PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels Presser 12:30 MDT

cmhargrove
05-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Josh McDaniels will have a live press conference at the opening day of rookie camp today.

They say 12:30, but we all know how their timing has been lately....

Rohirrim
05-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Question: Did some DT steal your lunch money when you were a kid or do you have some other psychological reason for not drafting one?

SoDak Bronco
05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
check check,,123 Check Check

tsiguy96
05-01-2009, 11:39 AM
coach and 2 players they said...

Killericon
05-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Question: Did some DT steal your lunch money when you were a kid or do you have some other psychological reason for not drafting one?

I'd be more angry over that if it wasn't exactly what this team has done for years.

Man-Goblin
05-01-2009, 11:41 AM
How's the weather today in Denver? Were they able to hold the mini-camp outdoors?

TheDave
05-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Jim armstrong just gave his cell # on air... oooppss. ;D

dbfan21
05-01-2009, 11:57 AM
McD is running late b/c he's still not on.

IMHO, for a multi-million dollar organization with two trophies in the case, you'd think they could spruce up the media room. The room just looks so dull in there...almost like a side room with a closet and crapper in it.

dbfan21
05-01-2009, 11:59 AM
He's on now...

dbfan21
05-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Coach is sporting the hoodie, as usual....:)

Rookies have a long way to go, as expected. They are being fed the same info as the vets.

Orton & Simms putting in a lot of time watching film, working out, fixing errors, etc. Both QBs have shown progreess since last mini camp. No issues in the huddle so far, ie able to get in and out of huddle. Accurate and knew what to do with the ball.

Just doing some basics. No red zone work or 2:00 offense work.

Punisher
05-01-2009, 12:09 PM
LMAO it seems like Larsen will play ever position again

dbfan21
05-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Working on gettting Orton & Simms to sound the same in terms of their cadence to prevent false starts. Both QBs are working very hard to know the system.

Says that Ayers will have his hand on the ground as an End, but will be standing up as well (depending on the package that's being run). Splitting time between the d-line coach (Nunnelly) and LB coach (Martindale).

Everyone along the d-line will have an opportunity to compete for a job.

Said Spencer Larsen will spend some time on offense too...not just LB. Said Spencer can be helpful in a limited role on O, as well as playing defense and ST.

broncofan7
05-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Spencer Larsen= our Mike Vrabel........

dbfan21
05-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Tom Branstater is up. McKinley (WR) just spoke. Nothing special said as of yet.

Beantown Bronco
05-01-2009, 12:22 PM

Seriously, people may laugh, but if you are looking for a "safe" jersey of an active player to buy, Clady is probably at the top but Larsen is right there IMO.

dbfan21
05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Tom is pretty well-spoken...sharp guy. He seems very sincere and is willing to work hard. Digging into the playbook as much as possible. He has some pretty solid answers, which is a good sign.

Beantown Bronco
05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Tom Branstater is up. McKinley (WR) just spoke. Nothing special said as of yet.

They save all the "special" announcements for Kenny Peterson.

dbfan21
05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Andra Davis is up now, but I am leaving work so I gotta log off.

Have a great weekend!

Go Broncos!!!

SoDak Bronco
05-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Andra Davis--"Wide open competition unless your name is Champ Bailey or Brian Dawkins"...haha

Borks147
05-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Seriously, people may laugh, but if you are looking for a "safe" jersey of an active player to buy, Clady is probably at the top but Larsen is right there IMO.

after Cutler.....might as well get an orange jersey and a whole bunch of velcro letters.

Mogulseeker
05-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Coach is sporting the hoodie, as usual....:)

If this guy is a Belichick clone, I'll be happy, but it stopps there.

Buy an effing suit.

outdoor_miner
05-01-2009, 12:41 PM

Was that something McDaniels actually said, or something you interpreted from his comments on Larsen? If he said that, it's pretty high praise...

Also, did McDaniels bring up Larsen or was he asked about him? Just curious...

no-pseudo-fan
05-01-2009, 12:44 PM
McKinley is Knowshon's roommate. Both up late the night before first practice studying the playbook, both want to get on the field ASAP.

fdf
05-01-2009, 12:45 PM

No. Mike Vrabel=their Spencer Larsen

McDman
05-01-2009, 12:46 PM

He's probably not going to even start. Why would it be safe to buy his jersey.

s0phr0syne
05-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Was that something McDaniels actually said, or something you interpreted from his comments on Larsen? If he said that, it's pretty high praise...

Also, did McDaniels bring up Larsen or was he asked about him? Just curious...

I think McD brought up Larsen after being asked a separate question about how players like Ayers, Crowder, Dumervil, Moss, etc. were splitting time between meeting with the LB coach and with the DL coach.

McD brought up Larsen on his own, citing an example of how sure those players had to split time between coaches and their meetings, but Larsen also had to split time in order to learn LB, FB, and his special team duties.

Beantown Bronco
05-01-2009, 12:51 PM
He's probably not going to even start. Why would it be safe to buy his jersey.

I'm speaking from a pure longevity standpoint. If McDaniels truly does view him like Vrabel, he'll have the potential to stick around until he's in his late 30s. He's just the kind of guy that fills a certain niche in the Belichick system and doesn't go anywhere for a long time. Vrabel's done it for 12 years. And even he didn't even start until year 5 (though he did play quite a bit in every game leading up to that, on defense and special teams). It's all about versatility.

UberBroncoMan
05-01-2009, 01:08 PM
What's funny about Larsen is a few months back he said an exciting part about the coaching change was that he could finally focus on defense.... GUESS NOT! lol

DomCasual
05-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Jim armstrong just gave his cell # on air... oooppss. ;D

Just go ahead and post it here. TJ said it would be okay, as long as it's just this once.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-01-2009, 01:59 PM
If this guy is a Belichick clone, I'll be happy, but it stopps there.

Buy an effing suit.

So he's supposed to change out of his coaching gear to a suit just to meet with the press? Are you kidding?

Shanahan didn't even do that.

outdoor_miner
05-01-2009, 02:26 PM
I think McD brought up Larsen after being asked a separate question about how players like Ayers, Crowder, Dumervil, Moss, etc. were splitting time between meeting with the LB coach and with the DL coach.

McD brought up Larsen on his own, citing an example of how sure those players had to split time between coaches and their meetings, but Larsen also had to split time in order to learn LB, FB, and his special team duties.

Thanks! How about the Vrabel comparison? Is that just poster's drawing conclusions, or did McD actually compare the 2? I don't know why I care... I'm just curious. I'm rooting for Larsen to win one of the inside backer positions...

Hogan11
05-01-2009, 02:57 PM
If the whole Cutler thing taught us anything...it's that there's no such thing as a "safe" player's jersey to buy

Rabb
05-01-2009, 03:00 PM
does every Bronco need to equal someone from NE?

and yes I know he is going to implement a lot of their schemes so save that

maher_tyler
05-01-2009, 03:04 PM
If the whole Cutler thing taught us anything...it's that there's no such thing as a "safe" player's jersey to buy

Yea i bought a authentic Cutler jersey less than a year ago :nono: ...guess i gotta go back to TD and Elway jerseys

maher_tyler
05-01-2009, 03:10 PM
does every Bronco need to equal someone from NE?

and yes I know he is going to implement a lot of their schemes so save that

Well looks like its worked out pretty well for them...they've been a super bowl contender for the last 7-8 years now..winning 3..i would have to say not completely but roughly!!

BroncoLifer
05-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Yea i bought a authentic Cutler jersey less than a year ago :nono: ...guess i gotta go back to TD and Elway jerseys

I got burned on the Cutler jersey, too -- now it's Atwater for me!

gyldenlove
05-01-2009, 03:18 PM
The safest guys right now are Eddie Royal and Ryan Clady. It is weird that that those are the last guys Shanahan brought in, but with their personality, talent, dedication and team spirit, I don't think you could find a HC in the league who would even consider getting rid of them.

Broncoman13
05-01-2009, 06:14 PM
McD is running late b/c he's still not on.

IMHO, for a multi-million dollar organization with two trophies in the case, you'd think they could spruce up the media room. The room just looks so dull in there...almost like a side room with a closet and crapper in it.

Funny! We were "stationed" in that very room last year for camp. Have a few pictures of me on the podium acting like Shanny...err McD! Out of respect for TJ I never posted them on the Mane. Don't want to get kicked out of camp! And yes, I HAVE abused that vary corner bathroom!!! ;D

Popps
05-01-2009, 06:29 PM

****ing awesome!

Love it.

DenverBrit
05-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Here ya go. Below the presser is a vid from new LB Andra Davis.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3279&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

broncosteven
05-01-2009, 07:03 PM

NO ONE is untradeable.

Least ye forget!