PDA

View Full Version : Travis LaBoy

MABroncoFan
04-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Cardinals released Travis LaBoy today. Maybe he could be brought in as an OLB.
Also, DE Simon Fraser was released by Atlanta.

lex
04-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Cardinals released Travis LaBoy today. Maybe he could be brought in as an OLB.
Also, DE Simon Fraser was released by Atlanta.

That guys really clever. When youre that clever you get awesome nicknames like "the Saint."

Elway777
04-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Get Him plus also get Vonnie Holliday.

barryr
04-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Holliday would be a nice pickup. Experienced in a 3-4 defense and nice size. LaBoy just hasn't shown much, so not sure if he's worth the time.

supermanhr9
04-29-2009, 08:13 AM
the saint?

chiefforlife
04-29-2009, 08:14 AM
I think the Chiefs should have the inside track to Laboy, having his DC on staff. We NEED pass rushers.

azbroncfan
04-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Pick up Holliday and Kevin Carter as two DE bandaids and I will feel okay about the D.

Gcver2ver3
04-29-2009, 10:38 AM
i'm encouraged that we'll find some help along the front seven with teams' salary cap cuts...

we still have cap room and i think we'll find some bargains that can be at the least stop gaps for us...

Vonnie Holliday leads my list at this point...

broncofan7
04-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Pick up Vonnie-- and then do this :

Package DJ Williams & DOOM to Carolina for Julius Peppers, then trade a 6th rounder for Larry Foote to PIT

RDE-Holiday/Ayers
NT-Fields-YUCK
LDE-Thomas
ROLB-Peppers
ILB-Foote
ILB-Davis
LOB-ayers/Bailey?
CB-champ
CB-Andre
S-Dawk
S-Hill

At least we would have some semblence of a pass rush with Peppers

Slade
04-29-2009, 11:42 AM
No thanks to peppers at this point. Holliday would be good. And I believe Ayers will rotate between RDE and ROLB. Keep in mind he is a run stopping guy, so Doom will be needed in passing situations to get pressure from the edge.

RDE - Ayers/Holiday (Holiday on running downs...and Ayers on passing)
NT - Fields, Baker (We should look to bring in a vet here...depending on how Fields and Baker do in training camp)
LDE - Thomas, Powell, Pedescleux
ROLB - Doom/Ayers (Ayers on running downs...and Doom on passing)
ILB - DJ, Greisen
ILB - Davis
LOBL - Reid (We def need a vet here!)
CB - Champ
CB - Smith, Goodman (Goodman will start the season, but Smith should take over by game 5)
S - Dawkins (I love our depth here)
S - Hill

The best part so far is the guys we are bringing in are special team guys! We will have a great unit there for a change!

Slade
04-29-2009, 11:43 AM

We will have a pass rush with Doom and Ayers (who is a good penatrator). I would rather get Leroy Hill if we want to spend money and move DJ to the outside.

Gcver2ver3
04-29-2009, 11:48 AM

Package DJ Williams & DOOM to Carolina for Julius Peppers, then trade a 6th rounder for Larry Foote to PIT

RDE-Holiday/Ayers
NT-Fields-YUCK
LDE-Thomas
ROLB-Peppers
ILB-Foote
ILB-Davis
LOB-ayers/Bailey?
CB-champ
CB-Andre
S-Dawk
S-Hill

not the worst fantasy in the world but a couple things:

One, Carolina wouldn't be interested in Dumervil because they already have him...Everette Brown...they're both short undersized edge rushers...having two of them is not advantageous to Carolina...

and B (yes i know what i just did), no need to trade anything for Foote, he's gonna be released shortly...

i wouldn't want to do that even from a Broncos perspective...Doom and Ayers could make a dangerous pair of OLBs to deal with...why pay the older and more expensive Peppers monster cash?...plus we need to keep DJ Williams...our LB crew is thin and he may prove very valuable to us this season...

bap454
04-29-2009, 12:07 PM

RDE-Holiday/Ayers
NT-Fields-YUCK
LDE-Thomas
ROLB-Peppers
ILB-Foote
ILB-Davis
LOB-ayers/Bailey?
CB-champ
CB-Andre
S-Dawk
S-Hill

Wash your mouth out with soap for even thinking of trading D.J. Mcdaniels already promised him that he was going to be a big part of the Defense. NO WAY he goes back on his word......oh wait...

MileHighMagic
04-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Laboy is a stud. I have followed him a bit because a friend of mine was his roomie at Hawaii. I would love to get him.

Elway777
04-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Laboy is also good at tackling and would be decent against the run. Dumervil is a great situational pass rusher and could come in on passing downs. Laboy and Dumervil could be a great tandem at rush linebacker. If Ayers works out at Sam then the Broncos are solid at linebacker for years.

The Moops
04-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Heck, we need all the d-linemen we can get since Xanders and McDaniels didn't address it in the draft.

Bring 'em all in!!

SonOfLe-loLang
04-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Heck, we need all the d-linemen we can get since Xanders and McDaniels didn't address it in the draft.

Bring 'em all in!!

Ohhhh noooo...i'm sorry, it's the moops!