PDA

View Full Version : Favre 5.0?

watermock
05-02-2009, 01:42 PM
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — Brett Favre says he's retired, but Minnesota coach Brad Childress acknowledges it's likely the Vikings will at least assess their interest in the record-setting quarterback later in the offseason.
Childress declined on Friday to directly answer a question about whether he plans to speak to Favre soon. The coach said he has been too busy with the NFL draft and the team's rookie minicamp.

HARVIN HOSPITALIZED: Vikes' top pick suffering from dehydration

Favre asked for and received his release from the Jets earlier this week. The 39-year-old Favre left his future open with the disclaimer "at this time" in a statement affirming his retirement.

The Packers filed tampering charges against the Vikings last summer, alleging inappropriate contact with Favre while he was waffling again on his retirement. The league dismissed the case.

. I guess he hates GB now.

Bronx33
05-02-2009, 01:45 PM
whos farve?

telluride
05-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Frankly, I'd kinda like to see Favre go to Minnesota. He'd probably do well there for a season. And if he can help beat Chicago twice, all the better for us.

Bronx33
05-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I wanna see him retire and go away he kinda reminds me of that SNL skit with john belushi ( the thing that wouldn't leave).

SportinOne
05-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Frankly, I'd kinda like to see Favre go to Minnesota. He'd probably do well there for a season. And if he can help beat Chicago twice, all the better for us.

I live in Wisconsin so I'm pretty excited about the upcoming season. Yes, I'm looking forward to see what the Broncos can do, but if they fall flat on their face I can still look forward to a pretty competitive year in the NFC North for entertainment purposes.

Peterson and the Vikings defense FINALLY have a decent quarterback to not screw up games for them.

Aaron Rogers and the rest of the younger Packers are a year older which should provide improvement alone. They also had a great draft, some would say the draft that many expected us to have (Raji and a USC linebacker).

The Lions can't be any worse than they were last year.

Then there's the Bears. Defense should bounce back and I hear they picked up a pretty good quarterback. I'm pulling for the Bears, of course. But I'm really just excited to see some good football being played.

Whether the Broncos do good or not, the AFC West just isn't very good this year.

randomtask
05-02-2009, 02:24 PM
http://chenzhen.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/favre2_speaks30608-308.jpg

broncofan7
05-02-2009, 03:02 PM

EXACTLY.

gyldenlove
05-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Favre has become a joke, I know he is still a player who is among the top 32 QBs in the league, but he is not the guy he used to be and Jets definitely saw that last year.

Normally I think it is cool when older players stick around and provider leadership and guidance, but the problem with the QB position is that you can't dial down the minutes and only play the player sparsely, and I have to admit I really doubt how much guidance Favre gives younger players at this point.

I have been a big Favre guy so as such I don't care much about his legacy, but the only thing he is really doing know is hurting his image. There will be a lot of young packers fans who will remember Favre for this ridiculous charade more than the super bowls and MVPs he won in the 90's.

NYBronco
05-02-2009, 03:19 PM
The economy must really be taking it's toll on the Favre.

If Favre comes back will Madden come out of retirement also?

Pony Boy
05-02-2009, 04:24 PM
The guy is a one man stimulus package, love him or hate him he sells tickets!

kdissette
05-02-2009, 04:34 PM
If Favre comes out of retirement does that mean Madden will unretire as well?

backup qb
05-02-2009, 04:49 PM
I like Favre, but let it go. Hang em up.

watermock
05-02-2009, 04:55 PM
I think has 1 more lap with the HornHeads, which is where he wanted to go last year.