PDA

View Full Version : Ayers earn high praise, a feel good post story!!!!

cutthemdown
04-30-2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_12230256?source=commented-

Read it and believe it!!!!!!!

Florida_Bronco
04-30-2009, 06:05 PM
A Mayock endorsement is always a plus.

ludo21
04-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Draftguys are slowly getting more and more rep!

Congrats to them!

And, oh yeah, Ayers is going to be beastly!

Los Broncos
04-30-2009, 06:15 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAR9Qb3liRs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAR9Qb3liRs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Carmelo15
04-30-2009, 06:25 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5261&line=143176&spln=1

Broncos' Robert Ayers to play defensive end?
Robert Ayers - DL - DEN - Apr. 28 - 8:54 am et
The Denver Post now expects first-rounder Robert Ayers to be an immediate starter at defensive end.
The Post reported Sunday that Ayers would play mostly outside linebacker in the hybrid defense, but he fits in better at end and fills a greater need there. Former ends Elvis Dumervil and Darrell Reid are the current favorites to start at outside linebacker. Apr. 28 - 8:54 am et
Source: Denver Post

PRBronco
04-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Haha why would they bother publishing his agent's assessment of his game?

Doggcow
04-30-2009, 06:34 PM
he gets off blocks very well.

TonyR
04-30-2009, 06:59 PM
For the "McD has too much power" people on this board here's some pretty solid evidence that he didn't make this pick unilaterally.

He had talked at length with Broncos linebackers coach Don Martindale...

"I told my family I was thinking that Denver was going to be the team. Coach Martindale pretty much told me I was his guy. You don't want to get your hopes too high. You're just trying to go along with it. But when I saw 303 come up on my phone, I knew who it was."

The fact Martindale called Ayers probably tells us where Ayers will land in the Broncos' scheme.

Kaylore
04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I was high on Ayers until I watched the Knowshon Moreno Highlight video. I do like we have a lot of SEC players, though.

NYBronco
04-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Wow... watching the video the offense really needs to know where Ayers is at, he is really quick.

Thanks for that Iron Clady. ;)

cutthemdown
04-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Haha why would they bother publishing his agent's assessment of his game?

dude your avatar says it all!!!!!!!!!!! PRBRONCO!!!!!!!!

cutthemdown
04-30-2009, 07:23 PM
he gets off blocks very well.

Which really is the key to pro football. You just don't get unblockd very often in the NFL. You go up against 5 really good olineman most weeks. Even the NFL scrubs were best players on there college teams.

Ayers seems to have that pop when he engages blockers, then the ability to get off that block and get in on the tackle.

He will need to get stronger though in the upper body to make it work in NFL.

I think he could take a yr or so of lifting to reach his physical potential. In the meantime hopefully he can crack the lineup starting week one and make some plays.

cutthemdown
04-30-2009, 07:27 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5261&line=143176&spln=1

Broncos' Robert Ayers to play defensive end?
Robert Ayers - DL - DEN - Apr. 28 - 8:54 am et
The Denver Post now expects first-rounder Robert Ayers to be an immediate starter at defensive end.
The Post reported Sunday that Ayers would play mostly outside linebacker in the hybrid defense, but he fits in better at end and fills a greater need there. Former ends Elvis Dumervil and Darrell Reid are the current favorites to start at outside linebacker. Apr. 28 - 8:54 am et
Source: Denver Post

I've been saying and so have some other that Broncos will be playing as much 4-3 as the do 3-4. Maybe even more. The 3-4 IMO will be more a passing down thing. Against running teams I think you will see Broncos go 4-3 more then 3-4.

They will stick Ayers on one side, Doom on the other. Thomas and one of the other DT yet to emerge from the group at the other.

Backers would be DJ/Davis/???? and whoever maybe Boss but who knows really.

I could be wrong but IMO the 3-4 not complete enough to play as the base defense yet.

~Crash~
04-30-2009, 07:31 PM
well I hope he is a good as all you guys say but I don't like the pick hope I am wrong .

cutthemdown
04-30-2009, 07:35 PM
well I hope he is a good as all you guys say but I don't like the pick hope I am wrong .

Well i never like or don't like picks really. Just learned my lesson clamoring for Jarvis Moss!!!!! lol, be careful what you wish for!!!!

Ayers hasn't played a bunch of games so that worries me a little. Also his bench press was less the stellar, but sometimes bench press has to do with how long or short arms are designed as well so who knows. He seems big and strong.

I hope your wrong as well.

~Crash~
04-30-2009, 07:44 PM
he has done nothing before the S bowl . I will say this I thought the Colts were nuts with picking Feney (SP) and worked out great so...LOL

I was really pissed at royal pick at least a for a couple days last year. not really mad we picked any pick because of the royal pick last year to be honest . but that does not mean I am not worried about this pick .

SouthStndJunkie
04-30-2009, 07:44 PM
A Mayock endorsement is always a plus.

So....does this mean he gets 17 sacks in his 3rd year and then we trade him?

~Crash~
04-30-2009, 07:47 PM
So....does this mean he gets 17 sacks in his 3rd year and then we trade him?

LOL SSJ I get that totally!

BroncoBuff
04-30-2009, 07:53 PM
I drafted Ayers with pick #34 for the chefs in the OM Mock Draft ... about 5 short weeks ago.

That'll tell you how quickly he shot up the draft boards.

cmhargrove
04-30-2009, 08:00 PM
He pretty much schooled all the LT's in the SEC in that video.

What I liked is that he always owned the LOS. He held the point of attack when it was necessary, then disengaged and made the play. When he was pass rushing, he looked nearly unstoppable. Some guys just have an innate feeling for how to fight through the line and it looks like he has that.

It will be fun to watch him battle in training camp.

maher_tyler
04-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Hopefully no one gets hurt...can't remember the last time we went through an entire training camp and preseason without one of our rookies getting hurt for a good chunk of time if not the entire season!!

SoDak Bronco
04-30-2009, 09:34 PM
I think his ability to hold the edge and disengage the block is what impresses me the most..

ohiobronco2
04-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Hopefully he wasn't just motivated for an NFL pay day. That's what I fear. I trust Mayock more than any other expert. I believe this kid can be a player.

BroncoMan4ever
04-30-2009, 10:42 PM
For the "McD has too much power" people on this board here's some pretty solid evidence that he didn't make this pick unilaterally.

He had talked at length with Broncos linebackers coach Don Martindale...

"I told my family I was thinking that Denver was going to be the team. Coach Martindale pretty much told me I was his guy. You don't want to get your hopes too high. You're just trying to go along with it. But when I saw 303 come up on my phone, I knew who it was."

The fact Martindale called Ayers probably tells us where Ayers will land in the Broncos' scheme.

i still think McDaniels has Shanahan type power. he may take the advice of his assistants, but it all stops with him. he makes the decisions

Pick Six
04-30-2009, 10:46 PM
I like that he's compared to Michael Strahan in that article. We'll see...:thumbs:

outdoor_miner
04-30-2009, 10:57 PM
i still think McDaniels has Shanahan type power. he may take the advice of his assistants, but it all stops with him. he makes the decisions

That's exactly the way it should be! The Head Coach needs to make the ultimate decision.

I've said in a couple other threads the last few days, but that quote shows he's listening to his assistants. In particular, this implies that Mike Nolan is not screaming at him to get D-Line, D-Line, and more D-Line. It means that Mike Nolan believes he can field a successful unit with the D-Line they have now. It also clearly shows that Nolan had tremendous heartburn with the way our secondary played last year, as evidenced by the 6 secondary players we have picked up since the start of FA. Doesn't this give you all some hope that Nolan is involved with all this? I mean, he's a proven successful coordinator. He knows what it takes to make his system work.

cutthemdown
04-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Hopefully no one gets hurt...can't remember the last time we went through an entire training camp and preseason without one of our rookies getting hurt for a good chunk of time if not the entire season!!

A couple rookies usually get dinged, then go on IR. Many times its not an injury that takes the whole yr but a good way to stash them and look at them the following yr.

Then some of the low picks probably get sent to practice squad etc.

I'm with you though it would be nice to experience and injury free yr.

Popps
04-30-2009, 11:32 PM
But, we didn't do ANYTHING to address the front seven in the draft!

The best DE prospect in the draft doesn't count!!!

Popps
04-30-2009, 11:41 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAR9Qb3liRs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAR9Qb3liRs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

**** this dude is fast!

My favorite play is still the one at 3:30. He's standing up off the line. (Only 3 down linemen.) Follows the flow of the play, then cuts through what looks like three blockers and ****in' levels the ball-carrier.

They're going to be able to move him around and create problems for teams. He's not just fast, but he runs smart. By that I mean, there's not a lot of wasted motion, and he's not faked easily. He's got good balance while chasing plays down, which seems to keep him involved in a lot of plays.

I'm so jacked to see our first two picks play after studying them. Trying not to set expectations too high, but these kids look GOOD.

HEAV
04-30-2009, 11:51 PM
I feel that this guy is going to be our Richard Seymour.

Popps
04-30-2009, 11:57 PM
I feel that this guy is going to be our Richard Seymour.

I think you're half-right. But he's smaller than Seymor, and to me... looks much more mobile. They have reportedly said he'll be a LB, but I expect to see him all over the place.

Kaylore
05-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Adalius Thomas.

Mogulseeker
05-01-2009, 06:38 AM
The article compares Ayers to Strahan... and Aaron Smith of the Steelers.