PDA

View Full Version : Why trading the Bears 2010 1st Rounder for Julius Peppers Makes Sense

Carmelo15
04-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Why it makes sense for the Broncos:

1. It fills a need.
The Broncos have made some nice moves through free agency and the draft to improve their team, there's no doubt in my mind about that. But the most glaring weakness remains our front seven. Now granted he is not the nose tackle we desperately need. But he would be a significant upgrade at a position of weakness. Peppers as a athletic beast and I believe he would have the athleticism to make the transition standing up. He also has the speed to cover tight ends. We already know how much of a weapon he is as a pass rusher.

2. It makes us much better this year
McDaniels wants to win now, this move certainly works toward that. We will also have about 9 million in cap room after we sign our rookies so it would appear we have the clout to pull it off if Bowlen would approve. Peppers has also long been rumored to have interest in the Broncos.

3. It appears we will be running a 4-3/3-4 hybrid this year
With no real answer at nose tackle, it would appear that we need to run some 4-3 this year as well. Peppers would certainly be a huge weapon in that scheme that is obvious. Ayers would be the perfect RDE compliment to him in a 4-3 as well.

4. It makes the value for Alphonso Smith trade much better
A first next year has the value of a 2nd this year. It is also the Bears first round pick, likely to fall somewhere in the 20's. One thing this also does is make that Alphonso Smith trade look that much better. For one, it will certainly make us better this year which would make our first rounder a lower pick. It would also make our other moves in free agency better. With a stronger pass rush, all those upgrades we made in the secondary will be more strongly highlighted. After this move our 1st round pick would also likely be in the 20's.

5. This makes NT and QB the only real remaining weaknesses on the team. The only real impact NT prospect next year is Terrance Cody. Him, Sam Bradford, and Colt McCoy are likely top 10 picks. With the Alphonso Smith trade we have likely taken ourselves of out of a chance to get them. Hopefully we would be able to have realistic shot at getting Vince Wilfork. The Patriots have a history of letting their FA's walk. They also drafted 3 NT's in this year's draft so it would appear they are preparing to let Vince Wilfork do so. As for QB, hate him or love him that is McDaniels strongest trait as a coach. The man can develop QB's and with the weapons and protection we have in that offense a smart, efficient QB is what we need. Kyle Orton, Chris Simms, and Tom Brandstater all fit that profile. This come down to believing in Josh McDaniels to groom QB's, something I certainly do.

Why the Panthers would do this:
1. Peppers doesn't want to be there
When a player does not want to play for him nothing good comes out of keeping him. An unhappy player is more likely to underproduce and/or become a distraction in the locker room (see Ochocinco).

2. Financially it makes sense
With the franchise tag, Peppers will be earning $17M this year. A ridiculous number that is hindering the team from improving itself through free agency. The Panthers could use this new found cap room to get an impact WR across from Steve Smith and fill some holes on the defense.

3. The Panthers traded for Everette Brown
Everette Brown could come in and start at Peppers old spot. A month ago he was a certain top 15 pick. He is a great pass rusher that could make an immediate impact. Trading up to get him was a great move by the Panthers, but costly. They traded their 2010 1st for him. Getting a 2010 1st back would offset that cost.

4. The asking price for Peppers is likely a 1st and a 3rd
We would likely need to throw in a 3rd rounder for him. But I say its worth it. Why? Tony Sheffler. The Eagles have already been rumored to be willing to trade their extra 3rd for Sheffler. Sheffler will be underutilized in this offense and will be gone as a free agent after this year anyways. We might as well get value for him by using him as a tool in acquiring Julius Peppers. Flip that extra 3rd we acquire from Philly to the Panthers. We would essentially be trading Jay Cutler and Tony Sheffler for Kyle Orton, Robert Ayers (2009 1st), Julius Peppers (2010 1st), and Richard Quinn.

This move give the Broncos a much better defense and a much better team. Our depth chart would look like this:

DE - Robert Ayers/Kenny Peterson
NT - Ronald Fields/Chris Baker
DE - Darrell Reid/Marcus Thomas
SOLB - Julius Peppers/Boss Bailey
SILB - Andra Davis/Spencer Larsen
WILB - D.J. Williams/Wesley Woodyard
WOLB - Elvis Dumervil/Jarvis Moss
CB - Champ Bailey/Jack Williams/Domonique Johnson
FS - Renaldo Hill/Darcel McBath/David Bruton
SS - Brian Dawkins/Josh Barrett/David Bruton
CB - Alphonso Smith/Andre Goodman/Darcel McBath

fido
04-29-2009, 02:58 PM
no

Pony Boy
04-29-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm torn between no and hell no! Use next years pick and try to get Gerald McCoy.

Archer81
04-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Jeebis...

:Broncos:

cutthemdown
04-29-2009, 03:11 PM
If we can get him for Scheffler and a 3rd.

If we could get him for a 2nd rounder.

But you don't want to be out of next yrs first round all together that would be really bad IMO. It's ok to not want 2 first round picks in back to back yrs. I understand using one for a really high 2nd this yr because it frees up money for FA next yr.

Peppers not only is going to cost a pick, but be expensive.

2KBack
04-29-2009, 03:13 PM
so Ayers at 270 will play DE, while Peppers at like 290 will play Linebacker?

Carmelo15
04-29-2009, 03:13 PM

But you don't want to be out of next yrs first round all together that would be really bad IMO. It's ok to not want 2 first round picks in back to back yrs. I understand using one for a really high 2nd this yr because it frees up money for FA next yr.

thanks cutthemdown for being the first one to reply to the thread with some actual thought and effort and appearig to be the only one who actually even read my reasoning thus far.

Paladin
04-29-2009, 03:14 PM
For all the reasons you cited, what's to keep the Panthers from just cutting him? I understand the cap hit, but next year may be uncapped, and that issue means nothing in terms of actual outlay of money. Cap hits are not actual expenditures of money. Wait. And he miight be available for a new cntract.....

You are right, If a player doesn't want to play for a franchise, it is better to recognize that fact, and trade him, or let him go.....

Hmmmmmmm.......

BroncoMan4ever
04-29-2009, 03:17 PM
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why trade a 1st and a 3rd for a guy who will be 30 when the season starts, is probably on the downside of his career, and will need to learn a new system. he may want to play OLB in a 3-4 but who says he can. it puts us in the same situation we are now with converting DEs to OLB and hoping 1 can make the transition. why bring in another guy to do the same thing, but will be trying to be successful with an inflated contract that he isn't worth.

Carmelo15
04-29-2009, 03:20 PM
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why trade a 1st and a 3rd for a guy who will be 30 when the season starts, is probably on the downside of his career, and will need to learn a new system. he may want to play OLB in a 3-4 but who says he can. it puts us in the same situation we are now with converting DEs to OLB and hoping 1 can make the transition. why bring in another guy to do the same thing, but will be trying to be successful with an inflated contract that he isn't worth.

That's a nice argument. Trading for Peppers would certainly be a risk. But McDaniels has shown he has the cajones to make such a move. Exhibit A: Trading for Cutler. Exhibit B: Trading our own 1st in 2010 for a 2nd this year.

TheDave
04-29-2009, 03:27 PM
http://www.ecorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/whitney-2.jpg

Hell to the No

cutthemdown
04-29-2009, 03:33 PM
thanks cutthemdown for being the first one to reply to the thread with some actual thought and effort and appearig to be the only one who actually even read my reasoning thus far.

Honestly had we not drafted ayers I would have traded that pick for Peppers in a hearbeat. Dude is big, moves well, IMO can play in a 3-4 or 4-3.

Los Broncos
04-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Not for the 1st rounder, maybe package a player and a 3rd for him.

Rohirrim
04-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Hell, let's give up all our picks. Next year doesn't even exist.

Ray Finkle
04-29-2009, 03:44 PM
He is 30....that is like dating a chick in Hollywood that is 25 (without any "enhancements), the wall is coming to come up quickly.

Florida_Bronco
04-29-2009, 03:44 PM

No way I'd trade Scheffler and a pick for Peppers.

Bronx33
04-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Peppers is at the downside of his career and burning a #1 would be complete waste.

The Joker
04-29-2009, 04:05 PM
What's the deal with Peppers anyway, has he softened at all regarding signing his franchise tender?

I'd imagine he'll end up doing a Haynesworth, signing it on the condition that they can't use it again next year.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-29-2009, 04:18 PM
1. No it doesn't. You're projecting that a great LDE will become a great 3-4 OLB when he's never played the position before.

2. See #1, again you're projecting.

3. You're right on that one if they plan to play a decent amount of 4-3.

4. Who cares what it does to the Smith pick? Denver needs to get better, and trading for a guy who wants to play a new position doesn't guarantee that.

5. This team has more weaknesses than that.

Panthers
1. Yep.

2. Nope. It's May, there aren't impact free agents left, those guys were gone within days of FA.

3. Brown isn't a LDE, so he's not starting in Peppers' position.

4. The Eagles are not rumored to be interested in trading their extra 3rd for Scheffler, reporters have speculated that it could be used to acquire Scheffler. Big difference. Scheffler is not an unrestricted free agent after this season. Denver controls his rights until after the 2011 season.

yerner
04-29-2009, 04:24 PM
40 million guaranteed to get him. About 17.5 this year on the tag. 20 next if he stays in Carolina. Thats alot of Johnny Walker blue to Pat.

UberBroncoMan
04-29-2009, 04:30 PM
**** that ****. We have enough LB's. We don't need to give up a 1st rounder and overpay for one.

I don't even think we can afford him now.

Either way, I wouldn't do it.

Gcver2ver3
04-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Why it makes sense for the Broncos:

1. It fills a need.
The Broncos have made some nice moves through free agency and the draft to improve their team, there's no doubt in my mind about that. But the most glaring weakness remains our front seven. Now granted he is not the nose tackle we desperately need. But he would be a significant upgrade at a position of weakness. Peppers as a athletic beast and I believe he would have the athleticism to make the transition standing up. He also has the speed to cover tight ends. We already know how much of a weapon he is as a pass rusher.

2. It makes us much better this year
McDaniels wants to win now, this move certainly works toward that. We will also have about 9 million in cap room after we sign our rookies so it would appear we have the clout to pull it off if Bowlen would approve. Peppers has also long been rumored to have interest in the Broncos.

3. It appears we will be running a 4-3/3-4 hybrid this year
With no real answer at nose tackle, it would appear that we need to run some 4-3 this year as well. Peppers would certainly be a huge weapon in that scheme that is obvious. Ayers would be the perfect RDE compliment to him in a 4-3 as well.

4. It makes the value for Alphonso Smith trade much better
A first next year has the value of a 2nd this year. It is also the Bears first round pick, likely to fall somewhere in the 20's. One thing this also does is make that Alphonso Smith trade look that much better. For one, it will certainly make us better this year which would make our first rounder a lower pick. It would also make our other moves in free agency better. With a stronger pass rush, all those upgrades we made in the secondary will be more strongly highlighted. After this move our 1st round pick would also likely be in the 20's.

5. This makes NT and QB the only real remaining weaknesses on the team. The only real impact NT prospect next year is Terrance Cody. Him, Sam Bradford, and Colt McCoy are likely top 10 picks. With the Alphonso Smith trade we have likely taken ourselves of out of a chance to get them. Hopefully we would be able to have realistic shot at getting Vince Wilfork. The Patriots have a history of letting their FA's walk. They also drafted 3 NT's in this year's draft so it would appear they are preparing to let Vince Wilfork do so. As for QB, hate him or love him that is McDaniels strongest trait as a coach. The man can develop QB's and with the weapons and protection we have in that offense a smart, efficient QB is what we need. Kyle Orton, Chris Simms, and Tom Brandstater all fit that profile. This come down to believing in Josh McDaniels to groom QB's, something I certainly do.

Why the Panthers would do this:
1. Peppers doesn't want to be there
When a player does not want to play for him nothing good comes out of keeping him. An unhappy player is more likely to underproduce and/or become a distraction in the locker room (see Ochocinco).

2. Financially it makes sense
With the franchise tag, Peppers will be earning $17M this year. A ridiculous number that is hindering the team from improving itself through free agency. The Panthers could use this new found cap room to get an impact WR across from Steve Smith and fill some holes on the defense.

3. The Panthers traded for Everette Brown
Everette Brown could come in and start at Peppers old spot. A month ago he was a certain top 15 pick. He is a great pass rusher that could make an immediate impact. Trading up to get him was a great move by the Panthers, but costly. They traded their 2010 1st for him. Getting a 2010 1st back would offset that cost.

4. The asking price for Peppers is likely a 1st and a 3rd
We would likely need to throw in a 3rd rounder for him. But I say its worth it. Why? Tony Sheffler. The Eagles have already been rumored to be willing to trade their extra 3rd for Sheffler. Sheffler will be underutilized in this offense and will be gone as a free agent after this year anyways. We might as well get value for him by using him as a tool in acquiring Julius Peppers. Flip that extra 3rd we acquire from Philly to the Panthers. We would essentially be trading Jay Cutler and Tony Sheffler for Kyle Orton, Robert Ayers (2009 1st), Julius Peppers (2010 1st), and Richard Quinn.

This move give the Broncos a much better defense and a much better team. Our depth chart would look like this:

DE - Robert Ayers/Kenny Peterson
NT - Ronald Fields/Chris Baker
DE - Darrell Reid/Marcus Thomas
SOLB - Julius Peppers/Boss Bailey
SILB - Andra Davis/Spencer Larsen
WILB - D.J. Williams/Wesley Woodyard
WOLB - Elvis Dumervil/Jarvis Moss
CB - Champ Bailey/Jack Williams/Domonique Johnson
FS - Renaldo Hill/Darcel McBath/David Bruton
SS - Brian Dawkins/Josh Barrett/David Bruton
CB - Alphonso Smith/Andre Goodman/Darcel McBath

a lot of this doesn't make sense to me...

for starters...Ayers will play OLB...you have Ayers at DE while the bigger Julius Peppers plays standing up?...

plus, can we at least wait until ONE GAME has been played before we proclaim QB is a weakness?...Orton has done nothing to warrent being considered a weakness...he has a winning record for crying out loud...

and why do you think the Bears pick falls in the 20s?...because they have Cutler?...the Bears had the 21st ranked D last year and did nothing significant to address it...they have no WRs and a struggling O-line...GB and Minn both have better teams...

and i'll just quickly touch on the rest--getting Peppers DOES NOT make our Alphonso pick appear better...Peppers has already peaked...and no way i throw in Tony Scheffler also...

broncofan7
04-29-2009, 05:08 PM
No. Trading Doom and DJ for him would make sense though.........

footstepsfrom#27
04-29-2009, 05:35 PM
This makes NT and QB the only real remaining weaknesses on the team.
Eh...no I'm afraid not.

DE - Robert Ayers/Kenny Peterson- Rookie starter
NT - Ronald Fields/Chris Baker- Backup guy starting
DE - Darrell Reid/Marcus Thomas- Starter sucks...why not Thomas BTW?
SOLB - Julius Peppers/Boss Bailey- He'd come here why?
SILB - Andra Davis/Spencer Larsen- New team FA...wait and see
WILB - D.J. Williams/Wesley Woodyard- Moving inside...not his best position
WOLB - Elvis Dumervil/Jarvis Moss- Unproven at new position
CB - Champ Bailey/Jack Williams/Domonique Johnson- Got this one covered
FS - Renaldo Hill/Darcel McBath/David Bruton- Average
SS - Brian Dawkins/Josh Barrett/David Bruton- Old...but maybe still good for us
CB - Alphonso Smith/Andre Goodman/Darcel McBath- Rookie CB's get toasted

Inkana7
04-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Eh...no I'm afraid not.

You completely ignored the entire premise of this thread to slam the team. Good job, you're a pompus douchebag.

footstepsfrom#27
04-29-2009, 05:51 PM
You completely ignored the entire premise of this thread to slam the team. Good job, you're a pompus douchebag.
Yes one has to tow the party line or risk being ostracized by the OM circle jerk and their blind faithful. :thumbsup:

I didn't ignore anything. His premise is that Peppers would be a fit here and part of that is because he thinks the defense is close to being fixed. I simply selected that part of the post I found most important to respond...something that happens on every single thread on this board.

Is there something I stated on these players that's incorrect? Please show me where.

eddie mac
04-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Not gonna happen.

Broncos have to set aside approx $25m plus in guarantees for Moreno, Ayers, Smith, McBath and Quinn, so forget any further spending over base minimum salaries for a vet or 2.

~Crash~
04-29-2009, 07:27 PM
if I was Mc0-16 I would do this now.

BroncoMan4ever
04-29-2009, 07:42 PM
That's a nice argument. Trading for Peppers would certainly be a risk. But McDaniels has shown he has the cajones to make such a move. Exhibit A: Trading for Cutler. Exhibit B: Trading our own 1st in 2010 for a 2nd this year.

true, but he is trading for guys who fit his scheme. Cutler was successful in Shanahan's scheme and had a cockiness to him that McDaniels possibly felt he wouldn't be able to mold into his style of QB.

and trading the 1st doesn't come as that big of a deal. another team did it, for Everett Brown. Smith is definitely one of the best Corners in this draft, and if the team felt he was rated as a 1st round pick, then it is fine with me that they spent a 1st to get him.

but on Peppers, i just hate the idea of trading for guys in their 30s. it seems to be the ceiling for most guys, and just a waste of picks and money. i know there are guys like Neil Smith, Reggie White, and Strahan who have good careers well into their 30s, but for every one of those guys, there are 20 John Englebergers, or Simeon Rices(31 was his last good year and then done) who can't cut it after 30.

kdissette
04-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Do we even have 16mil in cap room to take on that? I dont think so.

BroncoMan4ever
04-29-2009, 07:49 PM
No. Trading Doom and DJ for him would make sense though.........

in what way does trading the most athletically talented LB on the team along with the only player on the roster who has shown any ability to get to the QB, for an aging DE who will be needing to learn a new position and is going to command mega dollars make any sense?

bowtown
04-29-2009, 08:06 PM
in what way does trading the most athletically talented LB on the team along with the only player on the roster who has shown any ability to get to the QB, for an aging DE who will be needing to learn a new position and is going to command mega dollars make any sense?

Not to mention that, for the last time, we can't--that's can NOT--absorb the 9+ million dollar cap hit that trading DJ away would cost. People love to ignore that though.

peacepipe
04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
so Ayers at 270 will play DE, while Peppers at like 290 will play Linebacker?It would be the other way around. Ayers is barely big enough to DE in a 4-3.

Anyway, people would rather take a chance on a unproven player(possible bust) than a proven player that can help make the differance in winning some games?

peacepipe
04-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Do we even have 16mil in cap room to take on that? I dont think so. We aren't dumb enough to sign him to a 1 yr deal. We would gaurantee more money over a span of some years bringing that # down significantly for our cap this yr.

socalorado
04-29-2009, 09:04 PM
NO. NO. AND NO.

There will be ALL KINDS OF HUGE VALUE AT AROUND #20 NEXT YEAR!!
QB
http://walterfootball.com/college/Delaware_logo.gif Pat Devlin*, Delaware
Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.74.
Projected Round (2010): 1.
2/4/09: Pat Devlin doesn't have much playing experience, BUT HE POSSESSES A ROCKET ARM. He transferred over to Delaware from Penn St. in hopes of becoming the next Joe Flacco.
NT
http://walterfootball.com/college/Alabama_logo.gif Terrence Cody, Alabama
Height: 6-5. Weight: 365.
Projected 40 Time: 5.50.
Projected Round (2010): Top 25 Pick.
11/23/08: Terrence Cody said he's not declaring early, but once he discovers that he has a great shot at being drafted in the top 15, he could reconsider. Cody is a monstrous run-stuffer and should be a Kris Jenkins-like difference-maker at the next level.
ILB
http://walterfootball.com/college/Florida_logo.gif Brandon Spikes*, Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 244.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2009): Top 25 Pick.
1/10/09: In addition to a win over Oklahoma in college football's runner-up championship, Spikes tallied 87 tackles, eight TFL, two sacks, four picks (two for TDs) and two passes broken up as a junior.

12/7/08: Brandon Spikes has been a beast this year, and is almost a first-round lock. Going into the SEC Championship, Spikes recorded 80 tackles, eight TFL, two sacks and four picks (two returned for touchdowns.)

5/11/08: In addition to being a sound tackler (a whopping 131 stops in 2007), Brandon Spikes is also great in pass coverage.

2007: The centerpiece of Florida's defense despite being only a sophomore. Either leading the Gators in tackles or sacking opposing quarterbacks on multiple occasions every single week.
DE
http://walterfootball.com/college/USC_logo.gif Everson Griffen*, USC
Height: 6-3. Weight: 265.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
2/12/09: Everson Griffen didn't really meet expectations as a sophomore, notching six TFL and 4.5 sacks. However, his athleticism will get him drafted in the top half of the first round, assuming he doesn't completely bottom out.

7/30/08: A beast of a defensive end, Everson Griffen is extremely quick for his imposing size. If he runs a 4.5, he could go in the top five. As a measuring stick, Vernon Gholston, chosen sixth overall in 2008, ran a 4.65 at about the same size. As a true freshman, Everson Griffen had 5.5 sacks despite starting only two games.
OLB
http://walterfootball.com/college/SouthFlorida_logo.gif George Selvie, South Florida
Height: 6-4. Weight: 250.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.
1/8/09: George Selvie announced that he'll be returning for his senior season.

11/16/08: Facing countless double teams this year, it's amazing George Selvie has been able to put up 11 TFL and five sacks through eight contests.

5/7/08: George Selvie made huge strides as a sophomore, notching 14.5 sacks for the South Florida Bulls. Selvie needs to put on a bit more bulk, but he's probably a top-10 pick regardless, barring a horrendous junior campaign.

2007: Easily the top 3-4 rush linebacker in the class of 2010, George Selvie had 5.5 sacks as a fresman. What's more impressive is that Selvie equaled that total in his sophomore year after only two games.
OLB
http://walterfootball.com/college/BostonCollege_logo.gif Mark Herzlich, Boston College
Height: 6-4. Weight: 238.
Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
1/10/09: Announced he'll be returning for his senior season. He'll need to run a fast 40 to be a 1st round pick.

12/6/08: Mark Herzlich was named the ACC Defensive Player of the Year. He had 98 tackles, nine TFL, 2.5 sacks and seven passes broken up. Most impressively, he had six interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns.

8/2/08: </B>Started every game as a sophomore. Mark Herzlich recorded 97 tackles and 12 tackles for loss.

THE WILDCARD TO MAKE THE 1ST ROUND
QB
http://walterfootball.com/college/CentralMichigan_logo.gif Dan LeFevour*, Central Michigan
Height: 6-3. Weight: 226.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2010): 4.
2/4/09: Dan LeFevour threw for 2,784 yards, 21 touchdowns and just six picks as a junior. He also rushed for 592yards. His YPA (7.4) and completion percentage (66.8) were both pretty solid.

5/1/08: Looking to be the next talented NFL quarterback from the MAC, Dan LeFevour threw for 3,652 yards, 27 touchdowns and only 13 picks in 2007. He completed 65.4 percent of his passes, and rushed for 1,122 yards and 19 scores.

Plenty of really solid talent next year.

Carmelo15
04-29-2009, 10:48 PM

LOL

Doggcow
04-30-2009, 01:51 AM
No, we have to trade down for like 74 5th round picks.

cutthemdown
04-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Eh...no I'm afraid not.

I agree to some extent with what you are getting at but.....

Last yr offense looked like this.

LT- Rookie starter at tough position
LG- Coming off injury might be done
C- castoff from KC
RG-pretty decent player
RT- Back problems, has never started since drafted

WR1- Great player
WR2- Rookie starter
QB-great player
TE-always gets injured
RB-no one special to mention to start last yr IMO

cutthemdown
04-30-2009, 01:58 AM
Also as long as Broncos have a number 1, number 2, number 3 in each yrs drafts I won't worry. If you trade below that amount you better get some players that play well in return.

TheChamp24
04-30-2009, 04:59 AM
This is stupid. Sure, Peppers is good and it would be nice to add him, but again, why? Are we on the brink of a Championship here? No, we aren't. Peppers is going to be on the downside of his career, going to ask for a ton of money.

dbfan21
04-30-2009, 05:29 AM

Bingo!

peacepipe
04-30-2009, 05:45 AM
This is stupid. Sure, Peppers is good and it would be nice to add him, but again, why? Are we on the brink of a Championship here? No, we aren't. Peppers is going to be on the downside of his career, going to ask for a ton of money.Who cares,if the broncos feel they can make his contract fit under the cap over the next few years then do it.

alkemical
04-30-2009, 05:55 AM
I'd rather get larry foote

55CrushEm
04-30-2009, 06:34 AM

Not to mention, it appears that many here are delusional in thinking that we can have A-level talent at every single position on the field.

Old Dude
04-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Not gonna happen.

Broncos have to set aside approx $25m plus in guarantees for Moreno, Ayers, Smith, McBath and Quinn, so forget any further spending over base minimum salaries for a vet or 2.

End of story.

broncsyanks
04-30-2009, 10:35 AM
i want peppers. just not for that much