PDA

View Full Version : Madden Rating for the Rookies

elsid13
05-01-2009, 07:01 AM
EA Madden team released the ratings via spreadsheet of all the rookies in the last draft. For those that are interested.

The link http://insideblog.easports.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/inside_5F00_ea/ALL_5F00_ROOKIE_5F00_DATA_5F00_Draft.xls

Video of the draft and link to the spread sheet

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/tags/Madden+Draft+Experience/default.aspx

Some highlights
Moreno top back in the draft at 81. Top ten in the NFL in agility but 86 speed
Ayers - LE - rating 78 - solid power moves
Baker -NT - rating 60 - strong power move
Brandstater -QB - 63 with no arm but decent short yardage accuracy
Quinn - TE - 64 ugh - second highest run blocker behind <table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 71pt;" width="94" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 71pt;" width="94"><tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="height: 15pt; width: 71pt;" width="94" height="20">Pettigrew</td> </tr></tbody></table>

Mogulseeker
05-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Ayers will play RE

I hope they come out with this game for Mac

elsid13
05-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Ayers will play RE

I hope they come out with this game for Mac

It the first cut, I am sure they will tweak the rating and positions before release. They have English listed at RE not OLB at this point.

I do think that Madden developemtn team has done a better job of communicating with buyers/community this year then before. Releasing the rookie rating this early and asking for feedback is light years ahead of previous years approach. I am buying into the hype and after last release I was pretty much done with Madden.

Mogulseeker
05-01-2009, 07:10 AM
This is great. I'm at work, and I have a spreadsheet open, so I'm working! ;)

SoDak Bronco
05-01-2009, 07:18 AM
where is royal compared to last yr?

colonelbeef
05-01-2009, 07:21 AM
what is cutlers' rating?

elsid13
05-01-2009, 07:22 AM
It just the rookies they released. No other players.

broncofan7
05-01-2009, 07:30 AM
I wish that they still made madden for the original Xbox, I don't like the player's movements on the PS3 or 360.......

TheReverend
05-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Bruton's toughness rating is too high. When he's on the field you could swear he has a vagina.

Man-Goblin
05-01-2009, 07:56 AM
where is royal compared to last yr?

I know in their last update for '09 he was an 88, or something like that. I remember he started as a 77.

SureShot
05-01-2009, 08:22 AM
What about our third first rounder Short Round?

SoDak Bronco
05-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Seth Olson ?

Carmelo15
05-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Alphonso Smith 77
Darcel McBath 69
David Bruton 60
Kenny McKinley 57

Pseudofool
05-01-2009, 09:28 AM
It should be noted that Madden is changing the rating system, so avg. players will no longer be ranked at 80...they've said tehy are using a wider spectrum of the numbers. So I think the ratings might be deflated compared to last year.

mr007
05-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Man I really miss playing football video games. It's a damn shame the NFL and EA teamed up for that license... 2k games were off the hook.

kappys
05-01-2009, 10:05 AM
It should be noted that Madden is changing the rating system, so avg. players will no longer be ranked at 80...they've said tehy are using a wider spectrum of the numbers. So I think the ratings might be deflated compared to last year.

good. The rating system is completely out of hand. Decent LB's are in the 90's on their scale.

It should be more like the FIFA ratings where very good players are 75+, elite players 85+, and average players about 60-65

elsid13
05-01-2009, 10:07 AM
good. The rating system is completely out of hand. Decent LB's are in the 90's on their scale.

It should be more like the FIFA ratings where very good players are 75+, elite players 85+, and average players about 60-65

That the goal that the Developers have stated. Plus it seems the all ratings will be used to effect player performance this version.

Mogulseeker
05-01-2009, 10:10 AM
I have a Mac, so all I have is Madden 08....

Crowder is 87, Andre Davis is 90, Marlon McCree is like 92....

gyldenlove
05-01-2009, 10:14 AM

Absolutely.

The biggest joke about Madden was always the draft in league mode, no game generated rookie would be above 75 unless you got a kicker or QB with 99 accuracy and 60 power.

The last madden game I bought had 40+ actual rookies with a rating of 80 or above, but playing through 11 drafts I only ever saw a handful of computer generated players with 80+.

Kaylore
05-01-2009, 10:21 AM
There was a video where they brought in a panel of experts to evaluate their game. One of the guys had a copy of 2k5 with him and said something to the effect of "You still haven't beat this game yet."

Fixing the ratings is a good first step. Too many 90's on the team.

Motion capture is the next. Their animations are so stupid looking. They need to mocap about thirty guys, ten for each body type and use those movements. It's expensive, but they can afford it and it will make the play more realistic.

If this next one delivers I might go buy it. I haven't bought a copy of madden in 3 years.

UberBroncoMan
05-01-2009, 10:23 AM
It the first cut, I am sure they will tweak the rating and positions before release. They have English listed at RE not OLB at this point.

I do think that Madden developemtn team has done a better job of communicating with buyers/community this year then before. Releasing the rookie rating this early and asking for feedback is light years ahead of previous years approach. I am buying into the hype and after last release I was pretty much done with Madden.

EA's made a lot of different moves... including the funding of new original IP's which is why we have Mirror's Edge and Dead Space.

They still have serious issues when it comes to DRM and customers though and they still do tend to milk their licenses too much. SecuRom is the devil.

UberBroncoMan
05-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Absolutely.

The biggest joke about Madden was always the draft in league mode, no game generated rookie would be above 75 unless you got a kicker or QB with 99 accuracy and 60 power.

The last madden game I bought had 40+ actual rookies with a rating of 80 or above, but playing through 11 drafts I only ever saw a handful of computer generated players with 80+.

Thing about running a franchise in Madden is that player speed is overpowered. I just get quick receivers (usually tall), and destroy. I had a 99 6'4 CB for about a decade (he didn't even start his first two years) and he had 197 INT's with me but hit over 200 with a trade to Dallas... completely blew away any other CB I've ever had before and to this date.

Point is though that this kid was a 6th round draft pick. If I can get a guy with high speed and acceleration I always turn them into a super star... I even turned a WR into a RB with high speed etc, and had 3k yards on All-Madden lol.

The Joker
05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Thing about running a franchise in Madden is that player speed is overpowered. I just get quick receivers (usually tall), and destroy. I had a 99 6'4 CB for about a decade (he didn't even start his first two years) and he had 197 INT's with me but hit over 200 with a trade to Dallas... completely blew away any other CB I've ever had before and to this date.

Point is though that this kid was a 6th round draft pick. If I can get a guy with high speed and acceleration I always turn them into a super star... I even turned a WR into a RB with high speed etc, and had 3k yards on All-Madden lol.

You should probably adjust the sliders a bit.

Pseudofool
05-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Here's more info on improvements to franchise mode, which was my biggest gripe over the nex gen Maddens.

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/04/06/madden-nfl-10-franchise-mode-improvements.aspx

some highlights

Added the 5 new QB ratings (Throw on Run, Play Action, Short Accuracy, Mid Accuracy, Deep Accuracy).

Older players will digress much faster. In fact, when a running back hits 30, hes going downhill at warp speed.

Younger players will progress quickly if they play well. Were talking up 10 points in overall if he has a great year.

Veteran players will still progress, but not substantially. They can also digress if they play poorly.

We added more stat categories to determine a players success/failure for a season. For example, if you lead the league in rush TDs but dont do all that well in total rushing yards, youll still be able to progress accordingly. And its not just yards, and TDs, its other stats like rushing attempts and rush yards per carry. This was done across the board for all positions.

Lots more encouraging info over on their blog...

chickennob2
05-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Looks like Knowshon is also tops for backs in catching and pass blocking. Seems about right.

LongDongJohnson
05-01-2009, 04:21 PM
I have a Mac, so all I have is Madden 08....

Crowder is 87, Andre Davis is 90, Marlon McCree is like 92....

what the hell are you talking about

LongDongJohnson
05-01-2009, 04:23 PM

sounds like your running a fun realistic franchise

cutthemdown
05-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Bruton's toughness rating is too high. When he's on the field you could swear he has a vagina.

What is it with you? He hasn't even played in NFL yet? What are you some Notre Dame hater? He ass raped you? what?

maher_tyler
05-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Here's more info on improvements to franchise mode, which was my biggest gripe over the nex gen Maddens.

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/04/06/madden-nfl-10-franchise-mode-improvements.aspx

some highlights

Added the 5 new QB ratings (Throw on Run, Play Action, Short Accuracy, Mid Accuracy, Deep Accuracy).

Older players will digress much faster. In fact, when a running back hits 30, hes going downhill at warp speed.

Younger players will progress quickly if they play well. Were talking up 10 points in overall if he has a great year.

Veteran players will still progress, but not substantially. They can also digress if they play poorly.

We added more stat categories to determine a players success/failure for a season. For example, if you lead the league in rush TDs but dont do all that well in total rushing yards, youll still be able to progress accordingly. And its not just yards, and TDs, its other stats like rushing attempts and rush yards per carry. This was done across the board for all positions.

So automatically if your RB turns 30 his stats go way down..what if hes still playing at a "high level"?? I like the realism but not every running backs career goes south after 30. Also, my biggest grip was playing guys online and them running the same plays over and over...it'd be nice to make the computer guys much smarter/the guys your not controlling...that way it makes you change up your plays, send guys in motion etc. like you would in real life instead of running the same 4-5 plays the entire game..its even worse when your playing with Denver and there D sucks ass!!

Bronx33
05-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I just don't care what madden has to say he lost touch along time ago.

broncosteven
05-01-2009, 06:55 PM

That used to work for me up until the last one that came out.

They changed rushing also. I figured out that if you have a Tackle cut block on an ISO play it is unstopable. I don't rack up huge yards but enough to move the chains.

BTW Royal is rated 83 in my Franchise after 2 years but he is unstopable, it I felt guilty I stopped playing for a couple months.

broncosteven
05-01-2009, 06:58 PM

some highlights

They ought to tweak or limit the # of trades you can make in one year to prevent the tempation to aquire and move up draft slots/picks.

Cmac821
05-01-2009, 08:09 PM
I hope it doesn't turn into NBA games where all the player ratings suck and its impossible to draft and trade

TheReverend
05-01-2009, 08:14 PM
What is it with you? He hasn't even played in NFL yet? What are you some Notre Dame hater? He ass raped you? what?

Addressed this in another thread, even though my complaint about him is pretty apparent from my post... not sure how you're missing my issue with Bruton. My least favorite pick by far, even considering how much was given up for Quinn

Doggcow
05-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Well, hopefully they don't ruin the "Run 30 yards backwards then do a jumping 180 spin and throw the ball 70 yards on a rope" move that most ****ty QB's like Campbell and Tavaris Jackson have, or they'll lose 90% of their little kiddy ****head crowd.

Doggcow
05-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Knowshon is going to be sick on it. Looking at the stats he will be an insane reciever (He has fairly decent stats for a WR when it comes to rout running and release). Alphonso Smith looks like he will replace Bly just fine (Awareness is bringing him down, but we all know it doesn't mean **** in madden, even champ doesnt turn around to pick off balls that are in the air for half an hour). Ayers looks like he has solid block shedding, his speed may not be good enough though for an effective 3-4/Multiple D on Madden though, at least if he's rushing.

BabyTO
05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Addressed this in another thread, even though my complaint about him is pretty apparent from my post... not sure how you're missing my issue with Bruton. My least favorite pick by far, even considering how much was given up for Quinn

Maybe you should watch him play a little bit. Sometimes that'll help you judge players. When you say stuff about somebody without really knowing him you kinda come off as a tool.

Strengths:
Superb natural athlete...Good size and bulk...Very physical...Active and aggressive with a non-stop motor...Great tackler...Does a fantastic job supporting the run...Plays fast and has a burst to close...Good range...Outstanding leaper...Great footwork...Will deliver the big hit...Nice instincts...Will create big plays...Very productive...A phenomenal special teamer...Smart... Mature ...Hard worker... Leader.

Possesses the tools to be a force against the run as well as in coverage and could develop into a starter at the next level...Has Pro Bowl potential as a gunner on special teams...A better pro prospect than Tom Zbikowski, who was a third round pick of the Baltimore Ravens in the 2008 Draft.

Just him being a special teams ace shows you right there how tough and physical he is. Soft players don't dominate on special teams. Tough ones do.

UberBroncoMan
05-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Shame that Moreno is worthless. That game is all about speed and 86 for a RB is PITIFUL. He should have been around 91-92. I can turn 99 speed WR's into 3k RB's on All-Madden.

Hell Tatum Bell was kick ass in the game due to his 95 speed.

Mogulseeker
05-11-2009, 02:06 PM
There was a video where they brought in a panel of experts to evaluate their game. One of the guys had a copy of 2k5 with him and said something to the effect of "You still haven't beat this game yet."

Fixing the ratings is a good first step. Too many 90's on the team.

Motion capture is the next. Their animations are so stupid looking. They need to mocap about thirty guys, ten for each body type and use those movements. It's expensive, but they can afford it and it will make the play more realistic.

If this next one delivers I might go buy it. I haven't bought a copy of madden in 3 years.

Madden hasn't gotten much better since Madden'99

Mogulseeker
05-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Shame that Moreno is worthless. That game is all about speed and 86 for a RB is PITIFUL. He should have been around 91-92. I can turn 99 speed WR's into 3k RB's on All-Madden.

Hell Tatum Bell was kick ass in the game due to his 95 speed.

I tweaked Hillis's speed. Not because I thought he was fast, but because I was only getting 2.8 ypc with Hillis on All-Madden