PDA

View Full Version : Live press conference.... players...

Popps
05-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Players answering questions after practice. Seems to be live right now...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=7557

Popps
05-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Rookie linemen were just up.

ludo21
05-02-2009, 10:52 AM
thanks! seems noone is up now, but im sure they will come soon.

Popps
05-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Yea, there were two... Blake Schlueter and Oslon were the ones I saw. There may be more coming. Can't really tell. God forbid they splurge and throw some sort of graphic up there so we know what the hell is going on.

Broncoman13
05-02-2009, 11:02 AM
McD just said that Jarvis Moss has earned a starting spot to start camp... what do you think Popps??? BS in hopes for a trade? I'm sure you'll spin that one somehow.

Popps
05-02-2009, 11:05 AM
McD just said that Jarvis Moss has earned a starting spot to start camp... what do you think Popps??? BS in hopes for a trade? I'm sure you'll spin that one somehow.

Why would I spin that, junior? Have I been on the Moss bandwagon and missed it?

I have no clue what becomes of Moss. He doesn't look very instinctual to me, but I haven't seen him playing LB much, so maybe the staff sees something I don't. Or, maybe it's bull****.

Why don't you make yourself useful and post the link to his quote or some video?

Broncoman13
05-02-2009, 11:07 AM
He's on the podium talking about it... I thought you were watching the same thing?

Chris
05-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Father and son stop bickering already and tell us what's being said in the presser. I'm at work and can't watch it.

Broncoman13
Oooops, gotta run. Gotta get to the Lax game. Let me know what else McD says please...

Broncoman13
Popps, I'm your father... BIATCH. ;D

Popps
05-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Father and son stop bickering already and tell us what's being said in the presser. I'm at work and can't watch it.

Not much. Just rookies answering questions.

Schlueter sounds like a highly intelligent kid. Oh, and he's having a kid... this week. Talk about a lot going on in your life!

Seriously, though.. he sounds like a 10 year pro answering questions. I have no idea if he can play, but he sounds sharp.

Olson was a little more reserved, but sounded pretty sharp, as well. Talked about our system being complex but didn't feel overwhelmed with it.

Popps
05-02-2009, 11:14 AM
The site says they'll have it all up in entirety later today. Not sure if the coaches will speak today or not.

Broncoman13
05-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Just wait until Olsen has Jarvis Moss coming at his ass...

He'll feel much more relaxed after that encounter. ROFL

ludo21
05-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Bruton up.

Talking importance of special teams and how he enjoys playing it

Popps
05-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Bruton up.

Talking importance of special teams and how he enjoys playing it

Yep. The focus on special teams has returned to Denver.

He was apparently a great gunner at ND.

Bruton flashed as a playmaker in his first season as a starter in 2007, when he had 85 tackles, three interceptions and 4.5 tackles for loss. His production increased in some ways during his senior year (91 tackles, four interceptions, two forced fumbles), but his overall play did not result in Notre Dame's defensive improvement. A team captain, he has the size, speed and athleticism to potentially be a good starter and very good special teams player at the next level.

Paladin
05-02-2009, 12:41 PM
ST gunner who can probably play a little S? Now that's something to like.....

Popps
05-02-2009, 06:32 PM
All three interviews are up if anyone is interested.

Quit Hits from today...

QUICK HITS:

Harris said he can already tell the defense is chomping at the bit to silence its critics.

"It's been interesting to see the difference, using some of the same guys and supplementing that with the new guys, how different and fast that defense looks," he said. "They definitely are flying around. I think they've taken to heart that people were ripping on the defense. I think they've kind of taken that as an opportunity to get better and shore up some problems that may have been perceived."
Schlueter said he has had a busy few weeks. He turned 23 one week, got drafted the next and he's going home next week, as he and his wife are expecting their first child -- a boy.

"It's supposed to be a very large baby," the 6-foot-3, 284-pound center said, bringing out a laugh from the media.
David Bruton, the Notre Dame safety selected in the fourth round, said he looks forward to getting his feet wet on special teams when the season rolls around. In particular, he loves the "gunner" position, where he was known to make some bone-jarring hits in college.

"That's probably my favorite position on special teams -- just being a big guy and people not thinking you can run that fast, you basically get a free shot at the returner," he said. "That's the fun part, just knowing that you have a chance to knock the returner out or cause a big turnover and a big play in the game."

Hulamau
05-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Not much. Just rookies answering questions.

Schlueter sounds like a highly intelligent kid. Oh, and he's having a kid... this week. Talk about a lot going on in your life!

Seriously, though.. he sounds like a 10 year pro answering questions. I have no idea if he can play, but he sounds sharp.

Olson was a little more reserved, but sounded pretty sharp, as well. Talked about our system being complex but didn't feel overwhelmed with it.

All of those guys sound sharp, Liked Harris's comments too, a thoughtful guy.
And Harris said he misses Nalen but not the smell of his tee shirt :)

Kaylore
05-02-2009, 10:44 PM
I thought it was funny when he said Nalen would haggle with Tuten for fewer reps exercising.