PDA

View Full Version : Cassel - at least our HC knows his strengths & weaknesses

ZONA
04-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Our HC may not have landed the QB he wanted from the get go and although he did end up going to a division rival, there is some good in that also. Josh did teach and groom Cassel for many years so I'm sure he has a real good bead on what Cassel does good and what he doesn't. He will know his tendencies, what his favorite plays to run are, what throws he is best at, how good he reads defenses, etc.

I look forward to how well Daniel's works with Nolan to design defenses to attack Cassel and company.

BroncoMan4ever
04-30-2009, 04:11 PM
while that does seem interesting, given that Haley is going to implement his own offensive scheme, means McDaniels isn't going to be able to rely on tendencies from Cassel's Patriot days.

Br0nc0Buster
04-30-2009, 04:11 PM
That was my first reaction when the Chiefs traded for him

I was like "oh this is interesting, our coach should know how to take advantages of his weaknesses"

Br0nc0Buster
04-30-2009, 04:12 PM
while that does seem interesting, given that Haley is going to implement his own offensive scheme, means McDaniels isn't going to be able to rely on tendencies from Cassel's Patriot days.

well over time it will change ya, but im sure McDaniels has an inside advantage on gameplanning against Cassel that few coaches would have

ZONA
04-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Just because a QB has a new offense and new set of plays to run and new teamates doesn't mean his tendencies change. Many of the plays around the NFL are very similar, they just have different names from team to team. It wasn't like Josh had Cassel for one year after he had been in the league for several years. Josh "groomed" him and "developed" him. I'm sure he has a real good knowledge of what makes Cassel the most comfortable on the field and what makes him just as uncomfortable. Sure, people watch tape all the time to try and figure stuff out but the one thing you can't get from tape is what's going on inside the players head, especially a QB. He knows how Cassel goes through his pre-reads, how he goes through his progressions, his footwork, his delivery, etc. I'm not saying Cassel won't play well, all I am saying it's not a bad thing to have your HC know everything and anything there is about another QB in the same division, and not just the stuff you see on tape, but what's going through a players head at the time you are watching tape. That has to have an advantage somewhere.

Tombstone RJ
04-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Hopefully McD doesn't love Cassel so much that he holds back from exposing Cassel's weaknesses.

If McD really wants to win, he'll expose every flaw Cassel has and prep Nolan and the defense accordingly. McD's thought process should be "I know Cassel better than he knows himself."

gyldenlove
04-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Our HC may not have landed the QB he wanted from the get go and although he did end up going to a division rival, there is some good in that also. Josh did teach and groom Cassel for many years so I'm sure he has a real good bead on what Cassel does good and what he doesn't. He will know his tendencies, what his favorite plays to run are, what throws he is best at, how good he reads defenses, etc.

I look forward to how well Daniel's works with Nolan to design defenses to attack Cassel and company.

Cassels strengths: Josh Mcdaniels, Wes Welker and Randy Moss

Cassels weaknesses: Dwayne Bowe, Bobby Engram and Mark Bradley

footstepsfrom#27
04-30-2009, 04:30 PM
I smell an MDL (McHoodie Defense League) argument coming...BUT:

I doubt the Chief's offense will emply all the same tendencies the Pats did. Given the choice however, I'd rather have my GM know the opposing coach backwards and forward than for my coach know what the opposition's QB did for one year in a different system.

ZONA
04-30-2009, 04:36 PM

I doubt the Chief's offense will emply all the same tendencies the Pats did. Given the choice however, I'd rather have my GM know the opposing coach backwards and forward than for my coach know what the opposition's QB did for one year in a different system.

Yeah, like GM's are coaches and get involved in all the plays and stuff. He might now what types of players Josh likes or how well he can work a cap and stuff like that but I doubt he was sitting on the bench next to Cassel and Josh discussing what the defenses were doing, what plays they could go to in an audible situation, and on and on. No sir, a HC knowing the other teams QB inside and out is worth more then a GM knowing what kinds of players a coach likes to work with. If anything, I think the book on Josh is that most people are realizing just how UNPREDICTABLE is really is. I highly doubt Pioli has a good understanding of how Josh will run his team. Billy Boy was the end all be all at NE and I bet Pioli knows alot more about him then he does Josh.

Tombstone RJ
04-30-2009, 04:43 PM

Interesting times, we shall see who gets the better of who.

Bronco Rob
04-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Elvis Grabc > Matt Cassel

Cassel will be on his back more than Paris Hilton at Mardi Gra.

Dawne "Butter Fingers" Bowe is his go to guy....Hilarious!

Brian Waters is the only NFL caliber offensive lineman...

No Tony Gonzalez?

Larry "fiddy cent" Johnson...

Where have you gone, Randy Moss
Matt Cassel turns its lonely eyes to you (Woo, woo, woo)

:approve:

boltaneer
04-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Won't matter. Cassell is going to be benched by the end of the year. 8')

shaunroach
04-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Thank god we don't play the Bears in the regular season. Otherwise Kyle Orton's weaknesses might also be exposed.

cutthemdown
04-30-2009, 05:36 PM

No Tony Gonzalez?

Brandon Albert played well IMO

ludo21
04-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Cassell ran a ton last year. I expect the same this year, especially with that crappy chef OL

Rohirrim
04-30-2009, 05:49 PM
The son of Dick Haley was pretty much the last guy I wanted to end up in KC.

broncosteven
04-30-2009, 06:45 PM
I hope this plays out as well as it did for Shanny when he was HC for the Butt-pirates.

Here's to hoping McStalin gets flipped off by Cassel 2 times a year!

Pony Boy
04-30-2009, 07:29 PM

Excellent point! Who better to know his strengths and weaknesses:thumbsup:

NYBronco
04-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Cassels strengths: Josh Mcdaniels, Wes Welker and Randy Moss

Cassels weaknesses: Dwayne Bowe, Bobby Engram and Mark Bradley

Under weakness' I would add Josh McDaniels and Robert Ayers.

KCStud
04-30-2009, 07:36 PM
LMFAO I'm sure Cassel is shaking in his boots over the "talented" front seven that is the Denver Broncos defense. <end sarcasm>

:rofl:

chiefforlife
04-30-2009, 07:39 PM
McDaniels thought Cassels strengths were better than Cutlers. And his weaknesses were less than Cutlers.
I think Cutler is an awesome QB, that has me excited about Cassel. I am NOT impressed with McDaniels yet, but I am not that impressed with Haley yet either.
This rivalry just got a whole new spark and we should both be excited about it.

Caligula
04-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Thank god we don't play the Bears in the regular season. Otherwise Kyle Orton's weaknesses might also be exposed.

quoted for reality

Caligula
04-30-2009, 07:55 PM
McDaniels thought Cassels strengths were better than Cutlers. And his weaknesses were less than Cutlers.
I think Cutler is an awesome QB, that has me excited about Cassel. I am NOT impressed with McDaniels yet, but I am not that impressed with Haley yet either.
This rivalry just got a whole new spark and we should both be excited about it.

Thats not true.

Early in this pre-season... McDaniels would be teaching his staff and coaches on HOW to teach his system. Having Cassel on the team, would give him an additional coach that already KNEW the system adn could be working with the offense without McDaniels having to have a constant eye on it. This was a move PURELY because McDoofus felt it would be more valuable for THIS year to have someone know his team.

If he thought Cassel's 'strengths' were better than Cutler's... then that just shows just how much of a McDoofus he truly is.

No WAY he thought Cassel's "strengths" were better than Cutler's.....

broncosteven
04-30-2009, 08:00 PM
LMFAO I'm sure Cassel is shaking in his boots over the "talented" front seven that is the Denver Broncos defense. <end sarcasm>

I am sure Kyle Orton is shaking in his boots over the "talented" front seven that is the KFC defense which was actually ranked worse than the Talented Bronco defense last year!

Does the NFL allow LB's to use walkers and wheelchairs now?

ZONA
04-30-2009, 08:06 PM

Oh thank god. Totally, OMG, totally thank god. In fact, I don't even think we should play the games between us and KC. Josh will know everything going through Cassel's head before even Cassel thinks of it. He's like one step ahead of him all the time.

You clown.

The point is that there is an advantage to knowing a player that well. Does it mean you win the game? No. Does it mean you might have an edge in a few areas of the game? Maybe.

But I digress, you sarcastic drama queens can over react and totally continue to miss the point because you don't spend 2 seconds thinking about something before you type.

:curtsey:

broncosteven
04-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh thank god. Totally, OMG, totally thank god. In fact, I don't even think we should play the games between us and KC. Josh will know everything going through Cassel's head before even Cassel thinks of it. He's like one step ahead of him all the time.

You clown.

The point is that there is an advantage to knowing a player that well. Does it mean you win the game? No. Does it mean you might have an edge in a few areas of the game? Maybe.

But I digress, you sarcastic drama queens can over react and totally continue to miss the point because you don't spend 2 seconds thinking about something before you type.

Shanny knew Elway, it worked for him, John admitted it. I don't know if McD had the time with Cassel that Shanny had with John but your premiss is not off base.

Pony Boy
04-30-2009, 08:09 PM
I am sure Kyle Orton is shaking in his boots over the "talented" front seven that is the KFC defense which was actually ranked worse than the Talented Bronco defense last year!

^5

KCStud
04-30-2009, 08:35 PM

I don't know. What I do know is that our team knows how to build the 3-4 properly and it's showing. Yours however has shown nothing

azbroncfan
04-30-2009, 08:44 PM
I don't know. What I do know is that our team knows how to build the 3-4 properly and it's showing. Yours however has shown nothing

How's that? You are telling me Denver would of passed on Jackson at 12? Who else have they added but old bandaid LB's?

Tombstone RJ
04-30-2009, 08:45 PM

Eh, your team sucks. It sucks bad. What makes you think your team knows how to build a better 34 than the Broncos?

azbroncfan
04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Shanny knew Elway, it worked for him, John admitted it. I don't know if McD had the time with Cassel that Shanny had with John but your premiss is not off base.

Is 4 years long enough?

broncosteven
04-30-2009, 09:10 PM

So does KFC play in an NFL league in April that I don't know about?

I think it will be an ugly rebuilding year in Denver this year but not sure that they will lose more games than a team that went 2-14 last year.

I remember KFC getting the "best Dlineman" in the draft last year and setting a mark for lowest # of sacks in a 16 game season.

No one has proved anything yet KFCDUD!

KCStud
04-30-2009, 09:12 PM
How's that? You are telling me Denver would of passed on Jackson at 12? Who else have they added but old bandaid LB's?

The defensive line is the most important part of 3-4 defense. Without a strong defensive line, the LB's are ineffective for the most part because the gaps are not covered and they are exposed.

Why do you think the Patriots targeted dominant DL like Seymour, Wilfork, Green and Warren early? Why do you think the Chargers targeted Castillo early? Why do you think the Ravens targeted Haloti Ngata early?

Who could the Broncos have taken?

Evander Hood, Alex Magee, Fila Moala, Jarron Gilbert, Ricky Jean-Francois and Sen'Derrick Marks were all 3-4 DE prospects.

Passing on at least one 3-4 DE prospect could prove costly for McDip****

azbroncfan
04-30-2009, 09:17 PM
The defensive line is the most important part of 3-4 defense. Without a strong defensive line, the LB's are ineffective for the most part because the gaps are not covered and they are exposed.

Why do you think the Patriots targeted dominant DL like Seymour, Wilfork, Green and Warren early? Why do you think the Chargers targeted Castillo early? Why do you think the Ravens targeted Haloti Ngata early?

Evander Hood, Alex Magee, Fila Moala, Jarron Gilbert, Ricky Jean-Francois and Sen'Derrick Marks were all 3-4 DE prospects.

How many of those guys will even pan out? Maybe 1 or 2? What does who the broncos could of had have to do with KC properly building their Defense? Jackson is the only 2 gap DL that KC has now. What is Dorsey's role now as he isn't a 2 gapper? Both teams will be playing 4-3 under defense since niether one has a legite NT. I agree Denver should of taken a DL somewhere on day 1 but I'll bet KC and Denver's defense will both be terrible next year making your assumptions mute.

Tombstone RJ
04-30-2009, 09:20 PM

Passing on at least one 3-4 DE prospect could prove costly for McDip****

I'd be more worried about your teams defense. Jackson is a nice pick, Magee may help too. Other than that, your team drafted zero defensive line picks.

ohiobronco2
04-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Who gives a sh*t about KC anyways? I feel pretty confident that they will still be a sh*tty team after this season and Matt will be exposed as a fraud. He was surrounded by great talent on both sides of the ball in NE. He took a 18-1 team and couldn't make the playoffs in a division that is a step above ours. If he knew something about how to defend Rivers, then I'd be happy.

ohiobronco2
04-30-2009, 10:05 PM
I'd be more worried about your teams defense. Jackson is a nice pick, Magee may help too. Other than that, your team drafted zero defensive line picks.

I'm not sure we can talk about taking D line talent. :)

Ironlung
04-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Who gives a sh*t about KC anyways? I feel pretty confident that they will still be a sh*tty team after this season and Matt will be exposed as a fraud. He was surrounded by great talent on both sides of the ball in NE. He took a 18-1 team and couldn't make the playoffs in a division that is a step above ours. If he knew something about how to defend Rivers, then I'd be happy.

Werd. Chiefs are the worst team in the league. The 0-16 Lions have won more games in the last two years than KC.

ohiobronco2
04-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Werd Chiefs are the worst team in the league. The 0-16 Lions have won more games in the last two years than KC.

Yeah, in the last 2 years the Lions are 7-25, Chiefs are 6-26. Not like we have been amazing in that same time period, but they are rebuilding (seemingly have been for eternity) like us and I'm only concerned with teams we are looking up at in the standings. That is pretty much every team outside of our laughable divison. J/K.

OABB
04-30-2009, 11:21 PM
cassel has strengths?

rastaman
05-01-2009, 04:56 AM
Just because a QB has a new offense and new set of plays to run and new teamates doesn't mean his tendencies change. Many of the plays around the NFL are very similar, they just have different names from team to team. It wasn't like Josh had Cassel for one year after he had been in the league for several years. Josh "groomed" him and "developed" him. I'm sure he has a real good knowledge of what makes Cassel the most comfortable on the field and what makes him just as uncomfortable. Sure, people watch tape all the time to try and figure stuff out but the one thing you can't get from tape is what's going on inside the players head, especially a QB. He knows how Cassel goes through his pre-reads, how he goes through his progressions, his footwork, his delivery, etc. I'm not saying Cassel won't play well, all I am saying it's not a bad thing to have your HC know everything and anything there is about another QB in the same division, and not just the stuff you see on tape, but what's going through a players head at the time you are watching tape. That has to have an advantage somewhere.

Wouldn't Cassel also know McD's tendencies as well b/c of their close relationsip of the years while they were both at NE?

Cassel can share these tendencies with Haley as well. I don't think during the heat of battle neither side will have an advantage. Whichever team executes the best and makes the least amount of turn overs, ususally wins.

gyldenlove
05-01-2009, 06:01 AM

You clown.

I know what is going through Cassel's head:

Got ball, check

Where is Bowe, covered.

Throw it 6 yards to guy who is supposed to be open.

KCStud
05-01-2009, 10:19 AM
If you want to get technical, than I guess Pioli knows McDaniels weaknesses so we'll call it even

footstepsfrom#27
05-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Yeah, like GM's are coaches and get involved in all the plays and stuff. He might now what types of players Josh likes or how well he can work a cap and stuff like that but I doubt he was sitting on the bench next to Cassel and Josh discussing what the defenses were doing, what plays they could go to in an audible situation, and on and on. No sir, a HC knowing the other teams QB inside and out is worth more then a GM knowing what kinds of players a coach likes to work with. If anything, I think the book on Josh is that most people are realizing just how UNPREDICTABLE is really is. I highly doubt Pioli has a good understanding of how Josh will run his team. Billy Boy was the end all be all at NE and I bet Pioli knows alot more about him then he does Josh.
Like most people who work with each other, I'd bet that they talk about a lot of things unrestricted by compartmental parameters or job description. Pioli also knows, and is probably friends with those he left behind in the Pats organization. Networking is all about working cross-boundaries.

I doubt either of these guys has any real advantage when they blow the whistle. Fans like to imagine otherwise because it's something to talk about.

OABB
05-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Mcd knows that Casell likes his balls cupped while receiving fellatio. I don't see how that matters to football.

broncosteven
05-01-2009, 11:25 AM
If you want to get technical, than I guess Pioli knows McDaniels weaknesses so we'll call it even

If you consider that Pioli knows McStalin stole TP out of the Coordinators john or liked Hazel Nut coffee knowing his weaknesses. GM's don't coach they are talent evaluators, they run the offices and do the dirty work. They are not in all the coaching meetings, not even the HC is in on all the meetings.

Your arguments prove that inbreeding is bad for ones DNA.

broncosteven
05-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Mcd knows that Casell likes his balls cupped while receiving fellatio from Lonnie Paxton while Matt Cassel tosses his salad. I don't see how that matters to football.

fixed it for you.

Kaylore
05-01-2009, 11:31 AM
That's ridiculous.

Is Pioli a coach? Does he script plays? You're talking about two different things. McDaniels has to prepare a team to attack an opponent based on finding weaknesses in personnel and scheme. Understanding Cassell's strengths, weaknesses and tendencies intimately is a boon in doing this.

Pioli evaluates talent and assembles players and coaches together to build a team. Is Pioli's knowledge of McDaniels going to help him out-draft him or something?

ZONA
05-01-2009, 11:49 AM
That's ridiculous.

Is Pioli a coach? Does he script plays? You're talking about two different things. McDaniels has to prepare a team to attack an opponent based on finding weaknesses in personnel and scheme. Understanding Cassell's strengths, weaknesses and tendencies intimately is a boon in doing this.

Pioli evaluates talent and assembles players and coaches together to build a team. Is Pioli's knowledge of McDaniels going to help him out-draft him or something?

That's what I've been trying to explain to these people. They just won't listen.
Pioli will not have any understanding of game to game situations. His job is to assemble and manage a team. There is no game management involved. And does Cassel know Josh, well, probably to some degree. But the coach is on the sideline and the QB is on the field. That's like comparing a crew chief who has worked with a driver for years and then the driver goes to a new team. That crew chief can relay info to his new driver about the other driver that might help him on the track. What's the old car driver for the new team gonna do, tell his new crew chief about the tendencies of his old crew chief..........hahahahahhaha. As if he will be out there driving or something.

Atlas
05-01-2009, 01:24 PM

No Tony Gonzalez?

all that being said Denver will still lose in Arrowhead.

Bronco Rob
05-01-2009, 01:39 PM

You gotta be to be kidding.....ROFL!

KCStud
05-01-2009, 02:51 PM
That's ridiculous.

Oh how you people forget. Belicheck is a phone call away...

And yes, Pioli will prove to be much better at drafting talent, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

KCStud
05-01-2009, 02:54 PM

Cassel won't be the reason why Denver loses at Arrowhead. This is the reason why you will lose at Arrowhead.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/steve_hofstetter/08/28/standup.guy/p1_johnson.jpg

Bronco Rob
05-01-2009, 02:56 PM

And yes, Pioli will prove to be much better at drafting talent, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Baloneycheck could careless about Pioli...

You think for a second hes gonna give rava-pioli TIPS?!?

Maybe on fliming the other teams practices but thats about it..

Bronco Rob
05-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Cassel won't be the reason why Denver loses at Arrowhead. This is the reason why you will lose at Arrowhead.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/steve_hofstetter/08/28/standup.guy/p1_johnson.jpg

Funny...

In that picture he still had

Willie Roaf
Will Shields
Casey Wiegman
John Tait
AND
Tony Richardson blocking for him.....

Those days are looong gone......just like the chefs ground game...

KCStud
05-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Funny...

In that picture he still had

Willie Roaf
Will Shields
Casey Wiegman
John Tait
AND
Tony Richardson blocking for him.....

Those days are looong gone......just like the chefs ground game...

Hmmm.... How about last year at Arrowhead when LJ had 198 yards on 28 carries and 2 TD's?
BTW-That was without all the players you listed :rofl:

Don't even try to say last year was last year because you have the same players with a few scrubs added to your front 7.

Bronco Rob
05-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Hmmm.... How about last year at Arrowhead when LJ had 198 yards on 28 carries and 2 TD's?
BTW-That was without all the players you listed :rofl:

Don't even try to say last year was last year because you have the same players with a few scrubs added to your front 7.

In case you are not up on current events.....

here is "LJS" stats in the last two seasons..

2007 -158 - 559 -3.5 - 3

2008 - 193 - 874 - 4.5 - 5

Methinks that the departure of that FB & O-line have had an adverse effect on Ike Turner errrrrrrrr Larry's numbers...

:thumbsup:

Kaylore
05-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Yeah that's it. Belichick is going to coach your games for you via satellite. I'm sure Belichick isn't too busy with his own team or anything.

There's nothing to support this claim in any way.

DenverBrit
05-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah that's it. Belichick is going to coach your games for you via satellite. I'm sure Belichick isn't too busy with his own team or anything.

Bellycheck picks his own defensive players, Pioli drafts them and co-signs the contracts.

But KC fans are used to CP. The new GM could be a chimp with a crayola and they'd get excited. ;D

FireFly
05-01-2009, 05:29 PM

What falsehood is this!? The MIGHTY Kyle Orton has NO weakness!

KCStud
05-02-2009, 12:40 PM

Nice try on twisting my words Gaylore LOL

Pioli is the one who scouted the players the Pats have. We all know Pioli knows how to build a team better than McDip**** because he has far more experience with better company. McDip****s inexperience has already been exposed enough.

But it's ok. You can keep stroking the new regimes poll

Kaylore
05-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Nice try on twisting my words Gaylore LOL

Pioli is the one who scouted the players the Pats have. We all know Pioli knows how to build a team better than McDip**** because he has far more experience with better company. McDip****s inexperience has already been exposed enough.

But it's ok. You can keep stroking the new regimes poll

I didn't stoke anything and I challenge you to point out where I did. I said you don't know yet who's better, and you don't. You have no idea if Pioli is going to be better than McDaniels. Experience doesn't translate into success. Matt Millen has seven years of experience as a GM. Carl Peterson has 20. New England's recent drafts have sucked and this will be Pioli's first go sans Belichick. McDaniels has no track record to judge him by. There is more evidence against Pioli than McDaniels.

Until either team hits the field and we can see these guys play, no one can say one is better than the other.

And again, Pioli's supposed "knowledge of McDaniels" provides nothing compared to a coach who knows a QB's tendencies and plans how to attack him on gameday.

KCStud
05-02-2009, 05:57 PM
In case you are not up on current events.....

here is "LJS" stats in the last two seasons..

2007 -158 - 559 -3.5 - 3

2008 - 193 - 874 - 4.5 - 5

Methinks that the departure of that FB & O-line have had an adverse effect on Ike Turner errrrrrrrr Larry's numbers...

We shall see. Me thinks the departure of your star QB and a still horrible defense=7-9 at best

DenverBrit
05-02-2009, 06:01 PM

We shall see. Me thinks the departure of your star QB and a still horrible defense=7-9 at best

Methinks youthinks toomuch.

Bronco Rob
05-02-2009, 06:20 PM

Try winning more than Two games this season in KC and get back to me..

:thumbs:

KCStud
05-02-2009, 06:27 PM
I didn't stoke anything and I challenge you to point out where I did. I said you don't know yet who's better, and you don't. You have no idea if Pioli is going to be better than McDaniels. Experience doesn't translate into success. Matt Millen has seven years of experience as a GM. Carl Peterson has 20. New England's recent drafts have sucked and this will be Pioli's first go sans Belichick. McDaniels has no track record to judge him by. There is more evidence against Pioli than McDaniels.

Until either team hits the field and we can see these guys play, no one can say one is better than the other.

And again, Pioli's supposed "knowledge of McDaniels" provides nothing compared to a coach who knows a QB's tendencies and plans how to attack him on gameday.

Pioli already is by default. Experience always translates into success if you are with the right people. Perfect example is Marty Schottenheimers assistants in KC of Bill Cowher, Herm Edwards(was a head coach and won playoff games) and Tony Dungy.
Matt Millen and Carl Peterson didn't have anybody worth learning from.
When you spend years learning from Belicheck and the Tuna, guys who have built great teams, than you are bred for success.

Point being that Pioli doesn't even have to do anything to be better than McDip****. McDip**** has already proven to be way over his head.
McDip****'s first big move to building this franchise was pissing off it's QB that is poised to have a good, maybe even great career down the line.

Better yet, I like it how your team has basically all the offensive pieces, but yet you take a RB and a "boom or bust" LB for the 3-4.
My favorite part is your "genius" coach giving up your own first round pick(will be in the top 15) for a CB.Hilarious!

KCStud
05-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Try winning more than Two games this season in KC and get back to me..

:thumbs:

As soon as you don't blow a 3 game division lead in the last month of the season :spit:

Bronco Rob
05-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Pioli already is by default. Experience always translates into success if you are with the right people. Perfect example is Marty Schottenheimers assistants in KC of Bill Cowher, Herm Edwards(was a head coach and won playoff games) and Tony Dungy.
Matt Millen and Carl Peterson didn't have anybody worth learning from.
When you spend years learning from Belicheck and the Tuna, guys who have built great teams, than you are bred for success.

Point being that Pioli doesn't even have to do anything to be better than McDip****. McDip**** has already proven to be way over his head.
McDip****'s first big move to building this franchise was pissing off it's QB that is poised to have a good, maybe even great career down the line.

Better yet, I like it how your team has basically all the offensive pieces, but yet you take a RB and a "boom or bust" LB for the 3-4.
My favorite part is your "genius" coach giving up your own first round pick(will be in the top 15) for a CB.Hilarious!

Pioli - Belicheat = .000

Bronco Rob
05-02-2009, 06:30 PM
As soon as you don't blow a 3 game division lead in the last month of the season :spit:

This coming from a fan of a team that hasn't even won a playoff game in 16 seasons...

LOL

KCStud
05-02-2009, 06:34 PM
McDip**** - Belicheat = .000

fixed it for ya:thanku:

Ironlung
05-02-2009, 07:07 PM
This coming from a fan of a team that hasn't even won a playoff game in 16 seasons...

LOL

WoW! Thats pathetic, there's no spin possible for a stat like that.

DenverBrit
05-02-2009, 07:20 PM
fixed it for ya:thanku:

What needs to be 'fixed' is you. :thanku:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/funny-pictures-helpful-cat-suggests-you-neuter-your-human.jpg

Bronco Rob
05-03-2009, 07:37 PM
WoW! Thats pathetic, there's no spin possible for a stat like that.

;)

OABB
05-03-2009, 08:11 PM

LOL
ouch...

Sometimes you just don't realize how truly pathetic something is until you really look at it.

wow.... no wonder there are so many Chiefs fans on this board...they want to remember what football is like.

SoCalBronco
05-03-2009, 08:21 PM

That's true. We probably shouldn't be throwing stones since we are definitely in a glass house. I'm not sure whether Pioli will continue to look like a genius executive without Belichick, but I suspect he's still more competent than the circus we've got, even without Belichick's assistance.

Bronco Rob
05-05-2009, 12:59 PM
ouch...

Sometimes you just don't realize how truly pathetic something is until you really look at it.

wow.... no wonder there are so many Chiefs fans on this board...they want to remember what football is like.

^5

ZONA
05-05-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't know what everybody is getting all huffy for. Neither Pioli or McD have done anything with their new teams yet. Currently, both teams have alot to prove. KCstud, dude, realize just how pathetic the Chiefs are and quit trying to come here and blow smoke up our asses about great Pioli is. He hasn't done anything for the Cheifs yet. And yes, the Broncos are not the greatest team right now either so we don't have much of a leg to stand on to be fair. Seems alot of you guys are pissing into the wind and trying to figure out who stayed dry. In the end, are either of us going to win the Superbowl next year? Because that's the only damn thing that matters, IMO. If you don't win, who gives a damn, you won't remember anything that happened during that season in 5 years.

Ironlung
05-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Or wait til your team can muster more than two wins before talkin trash.