PDA

View Full Version : Broncos released FB Andrew Pinnock.

HEAV
04-29-2009, 10:34 PM
The Broncos on Wednesday released fullback Andrew Pinnock.

He joined the Broncos for the final five weeks of the 2008 season but was never active for a game. He was the only player not present at the team's first minicamp two weeks ago, but he was excused for personal reasons.

The Broncos have six tailbacks, as well as Peyton Hillis, who also plays fullback, leading into this weekend's second mini-camp.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12259078

Popps
04-29-2009, 10:38 PM
McSatan strikes again.

cutthemdown
04-29-2009, 10:41 PM
not surprising

Sassy
04-29-2009, 10:41 PM
McSatan strikes again.

Hilarious!

broncocalijohn
04-29-2009, 10:53 PM
there goes the superbowl. Released? Didnt remember we signed him.

Pick Six
04-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I think that's a clear indication McDaniels intends on using Hillis as the FB...:thumbsup:

HEAV
04-29-2009, 10:57 PM
In my opinion a Moreno-Hillis backfield could be scary good!

Pick Six
04-29-2009, 11:03 PM

Yep. That has some real possibilities...:thumbsup:

Odysseus
04-29-2009, 11:18 PM

It depends on Orton going down field accurately.

Kaylore
04-29-2009, 11:57 PM

You can flex Hillis out to TE and Moreno out to receiver. There's a lot of match up problems that will be fun to see with this team.

cutthemdown
04-30-2009, 12:02 AM
You can flex Hillis out to TE and Moreno out to receiver. There's a lot of match up problems that will be fun to see with this team.

Not too mention you could go 2 TE with Quinn and Graham and just knock people in the mouth with Hillis as a single back, or lined up as FB with Moreno behind him. Could be a really effective short yrdage offense with Marshall as the only WR. He's big also so leaving him 1-1 is risky. Then you can still throw to the TE or Hillis, or Moreno. Plus Hillis and Moreno both good blockers and should be able to block for Orton if the call is to Marshall.

This could be a really effective offense when it comes to being physical.

Hillis, Marshall, Graham, Quinn they are all big physical players for their respective positions.

Kaylore
04-30-2009, 12:11 AM
I agree I think this team will be much more physical this year. Gone will be the ways of finesse we were for so long.

Dudeskey
04-30-2009, 12:12 AM
Not too mention you could go 2 TE with Quinn and Graham and just knock people in the mouth with Hillis as a single back, or lined up as FB with Moreno behind him. Could be a really effective short yrdage offense with Marshall as the only WR. He's big also so leaving him 1-1 is risky. Then you can still throw to the TE or Hillis, or Moreno. Plus Hillis and Moreno both good blockers and should be able to block for Orton if the call is to Marshall.

This could be a really effective offense when it comes to being physical.

Hillis, Marshall, Graham, Quinn they are all big physical players for their respective positions.

i like that offensive package w/ 2 TE's, 1 WR , w/ Hillis & Moreno in the backfield...

BroncoMan4ever
04-30-2009, 12:15 AM

that could be freakishly horrific for DC to have to gameplan against. Not only having to stop either of them when they run the ball, but the added in factor that they are both damn good receivers out of the backfield. and then having to watch Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Scheff?, Gaffney.

I am sorry to say this and it may annoy the remaining Cutler followers, but, i don't think this offense is going to miss him at all. Orton is quite possibly on the verge of having one of the greatest single seasons in Denver Broncos history, with all the weapons and the line he will be playing behind.

i know, a lot of people are hating McDaniels, but outside of the Cutler situation, this team is light years better than it was 5 months ago.

OBF1
04-30-2009, 12:18 AM
Damn it...how are we going to win without him???

BroncoMan4ever
04-30-2009, 12:20 AM
I agree I think this team will be much more physical this year. Gone will be the ways of finesse we were for so long.

thank god. i am tired of seeing us using gimmicks, speed and creativity as opposed to power. i want to see us get back to the run the ball down your throat offense, that we used to run, where we battered defenses until they were too exhausted to stand up at the end of games, and just when they thought it was over, we ran some more.

i want that on Defense too. speed is nice, but i want some big bad mother****ers destroying dudes. i want size and strength hurting people.

Popps
04-30-2009, 12:22 AM

Can't wait to see all of these backs battling for touches. I think the RB-talent level looks so much better on paper going into this season. (Particularly now that we know what we have in Hillis.)

Even if Moreno went down, Turner and Rick D. know exactly what they have in Hillis and can put the 08 Jets-game running plan back on the table.

The addition of Quinn tells me we're going to be grinding out more yards on the ground, as well. I referenced the Patriots article on draft day that showed NE going to a 2/3 TE set and playing ball-control to win the championship game. I think McD wants that option.

Again, I think the staff is of the mindset that a QB should be able to step into this offense and have a high chance of success without having to throw the ball 45 times a game.

dbfan21
04-30-2009, 05:32 AM
I think that's a clear indication McDaniels intends on using Hillis as the FB...:thumbsup:

Exactly!! This is great news for Hillis fans! Hillis is everything McD wants in a player: big, fast, physical with good character and loves the game of football.

AWESOME!! I haven't been this excited about a release since Nate Webster!

cmhargrove
04-30-2009, 05:41 AM
that could be freakishly horrific for DC to have to gameplan against. Not only having to stop either of them when they run the ball, but the added in factor that they are both damn good receivers out of the backfield. and then having to watch Marshall, Royal, Stokley, Scheff?, Gaffney.

I am sorry to say this and it may annoy the remaining Cutler followers, but, i don't think this offense is going to miss him at all. Orton is quite possibly on the verge of having one of the greatest single seasons in Denver Broncos history, with all the weapons and the line he will be playing behind.

i know, a lot of people are hating McDaniels, but outside of the Cutler situation, this team is light years better than it was 5 months ago.

I think we will see a highly efficient, ball protecting Orton this year. The pressure won't be on him to always save the team.

I expect a high efficiency rating and a pass completion rate around 65%. But, as far as record-setting, I don't think we'll come near to Cutler's 4,500 yards. I expect about 3,500-3,700 yards from Orton, about 22 TD's and about 10 INT's.

baja
04-30-2009, 06:13 AM

<b>I am sorry to say this and it may annoy the remaining Cutler followers, but, i don't think this offense is going to miss him at all. </b> Orton is quite possibly on the verge of having one of the greatest single seasons in Denver Broncos history, with all the weapons and the line he will be playing behind.

We are going to come to realize that getting rid of Cutler was addition by subtraction, oh at first we will miss all the pretty passes in tight places but it will dawn on us as the season progresses that we are a team again in the mold of the 1977 Broncos we will be a smash mouth team with a nasty nasty swarming to the ball Defense. The loss of Cutler will speed up the rebuild of the Broncos not slow it down.

We could have won our super Bowls without John Elway but not without TD.

Yes we are a better team without Cutler even though he is a much better QB than anyone we have now except he did not want to be here, not because of Shanahan leaving but because of the fact he was not excited about McDaniels plan of the team first concept.

barryr
04-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Oh man, here goes McDaniels "dismantling" the offense again.

dbfan21
04-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Can't wait to see all of these backs battling for touches. I think the RB-talent level looks so much better on paper going into this season. (Particularly now that we know what we have in Hillis.)

Even if Moreno went down, Turner and Rick D. know exactly what they have in Hillis and can put the 08 Jets-game running plan back on the table.

The addition of Quinn tells me we're going to be grinding out more yards on the ground, as well. I referenced the Patriots article on draft day that showed NE going to a 2/3 TE set and playing ball-control to win the championship game. I think McD wants that option.

Again, I think the staff is of the mindset that a QB should be able to step into this offense and have a high chance of success without having to throw the ball 45 times a game.

Right there with ya Popps. RB competition in camp is gonna be fierce. Plus, we will have some strong options if someone gets injured.

I just hope our D is improved so the QB doesn't have to throw 45 times a game because we are so far behind (in the score).

Dukes
04-30-2009, 07:04 AM
McSatan strikes again.

Ha! Hilarious! LOL ROFL!

UberBroncoMan
04-30-2009, 07:38 AM

Teams will **** bricks when they see the I because they won't know who's getting the ball, who's staying to block and who is might be running out as a receiving target.