Shanny for wanting to keep his DC. I'm pretty sure if he had not taken that stance we would look much better today. Lets hope MacD's growing pains are over and he is about to show the world he is a top flight HC.

Tombstone RJ
05-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Chicago?
or Denver?

1.Chicago has no OL and no WRs but they have a Probowl QB.

1. I don't think da barezz offense is that bad, in fact, I think the offense (oline, RBs, WRs) is pretty good.

It's gonna be da barezzz defense that is gonna struggle, IMHO.

Merlin
05-05-2009, 09:00 AM
[COLOR="Red"]Its a little dark in there, have to remove the head first to be able to see clearly. No miracles are required just some steady solid improvement will do this year nicely
Some of us don't drink the koolaid as well as others. At this moment all we can do is guess about the D, but there has not been a single TRUE acquisition that screams we are better. We may be by subtraction, but we'll have to wait and see (the same goes for the rookies, since rookies with fewer question marks have failed miserably in the past).

PS Although I think Nolan is better than we had, I'm not high on him at the moment (unless he has changed his philosophy).

55CrushEm
05-05-2009, 09:17 AM

I see what you're saying.....but the NFC QB's aren't close to what the AFC QB's are.....so he still might make the ProBowl just because he'll be one of the top 3 of a poorer group.

cousinal11
05-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Reasons our defense will be improved:

#5 - "Addition by subtraction"
#4 - Coaching/scheme
#3 - Safeties
#2 - A legitimate running game
#1 - No Slowdick

I don't anticipate a major dropoff in production from the offense. *see #2

Our special teams should be freaking awesome, condsidering nearly every player we added can play special teams.

Overall, I think we're a more complete, well-rounded team, but our schedule is brutal.

Denver 7-9

Still a year away IMO.

Chicago 9-7

DarkHorse30
05-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm in.

TonyR
05-05-2009, 09:38 AM
...but there has not been a single TRUE acquisition that screams we are better...

You don't think the Dawkins/Hill safety tandem is better than the garbage we had out there last season? And that Goodman is at least a slight upgrade over Bly? Or am I misunderstanding your point?

Caligula
05-05-2009, 09:39 AM
:laugh: Did I read someone guess we'll go 11-5? :laugh: Thats just FUNNY.

People complain about 18 INTs when throwing the ball 600+ times is just.... cute. Not very observant, but cute.

Do you guys REALLY think our OL is going to look as 'dominant' this season? Really?

We had NINE games last year where the opposing team scored over 30+ points. Thats a TON. Split that in half, and thats a TON! Over the last 32 games Cutler has started, the defense gave up 30+ points in 15. Thats nearly every other game our offense was trying to keep up with 30+ points, and you think Cutler was the problem? :laugh:

Its easy to choose to check down and simply to throw the ball away when you know that your defense has a CHANCE of stopping someone. Even if Chicago's defense isn't as good as the SB season, it at least stand a CHANCE. Denver's defense was one that teams LOVED to play against. That changes the mentality and approach of not only the QB, but everone on the offense.

Show me a QB that doesn't make 'bone headed' decisions, and I'll show you a liar that doesn't watch much football.

We took the best player from our team, and placed him in Chicago. There was a reason that both Griese and Grossman beat Orton out. There was a reason that the Chicago was willing to throw him into the deal. I just hope that McDaniels can handle it when our team doesn't perform up to his over-blown ego's expectations and realizes that Belicheck had a lot to do with his success.

kamakazi_kal
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM

People complain about 18 INTs when throwing the ball 600+ times is just.... cute. Not very observant, but cute.

Do you guys REALLY think our OL is going to look as 'dominant' this season? Really?

We had NINE games last year where the opposing team scored over 30+ points. Thats a TON. Split that in half, and thats a TON! Over the last 32 games Cutler has started, the defense gave up 30+ points in 15. Thats nearly every other game our offense was trying to keep up with 30+ points, and you think Cutler was the problem? :laugh:

Its easy to choose to check down and simply to throw the ball away when you know that your defense has a CHANCE of stopping someone. Even if Chicago's defense isn't as good as the SB season, it at least stand a CHANCE. Denver's defense was one that teams LOVED to play against. That changes the mentality and approach of not only the QB, but everone on the offense.

Show me a QB that doesn't make 'bone headed' decisions, and I'll show you a liar that doesn't watch much football.

We took the best player from our team, and placed him in Chicago. There was a reason that both Griese and Grossman beat Orton out. There was a reason that the Chicago was willing to throw him into the deal. I just hope that McDaniels can handle it when our team doesn't perform up to his over-blown ego's expectations and realizes that Belicheck had a lot to do with his success.

WOW ..... their's just way to much logic in this post. Your gonna get roasted by half this board now but for what it's worth .... REP.

cousinal11
05-05-2009, 10:49 AM
WOW ..... their's just way to much logic in this post. Your gonna get roasted by half this board now but for what it's worth .... REP.

Beat me to it. :strong:

Garcia Bronco
05-05-2009, 10:58 AM
**** Chicago Barbie.

tsiguy96
05-05-2009, 10:58 AM

I'll bet 20 broncos win atleast 7 games

Garcia Bronco
05-05-2009, 11:03 AM

Don't forget about the redzone int's or the fumbles, and yeah I do think our O-line will be just as good. You also must have missed the 2-3 games with 3 plus INT's

There is one in New England and one in Indy. I think our new coach worked with one of them, but I don't recall.

Hamrob
05-05-2009, 11:59 AM
I think the Bears will be pretty tough. Yes the defense is aging...but now they've received a boost. They have a captain they can believe in with Cutler. They have a very good RB in Forte and a not so tough schedule. My guess is that they finish up 10-6 or 11-5. They'll make the playoffs and be competetive.

Our Broncos made a huge error in letting Cutler get away. That's something we're just going to have to live with...because it will be talked about forever.

However, we have the same offense in place...with a much improved running game. Yes, Cutler's gone...but it was only his 2nd full season last year...he was still in learning mode...and hadn't fully hit his groove in terms of capability. Orton coming in and making good decisions will help fill that big hole. Where Orton will not replace Cutler is in playmakng ability. For those of you who truly hate Cutler...I'd ask that you go take a look at his 3rd down qb rating. He was one of the best in the NFL. He moved the chains where Orton just doesn't have that skillset. Still...our offense should be comparible to last years.

On Defense, we've improved our secondary tremendously and we've added leadership to that side of the ball with Davis and Dawkins. We've also improved our defensive coaching and the bottom line is...you can't get worse on D then we were last year. I think we will be improved there.

Special teams...we've addressed this area nicely too (IMO).

So what's left? Shanny vs. Mchoodie: Shanny's experience will be missed undoubtedly...but Doogie brings excitement to the table and fresh, new ideas...that should be a plus. Teams will have a hard time game planning us this year. They don't know who this Broncos team is.

Having said all this...our schedule is tough...maybe the toughest in the NFL! Still with an improved team...that should play with more excitement. I'd like to believe we can recapture that home field advantage and go 6-2 at home and win 3-4 games on the road.

I don't buy into the excuses that we're changing our playbook and we've got a new coaching staff etc etc. Tell that to the Falcons of last year.

We should win 9-10 games this year and could surprise. But, I think the Bears will be slightly better. They've needed a QB and now they have him.

kamakazi_kal
05-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Our biggest boost this season will be the fact that Orton just needs to turn around and hand it off. Moreno will be the biggest help.

55CrushEm
05-05-2009, 12:15 PM

J/K....just thought the card was funny.

Blueflame
05-05-2009, 12:18 PM
I get what you're saying, but we just had 4 teams draft in the top 20 of the draft. The rivalry between teams does make it a tough division, outside perception is that our division sucks. I agree with those people.

Our division does currently suck against teams from any other division (well, except the NFCW)... however, it's always...always a dogfight between the four teams. Even in our worst season in recent history (the 6-10 1999 season), half of our wins were over division rivals (swept the Raiders and split with the Boltz). It doesn't matter how abysmally any given AFCW may be faring in general; they will be up for a division game and could even win.

oubronco
05-05-2009, 01:20 PM

J/K....just thought the card was funny.

LOL ROFL!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-05-2009, 01:25 PM
What some people don't understand and I take it you are one of them. Cutler is in his third year in the league. In his only second season of starting he threw for 4600 yards and 22 TDs and 18 INTS.

If that offense would have been kept together like Bowlen said he would. Denver would be looking top 5 in scoring, top 1 or 2 in offense. With the maturity of the OL, RB, WR and TEs hell everyone on offense had less than 4 years NFL experience. They would have been deadly.

So, who do you root for?

uplink
05-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Liked him as a bronco, now he reminds me of Jeff George

ohiobronco2
05-05-2009, 02:42 PM
I'll bet 20 broncos win atleast 7 games

Just so we are clear, you are betting $20 that the Bronco's will win atleast 7 games, not that 20 Broncos will win 7 games. :~ohyah!:

Pick Six
05-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Our biggest boost this season will be the fact that Orton just needs to turn around and hand it off. Moreno will be the biggest help.

At least Orton has NFL experience. I have HOPE for Moreno, but that's all I can say about him at this time...

colonelbeef
05-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Chicago will have a better record in a stronger division.

TonyR
05-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Chicago will have a better record in a stronger division.

Have you already purchased your Bears Cutler jersey or will you wait until they've played a few games in case he craps the bed and you'd be embarrassed to be seen in it?

~Crash~
05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Have you already purchased your Bears Cutler jersey or will you wait until they've played a few games in case he craps the bed and you'd be embarrassed to be seen in it?

so I take it we start out 0-6then finsh up 4-12 you will be out here ? :welcome:

TonyR
05-05-2009, 04:49 PM
so I take it we sart out 0-6then finsh up 4-12 you will be out here ? :welcome:

Do you type with your thumbs? Or are you drinking? Both?

~Crash~
05-05-2009, 04:53 PM

rep again very good post indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Crash~
05-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Do you type with your thumbs? Or are you drinking? Both?

And I take it you are a **** head !

skpac1001
05-05-2009, 05:09 PM

Out of curiosity, if you remove the 12 interceptions Jay threw in those 9 games, how many games do you figure we would still have 30+ scored on us? 3?

zdoor
05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
I think the Bears will be pretty tough. Yes the defense is aging...but now they've received a boost. They have a captain they can believe in with Cutler. They have a very good RB in Forte and a not so tough schedule. My guess is that they finish up 10-6 or 11-5. They'll make the playoffs and be competetive.

Our Broncos made a huge error in letting Cutler get away. That's something we're just going to have to live with...because it will be talked about forever.

However, we have the same offense in place...with a much improved running game. Yes, Cutler's gone...but it was only his 2nd full season last year...he was still in learning mode...and hadn't fully hit his groove in terms of capability. Orton coming in and making good decisions will help fill that big hole. Where Orton will not replace Cutler is in playmakng ability. For those of you who truly hate Cutler...I'd ask that you go take a look at his 3rd down qb rating. He was one of the best in the NFL. He moved the chains where Orton just doesn't have that skillset. Still...our offense should be comparible to last years.

On Defense, we've improved our secondary tremendously and we've added leadership to that side of the ball with Davis and Dawkins. We've also improved our defensive coaching and the bottom line is...you can't get worse on D then we were last year. I think we will be improved there.

Special teams...we've addressed this area nicely too (IMO).

So what's left? Shanny vs. Mchoodie: Shanny's experience will be missed undoubtedly...but Doogie brings excitement to the table and fresh, new ideas...that should be a plus. Teams will have a hard time game planning us this year. They don't know who this Broncos team is.

Having said all this...our schedule is tough...maybe the toughest in the NFL! Still with an improved team...that should play with more excitement. I'd like to believe we can recapture that home field advantage and go 6-2 at home and win 3-4 games on the road.

I don't buy into the excuses that we're changing our playbook and we've got a new coaching staff etc etc. Tell that to the Falcons of last year.

We should win 9-10 games this year and could surprise. But, I think the Bears will be slightly better. They've needed a QB and now they have him.

Gotta say, i agree with pretty much everything you said. Great post...

maher_tyler
05-05-2009, 07:47 PM

I love the optimism...i really hope your right!!

Cito Pelon
05-05-2009, 10:46 PM

The observant person looks at INT %, and Jay was in the top 5. The cute but inobservant person posts what you did.