PDA

View Full Version : Official Dwayne Bowe appreciation thread!

Mr.Meanie
04-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Let's imagine a different universe where Dwayne Bowe actually held onto SD's onside kick.

San Diego misses the playoffs and ends up drafting in Denver's place at #12. Norv Turner is fired, the Chargers hire Josh McD. He then proceeds to trade Rivers to Detroit for Detroit's #1 and #20, and Detroit sends their 2nd round to New England and SD gets Cassell.

With #1 SD drafts Aaron Curry, #12 Knowshon Moreno, #20 Larry English. With #16 under Bates Denver then reaches for NT Peria Jerry.

Shanahan still believes Torain will be the next TD, with Young and Hall backing him up again. This leads to Bates and Shanahan drafting all defensive players much to the delight of the talking heads and The Hair... while completely neglecting special teams and an anemic scoring offense.... AGAIN.

Without Norv "choke artist" Turner, and with a stud rookie RB paired with LT and Sproles, and with a stud rookie LB paired with a healthy Merriman and Philips, SD dominates this season and playoffs, finally winning the championships they could have had all along, except with an infusion of youth and talent. AJ Smith is hailed as the best GM of the last 3 decades, and SD reigns supreme for the next 4 years.

All the Shanahan apologists are here on the board in 2010 talking about how the offense was "a top 5 offense for the first game", while ignoring the bottom feeding special teams and defensive rankings.... and saying how Shanahan and Bates just need a couple more years to put their schemes together.

Let's all give it up for Bowe for saving Denver the next few years of being mired in mediocrity and excuses.

:notworthy

Crushaholic
04-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Now, THAT'S thinking outside the box...:strong:

The Joker
04-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Whether McDaniels will be a success in Denver, I really don't know.

But Bowe's drop did help speed up the inevitable departure of Shanahan, so I guess that's good. Sadly, we were never going anywhere under him again and it'd just have been another erratic season or two before he'd ultimately have met the same fate.

My opinion, anyway.

~Crash~
04-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Whether McDaniels will be a success in Denver, I really don't know.

But Bowe's drop did help speed up the inevitable departure of Shanahan, so I guess that's good. Sadly, we were never going anywhere under him again and it'd just have been another erratic season or two before he'd ultimately have met the same fate.

My opinion, anyway.

yep I bet after ten years of listening to Cower talk **** I bet they were so damn glad the Steelers fire the dirty bag .:giggle:

supermanhr9
04-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Clap,,, CLap,,,, Clap,,Clap.... If I knew how to give rep points I'd give you a ton right now. Thanks Bowe!

Bronco Rob
04-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Dwayne Bowe drops more balls than Jenna Jameson

:wiggle:

dbfan21
04-30-2009, 12:00 PM
It's amazing that you've posted this. I was JUST thinking about D. Bowe's drop earlier this week. I guess it's because I was cleaning out my closet and was looking at my brand new authentic Cutler jersey and thinking what a waste of money it was.

I thought, if Bowe had just hung on, my birthday present would still be relevant instead of lining my cat's kitty litter box.

Oh well! :)

Man-Goblin
04-30-2009, 12:05 PM
It's amazing that you've posted this. I was JUST thinking about D. Bowe's drop earlier this week. I guess it's because I was cleaning out my closet and was looking at my brand new authentic Cutler jersey and thinking what a waste of money it was.

I thought, if Bowe had just hung on, my birthday present would still be relevant instead of lining my cat's kitty litter box.

Oh well! :)

Whoa. I got a an authentic Cutler jersey for my b-day too. Sadness consumes me every time I see it.

The Joker
04-30-2009, 12:08 PM
yep I bet after ten years of listening to Cower talk **** I bet they were so damn glad the Steelers fire the dirty bag .:giggle:

Yeah, and they've really missed him since he left haven't they?

I sincerely hope that Cowher sends Dick Lebeau an enormous hamper every Christmas.

Gcver2ver3
04-30-2009, 12:09 PM
if Bowe made that catch we'd have made the playoffs only to get immediately bounced...

we'd would've picked somewhere between the 16th -18th pick in the 1st round and drafted Peria Jerry...

in the remaining rounds we would've reached for all the remaining camp fodder level D-lineman in the draft...and maybe a safety...

we would've rolled out those D-lineman and roughly same 2008 LBs onto the field to get blasted because Slowick has no clue of what he's doing...

Moss, Engelberger, Crowder, and Nate Jackson would continue to be major contributers...

our starting RB would be Ryan Torrain with Selvin and Pittman as back-ups...

we would not make the playoffs....

Shanahan would be fired....

we pick top 10 in 2010's draft...

the end...

yea i gotta say, i'm glad Bowe dropped that ball...

broncofan2438
04-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Lame....although I still cant believe he dropped that ball

chickennob2
04-30-2009, 12:24 PM
But hey. If Bowe hangs on, we get another year or 2 of Shanahan. By that point it's likely that Cutler has matured to the point that he can get along with the new coach. Plus Cassel would certainly be off the market. We could've kept Jay.

Plus, the public lynching of Slowick after next season would have been fun to see.

TheChamp24
04-30-2009, 12:26 PM
San Diego misses the playoffs and ends up drafting in Denver's place at #12. Norv Turner is fired, the Chargers hire Josh McD. He then proceeds to trade Rivers to Detroit for Detroit's #1 and #20, and Detroit sends their 2nd round to New England and SD gets Cassell.

Wait, Detroit sends their 2nd round pick to New England, and somehow the Chargers end up with Cassell??

SonOfLe-loLang
04-30-2009, 12:28 PM
I know this thread is a tad silly, but if Dwayne Bowe holds on to that ball, the landscape of the NFL is quite different. It's pretty funny how you can pinpoint one moment.

Mr.Meanie
04-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Wait, Detroit sends their 2nd round pick to New England, and somehow the Chargers end up with Cassell??

3 way trade... SD sends Rivers to Detroit, Detroit sends both 1sts to SD and their 2nd to NE, NE sends Cassel to SD.

DET gets Rivers for both 1sts and a 2nd
NE gets Detroit's 2nd
SD gets Cassell and 2 more 1sts

It could happen....

Mogulseeker
04-30-2009, 12:47 PM
This is a great post because it demonstrates our alternative.

I know McD is making some unpopular moses, but we're better for it.

Broncomutt
04-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Haha, clever thread!

A butterfly flaps it's wings in China, causing massive thunderstorms over New York city.

crazyhorse
04-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Yep, all the off season stuff that has happened to the Broncos has been one stroke of good fortune after another.

I never connected Bowe to all of it. But hey.....if you like it, I love it.:~ohyah!:

Irish Stout
04-30-2009, 12:54 PM
This is a great post because it demonstrates our alternative.

I know McD is making some unpopular moses, but we're better for it.

Damnit Moses! Get off that mountain, we don't want to know what God wants us to do anyway... what ten things we have to learn!?!?! Screw you Moses, you're a self-righteous jerk.

JJJ
04-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Do you really think AJ Smith would let that little boy McD do anything on his own except run out and get him a soda?

Mr.Meanie
04-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Do you really think AJ Smith would let that little boy McD do anything on his own except run out and get him a soda?

Ha!

vancejohnson82
04-30-2009, 01:00 PM

huh? what?

Beantown Bronco
04-30-2009, 01:06 PM
DET gets Rivers for both 1sts and a 2nd

Fun to think about, but there's no way Detroit would give essentially 3 first rounders for Rivers, especially in your scenario above where he doesn't get them to the playoffs and beat Indy.

They have waaaaaay too many holes to fill to give all that up in one draft.

Punisher
04-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Haha, clever thread!

A butterfly flaps it's wings in China, causing massive thunderstorms over New York city.

http://orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/forum_new.gif Hot Thread

400HZ
04-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Fun to think about, but there's no way Detroit would give essentially 3 first rounders for Rivers, especially in your scenario above where he doesn't get them to the playoffs and beat Indy.

They have waaaaaay too many holes to fill to give all that up in one draft.

3 first rounders isn't that much more than what Chicago gave up for Cutler, although the value of the firsts is different. They might do it. Rivers is a way better quarterback than Cutler and comes without the baggage. You guys can finally admit that now. :)

TDmvp
04-30-2009, 02:02 PM
http://membres.lycos.fr/fredrichung/forum/thread%20is%20stupid.jpg

Bronco Rob
04-30-2009, 02:03 PM
3 first rounders isn't that much more than what Chicago gave up for Cutler, although the value of the firsts is different. They might do it. Rivers is a way better quarterback than Cutler and comes without the baggage. You guys can finally admit that now. :)

Take away LT, and Sproles..

Then we will see how good phillis is..

400HZ
04-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Take away LT, and Sproles..

Then we will see how good phillis is..

Take them. Give Phillip Jay's old line. :yep:

Beantown Bronco
04-30-2009, 02:31 PM
3 first rounders isn't that much more than what Chicago gave up for Cutler, although the value of the firsts is different.

The value isn't even close. The #1 overall, #20 and #33? All in the same year with no "one year devaluation"? Way different from a late first and third in current year with most likely another late first the following year.

Bronco Rob
04-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Take them. Give Phillip Jay's old line. :yep:

OT Marcus McNeill, OG Kris Dielman, C David Binn all pro bowlers..

nice try though...........

JJJ
04-30-2009, 03:43 PM
OT Marcus McNeill, OG Kris Dielman, C David Binn all pro bowlers..

nice try though...........

Think it is time to get over the "Rivers is no good, it the great team around him" angle. Guy led the league in passing and has led injury riddled teams to 3 playoff wins over the last two years. He is a pretty darn good QB.

Hey Jay is gone now so you all can show a little love for my man Phillip.

OBF1
04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Now thats thinking :thumbs:

UberBroncoMan
04-30-2009, 03:49 PM
How many people think Rivers would have been traded for Cassel if Mc had ended up coaching San Diego? I actually think there's a very high likelihood it would have happened.

Bronco Rob
04-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Think it is time to get over the "Rivers is no good, it the great team around him" angle. Guy led the league in passing and has led injury riddled teams to 3 playoff wins over the last two years. He is a pretty darn good QB.

DREW BREES > Phillis Rivera

8')

boltaneer
04-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Rivers = Pat Bowen. :flower:

Orange_Beard
04-30-2009, 05:07 PM
You have never started this thread.

boltaneer
04-30-2009, 05:24 PM

Preach on, brother!

broncosteven
04-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Didn't evil Spock find out good Kirk was from another Universe and let him escape?

I am so confused!

El Minion
04-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Let's imagine a different universe where Dwayne Bowe actually held onto SD's onside kick.

With #1 SD drafts Aaron Curry, #12 Knowshon Moreno, #20 Larry English. With #16 under Bates Denver then reaches for NT Peria Jerry.

Shanahan still believes Torain will be the next TD, with Young and Hall backing him up again. This leads to Bates and Shanahan drafting all defensive players much to the delight of the talking heads and The Hair... while completely neglecting special teams and an anemic scoring offense.... AGAIN.

Without Norv "choke artist" Turner, and with a stud rookie RB paired with LT and Sproles, and with a stud rookie LB paired with a healthy Merriman and Philips, SD dominates this season and playoffs, finally winning the championships they could have had all along, except with an infusion of youth and talent. AJ Smith is hailed as the best GM of the last 3 decades, and SD reigns supreme for the next 4 years.

All the Shanahan apologists are here on the board in 2010 talking about how the offense was "a top 5 offense for the first game", while ignoring the bottom feeding special teams and defensive rankings.... and saying how Shanahan and Bates just need a couple more years to put their schemes together.

Let's all give it up for Bowe for saving Denver the next few years of being mired in mediocrity and excuses.

:notworthy

Also thank Bernard Pollard, whom without his help Cutler would still be a Bronco. :notthissh

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aNt8DV6WP2A5/610x.jpg

400HZ
04-30-2009, 06:50 PM

Honestly, the team around him was pretty bad last year.

maher_tyler
04-30-2009, 06:51 PM

Other than the physical tools...yes!! IF Jay can become a much better leader and fine toon his decision making...he will be in the top 3 in the league for a long time!!

lazarus4444
04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Right now i have to admit that rivers is an overall better player. Cutler has the potential to be better but i don't think he's right in the head so he'll never realize his full potential.

bayarealightning
05-01-2009, 09:45 AM
How many people think Rivers would have been traded for Cassel if Mc had ended up coaching San Diego? I actually think there's a very high likelihood it would have happened.
Entertaining thread and I will give your props for that. However, Rivers is going nowhere. Cutler broke the Broncos single season passing yardage record while Rivers broke Dan Fouts single season T.D. passes record. What ever problems that the Chargers had/have, Rivers is not one of them!:~ohyah!: He makes good decisions, he is accurate, he is a leader, he has fire, and he is a winner. You cannot ask for anything more from a Q.B.

The Chargers are very happy with Rivers and so are Charger fans. You can tell how happy Charger fans are by the fact that threads on Chargers message boards do not have threads stating how the Chargers screwed up by letting Brees go. Rivers will be the Chargers Q.B. for the next 8 years or more. Enjoy the ride!:thumbs: