PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy scout paralyzed!!!!

cutthemdown
05-03-2009, 06:51 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/03/report-cowboys-scout-is-permanently-paralyzed-from-the-waist-down/

The Dallas Cowboys announced tonight that scouting assistant Rich Behm will be permanently paralyzed from the waist down after suffering a fracture of his back that “severed the spinal cord,” according to the Associated Press.

Behm, 33, was injured in the devastating wind storms that collapsed the Cowboys’ indoor practice facility.

Behm is reportedly in stable condition after undergoing surgery.

Special teams coach Joe DeCamillis is going to have surgery Monday to repair a fractured cervical vertebrae. He was able to walk after being injured and is expected to make a complete recovery. Per the team, DeCamillis is in stable condition.

Assistant athletic trainer Greg Gaither fractured his tibia and fibula in his right leg, which required surgery. He remains hospitalized.

Here is an unabridged statement from Cowboys team owner Jerry Jones posted on the team’s official Web site:

“To the Behm family we extend our love, comfort, and the full support of every person and resource within the organization. Rich is a courageous member of our family and someone for whom we care deeply. We ask for all friends and fans of the Dallas Cowboys to join us in embracing him and his family with their thoughts and prayers at this very difficult time.

TheDave
05-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Wow... Thats sad.

Best to him and his family.

TDmvp
05-03-2009, 07:01 PM
very sad ... I wonder if teams need to rethink those structures a little. Maybe at least learn to get people away/out of them in storms .

dreasher54
05-03-2009, 07:12 PM
that is so sad

cutthemdown
05-03-2009, 07:15 PM
very sad ... I wonder if teams need to rethink those structures a little. Maybe at least learn to get people away/out of them in storms .

Do we have one like this one? Or is our's different? If it's the same they should pay close attention.

Florida_Bronco
05-03-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm sure he'll sue the team and win millions, and rightly so IMO.

footstepsfrom#27
05-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Lawyers are lining up as we speak. I read that the wind that took down the structure was 65 mph...possibly a 70 mph microburst. The first thing that comes to mind is whether the limits of this structure were known or unknown to the team officials prior to this tragedy.

Gcver2ver3
05-03-2009, 07:37 PM

maybe...

but there is no amount of money that can fix this...

very sad...

JJJ
05-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Very, very sad.

I am sure Jerry Jones will take care of him and his family very well. He can be an ass sometimes but I think he has a very big heart and is very loyal to his employees.

As a scout this guy has a very good chance of continuing working after his recovery and I am sure Jerry will give him the chance to do so.

Punisher
05-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Thats ****ed up.

gunns
05-03-2009, 08:42 PM
How sad. Hope Jones takes care of the Behm family. If he does there should be no reason to sue. My hopes for a complete recovery, or as to close to, for all.

OABB
05-03-2009, 08:43 PM
I was watching Prime"U" the other day on nfln and when Deion was hugging Nate Newton they fell into the bubble wall and Newton got scared and said "watch out, you'll break the bubble" I laughed at thinking how absurd that was at the time.

perhaps these Bubble's aren't the safest buildings?

my prayers go out to all those injured.

DenverBrit
05-03-2009, 08:49 PM
That's terrible news. :(

BroncoDoug
05-03-2009, 08:57 PM
I was watching Prime"U" the other day on nfln and when Deion was hugging Nate Newton they fell into the bubble wall and Newton got scared and said "watch out, you'll break the bubble" I laughed at thinking how absurd that was at the time.

perhaps these Bubble's aren't the safest buildings?

my prayers go out to all those injured.

The bubble that just fell down was built when Parcells got there... But I see your point, they need to be as secure as a building is.

And i've driven past the Broncos 'bubble' a few times, it doesn't look as flimsy as that one did. it has an actual building with the bubble being just the roof

HEAV
05-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Damn... Dude thought it was going to be another day at work and then a life changing event happens.

Poor guy... this is sad.

HILife
05-04-2009, 08:57 AM
That was really sad when I read it. Tourible thing that happened

Kaylore
05-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Is it true this is Dan Reeves son in law?

HILife
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Is it true this is Dan Reeves son in law?

I think it was Joe DeCamillis.

Donk
05-04-2009, 01:55 PM

Years ago I was working Construction in Denver when a high wind cleared everything off of the seventeenth floor.

I was the highest rated hourly employee. (Responsible for all the general contractors workers}
There were no serious injuries.
The company’s insurance informed us that the high wind (75 miles per hour) was
“ An ACT OF GOD” Therefore we were not responsible.

The Cowboy’s employees could be covered by workmen’s comp.

Kaylore
05-04-2009, 02:30 PM
I think it was Joe DeCamillis.

...so is that a yes?

Donk
05-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Joe DeCamillis iS Dan's son in law he has a broken back.
is expected to recover.

Kaylore
05-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Joe DeCamillis iS Dan's son in law he has a broken back.
is expected to recover.

That's great news! When did his prognosis change?

no-pseudo-fan
05-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I think there were 2 guys with broken backs, one will never walk again, the other will need surgery but will recover

Kaylore
05-04-2009, 03:18 PM
I think there were 2 guys with broken backs, one will never walk again, the other will need surgery but will recover

Thank you! Sorry I'm stupid today.

theAPAOps5
05-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Jesus check out the video on the whole collapse.

<object width="464" height="376"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/716013"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/716013" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" width="464" height="376"></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href="http://www.break.com/index/dallas-cowboy-facility-destroyed.html">Cowboy Practice Facility Collapses</a> - Watch more <a href="http://www.break.com/">Funny Videos</a></font>